Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by calvintan
    hi, anyone know what happened to Katong Mansion, looks like being enbloc.
    Who bought all the apt, looks like some development is happening there. Potential MRT site?
    ya, i saw that last night as well... 12 units all bought up at price of around 1020psf!

Katong Mansion at Telok Kurau Road has been collective sold for S$34 million to Oxley Module

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Katong Mansion at Telok Kurau Road has been collective sold for S$34 million to Oxley Module
    ground floor shophouse project coming up????

oh.. than no chance for MRT site liao, looks like any development will be launched.

Quote Originally Posted by calvintan
    oh.. than no chance for MRT site liao, looks like any development will be launched.
    calvin, dun worry. more new developments will enhance the value of the area as well...

best is to have shops and restaurants

Quote from another forum on soil test locations

Originally Posted by profkingsfield2004
    ERL - I keep seeing the same stretch being bored over and over again. I wonder why? The other thing I found, they r doing soil testing between the end of Runway 02L and the ECP (yes inside the fenced up part of the airport).

Further back, they are doing a couple of drillings at Changi Business Park 2 of Changi South Business Park - next to the signboard which points to exit from PIE into Upper Changi Road. If this is an indicaiton of the future alignment, it does look true that the next station is Changi Airport Station itself. Changi South Business Park Station is likely to be where Std Chartered Bank has its HUB. The line runs along Laguna Green to Bedok Corner all the way to the city.

so the marine parade location is estimated at ...??? any one can shed some light...

1) between republic theate and in front of Parc sea breeze
    2) at the marine parade ntuc ...
    3) near parkway
    4) ....other location , pls add to the list

Telok kurau station is ..estimated
    1) near to the marine parade town council head office
    2) other locations, pls add to the list ....

Eunos and Paya lebar is too far for me to walk from tembeling stetch...so marine parade is my best bet....Telok kurau mrt probably too far for me

Now that LTA has announced the locations of DTL3, wonder whether they are about to also announce the exact locations of ERL.

In previous posts, some of you have indicated that LTA will likely announce the ERL locations either in 2011 or 2012.

Default MRT in D15 *eastern region line

I read this post and started to wonder about is this all about....sorry but i fail to understand...maybe something is missing somewhere...

Seriously, what is all these soil study tracking about...?? This is what i call looking at too much details but missing the big picture....

You have to ask yourself this question...when is the eastern line ready?? in year 2020??? Come on...give everyone a break....by the time it is ready, many things have changed...

Why are people even bothered to find out about all these details when it only happens in 10 years time? What is the effect on the prices? I doubt it is any useful at all even if they announce today where exactly is the station...

In 10 yrs time, almost all SIngapore would already be well connected by MRT with the exception of D15...

Think....

Quote Originally Posted by luzman
    I read this post and started to wonder about is this all about....sorry but i fail to understand...maybe something is missing somewhere...

Seriously, what is all these soil study tracking about...?? This is what i call looking at too much details but missing the big picture....

You have to ask yourself this question...when is the eastern line ready?? in year 2020??? Come on...give everyone a break....by the time it is ready, many things have changed...

Why are people even bothered to find out about all these details when it only happens in 10 years time? What is the effect on the prices? I doubt it is any useful at all even if they announce today where exactly is the station...

In 10 yrs time, almost all SIngapore would already be well connected by MRT with the exception of D15...

Think....
    it's not your perogative to say people should not be bothered to find out. it's a personal choice and right to enquire what concerns themselves. with your statement "almost all singapore would be already well connected by mrt with the exception of D15", may i remind you that DTL3 is only expected to be completed 2-3 years earlier than ERL, i.e. 2017/18 vs 2020

Bulk of Tokyo and London are also covered by the Tube or JR/subway, but there are significant prices for the different locations still.

Being next to a MRT is one of many factors, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    it's not your perogative to say people should not be bothered to find out. it's a personal choice and right to enquire what concerns themselves. with your statement "almost all singapore would be already well connected by mrt with the exception of D15", may i remind you that DTL3 is only expected to be completed 2-3 years earlier than ERL, i.e. 2017/18 vs 2020
    Whether it is or its not my prerogative to say people dont need to be bothered...it is a fact that one should not be too engross into the small details but missing what actually is the main point of doing all these....

The question to all is, what is the point of pin pointing the exact location of the MRT? If your answer is that with utmost accuracy, you can strike rich...then I say its pointless at this point to focus on where is the soil study..where is the station...because even when you are within 10 metres of accuracy, u wont get super rich as it is going to be 10 years later...even if your property is within 10M from the entrance of the MRT station, the price wont shoot up 100% if it is announced today...because no idiot would want to invest now when the station is going to be ready in 2010...when u are 10 years older...your kids 10 years older too...everything is 10 years older...your current property is 10 years older...

Further, 10 years is not a short time we can see probably 1 or 2 cycles of downturn...if we are lucky...

Which brings me to the main point, see the big picture guys....

may not be investment pt of view? if i am staying ard there...i wud like to find out the exact location wat....whether within walking distance anot....as u said, MRT will be very common in future...so imagine if ur ppty is not within 500m radius of a mrt stn....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    may not be investment pt of view? if i am staying ard there...i wud like to find out the exact location wat....whether within walking distance anot....as u said, MRT will be very common in future...so imagine if ur ppty is not within 500m radius of a mrt stn....
    If you are staying around the MRT, then it is trouble and trouble for many years till completion I must say...cos I have endured such nuisance for at least 2-3 years when the MRT line was undergoing construction....noise, dust...traffic...worse, traffic diversion beside my property...had numerous meeting with LTA also useless...

So, you better pray MRT is not nearby if that is the case....

For investment, it depends on locations lah....I dont think Admore Park has a MRT nearby.....so, MRT is more convenient which is true but it is dependent on location when investment is the main motivation..

Think....
    To enlighten you, all markets, be it stock or property moves on news not so much the actual event itself. Ever heard the term, 'Buy on rumour' or 'Market has already discounted the news.'

Why there is an impact for astute investors is not so much the fact that the stations will be ready in 2020 but the fact that announcement of the stations is slated sometime next year or 2012. Do you think that the areas which will benefit from the news will not see an immediate price impact once the news of the exact locations are announced? Investors who can second guess the stations now can reap the benefits when the announcement is made in 2011/12 and not have to wait till 2020 when the stations are ready.

I am not too sure whether you have ever invested in anything before but smart investors make use of all information on hand to make educated guesses to sniff out assets which are undervalued.
    Last edited by proper-t; 24-08-10 at 11:14.

To enlighten you, all markets, be it stock or property moves on news not so much the actual event itself. Ever heard the term, 'Buy on rumour' or 'Market has already discounted the news.'

Why there is an impact for astute investors is not so much the fact that the stations will be ready in 2020 but the fact that announcement of the stations is slated sometime next year or 2012. Do you think that the areas which will benefit from the news will not see an immediate price impact once the news of the exact locations are announced? Investors who can second guess the stations now can reap the benefits when the announcement is made in 2011/12 and not have to wait till 2020 when the stations are ready.

I am not too sure whether you have ever invested in anything before but smart investors make use of all information on hand to make educated guesses to sniff out assets which are undervalued.
    Let me enlighten you about looking at the big picture again....

First of all, when u are making an investment based on guessing....then you are definitely not an astute investor....astute investor make decision based on available information that others do not process or they think others have not seen the value...so, making a guessing here about where is the exact location is at best...a risky investment decision..

Secondly, why are u bothered about making an investment now and hope u hit it right just to see a 10-15% gain and hope it will continue to hold that value for the next 10 years? A astute investor wouldnt with his right mind want to take such a long term view because there will be many up and downs within the 10 years...if u are telling me that it going to be ready in 2-3 years time, i say...go ahead and so all the details leg work...

If u are astute investor, many information has already been announced years ago but you will not see much increase in value only towards the completion of the project...an example is the circle line...u see big price increase many years ago there?? think....

I certainly do not think those properties along the east coast is undervalued at today's price....with or without MRT now...

Finally, rest assured that I have invested as much in properties and stocks as u do...but I dont invest based on guessing...for sure...

I kind of agree 10 years is a long time to speculate... And looking at how DTL3 is delayed, this ERL may be beyond 2020. If want to speculate, you're better off speculating the Thomson line because it's earlier in 2018, which may be delayed as well...

I actually the "MRT effect" on price appreciation only kicks in few months prior to the opening of the station. Not 10 years or 5 years in advance.

I agree.
    I think there is two spikes - one when the station location is fixed and the other when the line is near/at operational.

For the other lines - can speculate but anything above 3 - 5 years will also have the usual market forces/cycles in effect.

Anyway, if for owner occupier - better to buy when line is near/at operational to gain the use.
    For investors - better to keep at eye for market condition and location rather than a 'ulu' station nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I kind of agree 10 years is a long time to speculate... And looking at how DTL3 is delayed, this ERL may be beyond 2020. If want to speculate, you're better off speculating the Thomson line because it's earlier in 2018, which may be delayed as well...

I actually the "MRT effect" on price appreciation only kicks in few months prior to the opening of the station. Not 10 years or 5 years in advance.

oredi bot cheap and got new MRT announced...HUAT la...now too late oredi...haha

First of all, when u are making an investment based on guessing....then you are definitely not an astute investor....astute investor make decision based on available information that others do not process or they think others have not seen the value...so, making a guessing here about where is the exact location is at best...a risky investment decision..

Secondly, why are u bothered about making an investment now and hope u hit it right just to see a 10-15% gain and hope it will continue to hold that value for the next 10 years? A astute investor wouldnt with his right mind want to take such a long term view because there will be many up and downs within the 10 years...if u are telling me that it going to be ready in 2-3 years time, i say...go ahead and so all the details leg work...

If u are astute investor, many information has already been announced years ago but you will not see much increase in value only towards the completion of the project...an example is the circle line...u see big price increase many years ago there?? think....

I certainly do not think those properties along the east coast is undervalued at today's price....with or without MRT now...

Finally, rest assured that I have invested as much in properties and stocks as u do...but I dont invest based on guessing...for sure...

Errrr....your question was about why people in this thread are so engrossed in this topic and I am merely enlightening you. If you still (i quote) "wonder what this is about and fail to understand" unquote, then I really cannot do anything for you. My deepest apologies.

If your intention instead is to point out that people who invest in properties based on their analyses of proximity to MRT stations are plain ridiculous and clueless, then that is another matter. I have no doubt that you are well-schooled and may have huge portfolios of properties and stocks but that sort of arrogance is uncalled for in this forum.

I have known investors who analyse hard data and process info to death but still end up making less money than investors who invest on 'hunches'. Whatever their investment methodology, I do not think we should demean one or the other.

Enough said.......

bro, I also want to know the big picture. So can you tell me if the Property market is gonna crash next year? I can collect some ammunition in the meantime...

Errrr....your question was about why people in this thread are so engrossed in this topic and I am merely enlightening you. If you still (i quote) "wonder what this is about and fail to understand" unquote, then I really cannot do anything for you. My deepest apologies.

If your intention instead is to point out that people who invest in properties based on their analyses of proximity to MRT stations are plain ridiculous and clueless, then that is another matter. I have no doubt that you are well-schooled and may have huge portfolios of properties and stocks but that sort of arrogance is uncalled for in this forum.

I have known investors who analyse hard data and process info to death but still end up making less money than investors who invest on 'hunches'. Whatever their investment methodology, I do not think we should demean one or the other.

Enough said.......
    totally agree with you bro. different people have different opinions. like economists around the world, some say double dip, some postulate the start of a bull run while others predict doom and gloom. just have to present in an non-offensive manner rather than go on a bashing rage or force your views down another's throat.

if i declare something's useless, then i better back it up with facts or state categorically that it's my personal opinion or else, i'd better get ready to be whacked

Quote Originally Posted by mightyleftfoot
    bro, I also want to know the big picture. So can you tell me if the Property market is gonna crash next year? I can collect some ammunition in the meantime...
    nobody can predict the time and depth of the next crash or upturn. just have to rely on horizon markers of different scenarios and lay out your personal set of purchase criteria.

just to quote a perfect example. in the middle of 2009, a cousin of mine, who just completed his masters in finance, confidently declared that the housing market will crash at the end of 2009. at that point in time, he was living in a rented room and bidding for time to purchase. fast forward to now, he's still living in a rented room and lamenting that property prices are now out of his reach. moral of the story - don't try to time the market

If Ardmore park has MRT, maybe 4000 psf is normal? So it is hard to say.

If you are staying around the MRT, then it is trouble and trouble for many years till completion I must say...cos I have endured such nuisance for at least 2-3 years when the MRT line was undergoing construction....noise, dust...traffic...worse, traffic diversion beside my property...had numerous meeting with LTA also useless...

So, you better pray MRT is not nearby if that is the case....

For investment, it depends on locations lah....I dont think Admore Park has a MRT nearby.....so, MRT is more convenient which is true but it is dependent on location when investment is the main motivation..

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    nobody can predict the time and depth of the next crash or upturn. just have to rely on horizon markers of different scenarios and lay out your personal set of purchase criteria.

just to quote a perfect example. in the middle of 2009, a cousin of mine, who just completed his masters in finance, confidently declared that the housing market will crash at the end of 2009. at that point in time, he was living in a rented room and bidding for time to purchase. fast forward to now, he's still living in a rented room and lamenting that property prices are now out of his reach. moral of the story - don't try to time the market
    and i can tell u...these r the ppl tat might ended up buying a unit at the very peak...haha

Enough said.......

That is exactly my point...dont be too engrossed on hard data and start to make speculations and tracking on the soil study etc...its too much details and doesnt see the big picture of the actual situation ....

Let me put my main point here again before somebody starts to misread of misinterpret my comments...

I did not say doing all this soil tracking and analysis of possible MRT station is stupid or according to your words "clueless or plain ridiculous"...I am saying by all means do that if your MRT station is going to be ready within these few years....What i am saying is that I fail to understand it when the station is going to be ready maybe 2020...maybe 2021 or 2022....its too far away for god's sake....so, it makes no sense because there are many factors within the next 10 years that will affect prices...certainly not the MRT lines now....that's what i mean by saying "look at the big picture and not dealt will too much details"..

That is exactly my point...dont be too engrossed on hard data and start to make speculations and tracking on the soil study etc...its too much details and doesnt see the big picture of the actual situation ....

Let me put my main point here again before somebody starts to misread of misinterpret my comments...

I did not say doing all this soil tracking and analysis of possible MRT station is stupid or according to your words "clueless or plain ridiculous"...I am saying by all means do that if your MRT station is going to be ready within these few years....What i am saying is that I fail to understand it when the station is going to be ready maybe 2020...maybe 2021 or 2022....its too far away for god's sake....so, it makes no sense because there are many factors within the next 10 years that will affect prices...certainly not the MRT lines now....that's what i mean by saying "look at the big picture and not dealt will too much details"..
    but the masses didnt tink tat way...the moment new stn announced, sellers will ask higher prices and some not so savvy buyers may bite....immediate 5-10% surge of prices...not bad wat...

but the masses didnt tink tat way...the moment new stn announced, sellers will ask higher prices and some not so savvy buyers may bite....immediate 5-10% surge of prices...not bad wat...
    new station announced then raise prices meh?? FEO priced the proximity to mrt stations into their wavefront projects, silversea, the shore residences. i remembered silversea's brochure specifically pictured the location of the marine parade mrt and FEO got a warning for it.

I agree....and u concur...some not so savvy buyers fall into the trap....

My point is to bring attention to everyone here...which is..true, maybe there is a slight increase..but will u want to invest now to gain this 5-10%? Is the risk worth it? There is even a possibility that the price may drop because of the disturbances to the surrounding area and genuine buyers would want to avoid until most of the construction is complete...

I can see people are very excited about the location of the station for this MRT line. They have only just announced stations of a the DTL that will complete in 2017. Any idea when will they annouce station for this line?