Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atrium Residences

I go for food at times. Example the beef kuay teow at the corner. Will go with wife but buy take away. May hit the stomp if found over there due to the sensitivity of my profession which was a hit in the recent news.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    last time my cheap jap made car park in geylang for 30mins aso tio scratch lor....

i go there for dining hor....not erection...hehe

see la...smtimes we aso feel shy when we say we go to geylang....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I go for food at times. Example the beef kuay teow at the corner. Will go with wife but buy take away. May hit the stomp if found over there due to the sensitivity of my profession which was a hit in the recent news.
    You lawyer? MP? Minister?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Actually, if Government wants to move the RED/Bright lights out of Geylang, where can they move this to without stirring up the roar or projects of the other estates' resident and overall citizens...I believe it will be status quo for many years to come. Most people have accepted the notion of Geylang with controlled vice. Where else in Singapore can Government move them to? Build a new town for this ? Cannot right. Move them to other places, worst, suddenly will have so much debate and protest, best just to leave it. In every country sure have such activities..., whether how controlled only. Perhaps, in future, activities maybe less, but in my view Geylang will still be Geylang...also in other people's eyes?
    I know where they can move it to - Serangoon Gdns. The last time worker dorm also moved there caused stirrings but in the end still go ahead...

i assume ur family dunwan to stay in geylang rite....den wat makes u tink this project got further potential if u urself nvr consider tat location for self stay?

since u dun hf other ppty....u shd be buying a plc tat suits both investment cum self stay in case smthing happen and u nid to move out
    Hi, yes, definitely not for family stay base on current situation in Geylang. Because of Geylang's proximity to the town, I am kind of leaning towards the belief that one day, the government will move the red light district away from there. When that happen, the property will have huge upside gain. If it doesn't, I will still get my rental return.

Buying a place that fits both the investment and self stay criteria is also in my mine but the potential upside gain of geylang is what is enticing me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I know where they can move it to - Serangoon Gdns. The last time worker dorm also moved there caused stirrings but in the end still go ahead...
    Aiya, if they move their, MP will lose his/her seat and Aljunied GRC will be in opposition hands. Last time, they screw up by proposing the Foreign qtrs already cost public funds $2mil to build the dedicated road from AMK Ave 1..

For these FT in Geylang to move, they need some where with Budget hotels, affordable accomodation, amenities like Clinics 7-11s, easy access to public transport and clientele..., Geylang quite near to RWS and MBS, have MRT nearby, take cab also easy ...via Nicol Highway...

Some data for your info, think prices have creeped up to $800psf..., fairly new project, in-between Dakota and Aljunied MRT - .
    Thanks.....

Aiya, if they move their, MP will lose his/her seat and Aljunied GRC will be in opposition hands. Last time, they screw up by proposing the Foreign qtrs already cost public funds $2mil to build the dedicated road from AMK Ave 1..

For these FT in Geylang to move, they need some where with Budget hotels, affordable accomodation, amenities like Clinics 7-11s, easy access to public transport and clientele..., Geylang quite near to RWS and MBS, have MRT nearby, take cab also easy ...via Nicol Highway...
    BALESTIER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ps16
    Hi, yes, definitely not for family stay base on current situation in Geylang. Because of Geylang's proximity to the town, I am kind of leaning towards the belief that one day, the government will move the red light district away from there. When that happen, the property will have huge upside gain. If it doesn't, I will still get my rental return.

Buying a place that fits both the investment and self stay criteria is also in my mine but the potential upside gain of geylang is what is enticing me.
    Looking at the rate of en-bloc and 'renewal' of bldgs in Geylang (just look at Lor 28 already 3 MM projects) I won't be surprised.

My bet is definitely on that government will move the red light district away from Geylang.

Reasons
    1. The area there is too prime to be use for red light district
    2. The new sports hub is very near, very bad for Singapore's image when they start to host international events
    3. If the government can plan to move the old(hospice) to JB, why not the vice? During my recent weekend trips to JB, I noticed that Singapore immigration has open up more lanes and the queue has reduced substantially. With also plans to build MRT across to JB, putting vice across to JB will be much easier.

Wild thoughts for thoughts.....

BALESTIER!!!!!
    Actually, there like Geylang, also have damn good food, even closer to RWS and MBS...

Close to as have to meet lots of people.
    You lawyer? MP? Minister?

My bet is definitely on that government will move the red light district away from Geylang.

Reasons
    2. The new sports hub is very near, very bad for Singapore's image when they start to host international events
    3. If the government can plan to move the old(hospice) to JB, why not the vice? During my recent weekend trips to JB, I noticed that Singapore immigration has open up more lanes and the queue has reduced substantially. With also plans to build MRT across to JB, putting vice across to JB will be much easier.

why bad for Singapore's image?
    During sporting events, free condoms are often distributed to athletes.
    If not mistaken, Youth Olympics athletes are also given free condoms.
    Why not let Geylang OKT earn some extra money?

hmmm, what profession was in recent news?
    Teachers/trainee teachers caught for xxx scandals?

in my opinion geylang is one of the best plc for vice activities liao lor....govt jus nid to contain it and make sure it dun get spread out of geylang into paya lebar or kallang or even dakota

with 2 IRs and sands so nearby.....chances of shifting the redlight to smwhr else is vy vy slim....dun even tink about it...

city fringe locations da best for such

in my opinion geylang is one of the best plc for vice activities liao lor....govt jus nid to contain it and make sure it dun get spread out of geylang into paya lebar or kallang or even dakota
    How cum you know my expansion plans har?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why bad for Singapore's image?
    During sporting events, free condoms are often distributed to athletes.
    If not mistaken, Youth Olympics athletes are also given free condoms.
    Why not let Geylang OKT earn some extra money?
    Yes, please.

Singapore Sports Hub huat ahhhhh!!!!

Reasons

We get Msian workers commuting to Singapore on daily basis by car, motobikes, public tranport, but for vice workers to commute daily from JB, a bit of a mission...if they are Msian - maybe still possible, but for other Foreign Talent vice workers to do that, kinda of funny...Imagine after a late night of hard work, have to commute in MRT back to JB, squeezing with the early morning rush hour crowd who are going to office or schools..

Not so low level. More professional than that.

No $1000psf No Sell!

Bro, if u MP/Minister - should be ok, go there do walkabout, do some ground work, if u are lawyer, still ok - expand your clientele ...unless u are prosecutor, always put Geylang residents in Changi "Free Accomodation", then sure - better for u NOT to go there..

Melosa MM, FH 28, 54 units of 1 & 2 brm, $4xx agent just sms for VVIP preview...Lor 28 geylang buzzing...

Bro, if u MP/Minister - should be ok, go there do walkabout, do some ground work, if u are lawyer, still ok - expand your clientele ...unless u are prosecutor, always put Geylang residents in Changi "Free Accomodation", then sure - better for u NOT to go there..
    We are waiting for the gahment prosecutor with open fists

Melosa MM, FH 28, 54 units of 1 & 2 brm, $4xx agent just sms for VVIP preview...Lor 28 geylang buzzing...
    Thanks for info....

Another grassroots leader *** scandal :

2 abortions and cheating.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1k...es?msg=45101.1

The last grassroot leader photo women upskirts.

ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,080,000 1,227 Strata 880 Feb-12
    ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 950,000 1,023 Strata 929 Dec-11
    ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,190,000 1,259 Strata 945 Nov-11

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,080,000 1,227 Strata 880 Feb-12
    ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 950,000 1,023 Strata 929 Dec-11
    ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,190,000 1,259 Strata 945 Nov-11

Why so scared? Still relatively inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate View Post
    geyOKT says no 400psf no buy wor but ever since the prices keep rising till 8xxpsf....HAHA
    Now around $1,000 lor.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    For me I think this is the cheapest non-mickey mouse relatively new freehold development near the city. If the red light district move out of this place, can easily fetch similar prices as waterbank.

....maybe 20 years later?
    i was looking back at this thread...reading the frivolous comments made by some ppl.....its less than 20 yrs but the price has shot up for Atrium...

Everywhere has shot up... Waterbank has shot up close to 1900psf already.