Thread: Rental Yield

Default Rental Yield

Any experts can share wat's the average rental yield for D9, D10 and D15 like?

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    Any experts can share wat's the average rental yield for D9, D10 and D15 like?
    Look at URA site. They have average psf rental for large projects.

Should be quite low for district9 due to high property price vs rental at the moment.
    To make things worse agents I have talked to recently seem to indicate rental prices are dropping as supply comes online. Not sure how true this is though.

Default Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    Look at URA site. They have average psf rental for large projects.

Should be quite low for district9 due to high property price vs rental at the moment.
    To make things worse agents I have talked to recently seem to indicate rental prices are dropping as supply comes online. Not sure how true this is though.
    Strange but true that rental for suburban is offering better yield than prime. Suburban has much more demand.

Generally, OCR enjoys better rental yield but lesser future capital appreciation as buyers r more price sensitive.

CCR enjoys the least rental yield but potentially higher capital appreciation as buyers r mostly investors/speculators and less sensitive to any price increase

RCR cud be more of a hybrid category.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Strange but true that rental for suburban is offering better yield than prime. Suburban has much more demand.
    Could it be that the FTs budget now can only rent suburbs, so that's why there's a demand..

I think the rental pattern for those mid-low level FT(on local package) works like this...
    1) Can only afford $3k rental and try to rent in CCR first(or place of work)
    2) If cannot find suitable units(in terms of needs,rooms,size), then move out to RCR
    3) if still cannot find, then move to OCR..

So, possibly ...just speculating..that a lot of FT cannot find suitable accomodation at the rental they are looking at ..so moving outwards..

But once rental in CCR drops(if it does), the demand will shift back to the CCR...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Could it be that the FTs budget now can only rent suburbs, so that's why there's a demand..

I think the rental pattern for those mid-low level FT(on local package) works like this...
    2) If cannot find suitable units(in terms of needs,rooms,size), then move out to RCR

So, possibly ...just speculating..that a lot of FT cannot find suitable accomodation at the rental they are looking at ..so moving outwards..

But once rental in CCR drops(if it does), the demand will shift back to the CCR...
    U got ur point.

However, I believe residential rental prices had hit the bottom and signs/figures r showing tat rental is oredi on the upward trend.

U r right that majority of the expats will prefer CCR, followed by RCR den OCR if they work in the CBD. As the rental package improves in the near future which i believe so, many expats will be moving inwards again and thus pushing up the rental in CCR.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Always like that one mah.
    Try CCR first -> (if cannot afford) Reduce unit size expectation to smallest possible but still consider CCR first -> (if still cannot afford) Try RCR -> Try OCR.
    Who wants to stay in suburbs and drive a long way to town to work and still have to endure the tiring and long start-stop jammed up traffics if they can live in town and just a short distance (and short travelling time) to work?

Quote Originally Posted by focus

is it true that rents are on the rise in CCR? i don't seem to feel it.

That's why prime will still be tops for investment.. just that it requires lotsa conviction with that kind of pricetag.. Jlrx's chant... "Property price will go up in the long term.. Property should be bought, not sold"... X 3...
    *noticed balls bigger*... keke..