Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OPNION ON INVESTMENT STRATEGY

I think buying property at Geylang is only appropriate for Propertism followers, who intend to hold for many X years. I wonder if jlrx has any property at Geylang..?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dun like to associate with geylang...dun touch there lor

if tink got potential...just hoot lor...its ur $, ur decision, ur call

but one thing vy bad happening in geylang...MM projects sprouting out in geylang...9 enbloc sites...oredi launched 3 MM projects...another 6 to go plus one newcomer ppl mansion just got enbloc...99% MM also

MM+geylang==?
    I think most of your miss the point ... Geylang PLUS MM units --> ?? get it ?

It is quite appropriate considering the outcome. If u are in the trade, renting a smallish apt is the correct strategy. Currently most people in that trade rent bigger units and share with others. Going forward, they need not do that anymore ...

And someone ask what is the profile of people staying in MM units ? Mickey Mouse la !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I think most of your miss the point ... Geylang PLUS MM units --> ?? get it ?

It is quite appropriate considering the outcome. If u are in the trade, renting a smallish apt is the correct strategy. Currently most people in that trade rent bigger units and share with others. Going forward, they need not do that anymore ...

And someone ask what is the profile of people staying in MM units ? Mickey Mouse la !!!
    u mean gona haf some higher class geylang chicks in future who can afford to rent 1.5-2k for a MM unit?

now one 3bedder rental only 2.5k at most over there...and 3 chicks share share only 800pax

very true...imagine ur frens asking u whr u stay...den u err ar...can say stay nr to dakota mrt or mountbatten mrt!
    Location very important hor
    Now I know why rich people or psuedo-rich die die want to buy bukit timah, river valley, grange road etc..

Taxi driver or colleague ask wher you stay, I stay in Bukit Timah/River Valley. Immediately, the association is you are rich and stay in Condo.. even if you are staying very far up in upper bukit timah.. they still think it's rich area.

Below is conversation with my fengshui master assistant..
    Me : I want Master X to audit my house
    FSM Assistant : Where you stay?
    Me : Dakota Crescent
    FSM : Where ah?
    Me : Near National Stadium , opposite goodman road
    Me : (Give Up) Old Airport Road near Dakota MRT
    FSM : Oh! I know. Is it HDB?
    Me : *pull long face* No, it's a new condo.
    blah blah blah..

See..the conversation would have been shortened considerably if it's river valley..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Now I know why rich people or psuedo-rich die die want to buy bukit timah, river valley, grange road etc..

Taxi driver or colleague ask wher you stay, I stay in Bukit Timah/River Valley. Immediately, the association is you are rich and stay in Condo.. even if you are staying very far up in upper bukit timah.. they still think it's rich area.

blah blah blah..

See..the conversation would have been shortened considerably if it's river valley..
    now u know why my friend die die dont want next to HDB...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    keke.. it's ok I find it alright being asked that question about hdb or condo (even when i go find ID).

Nothing much to "show" off to people coz I dont really need status in life.. I'm a nobody .. Maybe only rich people and professionals need status.

keke.. it's ok I find it alright being asked that question about hdb or condo (even when i go find ID).

Nothing much to "show" off to people coz I dont really need status in life.. I'm a nobody .. Maybe only rich people and professionals need status.
    me worse...vy often, agts ask me for namecards...den i say i jobless...bo namecard...their faces changed immed

mabe tats y meyer condos more ex den marine parade condos?

u say marine parade..they goto ask HDB or condo

just say din bring or say u r full time ppty investor?

me worse...vy often, agts ask me for namecards...den i say i jobless...bo namecard...their faces changed immed

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    just say din bring or say u r full time ppty investor?
    i honest boy leh

like to disturb agts

go find ID must say is HDB, blank off all references to project name hehe

same as me leh also jobless no namecard, maybe we shld go preview as a group & then States Times will report "mkt in bubble! even jobless people also turn up at condo launches!"

aiyoh, u guys very funny.... why bother about name cards? I go and see agents, I look like some dishevelled ah soh in $8 slippers and running after my kid, they din even bother asking for my name card! to them i look like some housewife who's just wasting their time. worse still, my address is some hdb flat...

they ask u for name cards, must have looked u guys very up liao.

I just give them my cheque

You can't eradicate prostitution I guess. If not, other crimes will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i think the stigma for geylang hard to remove. If there is enough MM projects sprouting up in all the lorongs, maybe people will start changing their opinions of the place. the only effective way to make the place livable is for the govt to just give the word and clean up the entire streets of geylang and make pimping and soliciting in that area punishable with lengthy prison sentences, otherwise the stench will continue to linger in that place. also imagine going to a gathering and everyone say they live in Queenstown, Tanglin, East Coast and you will just be the odd ball if you tell people you live along geylang lorong 28. the first thing that comes to people's mind is you are a pimp (if you are single) or a queer if you are married.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    aiyoh, u guys very funny.... why bother about name cards? I go and see agents, I look like some dishevelled ah soh in $8 slippers and running after my kid, they din even bother asking for my name card! to them i look like some housewife who's just wasting their time. worse still, my address is some hdb flat...

they ask u for name cards, must have looked u guys very up liao.
    i remember visiting one showflat in river valley...one ah pek wearing singlet and shorts booked one whole flr in front of my eyes

same as me leh also jobless no namecard, maybe we shld go preview as a group & then States Times will report "mkt in bubble! even jobless people also turn up at condo launches!"
    That sounds great! We go Reflections at Keppel on Monday

i remember visiting one showflat in river valley...one ah pek wearing singlet and shorts booked one whole flr in front of my eyes
    Power to the Ah Pek .. I want to be him one day...

I always tell people I stay in the west - and people will usually give me the "poor thing" look. Don't care if people see me lowly lor. I like to do that because it allows me to see the other person's character. If one only treats me well because I show him a swanky address, then he is not worth my friendship lor.

blah blah blah..

Geylang can evolve once the banks start lending...

cannot imagine the profile of ppl staying in those MM units

That sounds great! We go Reflections at Keppel on Monday
    on lah ~
    but Interlace better value i feel, devilplate wanna join us?

on lah ~
    i been to reflection twice oredi...scare the agts recognise me..ops

interlace....my 2 choice units taken leh!! still can rem tat unit number: #10-68 and 11-68 HUAT AR!

i been to reflection twice oredi...scare the agts recognise me..ops

interlace....my 2 choice units taken leh!! still can rem tat unit number: #10-68 and 11-68 HUAT AR!
    when was reflections first launched? do u remember wats the psf then?

deleted....

why deleted....

have to wait 60 seconds...

deleted....
    ok found it...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...268330/1/.html

launched Apr 2007, average $1,900 psf

tot u asking for interlace...lol...so deleted

anyw, reflection vy wide range of psf...from low to high...golf course to seaview...expect smthing like The Sail

i personally like the villas though...

i just went to a showflat in river valley, but its for Far East's Skyline @ Anguila. wanted to wear my usual bermudas and sandals but really felt paiseh, in the end went in leather shoes.

i like their white plan concept, although their smallest unit, 1+1, is 1744sq ft, its just their recommendation. up to buyer, want to chop up to 4 bedrooms also can. but out of budget lah, 1744sq ft at 4000psf. LOL.

on lah ~
    Haha.. august.. Cannot make it on monday..
    Think Tuesday ok .. I confirm with u again ..
    Anyway.. you always free right ..keke..

wah, u guys checking out Reflections ah???

Why not Sentosa Cove then (if Reflections is under your consideration/budget)? Just saw a "fire sale" Oceanfront unit on property guru askg for $1788psf. Still a tad cheaper than the launch price of $1900 for Reflections.... anyway, both are 99yr leasehold right?

Bargain Hunter: 1744sqft at $4kpsf????!!! Wah, how are the sales like? Swatting mozzies or brimming with towkays?