Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Esta Vs. One Amber

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Without any vested interest in either, I personally find that Esta looks like HDB while OA with a lot of glass facades looks more upclass
    You get a lot more heat into the apt with glazing unless they are low-e glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Well, ur not staying in, else u will hate all the glasses when come to cleaning and the dirty look in months time
    I dunno where you get this concept from.

Brick wall gets dirty easily after heavy rain, and paint will also crack under heat. You look at some of the 2 yrs old condo development, and you will know.

Glass, on the other hand, is easy to maintain, just spray water on it to wash away the dust. And the overall facade will always look new.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    You get a lot more heat into the apt with glazing unless they are low-e glass.
    Thats why you need to choose a unit with good layout and facing. It should have unblocked view facing in line with the wind direction and well ventilated allowing for wind to flow in and out. Typically, wind in Singapore comes from 2directions: NE (Year end and beginning) and SW (mid year).

This is good fengshui too!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Glass also can get dirty after rain, but worse still let more heat & noise come through. Even worse, glass transparent so dirts outside so obvious, whereas dirts outside wall nobody can see from within the house. Have you stayed in condo before? You think you can spray water onto the outside of your house? Free rain fall for residents below?

Which is worse - Paint crack or GLASS CRACK and the resident falling out of the glass wall?

I dunno where you get this concept from.

Brick wall gets dirty easily after heavy rain, and paint will also crack under heat. You look at some of the 2 yrs old condo development, and you will know.

Glass, on the other hand, is easy to maintain, just spray water on it to wash away the dust. And the overall facade will always look new.

Never heard in Feng shui that SW is good fengshui?
    Which pai of fengshui are you practising? Your own COLOUR pai?

Thats why you need to choose a unit with good layout and facing. It should have unblocked view facing in line with the wind direction and well ventilated allowing for wind to flow in and out. Typically, wind in Singapore comes from 2directions: NE (Year end and beginning) and SW (mid year).

This is good fengshui too!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Glass also can get dirty after rain, but worse still let more heat & noise come through. Even worse, glass transparent so dirts outside so obvious, whereas dirts outside wall nobody can see from within the house. Have you stayed in condo before? You think you can spray water onto the outside of your house? Free rain fall for residents below?

Which is worse - Paint crack or GLASS CRACK and the resident falling out of the glass wall?
    I agree with this because having stayed in a condo with a glass facade I realised the outside gets stained easily thanks to rain and dust - and you can't clean it. It gets cleaned perhaps twice a year, so you have to suck it up and live with it or cover it with blinds (else there will be greenhouse effect)

Thick cool concrete is my preference

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    I agree with this because having stayed in a condo with a glass facade I realised the outside gets stained easily thanks to rain and dust - and you can't clean it. It gets cleaned perhaps twice a year, so you have to suck it up and live with it or cover it with blinds (else there will be greenhouse effect)

I will prefer as much window as possible, if not the house is no different from a cave.

Cleaning of window can be outsourced to the maid.

Heat can be controlled by good grade window film, like the one from 3M.

That's why I will be buying One Amber.

but i still prefer glassy facade den all concrete
    u see the arte...concrete walls so much...nice meh?

stay HDB lor..lots of concrete...mostly no baywindow somemore...keep out the sunlight

go buy cassia view...lots of concrete...hahaha

Are you implying esta = HDB? You will get flamed from many people here

did i imply tat...no lor

esta dun look like HDB la...got more glass leh

esta=OA...and no point comparing

for me, The Seaview anytime!

Silversea is slightly nicer than Seaview..

But esta is the best condo in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by weez911
    I will prefer as much window as possible, if not the house is no different from a cave.

Cleaning of window can be outsourced to the maid.

Heat can be controlled by good grade window film, like the one from 3M.

That's why I will be buying One Amber.
    I'm not talking about windows here - and as for outsourcing to a maid - there are places way out of reach on the outside which can't be cleaned. My point is that there should be a balance and not too much glass - still you are already vested in OA so I rest my case.

Silversea is slightly nicer than Seaview..

But esta is the best condo in singapore.
    I believe Silversea to be the best in terms of design and functionality.

However with 1700psf and being positioned as a premium development we won't be comparing apple to apple.

but i drive past tat area, i feels OA facade stands out from the rest including the seaview...u see MBR, the Sail..all full glass facade and price keep increasing and they r one of the most exp 99LH ppty in SG

not sure about silversea, we shall comment when it TOP

I believe Silversea to be the best in terms of design and functionality.

However with 1700psf and being positioned as a premium development we won't be comparing apple to apple.
    Aalto is selling at 2000+psf. Is Aalto a durian?

Esta is still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    but i drive past tat area, i feels OA facade stands out from the rest including the seaview...u see MBR, the Sail..all full glass facade and price keep increasing and they r one of the most exp 99LH ppty in SG

OA does not have as many glass facade as MRB, Sail, Seascape. It's a pity..

Hi Singers Property, I think you have got the best stack in OA. I'm looking that stack too because it has sea, city and katong view.

Too bad owners are all looking at 1350psf to 1400psf for very high floor.

that stack best west sun leh

Aalto is selling at 2000+psf. Is Aalto a durian?

Esta is still the best.
    You sound like you are an Esta owner (else a sarcastic OA owner)

To each his own I say. OA may stand out more due to glass but I was comparing in terms of living...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    that stack best west sun leh
    Esta got no sun, cos it is north-south facing, that's why half of the residents got "pool" view - units all facing each other.

Thanks, I will prefer the Sun if the view is not my neighbour.

Wah, based on your analogy Ardmore Park with so much concrete walls and so little glass (including the windows so small) should be dropping and worth only $1k psf! Some Ardmore Park owners please sell to me at $1k psf because your property too little glass and has value that can only drop!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Wah, based on your analogy Ardmore Park with so much concrete walls and so little glass (including the windows so small) should be dropping and worth only $1k psf! Some Ardmore Park owners please sell to me at $1k psf because your property too little glass and has value that can only drop!
    Why people in this thread like to compare Esta to Ardmore Park ah?

Obviously Esta is better right?!?

Why people in this thread like to compare Esta to Ardmore Park ah?

Obviously Esta is better right?!?

aiya...u all very hard to please...the arte looks like concrete block...ppl complain ugly...glass more mordern..u all say trap heat and hard to maintain

its like NS facing some say dark and things get mouldy

too windy , some say dusty

no wind, some say HOT

facing sea, some say utensils corrodes

HAIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

hahahahaha

My India lawyer neighbour at The Seaview, as tenancy expiring soon, went to see Esta, OA. And decided to stay put for the resort living in The Seaveiw and its practical layout and most important, speacious where Esta and OA is nowhere near to it.

When these 3 projects were in the market in 2006, OA was the slowest moving. (The Seaview launched first). Reason being, unit layout, orientation. It is only when Esta all cleared, then OA started to move.

I think, this talk of OA or Esta shall come to close as all personal choice

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    My India lawyer neighbour at The Seaview, as tenancy expiring soon, went to see Esta, OA. And decided to stay put for the resort living in The Seaveiw and its practical layout and most important, speacious where Esta and OA is nowhere near to it.

When these 3 projects were in the market in 2006, OA was the slowest moving. (The Seaview launched first). Reason being, unit layout, orientation. It is only when Esta all cleared, then OA started to move.

I think, this talk of OA or Esta shall come to close as all personal choice
    yeah, the seaview sold out very fast...OA take many mths to sell out

u r right

Glass crack? Wat a joker!

Maybe your cage is using 5mm thick glass, thats y you managed to escape!

Wait till u move to a new building with lots of concrete, only 2 years old but look like 10 yrs old because of paint weathering especially on white painted concrete. What is more expensive to maintain and upkeep? Cleaning glass or repainting the concrete walls?

Too much concrete wouldn't resemble jail cell meh?

Wait till u move to a new building with lots of concrete, only 2 years old but look like 10 yrs old because of paint weathering especially on white painted concrete. What is more expensive to maintain and upkeep? Cleaning glass or repainting the concrete walls?

Too much concrete wouldn't resemble jail cell meh?
    It's easy for concrete to look after painted - and repainting is usually 5 years.

Glass, once stained (yes, after some time they do stain internally, especially if they are think) is hard to restore.

True it is cheaper alternative to have glass, hence more condos have that nowadays. But they will contribute to greenhouse effect whether you like it or not.

Guess at end of day it's a matter of preference - I'll rather live more comfortably but suffer a less aesthetic facade as opposed to the converse.