Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Construction woes are only temporary... once the station is completed, the convenience is permanent.

It may be quite a long walk if residents of Bayshore area access Upper East Coast Rd via Bayshore Rd

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i'm fine with not having an MRT station right at my door step, after seeing all the noise and construction activities with the DTL

Ideal is rent it out just before the ground is dug to the unsuspecting tenant and then take back when they realine the road. Training testing etc will take another 6-9 months but no more dust.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Construction woes are only temporary... once the station is completed, the convenience is permanent.

It may be quite a long walk if residents of Bayshore area access Upper East Coast Rd via Bayshore Rd

Originally Posted by y2koh
    Here's my quick digesting of the information and summary
    1. ERL will have 10 stations, the last station E10 will be an interchange station.
    2. DTL3 will be extended by 2.2km to interchange at E10.
    3. There may a TMMP (feasibility study will be made)
    4. Changi Depot (CHD) will be rebuilt to house stabling area for DTL, ERL and EWL on the basement, ground and deck level respectively. There will be bus depot on the ground level of CHD too.
    5. Possibly Tuas Depot will help handle the shortfall in stabling capacity when CHD is undergoing redevelopment.
    6. There will be a ERLe in the future when the need arises, most likely to future terminals for Changi Airport and possibly North Coast Line.
    ==================================
    If DTL3 is extended to join with ERL ... the gap btn D15/D16/D18 will narrow further??
    Ride at your own risk !!!

contract:

BEDOK SOUTH yes...

Originally Posted by y2koh
    Here's my quick digesting of the information and summary
    1. ERL will have 10 stations, the last station E10 will be an interchange station.
    2. DTL3 will be extended by 2.2km to interchange at E10.
    3. There may a TMMP (feasibility study will be made)
    4. Changi Depot (CHD) will be rebuilt to house stabling area for DTL, ERL and EWL on the basement, ground and deck level respectively. There will be bus depot on the ground level of CHD too.
    5. Possibly Tuas Depot will help handle the shortfall in stabling capacity when CHD is undergoing redevelopment.
    6. There will be a ERLe in the future when the need arises, most likely to future terminals for Changi Airport and possibly North Coast Line.
    ==================================
    If DTL3 is extended to join with ERL ... the gap btn D15/D16/D18 will narrow further??[/QUOTE]

What is TMMP?? All these acronyms

Getting interesting. Another possible line layout from skyscrapercity

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...277217&page=18

Another view from skyscrapercity.

ER8 Bayshore may potentially be alot further away from Bayshore and Costa Del Sol. Closer to Casafina and the petrol station.

that's close enough for me. don't need the MRT right at the door step of CDS.

When will LTA announce this line?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    i think regardless of when they announce, given that TSL is gonna be completed in 2021. the maybe add a couple of years more? 2023-2024 as completion date? forget it liao. many things can happen in 12years.

Those LH properties will be running out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    i think regardless of when they announce, given that TSL is gonna be completed in 2021. the maybe add a couple of years more? 2023-2024 as completion date? forget it liao. many things can happen in 12years.

Those LH properties will be running out.
    Yeah maybe that's the strategy, let the older LH properties lease run further down, accquire maybe one or two (like pearl centre) where the line runs through, this will ease construction and so on.... After construction, they can resell the land at even higher costs since station and all underground.

Think should be quite soon.

ERL is supposed to be an extension of TSL starting from Gardens by the Bay station. Since they have already called for tender on ERL, my gut feel is that they will start construction of the TSL and ERL (ER10) from both ends and eventually meet at Gardens by the Bay. The last phase of ERL may coincide with the last phase of the TSL.

TSL is 22 stations vs ERL 10 stations so ERL could have the luxury of starting later.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Think should be quite soon.

ERL is supposed to be an extension of TSL starting from Gardens by the Bay station. Since they have already called for tender on ERL, my gut feel is that they will start construction of the TSL and ERL (ER10) from both ends and eventually meet at Gardens by the Bay. The last phase of ERL may coincide with the last phase of the TSL.

TSL is 22 stations vs ERL 10 stations so ERL could have the luxury of starting later.
    hmmm.. so wat you are saying is that by 2021, we could have both the TSL and ERL fully operational? With the intended population growth and the current overcrowding situation, it probably makes sense.

Read up on skyscrapercity forum and the tender doc also states that they are starting working form the Changi end for the ERL so you cld be rite.

Hope they announce soon....

akan datang......

DTL1, DTL2 and DTL3 are 2013,2015 and 2017

so even if ERL is open in one phase, it will be 2023, if 2 phases 2025

ERL .... wait long long la. Almost no land left liao. Don't think will have much new launch in D15.16.17.18

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    DTL1, DTL2 and DTL3 are 2013,2015 and 2017

so even if ERL is open in one phase, it will be 2023, if 2 phases 2025

I think you have to remove the mindset that TSL and ERL are two separate lines. Its meant to be one big contiguous line and the trains will just transition seamlessly as if it is one big line of 32 stations. In much the same way that the stage 1 & 2 of the DTL is being constructed simultaneously now, the TSL and ERL will be closely intertwined. Being a much shorter track with less stations, the construction of ERL could start later and still be on track to coincide with the TSL. There is no dependency that TSL must be completed first before the ERL can start.
    Last edited by proper-t; 30-08-12 at 12:47.

i think ERL will only start construction nearby when TSL phase 1 is completed at 2019, let say 5 years to build finish, so ERL done at 2024? 12 years down the road...

I think it was mentioned before somewhere that ERL will be a 2 year lag behind TSL.

Quote Originally Posted by ixxx
    i think ERL will only start construction nearby when TSL phase 1 is completed at 2019, let say 5 years to build finish, so ERL done at 2024? 12 years down the road...

I think it was mentioned before somewhere that ERL will be a 2 year lag behind TSL.
    then that will be much better, hope so

I think it is more to manage the logistical and manpower requirements. It is planned to be overlapped... but of course this may be changed... LTA has already indicated that the ERL is facing some challenges... so... you may be right about the 5year lag afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by ixxx
    then that will be much better, hope so

I would think that the resource used for dtl3 would be used for erl. So it means construction will only start in 2017. Likewise the dtl1 is almost complete and they can start on the northern sector of the tsl.

possible UPPER EAST COAST Station location at the reserve site...in YELLOW

http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=SIN

then the announcement should be 2 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    There is a shortage of resources lately esp workers with so much BTO n infrastructure projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    There is a shortage of resources lately esp workers with so much BTO n infrastructure projects.
    everything build at the same time will result in a severe overcapacity when all the projects are over.

time to...

everything build at the same time will result in a severe overcapacity when all the projects are over.
    if singles are allowed to buy BTOs, you can be sure that there will definitely be an UNDER-supply and prices shoot through the roof