Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: FLAMINGO VALLEY, FH

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    A land auction at Chai Wan bombed yesterday but the result probably said more about the neighbourhood than the state of the property market.
    The site surrounded by tombstone workshops and six cemeteries - rather than picturesque sea or mountain view - was withdrawn by the government after it received no bids. According to traditional Chinese beliefs, living next door to a cemetery is bad luck.

SCMP - HK 30 Sept

but i also heard that ancient chinese chose 'good ground' for cemetery .. so that it will continue to bring 'goodness' to future generations ..

hence cemeteries are also believed to be good location ..
    example : Bishan, Greenleaf( old holland rd) , Lornie rd

Did you see RI is just next to a establihsed temple and not far from the cementry? Watch our the cementry site in front of upper serangoon road. There will be large development there in the next 5 - 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    but i also heard that ancient chinese chose 'good ground' for cemetery .. so that it will continue to bring 'goodness' to future generations ..

Don't think those GCB owners at Bukit Brown will agree to this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    A land auction at Chai Wan bombed yesterday but the result probably said more about the neighbourhood than the state of the property market.
    The site surrounded by tombstone workshops and six cemeteries - rather than picturesque sea or mountain view - was withdrawn by the government after it received no bids. According to traditional Chinese beliefs, living next door to a cemetery is bad luck.

SCMP - HK 30 Sept
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Fengshui can say whatever it wants - it's superstition. But most importantly, is whether you feel comfortable living near to cemetary with the "yin" energy. It's one's own comfort level that is important. For every person who likes to live beside a cemetary because of good "fengshui", another 10 would prefer to live in other areas. And there're different schools of fengshui - i doubt all will say living beside a cemetary is "good".

But most importantly, it's how an individual feels about surrounded by cemetary and dead people.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Cemeteries are "Yin Zhai". Houses are "Yang Zhai". Their fengshui have similarities as well as differences. Good "Yin Zhai" fengshui is bad for "Yang Zhai" (and vice versa). How can cemeteries fengshui (meant for the dead) be good for living human to live?
    Your "9 Star Sect" fengshui doesn't teach you this?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Regardless of whether people believe or not, Fengshui is always there (just a matter of whether people can interpret them properly or not). It is just like "fate". Regardless of whether people believe or not, some people are borned with a golden spoon and have to do nothing much all their life and still lead a good life while some tried to slough all their life but end up achieving very little despite the huge efforts put into. This is just "fate".

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Fengshui can say whatever it wants - it's superstition. But most importantly, is whether you feel comfortable living near to cemetary with the "yin" energy. It's one's own comfort level that is important. For every person who likes to live beside a cemetary because of good "fengshui", another 10 would prefer to live in other areas. And there're different schools of fengshui - i doubt all will say living beside a cemetary is "good".

But most importantly, it's how an individual feels about surrounded by cemetary and dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Cemeteries are "Yin Zhai". Houses are "Yang Zhai". Their fengshui have similarities as well as differences. Good "Yin Zhai" fengshui is bad for "Yang Zhai" (and vice versa). How can cemeteries fengshui (meant for the dead) be good for living human to live?
    Your "9 Star Sect" fengshui doesn't teach you this?

i am just reiterating what i hear from old folks ...

Believe in urself!

FSM all craps!

And former cemeteries on our popular Shopping Belt.

i also receive the stupid invitation as a priority banking customer of stanchart. i told them that the project was launched a long time back so how could they consider this invite as exclusive. all the good units probably taken up and the price will definitely not be cheap. It is an exclusive invitation to cut carrot head imo.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Now they are trying to team up with SCB. I will be visiting on Oct 15 evening. (Why they invite us in the evening?) A few questions:

1. Will the cementry be moved? Bishan used to be cementry, but people from other countries didn't know that, and just pushed the price up. Now most people have forgotten Bishan as cementry.

2. Will future, future MRT be close to it? I thought there is line to East Coast. Will the project anywhere near the line?

3. What should be a bargin price? S$1000 psf? My friend got his unit at S$900+ in the "old" days.

It is the bank's mortage unit orgnized this. So banks are also feeling the cold now.

I will also be interested to see who is still viewing units in this kind of market. I hope I won't be the few of them. Very painful for high presure selling.

Thanks,
    Richard

now priority banking is very common la, many uncles & aunties also got.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i also receive the stupid invitation as a priority banking customer of stanchart. i told them that the project was launched a long time back so how could they consider this invite as exclusive. all the good units probably taken up and the price will definitely not be cheap. It is an exclusive invitation to cut carrot head imo.

maybe the Exclusivity is the Dinner that they are providing ...

if u like the quietness ... and if you drive ..then its not a bad location ..

but i agree with you .. "left over " cant be exclusive ..

haha, maybe those RM like to sell leftover product

good thing sure offered to Private banking customers first

maybe the Exclusivity is the Dinner that they are providing ...

if u like the quietness ... and if you drive ..then its not a bad location ..

but i agree with you .. "left over " cant be exclusive ..

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    haha, maybe those RM like to sell leftover product

good thing sure offered to Private banking customers first
    Are you sure Private banking customers get first bite of the cherry?
    Thought exclusive previews at soft-launches are usually the developers associates, relatives and friends and VIPs (those really the first bite type)..

I never bite any cherry before leh..

Don't think the project is doing well.. I am sure there's many choice units

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Are you sure Private banking customers get first bite of the cherry?
    Thought exclusive previews at soft-launches are usually the developers associates, relatives and friends and VIPs (those really the first bite type)..

I never bite any cherry before leh..
    This is not private banking - is SCB's latest promo - priority banking. To qualify, either 50k investment in bank, or 72k income per year, or a mortgage over 200k with them. Hence many uncles and aunties proudly announce they are 'private banking customers' cos priority a bit harder to pronounce

the RM even go to the extent of delivering mooncake to doorstep personally. was also invited to their private luncheon cum seminar, the whole bloody time promoting their lousy funds, i was concentrating more on the food on my plate.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    This is not private banking - is SCB's latest promo - priority banking. To qualify, either 50k investment in bank, or 72k income per year, or a mortgage over 200k with them. Hence many uncles and aunties proudly announce they are 'private banking customers' cos priority a bit harder to pronounce

the RM even go to the extent of delivering mooncake to doorstep personally. was also invited to their private luncheon cum seminar, the whole bloody time promoting their lousy funds, i was concentrating more on the food on my plate.
    Wow is this for priority banking? Then I must apply also liao

talking about mooncake ... i missed it man ..and the bak kwa ..

i remember those days in spore
    come mooncake fest .. i got like 10-12 boxes + 10-12 packs of bak kwa ..

could never finish ..always gave to relatives and friends

a few times, i see cabs stop outside my gate, a pretty young chick in some hotel uniform got off and personally deliever the mooncake, fresh from the oven ..
    impressed siah ?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

u refering to preferred banking rite?

quite easy to get priority status....1mil mortgage DEBT qualify liao...haha

Default http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12

Progress On Site For Flamingo Valley As At End October 2010

S/N Items Progress Status
    1 Foundation Work In Progress
    2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Nil
    3 Brick Walls Nil
    4 Ceilings Nil
    5 Door and Window Frames Nil
    6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains Nil
    7 TOP issued Nil

Now offering $15k discount...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...lamingo-valley

I guess early next year they will give more discount.

Only 4 units sold in Nov according to URA records.

I was there to view the showroom,....... Then realized the "matured garden" was a cemetery, just beside the development. So buyers beware ya

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    I was there to view the showroom,....... Then realized the "matured garden" was a cemetery, just beside the development. So buyers beware ya
    It's telling u it's a matured estate, dat U will NEVER be alone....

pass by the matured gdn wed... saw a lot of cars .. crowded.. small stream of cars waiting to go in ! Anyone knows wat happening ?? bigger discount ?

anyone know how is the sales doing and have the prices gone down?

Prices have not come down but they are absorbing stamp duty.

anyone got latest pricelist?

Just came back from the showroom, as usual, I am the only customer. Price remains the same but they released a few "starbuy" units plus free stamp duty.

Some 2 bedroom starbuy units:

#03-23 786sqft $1047738 (dual key)
    #03-15 840sqft $1106280
    #03-80 829sqft $1050343
    #03-14 840sqft $1106280

Do u think it is a good buy?