Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: FLAMINGO VALLEY, FH

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    will there be a likelihood of flooding for these underground units?
    That is a very good question. Hopefully, the water accumulated at FV will flow down to the lower Siglap V area and into the sea.

What happen during high tide???? Maybe some experts could fill in here.

Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    That is a very good question. Hopefully, the water accumulated at FV will flow down to the lower Siglap V area and into the sea.

What happen during high tide???? Maybe some experts could fill in here.

oh dear, it looks like a deadly combo - cemetary & floods = floating tombstones and remains?!

Quote Originally Posted by boom
    Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?
    I like 61 - i think it has no interconnecting walls with other units right? Think you need to drive to Opera Estate and take a walk to see how comfortable you are with the distance between 61 and the backyards of the houses there. Also, 61 is set far into the development, which means a very long walk to come out. If you drive, that's OK, but if you need to take the bus.... #02-61 still available as of last week.

Of the cheaper 3 bd, stacks 2 & 9 are also available - but they both face Siglap Road.

Other 3bd, #1-12, #1-18, #2-18, #4-54, #1-04, #2-03, #1-30, #4-30.

That's all I know. And this information is probably a week out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    oh dear, it looks like a deadly combo - cemetary & floods = floating tombstones and remains?!
    ROTFL!!! OMG!! What a sight to behold!

Thanks Sleepyhead for the update... You seem to be knowledgeable about the units there, are you thinking of buying one? It seems like Radha08 is the only one who have bought an unit there. Anyway, l dont foresee flooding...

Quote Originally Posted by boom
    Thanks Sleepyhead for the update... You seem to be knowledgeable about the units there, are you thinking of buying one? It seems like Radha08 is the only one who have bought an unit there. Anyway, l dont foresee flooding...
    Yeah, pretty sure there will be no flooding.

Yes, I am very interested in FV, and seriously considering buying. Just trying to pool my resources together to see if I can afford! Meanwhile, I'm analysing and reanalying each of the units, and continuing my daydreaming. I can give you a rundown on each of the 3bd I mentioned if you are interested!

Quote Originally Posted by pengful
    They are still having problems selling those units facing the Muslim cemetery. Furthermore, the 2 single lane road will be congested once people moves in. We like the place but these 2 factors sent us looking somewhere else.
    What is the white building standing between the constructions and cemetery ?
    Is it part of the FV ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    Yeah, pretty sure there will be no flooding.

Yes, I am very interested in FV, and seriously considering buying. Just trying to pool my resources together to see if I can afford! Meanwhile, I'm analysing and reanalying each of the units, and continuing my daydreaming. I can give you a rundown on each of the 3bd I mentioned if you are interested!
    I think it can be quite tiring to walk in the FV compound with all the steps and slope.

Sleepyhead, interested to hear your views on the 3bdr available. I think at the current price of the units, it will be kind of a stretch to get a std 3bdr there, so I am still considering whether to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Sleepyhead, interested to hear your views on the 3bdr available. I think at the current price of the units, it will be kind of a stretch to get a std 3bdr there, so I am still considering whether to take the plunge.
    Sure! Only too happy to share, but you will have to wait until later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Agents are telling me that the Siglap MRT Station will most likely be built at the HDB blocks down the road. Any truth in that?

Sure! Only too happy to share, but you will have to wait until later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Agents are telling me that the Siglap MRT Station will most likely be built at the HDB blocks down the road. Any truth in that?
    My guess is yes but not sure will it be announced any time soon w this red hot mkt condition, the last thing to do is to drive it up further.

Why buy a property in a location where the MRT has not even been announced and even if announced, it will take 10 yrs for it to be operational? Might as well buy a property where it's near an operational MRT already.

And this project is near the cemetry, if you are cautious about fengshui, do avoid it! Even if you don't, other potential buyers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Why buy a property in a location where the MRT has not even been announced and even if announced, it will take 10 yrs for it to be operational? Might as well buy a property where it's near an operational MRT already.

And this project is near the cemetry, if you are cautious about fengshui, do avoid it! Even if you don't, other potential buyers do.
    Absolutely!

What's more, it is compact, cramp, and build within a valley with most units mostly six-foot "underground". I just could not see any good in the development as hard as I try.
    Last edited by Leeds; 02-05-12 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    What is the white building standing between the constructions and cemetery ?
    Is it part of the FV ?
    I think you are referring to block 468 of the development? That is where the sales gallery and showroom are located at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    OK here goes.... Remember, all information quoted here are about a week old. Prices quoted are after the 7% discount, and the stamp duty rebate. Any further extras you get from the agents will not be reflected in the pricing here, and if you do get extras, please let me know how!

#1-18: 1593 sqft, $1,764,495; $1,108psf
    Ground floor unit with massive PES. Internal space is also the 'ideal' 3bed layout with the 6-panel-wide windows. Good thing is you get a nice view of the sky bridge & waterfall feature below. Also one of the lowest 3bed psf... so mighty good value. Bad thing is, you are quite close to the opposite neighbour in Stack 54. You can probably look right into their living / bed rooms, and vice versa.

#2-18; 1281 sqft, $1,605,725; $1,254psf
    Same points as #1-18 above, except that it's on level 2, so better view, but less PES area. Psf seems quite a lot higher too, for the same stack.

#1-12: 1389 sqft, $1,672,481; $1,204psf
    although ground floor, it's the higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Not overlooked. This has the best type of 3 bed layout with a 6-panel-wide PES. You will get a good view of the sky bridge and potentially the waterfall feature beneath.

#1-04: 1389sqft, $1,656,243, $1,193psf
    #2-03: 1389sqft

Both are of the larger 'ideal' layout. Higher stack. Not overlooked. Decent psf. Good for those who can afford the quantum.

#4-54: 1195 sqft, $1,532,655; $1,283psf
    This is the only unit left in Stack 54. I personally think this may be a less desirable option, given that it's one of the smallest of the midsized-3bd, highest psf, and nothing much to offer, other than waterfall feature view (don't forget the noise too!) Also overlooked by neighbour opposite in Stack 18.

#1-30: 1206 sqft, $1,525,439; $1,265psf
    #4-30; 1206 sqft, $1,565,131; $1,298psf

Level 1 of this stack is right at par with the sky bridge. People walking along that bridge can see right into your unit. Good for exhibitionists! You will get a nice view of the waterfall & bridge.
    Level 4 of this stack can have skybridge & waterfall view, without being overlooked by the pedestrians. Potentially may get nice city skyline view. This balcony is not sheltered so bear that in mind.
    Stack 30 is facing directly west. Beware of evening sun.
    Psf for this stack is also on the high side, but it depends on whether you like waterfall view, and whether you like the setting sun. The westerners like that don't they?

#1-37: 12-6 sqft, $1,514,681; $1,256 psf
    Built on higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Faces directly East, so morning sun. Faces tennis court and Park East Condo. Quite a good unit I think. Decent psf, high stack, not overlooked.

#02-67: 1206 sqft, $1,515,515, $1,256psf
    #04-67: 1206 sqft, $1,573,250, $1,305psf
    #03-61: 1206 sqft, $1,522,732, $1,263psf
    #04-61: 1206 sqft, $1,537,166, $1,275psf

All of the above are in Block 478, facing the landed houses in Opera Estate. You will need to judge for yourself if it's too close to other people's backyards. Value wise, stack 61 seems better priced.

#1-09 & #1-02: 1152 sqft, $1,411,774; $1,225psf
    These are by quantum one of the cheapest midsized-3bd. Not by psf though. Both face Siglap Road. #1-02 is next to the substation and bin area.

bro sleepy HEAD i RESPECT you...VERY VERY comprehensive report..

l take my hat off you, sleepyhead. You must have done lots of research. l wonder how is the resale value of this unit come 5, 10 years if l see it as an investment... Radha08, so you have bought #01-61?

Why dun we organize a group purchase then?

Is it possible to get 1.3 mil mid-size 3 bedder there?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Have you already bought one?

Unlikely u can get one at $1.3M. Mostly at ard $1.5M for a normal sized 3 bedder. Unless u go for compact 3 bedder, ie 990sq ft at ard S$1.1M. When it was first launch ard 2010, thought tat price was steep so held back and recently went back....prices proabably went up abit or remained thereabt...so decided not to wait any further and finally brought a 3-bedder.

The site is sloping downwards toward the landed behind Blk 478. So those nearer Siglap Rd is sitting on higher ground, not basement as some has pointed out. Personally, don't think the site is cramped, almost 330,000sq ft2 with less than 400 units. Very few such large site in recent launches.

This is my own personal opinion....unlikely prices will correct much despite many pple saying so. For those still considering, look ard and u will realise tat at ard $1,200ft2 for a FH, reasonable size, above avg finishes, full facilities, etc, not many development can offer these despite the fact that there are no amenities near FV and it's next to a cemetary. With a nos. of 99 oredi fetching $1,200 and beyond....don't think it is ex despite many negatives views abt FV. Perhaps when it finally TOP, its true potential will be realised...just my 1 cents view.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Ya, I share the same thoughts! Ok, need to ask which is your first choice? I can cfm 02-18 is out, agent text me.

Quote Originally Posted by liverman
    Unlikely u can get one at $1.3M. Mostly at ard $1.5M for a normal sized 3 bedder. Unless u go for compact 3 bedder, ie 990sq ft at ard S$1.1M. When it was first launch ard 2010, thought tat price was steep so held back and recently went back....prices proabably went up abit or remained thereabt...so decided not to wait any further and finally brought a 3-bedder.

The site is sloping downwards toward the landed behind Blk 478. So those nearer Siglap Rd is sitting on higher ground, not basement as some has pointed out. Personally, don't think the site is cramped, almost 330,000sq ft2 with less than 400 units. Very few such large site in recent launches.

This is my own personal opinion....unlikely prices will correct much despite many pple saying so. For those still considering, look ard and u will realise tat at ard $1,200ft2 for a FH, reasonable size, above avg finishes, full facilities, etc, not many development can offer these despite the fact that there are no amenities near FV and it's next to a cemetary. With a nos. of 99 oredi fetching $1,200 and beyond....don't think it is ex despite many negatives views abt FV. Perhaps when it finally TOP, its true potential will be realised...just my 1 cents view.
    I share the same thoughts w the value for the proj if you don't mind the traffic and cemetery cos I was eyeing archipelago and that is about 1100psf already, so for me, I wouldn't really think that is good value. However, the quantum of >1.5mil is quite a stretch, so still thinking.

bro, which unit u got? Care to share?

OK here goes.... Remember, all information quoted here are about a week old. Prices quoted are after the 7% discount, and the stamp duty rebate. Any further extras you get from the agents will not be reflected in the pricing here, and if you do get extras, please let me know how!

#1-18: 1593 sqft, $1,764,495; $1,108psf
    Ground floor unit with massive PES. Internal space is also the 'ideal' 3bed layout with the 6-panel-wide windows. Good thing is you get a nice view of the sky bridge & waterfall feature below. Also one of the lowest 3bed psf... so mighty good value. Bad thing is, you are quite close to the opposite neighbour in Stack 54. You can probably look right into their living / bed rooms, and vice versa.

#2-18; 1281 sqft, $1,605,725; $1,254psf
    Same points as #1-18 above, except that it's on level 2, so better view, but less PES area. Psf seems quite a lot higher too, for the same stack.

#1-12: 1389 sqft, $1,672,481; $1,204psf
    although ground floor, it's the higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Not overlooked. This has the best type of 3 bed layout with a 6-panel-wide PES. You will get a good view of the sky bridge and potentially the waterfall feature beneath.

#1-04: 1389sqft, $1,656,243, $1,193psf
    #2-03: 1389sqft

Both are of the larger 'ideal' layout. Higher stack. Not overlooked. Decent psf. Good for those who can afford the quantum.

#4-54: 1195 sqft, $1,532,655; $1,283psf
    This is the only unit left in Stack 54. I personally think this may be a less desirable option, given that it's one of the smallest of the midsized-3bd, highest psf, and nothing much to offer, other than waterfall feature view (don't forget the noise too!) Also overlooked by neighbour opposite in Stack 18.

#1-30: 1206 sqft, $1,525,439; $1,265psf
    #4-30; 1206 sqft, $1,565,131; $1,298psf

Level 1 of this stack is right at par with the sky bridge. People walking along that bridge can see right into your unit. Good for exhibitionists! You will get a nice view of the waterfall & bridge.
    Level 4 of this stack can have skybridge & waterfall view, without being overlooked by the pedestrians. Potentially may get nice city skyline view. This balcony is not sheltered so bear that in mind.
    Stack 30 is facing directly west. Beware of evening sun.
    Psf for this stack is also on the high side, but it depends on whether you like waterfall view, and whether you like the setting sun. The westerners like that don't they?

#1-37: 12-6 sqft, $1,514,681; $1,256 psf
    Built on higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Faces directly East, so morning sun. Faces tennis court and Park East Condo. Quite a good unit I think. Decent psf, high stack, not overlooked.

#02-67: 1206 sqft, $1,515,515, $1,256psf
    #04-67: 1206 sqft, $1,573,250, $1,305psf
    #03-61: 1206 sqft, $1,522,732, $1,263psf
    #04-61: 1206 sqft, $1,537,166, $1,275psf

All of the above are in Block 478, facing the landed houses in Opera Estate. You will need to judge for yourself if it's too close to other people's backyards. Value wise, stack 61 seems better priced.

#1-09 & #1-02: 1152 sqft, $1,411,774; $1,225psf
    These are by quantum one of the cheapest midsized-3bd. Not by psf though. Both face Siglap Road. #1-02 is next to the substation and bin area.
    For stack 30 on first floor, other than what SH bro pointed out, agent did add that there will be glaring headlights shining through when the drop-off/pick-up passengers, so u might want to avoid that.

Stack 39...cos we prefer non-pool facing units...last i heard left 5th floor.
    In fact we were considering stack 03 as we like the layout but onli left first and second floor....and quantum another $100K+ more....so in the end decided on the normal 3 bedder after seeing that the actual distance btw the 2 blks is not that bad as compared to sme development.

True...1.5m is quite hefty but partly becos the of the size is still decent compared to recent lauches...getter smaller n smaller

I been to many launches b4 mass mkt prices chiong....and has missed several good opportunities...when prices were more sain.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....

When my wife says something like that ...it's time to sell into strength...regardless of the investment vehicle..

.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....[/quote]

Stack 39...cos we prefer non-pool facing units...last i heard left 5th floor.
    In fact we were considering stack 03 as we like the layout but onli left first and second floor....and quantum another $100K+ more....so in the end decided on the normal 3 bedder after seeing that the actual distance btw the 2 blks is not that bad as compared to sme development.

True...1.5m is quite hefty but partly becos the of the size is still decent compared to recent lauches...getter smaller n smaller

I been to many launches b4 mass mkt prices chiong....and has missed several good opportunities...when prices were more sain.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....
    bro, stack 39 is at blk 468? What's the quantum like? 1.25mil?

The size of other units are smaller but good thing is that they are starting to remove some BW. that's about the only think I don't like about FV compare to Archipelago which has a really decent layout for their 3bdr. I think that one is over-priced at $1100psf but it's still selling alright.

No lah....mostly ard $1.5m....even for my stack...back in 2010, it was also ard tis price....

My stock broker always tell me: "when housewives start to buy shares, it is time you get out; you may loose some but you will still win big when the time comes".

Looks like it is not a very good sign when wives start making such decision. I still wish my broker is wrong.

True. But the circumstances surrounding the past few years seems different.....largely due to low interest rate environment n lots of liquidity among S'poreans.

IMHO, look at it this way..80% bank loan....wat is the likelihood tat prices will nosedived by more than 20%, i.e. from ard $1,200 to <$1,000? Prices are unlikely to collapse suddenly unless smething really drastic happen...when the lehman crisis happens, prices came dwn but did not collapse.....

government also do not wan prices 2 collapses...as it will also affect the HDB mkt significantly....rem wat they wan is stability....if prices go up but at a moderate pace...they r ok and not too worried....onli introduce CM if things getting out of hand....like prices chioning 10-20% or more a year...
    Smetimes wait for prices 2 correct until neck also long....like wat i experience myself. as long we exercise some prudent and make sure we don overstretch n can tahan wen the going get tough...won die wan...