Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suites De Laurel @ Jalan Anak Bukit (D21, 999 years LH, Sustained Land Pte Ltd)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thats not a good sign

i remember in 08/09 some agents even agree on 0.75pct ..
    duno wat u mean...

my point is tat: a project can sell itself, developer will stinge on comm. vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    duno wat u mean...

my point is tat: a project can sell itself, developer will stinge on comm. vice versa
    oh sorry

i meant to say that any projects giving more than 1 pct comm ,,chances are not selling well

They thought every project is 76 Shenton and Treehouse ar?

agts aso call me say chq collection now ON and wed BALLOTING...

huttons involved mah, so they are used to saying that after 76 shenton and treehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    They thought every project is 76 Shenton and Treehouse ar?

Such forward property contracts/purchase are only popular in Asia. Singapore is one of the worst, where TOP can be 3-5 years later. Hong Kong has stricter pre-sale rules. Such forward property purchase usually encourages speculation as you don't have to make the full payment upfront. And i think generally Asians like to buy things "brand new" and follow trends (nowadays all the condo look the same and worst still, people use the same "designer" and every unit look the same with the baroque wall paper - people just like to follow trends) and don't care too much about character or heritage of old buildings.

in fact, i tink only asia countries like SG, china and HK whrby developers can sell so well just based on flr plans...haha

I just moved out of Gardenvista about 3 months ago and I lived in a unit facing Jalan Anak Bukit and the Bukit Timah Plaza for 3 years. Tenants really have to put up with a rather high, and persistent noise level, 24/7. Sometimes my wife would be in the kitchen (facing the flyover) and she could not hear the phone ring even when the kitchen door is open. Another issue is the amount of dust generated from the flyover. Besides the amount (if you don't wipe down your furnitures for 2 days they feel very dusty), they are darker in color. I think tenants of this project will face the exact same issues. The area is actually very convenient for non-drivers as there are bus stops in front of the Blossomvale and on Jalan Anak Bukit, a short walk to a wet market, NTUC Finest nearby, and a stone's throw away to Holland V. If one can put up with the noise and pollution, there are pros to this area.

so quiet this thread, received the following sms, who's going?:

VIP Preview:26/5 10am. Cheque cut off @12pm. VIP discount 3%, from $7xxk.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

dun tink i will be gg...knowing tat i probably spend less den 5min again...the moment i heard the pool only 20m...i siammmmmmmmmmmmmm

not just this thread ... PRIME district 9 10 11 thread totally dead ...other than dreamers asking about Spanish villa enbloc stuff ..

holiday comes early in May ..all of them gone holidaying somewhere ..... or is it ?

I always avoid those next to busy and major cross junctions. A flyover likely to appear if its not already there.
    The condos btwn Range Road and Jln Anak Bukit (all 3 by same developer) are badly affected by fly-over; similarly for the nice condos near the former Equatorial hotel and the whole stretch near Holland/Farrer road.
    The convienience however regarding amenities (and future MRT stn right at the door-step) is a spot on-just avoid the ones immediately next to the junction/flyover.

Quote Originally Posted by pjchorse
    I just moved out of Gardenvista about 3 months ago and I lived in a unit facing Jalan Anak Bukit and the Bukit Timah Plaza for 3 years. Tenants really have to put up with a rather high, and persistent noise level, 24/7. Sometimes my wife would be in the kitchen (facing the flyover) and she could not hear the phone ring even when the kitchen door is open. Another issue is the amount of dust generated from the flyover. Besides the amount (if you don't wipe down your furnitures for 2 days they feel very dusty), they are darker in color. I think tenants of this project will face the exact same issues. The area is actually very convenient for non-drivers as there are bus stops in front of the Blossomvale and on Jalan Anak Bukit, a short walk to a wet market, NTUC Finest nearby, and a stone's throw away to Holland V. If one can put up with the noise and pollution, there are pros to this area.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    I always avoid those next to busy and major cross junctions. A flyover likely to appear if its not already there.
    The condos btwn Range Road and Jln Anak Bukit (all 3 by same developer) are badly affected by fly-over; similarly for the nice condos near the former Equatorial hotel and the whole stretch near Holland/Farrer road.
    The convienience however regarding amenities (and future MRT stn right at the door-step) is a spot on-just avoid the ones immediately next to the junction/flyover.
    this project got some facing rifle range...its a matter of choosing the right units my fren.

but i am not keen too....20m pool...NO WAY

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Same for Dunern Road flyover (at intersection of Newton Road above Newton Circus). Very noisy even when standing on 2x floor in Newton One.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove

those seaview MBR units also super noisy

but if drop to 1.2mil..i dun mind the noise..

went to the showflat tis morning. Seemed like agents more than buyers, maybe most are buying thru the phone? Didn't stay for till the cut off time to see how many units taken up.

'VIP' price is abt 9% off listed price.

hee, thanks for update. hmm, 3% become 9% discount?

no need to stay wat, call the agent who attended to u just now, he would gladly update you already.

Quote Originally Posted by screwby
    went to the showflat tis morning. Seemed like agents more than buyers, maybe most are buying thru the phone? Didn't stay for till the cut off time to see how many units taken up.

'VIP' price is abt 9% off listed price.

Hi Everyone!

I bought a unit here last wk, still not sure if it's worth or not haha. Anyway, it's for own stay la, ppl tell me that's ok. Bot a unit that's furthest fm the main road, overlooking that landed properties, really close to the railway. If the KTM move to woodlands doesn't happen, I'm screwed i guess lol.

Anyway, I got it at just over 1300 psf. 1st day of preview, which was the day after the announcement KTM moving to woodlands. Timing so jun, dunno if they got some kind of info fm backdoor, so not sure if removal of railway already priced into the psf.

Anyway, i think developer took a bit of risk here. One side west sun and main road, the other side a roaring train a stone's throw away. If KTM never move, how to sell the units? Last heard the units behind "mostly" sold, according to the agent, but those facing west sun hardly moving.

Any thoughts?

Btw, the discounts explained to me is like this. At the preview, the VVIP discount was 18% off the list price. After a certain time, the discount goes down to 16%, only 2% different fm the VVIP preview.

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Hi Everyone!

I bought a unit here last wk, still not sure if it's worth or not haha. Anyway, it's for own stay la, ppl tell me that's ok. Bot a unit that's furthest fm the main road, overlooking that landed properties, really close to the railway. If the KTM move to woodlands doesn't happen, I'm screwed i guess lol.

Anyway, I got it at just over 1300 psf. 1st day of preview, which was the day after the announcement KTM moving to woodlands. Timing so jun, dunno if they got some kind of info fm backdoor, so not sure if removal of railway already priced into the psf.

Anyway, i think developer took a bit of risk here. One side west sun and main road, the other side a roaring train a stone's throw away. If KTM never move, how to sell the units? Last heard the units behind "mostly" sold, according to the agent, but those facing west sun hardly moving.

Any thoughts?
    Since you are already committed, tell you no good also no use right? From now on hear only the good stuff. Even if KTM doesnt move, you wont be screwed. From personal experience noise from railway track is exaggerated. Unlike the MRT lines, KTM trains run sparingly. At most 6-8 times a day. I used to live near railway track. The noise from the passing train is quite regular and soothing. Can lull you to sleep. The noise from an MRT train, on the hand, is quite irritating as there is this screeching sound it generates especially when carriage is pulling into or out of a station.

what size is your unit? if relatively small and still get at 1300psf i think its a good deal! vs cascadia. i think it is safe to assume the KTM will not run on that track when your property is completed so you do get an unblocked view of the landed properties facing east.

it is understandable that the other facing is screwed. 1300 still sounds good because before the preview pple were talking about 1600 or 1700psf (little did we know that is the totally undiscounted price and that VVIP price is 18% off). Timing of sale is perfect for the facing you bought, the west facing side should give a further discount then can move.

Hi Everyone!

Any thoughts?

Btw, the discounts explained to me is like this. At the preview, the VVIP discount was 18% off the list price. After a certain time, the discount goes down to 16%, only 2% different fm the VVIP preview.
    Hmmm....i'm not too sure if the VVIP discount was really 18% coz when I saw the price list, the discount calculated was only around 9%.

Unless there're further price reduction when you confirmed your purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by screwby
    Hmmm....i'm not too sure if the VVIP discount was really 18% coz when I saw the price list, the discount calculated was only around 9%.

Unless there're further price reduction when you confirmed your purchase?

I think he bought the penthouse unit.. most 1-3 bedders are of higher psf

@ lancelot: I'm a sucker for pain man, so I don't mind if someone's brutally honest with me haha. As for the train, my gf's place is much farther from from the tracks than the Suites, but it still made quite a racket to me whenever it goes by her place. But she says she's so used to it, she hardly notices anymore. But like u said, an MRT would be far worse.

@ bargain hunter: ah it's actually 1 of the "bigger" units, the 3rm 915sqft. Only 1 stack with 3 units of 3 rms, so you've got a 33% chance of guessing my address. Pls come by for drinks lol. I saw the Cascadia a few days ago, and thought it was quite ok as far as the units are concerned, fairly spacious. But at the price tag of over 1400psf, I'd expect more amenities like makan joints, supermarkets etc to be within walking dist. On a side note, Jardin's price is now a min of 1775psf for the apartments, altho there's a cash rebate almost equaling the stamp duty. Nuts.

@ screwby: No further discount fm the price originally quoted to me. I saw the price list as well, and if i remember correctly it did work out to be 18% discount. I also asked the agent twice about the discount on 2 different days and he told me the same thing. Of course, it could all be a sales tactic to reel me in hook line and sinker, but that's what I saw.

Which brings me to a qn. How genuine are these discounts? Are these discounts like those 365 day a year sale kind of thing? I mean it's up to the dev to come up with their own list prices, and then discount it to the price they actually want to sell it at.

3bedder 915sqft

isit comfy? hmm...mabe i shd go down take a look? 1300psf seems alright

3bedder 915sqft
    haha ya tell me abt it. It fit what i needed tho, which was 3 separate rms, and when I saw the 7xx sqft 2rm showrm, it didn't look as small as I thought it would. It's not exactly 1300psf, just above that actually.

haha ya tell me abt it. It fit what i needed tho, which was 3 separate rms, and when I saw the 7xx sqft 2rm showrm, it didn't look as small as I thought it would. It's not exactly 1300psf, just above that actually.
    without baywindows and planters and balconies? if so, 915sqft shd be alright...nowadays common bedrooms can only put a super single bed.

without baywindows and planters and balconies
    Unfortunately, guilty of all 3.

The balcony is pretty small, prob space enuf for 3 ppl to chill, and at least it faces the landed properties and further on, the park and nature reserve, rather than balconies that face the road, or facing neighbours like so many other places. So I'm ok with the balcony.

Bay windows, I'm neutral. I'd rather not have them, but i've seen very nice ways of doing them up in Flamingo and Cascadia, so I can live with it.

The planters...... sucks. Maybe I can grow some "medicinal" plants to smoke/sell.

once you move in you need to maintain it just like the showflat ..

no clutters ..

problem is ..once people move in they start to buy more and more things .. so 915 sqft will appear smaller and smaller as time goes by

915sq ft still compact for a 3 bedder so psf and quantum-wise its a good deal, 1.2m+ for 3 bedroom. Other than master, bedroom 2 can fit in a queen bed but only just! face the wardrobe. Bay windows are not excessive but these planters, can you walk out and access them by foot? (i have seen some projects where the planters are really just for plants and at window levels). Balcony is right size vs the unit's total size but as with recent trends, a/c ledge is huge.

Cascadia is indeed right sized too but the combination of the psf and larger unit size makes the quantum higher. The price tag is for the amenities within the compound lol and trying to ride on the fact that it located along Bukit Timah Road. on why that should be the case, like u said, can't walk to amenities and even the walk to future mrt is the furthest vs other developments nearby. Far East as usual is not keen to sell Jardin. I think its an ego thing. They think their gardens in the sky design is so special they will never lower the price.

@bargain hunter: ah it's actually 1 of the "bigger" units, the 3rm 915sqft. Only 1 stack with 3 units of 3 rms, so you've got a 33% chance of guessing my address. Pls come by for drinks lol. I saw the Cascadia a few days ago, and thought it was quite ok as far as the units are concerned, fairly spacious. But at the price tag of over 1400psf, I'd expect more amenities like makan joints, supermarkets etc to be within walking dist. On a side note, Jardin's price is now a min of 1775psf for the apartments, altho there's a cash rebate almost equaling the stamp duty. Nuts.

FEO is a hybrid follower of Propertism...

Bay windows are not excessive but these planters, can you walk out and access them by foot? (i have seen some projects where the planters are really just for plants and at window levels).
    Ah yes, in the master bed rm, there's a door (not window) leading to the planter which i believe is at least partially accessible by foot. what the agent actually said was that there was enough space there to hang out towels and the like. I didn't ask if I can walk thru the more narrow part of the planter.