Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: EUR/GBP seems more attractive an investment than pty during this time - Any views?

  1. #1
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default EUR/GBP seems more attractive an investment than pty during this time - Any views?

    Hey guys,

    I feel that with the current situation in Europe, it is a good time to get into European currencies, better compared to property imo. Euro has not taken such a beating in years and pound is at an all time low. I feel like european currencies now are at the equivalent of the 1400 mark that our sti once reached. What is ur take on this?

  2. #2
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    but what if it becomes their version of the asian currency crisis? sorry, i have never dabbled in currencies before so not in a position to comment.

    also, by starting this thread, think u'd better get ready for jlrx's preaching on paper currency being value losing instruments.


    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Hey guys,

    I feel that with the current situation in Europe, it is a good time to get into European currencies, better compared to property imo. Euro has not taken such a beating in years and pound is at an all time low. I feel like european currencies now are at the equivalent of the 1400 mark that our sti once reached. What is ur take on this?

  3. #3
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    currency speculation is very different from keeping money in the bank. i usually play currency short to mid term.

  4. #4
    Exalted

    User Info Menu

    Default

    FX is the fastest way to become a millionaire...but also the fastest way to become a bankruptcy

    To me it is very short term and most fx traders do intraday trading.

  5. #5
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    yes, that should be the way to make money, short term/intraday. however, if that's the case, then we can't compare it with property investment as that is (suppose to be) VERY long term. Regulators can quickly make money in forex and buy a property after that.

  6. #6
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    most intraday traders enter in the morning and offload at mid day. the trend is usually quite consistent if you study the intraday charts.

  7. #7
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    the greatest risk is to do margin trading and go in by the tens of millions when u only have a small fraction of that to gamble. i know of traders who made a lot and also become almost bankrupt becoz of that. i always believe the best is to invest within ur means. never bet on something you cant afford to pay up the losses

  8. #8
    OCR properties going to crash!

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Forex trading is like throwing a coin and seeing how accurate you can predict the head or tail turning out. Try for yourselves how many times you can predict the coin flipping outcome in 100 flips and you will know your chance of making money through short-term forex trading.
    (The same is true for gambling in Casino, but your odd is even worse).

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    the greatest risk is to do margin trading and go in by the tens of millions when u only have a small fraction of that to gamble. i know of traders who made a lot and also become almost bankrupt becoz of that. i always believe the best is to invest within ur means. never bet on something you cant afford to pay up the losses

  9. #9
    OCR properties going to crash!

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Let me make a prediction for next 2 years (please take with a pitch of salt):
    - European currencies depreciate against US$ and SG$.
    - US economy recovers, gaining advantage and benefiting from Europe woes as money flows back into US and US$.
    - Singapore properties stay strong and in uptrend as more money inflows as money fleet away from Europe due to their woes, benefiting SG$ and SG properties as well. (mind you, Europe make up almost 33% of world's wealth and just a 1% outflow into SG is already like ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Hey guys,

    I feel that with the current situation in Europe, it is a good time to get into European currencies, better compared to property imo. Euro has not taken such a beating in years and pound is at an all time low. I feel like european currencies now are at the equivalent of the 1400 mark that our sti once reached. What is ur take on this?

  10. #10
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    FX is the fastest way to become a millionaire...but also the fastest way to become a bankruptcy

    To me it is very short term and most fx traders do intraday trading.
    yup, FX is probably the most volatile thing around, if remember correctly, recently a local tycoon oso kana burn hor...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •