Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far North

Default Far North

There seems to be plenty of activity in the property segment recently, though mostly limited to the new launches.

What about resales in the north? Anyone knows of any increase in activity here? I was informed that many PRCs are coming to look and buy, and they are causing quite a bit of activity in some projects.

If you have any news where your condo has seen more activity lately due post here so perhaps we can have a glimpse as to what all these investors are looking for in ulu north

your fav location

Peak Seah Street land cost 1000psf. LH expected to be sold at 2500psf
    North condo 5 min MRT 5XX psf...LH (12 years)

PRs will sure come to this vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    your fav location

Peak Seah Street land cost 1000psf. LH expected to be sold at 2500psf
    North condo 5 min MRT 5XX psf...LH (12 years)

PRs will sure come to this vicinity.
    LOL. They will be the same ones to buy 39K and 50K COEs too...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    LOL. They will be the same ones to buy 39K and 50K COEs too...
    Far East coming... did you smell something?

Far East coming... did you smell something?
    ho ho ho i smell 4 digit psf!!

Default North Redvelopment master plan?

Anyone has a North Redevelopment master plan? If you travel by MRT from Yio Chio Kang to Khatib, it is a long 7 mins ride. So there should be another MRT station in between (somewhere around Bullion Park). Surronding Lower Seletar Reservior, there are enough land to build 20 projects. (Just look at Bedok Reservior). Near Sembawang area, there are enough land to build the 5th university.
    This area is just 28 mins train ride to Orchard Road. Anyone wants to bet how this area will be in 20 years' time? - not very long for property investment.

Just my dreams!
    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I stay at Khatib.

Those along Thomson line probably will have more potential but right now we dont know where will be the stations, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Anyone has a North Redevelopment master plan? If you travel by MRT from Yio Chio Kang to Khatib, it is a long 7 mins ride. So there should be another MRT station in between (somewhere around Bullion Park). Surronding Lower Seletar Reservior, there are enough land to build 20 projects. (Just look at Bedok Reservior). Near Sembawang area, there are enough land to build the 5th university.
    This area is just 28 mins train ride to Orchard Road. Anyone wants to bet how this area will be in 20 years' time? - not very long for property investment.

Just my dreams!
    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I stay at Khatib.

ho ho ho i smell 4 digit psf!!
    greenwich oredi achieved 14xxpsf by FEO! CLAP CLAP!

another bishan 8 fate

Those along Thomson line probably will have more potential but right now we dont know where will be the stations, do we?
    actually, i dun see much price appreciation along the newly announced DTL3

they will depend if there is any kind of mixed development surrounding the MRT stations of DL3. But right now it is still too early to see any investment value in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    greenwich oredi achieved 14xxpsf by FEO! CLAP CLAP!

another bishan 8 fate
    Yah but that's not exactly far north is it? Yio Chu Kang is more NE than north...still it has the potential to affect surrounding regions like Khatib / Sembawang / Yishun...

Just my dreams!
    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I stay at Khatib.
    Richard, your dreams will come true but perhaps not in near future as you said...
    There needs to be a critical mass to support the Bullion Park MRT (the condo residents are just not enough)

Perhaps with more developments maybe, but will be a long time coming

Just boliao checked some far north condos...

apparently Seletaris has a new high!

509 Sembawang Road #04-63
    Freehold
    $723 psf
    $1190k
    14 Jan 11

so does Northoaks

20 Woodlands Crescent #13-43
    99 Yrs From 16/12/1997
    $681 psf
    $718k
    26 Jan 11

even Sensoria...

1 Jalan Ulu Sembawang #01-05
    Freehold
    $766 psf
    $907k
    21 Dec 10

I feel like Reporter already

But those were bought before or after NSE announcement? I forgot the day NSE was announced...

3weeks ago
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

late now... but still in time. Hurry... north coming up.

Richard, your dreams will come true but perhaps not in near future as you said...
    There needs to be a critical mass to support the Bullion Park MRT (the condo residents are just not enough)

Perhaps with more developments maybe, but will be a long time coming
    Opposite land available.... so huge!

Just my dreams!
    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I stay at Khatib.
    I think those land are army land.

Our transport minister said they could not even get 1.5% of those land to build a ventilation building for the NSE, that is why it is semi tunnel along castle green and nuovo.

Default Far North

Instead of paying $850 p/f on new launch or 99 yrs one, what do you think of Seletaris which is freehold for around $690 p/f based on recent
    cavat shown ? Pls adv ! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    Instead of paying $850 p/f on new launch or 99 yrs one, what do you think of Seletaris which is freehold for around $690 p/f based on recent
    cavat shown ? Pls adv ! thanks
    part of seletaris is affected by the new expressway right? but that is a nice project. relax and resort style

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    part of seletaris is affected by the new expressway right? but that is a nice project. relax and resort style
    Quite old too and you'll need to spend 30-40k on retrofitting, A&A
    Northwood nearby in a better location is asking 800psf, while Seletaris next to NSE asking 700++psf - both are FH, your pick

Quite old too and you'll need to spend 30-40k on retrofitting, A&A
    Northwood nearby in a better location is asking 800psf, while Seletaris next to NSE asking 700++psf - both are FH, your pick

Northwood is directly next door to the helicopter base, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    Northwood is directly next door to the helicopter base, right?
    I know the actual base is some distance off - but impt thing is it's not in the path of the helicoper's landing or taking off (which seletaris is)

Default Far North

Seletaris is nearer to Chong Pang city and Sembawang Shopping Centre and the new food centre currently under construction (opp SSC).

I know the actual base is some distance off - but impt thing is it's not in the path of the helicoper's landing or taking off (which seletaris is)
    When Northwood TOPs, I almost commit a unit (4th qty 09), During that time was calling 650-690 psf…

Pro- FH,
    New construction
    Blocks are spaciously spread
    Maintenance fee expected around $ 270. reasonable
    Last heard of the rental is about 3 k and accordingly to agent, very easy to market out
    Cons,
    Coincidence was chit chat with agent at the pool, can hear chopter hovering, and was very very loud Plus vibration. Of course it is only once a while. (enough for me to pull out)
    Unit facing camp will kana aft sun , directly.
    Notice there no BBQ pit, (thu can be resolved by placing a portable wan)

Then a again, you have to weight your preference and trade off the pro and con.

Best in the north in my views. Better than facing expressway 24 hrs. Compare with fighter jets. Heli ok lah.

U know where to find jets right? Or avoid...

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    Seletaris is nearer to Chong Pang city and Sembawang Shopping Centre and the new food centre currently under construction (opp SSC).
    I think they are same distance from chong pang though true seletaris is nearer to SSC - that said, it's still a long 10min walk unlike canberra residence or even sensoria

I think they are same distance from chong pang though true seletaris is nearer to SSC - that said, it's still a long 10min walk unlike canberra residence or even sensoria

sensoria is actually facing the landed property and on high ground. I almost commit to it for about 820k 2 bed thereabout. The workmanship is not bad imo.

The only thing bad about it there are only few units and maintenance cost could be high and not many facilities.

sensoria is actually facing the landed property and on high ground. I almost commit to it for about 820k 2 bed thereabout. The workmanship is not bad imo.

The only thing bad about it there are only few units and maintenance cost could be high and not many facilities.
    Indeed. They also had a heated jacuzzi that had me drooling.

Unfortunate thing was, as you said, high maintenance + one lane into carpark which could cause jams and conflicts. And it's too boutique (read: small) for me - apart from that it's quite charming. It's not a condo, it's apartment status actually so less space for facilities (which also means u get less recreational sq ft for your buck)

Walking to SSC is only 5 min

Between that and Seletaris if I really had to choose I would pick Sensoria. Else in that area Northwood would be the best value for money.

I think cr best now. only cons is leasehold.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I think cr best now. only cons is leasehold.
    the price a bit steep for a LH plus the location..