Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Thomson MRT Line

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default Thomson MRT Line

    Not too sure if anyone can share where will be the possible new MRT location in the north? In sembawang, upper thomson and woodlands.... i believe these three residential areas will be the beneficiaries of the new MRT line.

  2. #2
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Found this one of the articles. Seems target is ready by 2018.

    Quote
    A New MRT Line The 27km Thomson Line (TSL) will run from Woodlands to the heart of Marina Bay, complementing the North-South Line and serving areas that do not currently have direct MRT links, such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru and Thomson. Residents can look forward to faster trips to the city via the TSL.
    Unquote

    Furthermore, it seems that in the plan is also a North South Expressway which runs into the city and a North Coast Line which links to Ponggul and Airport.

  3. #3
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Found this one of the articles. Seems target is ready by 2018.

    Quote
    A New MRT Line The 27km Thomson Line (TSL) will run from Woodlands to the heart of Marina Bay, complementing the North-South Line and serving areas that do not currently have direct MRT links, such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru and Thomson. Residents can look forward to faster trips to the city via the TSL.
    Unquote

    Furthermore, it seems that in the plan is also a North South Expressway which runs into the city and a North Coast Line which links to Ponggul and Airport.
    Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the NS expressway though. I believe it was announced once but I thought the government is going to shelf that plan due to its high cost.

    Did anyone spot any LTA staff doing soil testing along Thomson and Woodlands? That may give some clue to the location of the stations.

  4. #4
    Emeritus Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the NS expressway though. I believe it was announced once but I thought the government is going to shelf that plan due to its high cost.

    Did anyone spot any LTA staff doing soil testing along Thomson and Woodlands? That may give some clue to the location of the stations.
    Saw a number of tests being done along upper thomson and sembawang road (chong pang area)

  5. #5
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Furthermore, it seems that in the plan is also a North South Expressway which runs into the city and a North Coast Line which links to Ponggul and Airport.
    Yup, it does look like there is a north coast line .. that's if u happen to pass by punggol & see that route leading to the east like tampines

  6. #6
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Saw a number of tests being done along upper thomson and sembawang road (chong pang area)
    there are some action between sembawang mrt & yishun mrt. don know is it related? heard govt going to develop a "limpang town" at that area. so don know the "action" is for which purpose

  7. #7
    Emeritus Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    there are some action between sembawang mrt & yishun mrt. don know is it related? heard govt going to develop a "limpang town" at that area. so don know the "action" is for which purpose
    You mean simpang? Possibly. My friend from SMRT told me there will be some 'reserve sites' for the line - so the numbers will not be sequential (ie not TL1, TL2, TL3 but more like TL10, TL13 etc) so they will put in more stations in between when there is a critical mass happening.

    Simpang could be one of them, as could be Chong Pang - maybe even near the army camps for the servicemen's convenience (?)

    But likely those will happen after 2018 when the main stations are built (like thomson, kebun bahru) else too much speculation (like what happened to Meadows at Peirce)

  8. #8
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hi Komo, where did u get the information on the new thomson line?

  9. #9
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindatlc
    Hi Komo, where did u get the information on the new thomson line?
    It's at LTA website:

    [URL="http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/LTMP.html"]http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/LTMP.html[/URL]

  10. #10
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Side-question, but can someone help me on this?
    For the next phase of the Circle Line (P4 & P5 - I think), which month in 2011 does this open? I was under impression its March/April 2011.

    Anyone got a more informed timing? Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •