Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sail @ Marina Bay (D1, 99 years, City Developments Limited)

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Hopefully won't because i just bought one unit there
    Congrats, may I ask how much you got it for?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Congrats, may I ask how much you got it for?
    He got it at a higher price than what he would get it at if he had waited. that is for sure. hope he has holding power for at two to three years. Not that I wish he would lose money. but it seems he would.

Hopefully won't because i just bought one unit there
    Doesnt matter, treat is as consumption costs. At least you get to enjoy the place and since you are not selling it anytime soon, it doesnt matter. If the price drop, you may not be able to get the exact unit.

Its a good project and I agree with all the points raised above about the merits of The Sail. Usually I only buy freehold projects but there are a few 99-LH that I will buy in Singapore. The Sail, The Reflection and Sentosa Cove.

Enjoy the place.

Got mine at 13xx psf. Mid floor (#4x) with seaview for the time being (until MBS is up).

Those who buy recently, should be able to hold it well because of the low price. At least it's low enough for me. As for 800psf, congrats for buying the sail at 800psf. You wait for it, you time it well, it's your credit. As long as I don't sell, I won't lose money. Sometimes, it's just too hard to time the bottom. My CPF + my GF CPF should be enough to support this unit without any cash layout. Unless I/she lost our job, then it's a different story.

My advice to buyers for the sail (or any property) is that your finance must be sound. Have savings of at least 12 months of your pay in case anything happen. I make sure I have 2 years of my pay before committing to a unit at the sail. If not, I would not have gone for it !

Anyway, there is a unit #4x-17 asking 1650psf. Facing NTUC building and facing my unit as well. For interested parties, can take a look

Got mine at 13xx psf. Mid floor (#4x) with seaview for the time being (until MBS is up).

Those who buy recently, should be able to hold it well because of the low price. At least it's low enough for me. As for 800psf, congrats for buying the sail at 800psf. You wait for it, you time it well, it's your credit. As long as I don't sell, I won't lose money. Sometimes, it's just too hard to time the bottom. My CPF + my GF CPF should be enough to support this unit without any cash layout. Unless I/she lost our job, then it's a different story.

My advice to buyers for the sail (or any property) is that your finance must be sound. Have savings of at least 12 months of your pay in case anything happen. I make sure I have 2 years of my pay before committing to a unit at the sail. If not, I would not have gone for it !

Anyway, there is a unit #4x-17 asking 1650psf. Facing NTUC building and facing my unit as well. For interested parties, can take a look
    Sometimes its not about the price, if buying for homestay at least you get to enjoy a better quality of life. 13XXpsf seems okish, 800 psf onie possible for prolong recession + piggy flu becomes sars (hope not) lol..

Well at least for me I'm getting for investment, so will probably hang out and see if there are any better deals if not just move on

Actually..i think around $1000 - $1200, I would be willing to get in for MBR that is.

I intend to buy for stay and after 5 years..can sell away.

most importantly, many of the units there don't have the 'waste time waste money' planter/balcony/baywindow crap, which in some developments like Aristo and Luma, can constitute almost 25% of chargeable PSF.

Even the aircon space can pirate some of the space, deck out with chengai wood, add some creepers on the grille, and i have a bay-facing smoking area. put a telescope there can beo from a distance somemore

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    most importantly, many of the units there don't have the 'waste time waste money' planter/balcony/baywindow crap, which in some developments like Aristo and Luma, can constitute almost 25% of chargeable PSF.

Even the aircon space can pirate some of the space, deck out with chengai wood, add some creepers on the grille, and i have a bay-facing smoking area. put a telescope there can beo from a distance somemore
    This is VERI VERI important and though there is a lot of complaint about the quality of the project, this difference sets it apart for other projects.

The quality of the finishings and appliances sucks big time. But I ripped out everything during reno anyways so i won't really see it. But if one thinks he can move in immediately, just plonk some furnishings and live luxury - i've seen better HDB flats finishes

You don't have all the crap because the building must look like a sail. but would a balcony add to the overall pleasure your unit provides? I am sure it would.

skyline has a lot of wasted space for balconies and baywindows. but the view from the balcony is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Actually..i think around $1000 - $1200, I would be willing to get in for MBR that is.

I intend to buy for stay and after 5 years..can sell away.
    MBR for 1000 psf? Not only would you be willing, but I think most here would buy 2 or 3 studio units for investment

Finance sector may be in a lull right now, but if you believe in Singapore's future as SE Asia's premier finance hotspot, then it is better than buying any blue chip stock.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    You don't have all the crap because the building must look like a sail. but would a balcony add to the overall pleasure your unit provides? I am sure it would.

skyline has a lot of wasted space for balconies and baywindows. but the view from the balcony is spectacular.
    yup, we're lucky in that sense. I'm not too worried about the view, as views from the full height windows are similarly spectacular. I like balconies too, that's why i'm converting my aircon area to be a wooddecked balcony, with the aircon units hidden behind a wooden lattice with creepers. Enough to put 2 chairs and an ashtray.

Bay windows are an issue for me though, whether this or other developments. While you can technically build over your bed/etc over this, it severely restricts walking space and the sense of spaciousness.

The quality of the finishings and appliances sucks big time. But I ripped out everything during reno anyways so i won't really see it. But if one thinks he can move in immediately, just plonk some furnishings and live luxury - i've seen better HDB flats finishes
    i can see the Sail from my office
    i remember they used to take only 1 week to complete one floor ... even at that height ..its not any slower ...

so the finishings cannot be so good lah ...

I am also taking of converting my planter and aircon into a mini balcony. Just wondering, gfoo, do you have to relocate the compressor? If not, then won't it be too small? I am thinking of doing that. Can see seaview and relax there with a chair.

Also, the aircon side seems to have some metal grills blocking. What did you do to them?

And also, the finishing don't sucks lah. It is just normal lor. Nothing spectacular, nothing near what 6 stars condo but enough for me liao. Heard the swimming pool lockers all damaged already. Too bad then.. MBR should be better right? But maintenance I heard for studio is around $500. WIthout carpark somemore.

p/s: The best finishing I have ever seen is at the seaview. That is really quality.

Last saturday offer a cheque for a unit at stack 10.. wa lao ! the owner asking 1650psf oredi ! i match the offer,issue the cheque and guess what?the owner say 1650 too low.ask me to offer 1700psf to consider...take my cheque for three days then tell me lan jiao wei.sail owners really knn one

I am also taking of converting my planter and aircon into a mini balcony. Just wondering, gfoo, do you have to relocate the compressor? If not, then won't it be too small? I am thinking of doing that. Can see seaview and relax there with a chair.

Also, the aircon side seems to have some metal grills blocking. What did you do to them?

No need to relocate, seems big enough for me and wife (is yours a studio?). i'm not using armchairs btw, something like a barstool but much more comfy, and dun take up space. i got my guy to build a chengai wood platform, and a drop-down wooden table thingie for my kopi/roti. putting up those garden lattices on the aircon grilles, then weaving creepers through them so it looks better and to stave off any heat. but its so windy anyways, so no issues.

Come on lah. Not all sail owners are like this one. At least mine went through successfully. Why don't you consider the 4x-17 unit? Asking 1650psf but you try 1600 first lor. Taking the area size into consideration, the price works out to be about the same right? That stack 10 high or low floor first? If low floor, then don't even bother a 1700 cheque. Might as well go for bay units by paying 300psf more. U go ask around see if got any 15xx units? Take your time. The unit will come at the right price one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Last saturday offer a cheque for a unit at stack 10.. wa lao ! the owner asking 1650psf oredi ! i match the offer,issue the cheque and guess what?the owner say 1650 too low.ask me to offer 1700psf to consider...take my cheque for three days then tell me lan jiao wei.sail owners really knn one

The seller thinks that you are a sucker wat! You matched his asking price without bargaining.

Come on lah. Not all sail owners are like this one. At least mine went through successfully. Why don't you consider the 4x-17 unit? Asking 1650psf but you try 1600 first lor. Taking the area size into consideration, the price works out to be about the same right? That stack 10 high or low floor first? If low floor, then don't even bother a 1700 cheque. Might as well go for bay units by paying 300psf more. U go ask around see if got any 15xx units? Take your time. The unit will come at the right price one.

i called the agents today oredi..agents tell me now dun haf units selling below 1600...but i see in the ura,all transacted at 13xx to 14xx PSF.those knn agents wan to increase their commission is it?talk cock sing song with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    The seller thinks that you are a sucker wat! You matched his asking price without bargaining.

actually the agent tell me the price is firm,nett etc...so ok lor.like that unit so go for it.it is a low floor pool facing unit...on sat,went down to meet the agents..i only call two agents but both of them (different time of course) tell me apart from that stack 10,there are no studio unit selling below 1700psf...never mind..i go elsewhere to find my condo

i called the agents today oredi..agents tell me now dun haf units selling below 1600...but i see in the ura,all transacted at 13xx to 14xx PSF.those knn agents wan to increase their commission is it?talk cock sing song with me.
    thanks because some muthabutoh china national bought a low floor at $1800, and another parapundae bought a mid floor studio at $1750 over last weekend. How true that is i dunno, but the agent who sold me my current and is looking out for me for a studio said so. i'm itching to see the caveats.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    MBR for 1000 psf? Not only would you be willing, but I think most here would buy 2 or 3 studio units for investment

Finance sector may be in a lull right now, but if you believe in Singapore's future as SE Asia's premier finance hotspot, then it is better than buying any blue chip stock.
    Ya.. I also think 1000psf is unlikely.. so I was aiming around 1000-1300psf.

But you know what.. u gave me an excellent idea..
    I was looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom... but instead of buying one..
    i might as well buy a 2bedroom and 1 studio.. then .i got more options to sell one and still have one to stay in..

Btw, which are the stacks in the Sail that is having bayview but is not directly facing the 1 Raffles Quay building with the pte banks.

twr 1 - 4,5,6 (full Bay)
    twr 2 - 18 (full bay and central park)
    twr 2 - 19,20,21 (half bay and central park)

t1- 3 (1/4 ntuc view, 3/4 bay view)
    t1 - 1,2 (ntuc view, half bay)
    t2 - 22, (central park only)
    t2 - 23,24 (half central park, skyline blocked by 2 towers of mbfc right outside the unit)

(inside units, anything 8flr and below, you see carpark - REALLY F-up)

t1 - 7,8 (left blocked by t2, 1/4 sliver port/sea view, center blocked by MBS, right blocked by ORQ)
    t1 - 9,10, (half port/sea view, half blocked by MBS)
    t1 - 11 (left port/sea view, center blocked by MBS, right blocked by ORQ)

t2 - 15,16,17 (the worst ever facing, ORQ, completely blocked off unless you are #60 and above. Left blocked by MBS, center blocked by ORQ, right blocked by T1)

Congrats to you and your GF. I am sure it is a nice unit. BTW, from my simple deduction, based on current 4500CPF cap and 14.5%/20% contribution ratio by employer/employee, it appears your loan would be rather low(assumption: Interest rate = 2.5% inc. margin spread, tenor = 30yrs, LTV =80%). To have CPF service debt without cash outlay, loan amount would be about 600K - 650K ?

you guys got a small unit ??
    Are the layouts there good ?
    Last edited by DW; 28-04-09 at 23:00.

Thanks Gfoo...
    very comprehensive..

I will go take a look .

Actually although monthly contribution to OA for both is $2100 combined, u can still instruct cpf to use cpf balances wholly to settle mortgage repayments up to withdrawal limit. The difference between in & out is a few hundred bucks, which my cpf can afford to trickle bleed out indefinitely, hence at least for the next 25 years or so (my CPFWL breakeven) i fork out zero cash assuming i do not revalue/refinance. If at refinance say 10years down the road and valuation is higher, my CPFWL can b reset to that higher range, giving me more breathing space. With conservancy at $250 for 2 bedder and $190 for studio, the sail is to me quite affordable.

gfoo which studio stack u got ah?

My CPF + my GF CPF is not $4500 lah. Where got earn so much. From our CPF statement, only $2070 max. can be used. But it's enough to pay for my monthly installment with extra back to CPF.

I bought a studio that's why my loan is low (yup, around 650k). I paid upfront 20% + 3% stamp + around 0.5% Misc etc.. Got the maybank deal which is first year 1.6% fixed so the installment is rather low now. Third year might have to fork out cash I think. But I will just adjust my CPF accordingly so that I won't have to pay any cash.

gfoo, you mentioned that studio maintenance is $190? how come so low one? I thought is $267? I have not completed my purchase yet so cannot confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Congrats to you and your GF. I am sure it is a nice unit. BTW, from my simple deduction, based on current 4500CPF cap and 14.5%/20% contribution ratio by employer/employee, it appears your loan would be rather low(assumption: Interest rate = 2.5% inc. margin spread, tenor = 30yrs, LTV =80%). To have CPF service debt without cash outlay, loan amount would be about 600K - 650K ?

you guys got a small unit ??
    Are the layouts there good ?

Got a 2 bedder, renovated into a 2+study+shittyasssmall balcony coz my wife dun allow me to smoke in the house. If i'd known that earlier, i would hv stayed put in the old place where i cd smoke wherever i liked