Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwich @ Seletar (99 by Far East Organisation)

heard a few days back already sold 60+ units on VIP Preview leh. dunno why its hush hush. seems like sales has already started!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah! Seletar 99LH also can sell at average $950 psf (meaning smaller units probably sold at $1100 psf)!
    Now whole Singapore probably nobody will want to sell below $950 psf liao!
    think property price has reached another level. EC & DBSS also becoming more expensive. so private definitely must be higher than EC & DBSS or it will not be attractive anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    heard a few days back already sold 60+ units on VIP Preview leh. dunno why its hush hush. seems like sales has already started!
    ST papers, 80 out of 90+ launched taken up.
    Last edited by maisonjai; 04-08-10 at 11:32.

The Straits Times today reported that FEO as at Monday has sold 80 out of 96 units released Showflat closed at 2 am the following morning to cope with the demand Prices range from $650k to $1.25m ($980 psf on average). 80% of all 1 & 2-bedder snapped up. All the 10 3-bedders released were sold Singaporean account for almost all the buyers at the preview and most are from the Seletar estate area.

Prices just keep on increasing, now spreading to the north even. $980 psf is a new record for the area. Better rush to buy now. Correction seems no where in sight at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    think property price has reached another level. EC & DBSS also becoming more expensive. so private definitely must be higher than EC & DBSS or it will not be attractive anymore
    when Frasers launch the EC near Buangkok mrt, another surprise

oh, finally its out in the papers hee. i was wondering when someone told me that a few days ago already sold 60+ out of 80 launched how come this forum was so quiet about it and no newspaper reported it for days.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    The Straits Times today reported that FEO as at Monday has sold 80 out of 96 units released Showflat closed at 2 am the following morning to cope with the demand Prices range from $650k to $1.25m ($980 psf on average). 80% of all 1 & 2-bedder snapped up. All the 10 3-bedders released were sold Singaporean account for almost all the buyers at the preview and most are from the Seletar estate area.

Prices just keep on increasing, now spreading to the north even. $980 psf is a new record for the area. Better rush to buy now. Correction seems no where in sight at the moment

that location is... really out of the way ah!!

More information of Greenwich Condo and site plan can be found at:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.We...ul_enewsletter

FAQ regarding Greenwich Condo and Greenwich V can be be found at:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...1056471944.pdf

oh, finally its out in the papers hee. i was wondering when someone told me that a few days ago already sold 60+ out of 80 launched how come this forum was so quiet about it and no newspaper reported it for days.
    HOW COME I DIN NOE ABOUT IT!!! nvr receive a single sms about the launch!

meadows at pierce HUAT ARGH!

far east sms me leh and i m not even a loyal customer, but din say when launch. i din even know it was last weekend or was it monday? anyway i was not keen.

think u must call and kao bei liao.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    HOW COME I DIN NOE ABOUT IT!!! nvr receive a single sms about the launch!

Common Devilplate... You ain interested in Seletar right?

far east sms me leh and i m not even a loyal customer, but din say when launch. i din even know it was last weekend or was it monday? anyway i was not keen.

think u must call and kao bei liao.
    i receive sms ...but nvr register any interest

but den, they nvr tell me when they launching!

anw, will be back for an update soon....stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    Common Devilplate... You ain interested in Seletar right?
    ppty is my hobby mah....dunwan to buy doesnt mean cannot go kaypoh....hehe

i been to many showflats without the intention to buy too

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_561651.html

Aug 4, 2010

Buyers snap up 80 units at preview of The Greenwich

By Joyce Teo

THE Greenwich condominium caused a rare traffic jam in the quiet Seletar Hills estate on Monday when potential buyers flocked to its showflat to get the first bite of the cherry in a special preview.

Developer Far East Organization said yesterday that it has sold 80 out of 96 units released at the 319-unit The Greenwich on Monday. The showflat closed at 2am the following morning, in order to cope with the demand.

Prices ranged from $650,000 to $1.25 million, with the price per sq ft (psf) at $980 on average. The psf price is a record for the area, said Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak.

'The buyers are those who really like this corner of Singapore,' he said.

Singaporeans accounted for almost all of the buyers at the preview, Far East said in a statement yesterday. Most are from the Seletar estate area, it added.

More than 80 per cent of the one- and two-bedroom units released were snapped up, and all 10 of the three-bedroom units released were sold, it said.

The Greenwich, at the junction of Seletar and Yio Chu Kang roads, has residential units and retail shops. Of the 319 residential units, 160 are one-bedroom units that Far East describes as Soho-type (small office, home office) units.

Ranging in size from 603 sq ft to 721 sq ft, they offer users the flexibility to combine an efficient work environment with the comfort and privacy of a home, Far East said. It has since sold 32 out of 40 such units released in the preview. The two- to three-bedroom units go up to 1,485 sq ft in size.

The retail shops will be in a 45,000 sq ft two-storey mall called Greenwich V, which is close to 60 per cent committed.

Far East's executive director and chief operating officer of property sales, Mr Chia Boon Kuah, said The Greenwich is 'quite unlike the typical suburban condominium'.

'It differentiates itself as a new 'trans-urban' development, set to transform the suburban enclave into a vibrant live-work-and-play urban environment,' he said.

Recently, another new 99-year leasehold project, The Scala near Lorong Chuan MRT station, also attracted hordes of eager buyers.

It has since sold 90 per cent of the 468 units, said developer Hong Leong Holdings yesterday. The Scala was priced at $1,150 psf on average.

Looks like 1000psf is the standard for condo nowadays....omg.

same here, last min. then send out sms and din say launching like within next week hahaha. looking forward to ur update as usual.

i receive sms ...but nvr register any interest

but den, they nvr tell me when they launching!

anw, will be back for an update soon....stay tuned

HDBs in that area will surely increase in valuation...

if they had published it earlier ..that they sold 60 units at preview

then on the launch date .. they would have only sold 20 units .. right

so they waited till launch then report ALTOGETHER mah ..

otherwise Headline cannot use the word SNAP UP

imagine 20 out of 96 units

so now 20+60 = 80 out of 96 then can be SNAP up ..

another WOW tactics

Here is my review:

Prices: 1bedder~1150psf & 1050psf for 2/3bedder

Pro:
    -Good and efficient layout again by FEO
    -High ceiling height of 4.75m for ground flr and 3.85m for 2nd flr up
    -Above average finishings
    -35 Retail/F&B looks exciting with Cold storage, 7 11 etc ...ard 60% leased oredi
    -full condo facilities with 2 gd sized pool of 40m and 50m, tennis, gym,basement carpark
    -most units will have quiet facing
    -Potential expats base from seletar aerospace

Con:
    -99LH without MRT
    -narrow Jalan Kayu road
    -disgusting pricing but very good response....so....u decide

Conclusion: Will only consider if its a FH and priced at below 900psf
    Buy nearby landed will be better

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if they had published it earlier ..that they sold 60 units at preview

then on the launch date .. they would have only sold 20 units .. right

so they waited till launch then report ALTOGETHER mah ..

otherwise Headline cannot use the word SNAP UP

imagine 20 out of 96 units

so now 20+60 = 80 out of 96 then can be SNAP up ..

another WOW tactics
    actually VVIP preview started on Mon which is only for internal staff/associates/bulk buyers---was told by FEO agt

Public preview started yday....

they released about 50% so far and will keep the rest until TOP...as usual

Here is my review:

Prices: 1bedder~1150psf & 1050psf for 2/3bedder

Pro:
    -Good and efficient layout again by FEO
    -High ceiling height of 4.75m for ground flr and 3.85m for 2nd flr up
    -Above average finishings
    -35 Retail/F&B looks exciting with Cold storage, 7 11 etc ...ard 60% leased oredi
    -full condo facilities with 2 gd sized pool of 40m and 50m, tennis, gym,basement carpark
    -most units will have quiet facing
    -Potential expats base from seletar aerospace

Con:
    -99LH without MRT
    -narrow Jalan Kayu road
    -disgusting pricing but very good response....so....u decide

Conclusion: Will only consider if its a FH and priced at below 900psf
    Buy nearby landed will be better
    thankS to DP review...

Yup, agree that GW pricing is indeed aggressive forward pricing.
    Certainly solely benching on potential expats base from SA park.

As FEO spokesperson says, GW is an unique "trans-urban" concept... Time will tell.. Not sure how long though

But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder. Makes me wonder if expats who are prepared to stay in the suburbs in the far north really want to stay in such small units? Anyway, nowadays as long as one-bedder and total quantum low will be the first to fly off the shelves - never mind the PSF. I think too much liquidity around with the low interest and any Tom Dick and Harry with $100k here and there to spare also start to speculate in such small units. But I must say Far East is really slow to respond to small units - it finally show hand and start building mainly one-bedders here. It works - other Far East projects at better locations, better PSF pricing but bigger units are not moving.

A lot of places claim to be the next Holland V but never happen one. Siglap V also say its next Holland V.

I do sometimes passby this area and serenity park, and for the latter location, i do see some ang mohs entering or leaving the premises. So maybe with this Greenwich up, there could be rental demand from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder.
    Just to correct: around 50% comprises of 1bedder or 1bedder Loft(ground flr of ceiling height 4.75m) technically speaking, studios r refering to those without a proper partitioned bedroom. the gd thing is: its a very comfortable sized 1bedder unlikes those 3xxsqft studios which i have seen at Parc Imperial....for those who intend to buy 3xxsqft studios, better to check out ready product at Parc Imperial b4 committing to one

yes...50% 1bedders is ALOT! and its not cheap as quantum around 680-730k. I wud recommend 3bedder of size~1100sqft, gd size as its w/o baywindows/planter box....unlike scala 3bedders(puny common bedrooms)

just one question: wud u mind paying abit more for a unit of ceiling height of 4.75m? (normal ceiling height nowadays 2.8 to 3m)

i heard they will widen the jalan kayu road.... or build new access roads to SLE from the fish farms.....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    i heard they will widen the jalan kayu road.... or build new access roads to SLE from the fish farms.....
    FEO agt told me its cfm tat the seletar road will be widened....but jalan kayu not sure yet...i tink most likely will as well....really hope they widen, so congested, constantly with heavy vehicles and smtimes ppl anyhow double park

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder. Makes me wonder if expats who are prepared to stay in the suburbs in the far north really want to stay in such small units? Anyway, nowadays as long as one-bedder and total quantum low will be the first to fly off the shelves - never mind the PSF. I think too much liquidity around with the low interest and any Tom Dick and Harry with $100k here and there to spare also start to speculate in such small units. But I must say Far East is really slow to respond to small units - it finally show hand and start building mainly one-bedders here. It works - other Far East projects at better locations, better PSF pricing but bigger units are not moving.

A lot of places claim to be the next Holland V but never happen one. Siglap V also say its next Holland V.
    The one is different... they are landlords on the commercial units. 1 bedders are better than to house holds... single, more likely to shop and visit the entertainment spots than families... see?

The sales volume are artificially propped up by smaller and lower quantum units. So that is the sign that you should read. So Bullish is based on so small...

The main point, FEO pricing are at premium for strong price level support... u have to accept their pricing if you like the location... anyway the location has buyers with deeper pockets... In the past, Holland V no MRT.... in Future... if Greenwhich has MRT... then the price now is damm cheap. I'll bet on it.

Is it likely that there will be mrt in this area? especially considering that most are landed there ?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

The main point, FEO pricing are at premium for strong price level support... u have to accept their pricing if you like the location... anyway the location has buyers with deeper pockets... In the past, Holland V no MRT.... in Future... if Greenwhich has MRT... then the price now is damm cheap. I'll bet on it.

it depends on how much the govt wants to push the aerospace park.
    if they are looking at emplying 10,000 jobs, housing in that area will benefit and possibility of an MRT line

Below, taken from wiki
    Master Plan

The master plan for Seletar Aerospace Park was announced by JTC Corporation on 26 June 2007.
    The Seletar Airport will be undergoing upgrading to support the park. The plans include the lengthening of the airport's runway from its current length to 1,800 metres and the upgrading of its avionics systems to allow bigger aircraft to land and take off.
    New roads, better infrastructure and more than 100 football fields of space will be available to the cluster of companies that design and manufacture aircraft components and small jets, as well as run training schools.
    The park will be developed at a cost of more than S$60 million, and will be carried out in phases. When completed by 2018, it will create 10,000 jobs, predominantly skilled and technical positions. The park will also help double the output of Singapore's fast-growing aerospace sector, from 2006's record of S$6.3 billion. Tenants affected by the first phase of the development are preparing to relocate to a temporary area.
    In finalising the master plan for Seletar, the idyllic, tranquil nature of the area with its more than 300 black-and-white colonial bungalows, old trees and open fields has been retained, as much as possible. Of the 378 black-and-white bungalows, 204 will be retained. Some will be converted into aerospace training schools and food and beverage outlets, while 131 units will be set aside for residential use. For the same reason, more than 30 distinctive trees will not be cut down.
    Tenants

The first few tenants are expected to move into their new premises in the third quarter of 2010. Among the front runners are Singapore Technologies Aerospace, Jet Aviation, Eurocopter South East Asia and EADS Innovation Works [2] , all with plans to expand their current facilities at Seletar.
    On 20 November 2007, Rolls-Royce plc announced plans to build its first Asian aero engine facility in the Park, slated for completion by end 2009[3]. The facility will complement its existing facility at Derby by concentrating on the assembly and testing of large civil engines such as the Trent 1000 and Trent XWB. It is expected to provide employment for about 330 people[4].