Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenwich @ Seletar (99 by Far East Organisation)

Let's put it this way. If i keep talking down the market year after year, I am sure I will be right some day because property does go through a cycle of up and down. The lowest base shifts too and may never be the same as the last cycle. So IMO, if you want to be famous for being a naysayer or Dr. Doom, just keep predicting that the market will crash some day when everyone thinks more optimistically and you could just be famous for getting it right when it does crash (which will happen because market does go up and down).

What goes up must come down someday. Just like the stock market. The only difference is how the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    This Colin Tan has been talking down the market for the past 3 years.
    this Colin Tan lost me completely when he talked abt that 28m china buyer of the sentosa house case : " the purchase is likely to be in cash as no local bank can match this valuation". He doesn't understand the reason why the china buyer paid in cash. it's most definitely not because "bank cannot match valuation". As a "Head of Research", he doesn't even attempt to do some research before coming into that statement. All his remarks are as good as coffee shop tcss.

Default Greenwich in Seletar

I fully agree with you, it take about 5mins drives from Seletar to CTE and yet he called that ulu corner of Singapore !

The only place I would say ulu is jurong. It was really so 10-15years back. Still can extend somemore. Now even jurong is getting hot. Though still not hot enough. Afterall Singapore is a small city state. Very soon will run out of land. Btw i just drove north-south end to end looking for good food to tabao dinner back, in just about an hour half. Some stalls too many people and I have to move to the next... everywhere is so crowded.

i guess its more of a mid market then for those 2 projects, or high end if they like to call it but most certainly not luxury (quite a few pple won't differentiate between high end and luxury). i also think a correction is healthy for a more sustainable bull run but the moment i say that, i get slammed. geez...

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    At around 800psf to 1000psf, it was already a high at that time. So, dont' think it was aimed at the upgraders when mass market condos around that time was only launched at 400-600psf. So PI/Rivergate definitely got furnishing aimed at mid/luxury tier

off -topic but Come to think of it.. prices have really doubled everywhere in just 5yrs..
    if lucky, i would have entered the market around 2005 and imagine what $2mil can get.. or to get my present condo at half the price..

So going forward, is there room for a further doubling of home prices within the next 5yrs..? Unlikely i feel... It will be good if there's a correction ... to make this boom more sustainable for investors.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    See, MA not doing their job! According to BSTA, residents are not suppose to dry their clothings anywhere other than their yard area within their own compound (no sticking bamboo sticks outside of the condo units or drying on balconies or outside windows etc!).
    What is BSTA?

Quote Originally Posted by pupboy
    I fully agree with you, it take about 5mins drives from Seletar to CTE and yet he called that ulu corner of Singapore !
    from GW to CTE, there is only 1 traffic light i believe and it takes 2mins.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this Colin Tan lost me completely when he talked abt that 28m china buyer of the sentosa house case : " the purchase is likely to be in cash as no local bank can match this valuation". He doesn't understand the reason why the china buyer paid in cash. it's most definitely not because "bank cannot match valuation". As a "Head of Research", he doesn't even attempt to do some research before coming into that statement. All his remarks are as good as coffee shop tcss.
    Well, Colin Tan and his valuation friend also lost me completely. Since when did one valuer dictate the market value of any property? More of a question of demand and supply for a certain project. Just like any new project launch, there will be other valuers who will value the project in accordance with the developer's pricing. It's a free market and market goes up and down based on sentiment of buyers and sellers at a particular juncture in time.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by august
    LOL
    try a social experiment. go to a busy part of orchard road. Stop, look up and stare, and start pointing at the sky. many will also stop and look up to where you're pointing too.

then keep insisting you see a ufo floating way up above.

do this long enough, somebody will eventually post it on STOMP.

go into stomp and insist that it is real, and get 1 or 2 of your friends to post that they saw it - soon you'll have a following of people that will post they saw it too

then it get's into ST

Sorry. Unless the new high-end standard is very low, how can PI internal finishing be considered high end? The marble looks mediocre, bedroom flooring looks more like laminate than solid timber wood. Unless nowadays high-end standard has come down? Even toilet furnishings look worse than mass market. Or high-end standard is now like that? The fixtures are not better than mass market in my opinion but I guess different people have different expectations of high-end.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i guess its more of a mid market then for those 2 projects, or high end if they like to call it but most certainly not luxury (quite a few pple won't differentiate between high end and luxury). i also think a correction is healthy for a more sustainable bull run but the moment i say that, i get slammed. geez...

At around 800psf to 1000psf, it was already a high at that time. So, dont' think it was aimed at the upgraders when mass market condos around that time was only launched at 400-600psf. So PI/Rivergate definitely got furnishing aimed at mid/luxury tier
    I was at the launch of both projects. PI was close to 1000, RG was close to 1200. Both definitely were targeting at mid tier buyers. Especially RG. PI case is a bit special, because it has a large spread of flat types. Some of them can be bought quite cheaply. The premium 4bds (2000 sqft ones) were never launched locally. It was marketed overseas. So PI was kind of mixed.

btw dun underestimate "upgraders" hor a lot of them very rich one u know. some buyers of sentosa bungalows have HDB address ok

I was at the launch of both projects. PI was close to 1000, RG was close to 1200. Both definitely were targeting at mid tier buyers. Especially RG. PI case is a bit special, because it has a large spread of flat types. Some of them can be bought quite cheaply. The premium 4bds (2000 sqft ones) were never launched locally. It was marketed overseas. So PI was kind of mixed.

btw dun underestimate "upgraders" hor a lot of them very rich one u know. some buyers of sentosa bungalows have HDB address ok
    I never underestimated upgraders I am one also. But that one who bought the Sentosa bungalow one..is really .. 1 of a kind. No govt unit interested to know how come he has HDB address but can buy Sentosa bungalow?

i think its more like, RG and PI passed the high-end standard of the past (2005 and i also feel its more of a mid-market) but some pple (maybe more agents ) like to call it high end simply becoz located in D9 and D11. since then, there's been a ppty boom and a lot of innovation has taken place so the high end standard shot up from 2006 to 2010. needless to say, the new mass market standard (eg Greenwich) is now higher than the high end standard of 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sorry. Unless the new high-end standard is very low, how can PI internal finishing be considered high end? The marble looks mediocre, bedroom flooring looks more like laminate than solid timber wood. Unless nowadays high-end standard has come down? Even toilet furnishings look worse than mass market. Or high-end standard is now like that? The fixtures are not better than mass market in my opinion but I guess different people have different expectations of high-end.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think its more like, RG and PI passed the high-end standard of the past (2005 and i also feel its more of a mid-market) but some pple (maybe more agents ) like to call it high end simply becoz located in D9 and D11. since then, there's been a ppty boom and a lot of innovation has taken place so the high end standard shot up from 2006 to 2010. needless to say, the new mass market standard (eg Greenwich) is now higher than the high end standard of 2005.
    i think in the end is the price, which in turn is determined by locale, that decides whether a project is marketed as 'high end' or not... is my looping logic making any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i think in the end is the price, which in turn is determined by locale, that decides whether a project is marketed as 'high end' or not... is my looping logic making any sense?
    Agree with you. You can have a high-end condo in a low-end location and people will think it's low-end.
    You can have a low-end condo in a high-end location and people will think it's high-end.

Just like first impression when you tell people you live in landed (wa..rich).. and you live in condo (wa.. which one -"so i can see whether u r rich).

a limited edition, rose gold, quad retrograde, Master collection is still a Longines. a bottom of the range, rose gold, no complication 1815 is still a Lange.

Agree with you. You can have a high-end condo in a low-end location and people will think it's low-end.
    You can have a low-end condo in a high-end location and people will think it's high-end.

Just like first impression when you tell people you live in landed (wa..rich).. and you live in condo (wa.. which one -"so i can see whether u r rich).
    for condo...I think should ask when buy and what size...bought 2010, area>1000 sqft...wa rich

Agreed. These upgraders also made quite a fair bit from their subsidised flats. They tend to get their flats soon after graduation and after 5-10 years, they should have moved up the corporate ladder to be a force to be reckoned with. That's why sometimes I think the media paint them in a negative light - about upgraders cannot afford blah blah - when in reality an upgrader will have significant "leg up" compared to their peers without a HDB flat asset.

Was phase 2 launched over the weekend? Saw quite a number of cars parked outside their showflats and the signs are all up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Was phase 2 launched over the weekend? Saw quite a number of cars parked outside their showflats and the signs are all up.
    Phase 2 will be launching today. I got an invitation sms to view the showroom today.

any update on the prices/units sold?

phase 1 prices oredi disgusting...phase 2: anymore buyers will bite?

any idea what is the price for phrase 2?

Went down to check out the pricing on monday night and below are the indicative prices :

1 Bedder : $1400 psf
    2 Bedders : $1150 psf
    3 Bedders : $1200 psf

All prices above are before 12% discount.
    After the discount .... well ... you do the maths

This sort of price also sell like hot cake, amazing! Still alot of cash rich people around. But guess S'pore is still relatively a safe place to buy property as compare with China, HK or our neighbours. With a target of 6 mil population, demand will always be there. If GW V with retailing and restaurants is successful, then I guess it is not bad to get 1 for own stay or for investment, considering future Airhub at Seletar, more or less rental will also be there.

looks like they up the prices by 50-100psf....hows the sales for phase 2? any updates?

I received sms to say that there will be high tea preview this saturday, looks like they have costed in a few high-teas, bbqs, feng-shuit talks for the add'l 50-100psf.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    looks like they up the prices by 50-100psf....hows the sales for phase 2? any updates?

yup also received the sms, going down this sat for the free food and have a look