Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Greenwich @ Seletar (99 by Far East Organisation)

Well, gotta blame the chee ko peks who still lust after the 'goods'. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    FEO a bit bu yao lian. They future price all their projects at ridiculous prices and welcome every agent to market their ridiculously prices projects, macham like some old prostitute under many pimps

my old chickens can turn better tricks then the new inexperienced chicklets

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i also curious to noe

i was told majority landed owners staying ard tat area...
    My friend stays in that landed area for many years. His father is a CEO of an investment company. His father initially indicated interest in 2 units, but after seeing the price at the preview he didn't buy. So this says a lot about the potential of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    My friend stays in that landed area for many years. His father is a CEO of an investment company. His father initially indicated interest in 2 units, but after seeing the price at the preview he didn't buy. So this says a lot about the potential of this project.
    he may by wiser one among the fools or the fool among the wiser ones. Time will reveal who is right.

That area got a lot of deep pockets. Buy for self stay or for children is a norm. Worst case, sell landed and be CASH RICH!

Expect some sales of landed property there in time to come. Especially when this TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    bro, how is biz for you after the measures? I am waiting to snap up more properties so when you think is the time to enter?
    All sellers dont sell...wait till election over, or you regret big big time...

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    he may by wiser one among the fools or the fool among the wiser ones. Time will reveal who is right.

That area got a lot of deep pockets. Buy for self stay or for children is a norm. Worst case, sell landed and be CASH RICH!

Expect some sales of landed property there in time to come. Especially when this TOP.
    watever it is...those who can afford to lose and got assets/cash rich r the winners at the end of the day.....doesnt matter they r 'fools' to buy this or tat.....in the first place, they got $$$ wat....

Those who cannot handle debt well and default on payment/overstretched r the biggest fools

i also curious to noe

i was told majority landed owners staying ard tat area...
    One of the most ridiculous reason i heard from a guy whose gf is living in seletar landed area is that... the father wants to buy a small mickey mouse unit so they can use the facilities inside. Machiam buying a country club membership.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    One of the most ridiculous reason i heard from a guy whose gf is living in seletar landed area is that... the father wants to buy a small mickey mouse unit so they can use the facilities inside. Machiam buying a country club membership.
    errr.....i actually got a fren tat does tat....he bot a smallest unit in the Minton for wkends only so as to enjoy the facilities....tats wat he told me...i was like....hmmm

he said....'tan tio'....pay the least quantum and maintenance fee but goto enjoy all the same facilities....lol

errr.....i actually got a fren tat does tat....he bot a smallest unit in the Minton for wkends only so as to enjoy the facilities....tats wat he told me...i was like....hmmm

he said....'tan tio'....pay the least quantum and maintenance fee but goto enjoy all the same facilities....lol
    rich ppl in heartlands really think different from those "up" class ppl living in those traditional "up" class districts

best if can rent to PR's...

Then come back and collect rent and use the facilities.

That's why avoid MM condo's.

humping pad? ( no offense ) interesting friend u got who couldn't resist '3 worlds' concept. 3worlds+1heaven

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah! Luckily I always avoid those condos that even have some MM units (anything <700 sqft) (even though the condo estate have some are big units)!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    best if can rent to PR's...

Then come back and collect rent and use the facilities.

That's why avoid MM condo's.
    it will apply to all all types of unit....go and collect rent and use facilities??? any landlords does tat here?

bring kids, family, friends, maids,......

it will apply to all all types of unit....go and collect rent and use facilities??? any landlords does tat here?
    Wa ..envy you man!
    You got a few properties to go swimming and jogging every month Can choose...

Property_owner even more shiok .. it will probably take him near 1 year to finish jogging/swimming in each of his condo even if he does it every week.

From BT article on Jalan Eunos site today, "Analysts also highlighted that Far East's recent success at The Greenwich condo in the Seletar Hills area could also have spurred it to place a more optimistic bid (for Jalan Eunos site) yesterday. Since Aug 2, it has sold 216 units (one, two and three bedders) at an average selling price of $1,065 psf."

As long as the government sets a population target of 6.5 million to provide a pool of tenants, there will still be demand for mass market 2-bed condo (< $1 mil). Reason is as follows:

Average household income (2 working adults in their 40s and 1 child): $7400
    Less (1 child): -$1000
    Less (food): -$1000
    Less (parents): -$800
    Less (bills & insurance): -$600
    Less (transport): -$500
    Less (misc): -$500
    Savings: $3000

So if this family is still able to buy a condo, while renting out the existing 4-room HDB for $2500 p.m. (assuming already stayed for more than 5 years). I still see demand at current price for new 2 bed mass market condo due to ability to rent out the HDB or existing condo. They will probably view it as an investment for their child.

MCST rules generally do not allow Landlords to use facilities of a condo if their unit is leased out. Must hope the MCST is lax if want to buy a condo for this purpose or leave the unit vacant. Otherwise taking a chance.

I am rather unfamiliar with HDB ruling. Do you mean renting out the entire 4-room HDB unit? Has the restriction on owner has to stay in at least of the rooms lifted?
    As long as the government sets a population target of 6.5 million to provide a pool of tenants, there will still be demand for mass market 2-bed condo (< $1 mil). Reason is as follows:

Average household income (2 working adults in their 40s and 1 child): $7400
    Less (1 child): -$1000
    Less (food): -$1000
    Less (parents): -$800
    Less (bills & insurance): -$600
    Less (transport): -$500
    Less (misc): -$500
    Savings: $3000

So if this family is still able to buy a condo, while renting out the existing 4-room HDB for $2500 p.m. (assuming already stayed for more than 5 years). I still see demand at current price for new 2 bed mass market condo due to ability to rent out the HDB or existing condo. They will probably view it as an investment for their child.

It will apply to all types of units, but let's assume there are 100,000 sqft gross floor area to sell. Developers can build:
    1) 83 units x 1200 sqft (3BR)
    2) 250 units x 400 sqft (MM)

Each MM stays 2 people, each 3BR stays 4 people, this means:
    1) 3BR -> 664 people may use the facilities
    2) MM -> 1000 people may use the facilities!
    So, there will be terrible over-crowding for condo estate with MM units!

It will apply to all types of units, but let's assume there are 100,000 sqft gross floor area to sell. Developers can build:
    1) 83 units x 1200 sqft (3BR)
    2) 250 units x 400 sqft (MM)

Each MM stays 2 people, each 3BR stays 4 people, this means:
    1) 3BR -> 531 people (reduced by 20% because they are too young to use the facilities) may use the facilities
    2) MM -> 1000 people (all adults!) may use the facilities!
    So, there will be terrible over-crowding for condo estate with MM units!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I am rather unfamiliar with HDB ruling. Do you mean renting out the entire 4-room HDB unit? Has the restriction on owner has to stay in at least of the rooms lifted?
    As long as you satisfy the following conditions. Quite easily done for couples in their late 30s onwards.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p....t?OpenDocument

Thks. Got it now.
    As long as you satisfy the following conditions. Quite easily done for couples in their late 30s onwards.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p....t?OpenDocument

I honestly think this project is way overpriced. The Aerospace story is over-sold.

Think got leylong sale coming up 23 Oct Sat, brunch and drinks will be served.

unlikely leylong sale, thot they sold 20+ units last mth @ median of $13XX psf

Quote Originally Posted by d_p
    Think got leylong sale coming up 23 Oct Sat, brunch and drinks will be served.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    unlikely leylong sale, thot they sold 20+ units last mth @ median of $13XX psf
    Wow impressive! $13xx psf .Lookslike ppl are still willing to pay high price for project away from mrt. Can't really understand, what's so good about the place coz some units directly facing the telecoms bldg and yet snapup. .

Is that old telecom building still in use? think the 13xx psf is mainly from the 1 bedders...

Quote Originally Posted by d_p
    Wow impressive! $13xx psf .Lookslike ppl are still willing to pay high price for project away from mrt. Can't really understand, what's so good about the place coz some units directly facing the telecoms bldg and yet snapup. .

FEO very hiong in upping their prices...

It is indeed comforting to know Greenwich selling at $13xx psf. I had initially regretted buying my 2-bedder at cube 8 at $1300 psf. But the high price tag and take-up for new launches (despite the Aug 30 measures) just reassured me that I am not the biggest sucker of this real estate bubble