Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastwood, it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    Eastwood area got regular plane noise.

Maybe too near airport routes.
    The sound generated by the planes on the landing approach is alot more quieter than MRT trains.

I quite like watching planes doing the approach from the comfort of my sofa. .

东方

User Info Menu

Default whoa

EASTWOOD REGENCY* EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 588,000 409 Strata 1,438 Jun-11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    EASTWOOD REGENCY* EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 588,000 409 Strata 1,438 Jun-11
    Incredible pricing for Eastwood area. Eastwood Green, Fairmount, Laguna 88 (all leasehold) are still transacting below $800psf.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    Incredible pricing for Eastwood area. Eastwood Green, Fairmount, Laguna 88 (all leasehold) are still transacting below $800psf.
    Yeah, but take a first hand look at these developments.. they are basically small projects that are pretty jaded.

Junior

User Info Menu

The sound generated by the planes on the landing approach is alot more quieter than MRT trains.

I quite like watching planes doing the approach from the comfort of my sofa. .
    Hi! your post was about about 6 months ago when Singapore was in the NE monsoons, this means that the aeroplanes land facing NE approaching from the South.

Now that Singapore is in the SW monsoons and therefore takes off in the SW direction, can we get an update of the noise level of aeroplanes taking off? I think it is would be much be noisier than an MRT.

Someone told me that at night it is even worse because the flights at night are mainly the longer haul Europe departures. They are therefore are heavier and more power is needed to get them into the air, so they generate more noise.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Hi! your post was about about 6 months ago when Singapore was in the NE monsoons, this means that the aeroplanes land facing NE approaching from the South.

Now that Singapore is in the SW monsoons and therefore takes off in the SW direction, can we get an update of the noise level of aeroplanes taking off? I think it is would be much be noisier than an MRT.

Someone told me that at night it is even worse because the flights at night are mainly the longer haul Europe departures. They are therefore are heavier and more power is needed to get them into the air, so they generate more noise.

Cheers!
    No, you dont generally hear the noise of the jet engines. I have yet to notice any sound perhaps only twice when i left home for work at 6.30am and i notice the planes climbing with the "ooooo" sound.

It is definitely a lot more quiet than the MRT (less frequent that is for sure).

I suggest you drop by for dinner at the Bedok Hawker or Eastwood Centre Hongkong restaurant to have a feel of the area and listen for the planes.

User Info Menu

No, you dont generally hear the noise of the jet engines. I have yet to notice any sound perhaps only twice when i left home for work at 6.30am and i notice the planes climbing with the "ooooo" sound.

It is definitely a lot more quiet than the MRT (less frequent that is for sure).

I suggest you drop by for dinner at the Bedok Hawker or Eastwood Centre Hongkong restaurant to have a feel of the area and listen for the planes.
    Confirm plane noise is almost non-existent in this area.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Confirm plane noise is almost non-existent in this area.
    I wouldn't say it is non-existent. It depends on your sensitivity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Yeah, but take a first hand look at these developments.. they are basically small projects that are pretty jaded.
    I will agree with you in a way - design wise, you can't match the newer ones. But what you have units that are squarish and not planter boxes.

I would say maintenance well, they are not too shabby considering these projects are already hitting 12 years old.

Junior

User Info Menu

Ok thanks for the update.

I have heard of Stratford Court residents complaining of either or both the MRT and aeroplane noise depending on their facing. Some have even described that the vibrations from the jets make the windows rattle(only at night for some reason), but I guess that was probably an exaggeration.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Well actually at this time of the year when airplanes are taking off, they generally use the further runway that is 20C. The take off path may be heard by NSRCC whilst the other runway is generally used for landing, so there isn't much airplane noise around Eastwood area, hope that helps... So if u wanna see planes landing, now is a good time to head down to changi beach

Senior

User Info Menu

I came by the reverse way, Katong and slowly eastward.

I almost settled for Palmwoods at Simpang Bedok. But was just too noisy at night.
    was it because of all the eateries??...what about a quiter facing unit..i also eyeing the place...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    was it because of all the eateries??...what about a quiter facing unit..i also eyeing the place...
    Yes, mainly due to the eateries that operate late into the night. You should drop by to have a look-see at 1am-2am on a Friday, Saturday night. Buzzing with activities.

The more serene units are those that are facing Upper Changi Road. But they are seldom offered on the market.

This unit looks promising:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-palmwoods

东方

User Info Menu

New launch soon in Simpang Bedok

User Info Menu

It fh, near potential mrt, good view, but 700k for studio is madness
    Madness....it the first projt i c in my earlier house hunting

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if higher by another 3storey den goodie lor...can see golf course after the trees rite

btw so fast TOP liao?

tis is wat i call bubble if any1 bite it
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...stwood-regency

mutant powerpuff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    It fh, near potential mrt, good view, but 700k for studio is madness
    Madness....it the first projt i c in my earlier house hunting
    Agree, that is insane!
    Won't pay this price in this location.
    What ever happened to basic's prediction?

User Info Menu

I think the palmwoods listed at property guru is very nice leh!
    how come until now still no takers? so weird!

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    I think the upcoming East Village opposite may give it a boost and inject some new interest. A collateral benefit.

Junior

User Info Menu

Weird? ... haha, there are many weirder... like for example Bishan 8, centrally located, minutes to town, next to MRT, near Junction 8, library, coffee shops, supermarket....etc. Yet seperated from HDB by a road thereby preserving some "private property" feel.

Cheaper psf than WT! 3 bedders asking for under $1.5M negotiable some more.

Alas... this is the phenomenon of new launch over resale. How long can the developers keep pushing the prices before "investors" start to notice this anomaly?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet

东方

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Weird? ... haha, there are many weirder... like for example Bishan 8, centrally located, minutes to town, next to MRT, near Junction 8, library, coffee shops, supermarket....etc. Yet seperated from HDB by a road thereby preserving some "private property" feel.

Cheaper psf than WT! 3 bedders asking for under $1.5M negotiable some more.

Alas... this is the phenomenon of new launch over resale. How long can the developers keep pushing the prices before "investors" start to notice this anomaly?
    People who bite new launches now are not true blue nor savvy investors.

Reply to Thread