Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eastwood, it is.

Default Eastwood, it is.

After much deliberation and looking around (from Geylang, to Hougang, to Simei and Flora Rd), I have finally signed the papers for a unit in Eastwood Green for own stay - a home for my young family. Would have prefered living on higher floors but the missus prefer the Eastwod location.

Thanks to fellow forumers for the advice and tips.

Next up, ERL at Eastwood perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    After much deliberation and looking around (from Geylang, to Hougang, to Simei and Flora Rd), I have finally signed the papers for a unit in Eastwood Green for own stay - a home for my young family. Would have prefered living on higher floors but the missus prefer the Eastwod location.

Thanks to fellow forumers for the advice and tips.

Next up, ERL at Eastwood perhaps?
    Eastwood is a tranquil and quaint location. Freehold? If so then great. As a few of the boutique developments there are 99LH.

one project called eastwood smthing... priced at a super ridiculous pricing

their studio was priced at 1200-1300psf!!!

Eastwood Regency by Fragrance Group?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Eastwood is a tranquil and quaint location. Freehold? If so then great. As a few of the boutique developments there are 99LH.
    Unfortunately, the 10 year old Eastwood Green is a 99LH development.

Freehold in D16 is beyond my budget. Country Park (a FH development just across the road) is hitting $950psf. Likewise, FH boutique apartments further down Upper East Coast Road (Bleu@East Coast, Calypso, Venezio, Idyllic East) are also around the same $950psf price bracket.

It would be Eastwood Regency. Visited the showflat 2 weeks ago. A 1170 sqft 2rm Penthouse unit is asking for $1.2mil (discounted rate).

*double post*

agree....expensive for no reason,,,

east wood is a good location, with eateries, cold storage and hawker cente ..i started my ppty hunt from there before settled for katong areas

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    east wood is a good location, with eateries, cold storage and hawker cente ..i started my ppty hunt from there before settled for katong areas
    I came by the reverse way, Katong and slowly eastward.

I almost settled for Palmwoods at Simpang Bedok. But was just too noisy at night.

I came by the reverse way, Katong and slowly eastward.

I almost settled for Palmwoods at Simpang Bedok. But was just too noisy at night.
    palmwoods laggard in pricing for obvious reasons

did u try to hunt for a unit there tat doesnt face the food stalls?

palmwoods laggard in pricing for obvious reasons

did u try to hunt for a unit there tat doesnt face the food stalls?
    Yes i did. Although the facing was better (Upper Changi Rd instead of Bedok Rd), the entire Simpang Bedok area in the night hours is really not very suitable for peace and quiet living.

I went three times to Simpang Bedok, twice on weekends and once on a weekday. All three times past midnight. It's great to grab a late night bite (prata, satay, etc), but you will need to live with the biker groups and teens hanging out at the karaoke joint and LAN Gaming store. There's even a pub at the corner of the shopping complex.

I reckon Aspial Group (who purchased Changi Complex through enbloc) and FEO (who owns Bedok Shopping Complex) must have some plans to transform Simpang Bedok in the next 10 years. But i don't think it will improve from the current night scene.

Default http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1065920/1/.html

Residents of Eastwood Terrace harassed by loan sharks
    By Evelyn Choo | Posted: 26 June 2010 2240 hrs

SINGAPORE: A private estate has become the latest target of loan sharks. Eight units at Eastwood Terrace in Bedok were vandalised in what's believed to be the first reported case of loan shark harassment at a private estate.

42-year-old American, Wesley Heiser, was eager to move in to his new place at Eastwood Terrace until vandals crept into the district and left a mess.

The resident at Eastwood Terrace said: "My wife and I decided to make Singapore our permanent home and so we made our first home purchase. The purchase was completed two days ago. Within the past two days, the house has been painted twice and we didn't know that the seller had owed money to illegal moneylenders."

Bags of red paint were splashed at neighbouring houses and cars.

The vandals left notes all over the road which read "Because of her, this happened".

Neighbours said this isn't the first time the unit has been vandalised.

Jasmine Siew, immediate neighbour of Mr Heiser, said: "Two or three days back, while we were driving out, we saw this bag of paint at our new neighbour's house. So we were quite puzzled."

Residents are taking no risks. One unit even installed security cameras.

James Yap, resident, Eastwood Terrace, said: "If nobody were to create a deterrent for them, then definitely they'll get bolder. Because if they see you have touched up your place and made good again, then they'll come again.

“So for us, there's only so much we can do to protect ourselves. Short of hiring a security guard in front of our house, we are but sitting ducks and waiting for them to abuse us."

Neighbours described the previous owners to be cold and inconsiderate.

Some had made complaints to the Police about their noisy mahjong activities in the night.

Residents said they often saw a middle-aged woman, her husband, and two men in their twenties in the house.

They also had three cars which residents said were often indiscriminately parked."
    Ms Siew added: "I think it's very unfair to all of us especially to the new neighbour because they just bought the house without knowing anything about the old neighbour. And for us, we are not very close to the old neighbour so we couldn't contact her at all."

Police have been notified of the incident and are investigating the matter. - CNA/vm
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

a pity.... eastwood is quite and serene...loanshark now spoilt it all.
    i thot loanshark is usually HDB problem.... now even terrace house kanna

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    a pity.... eastwood is quite and serene...loanshark now spoilt it all.
    i thot loanshark is usually HDB problem.... now even terrace house kanna
    the previous owner at the eastwood terrace must have loaned quite a huge sum of money.

AMAZING view from Eastwood Regency I won't mind paying for!

if higher by another 3storey den goodie lor...can see golf course after the trees rite

btw so fast TOP liao?

tis is wat i call bubble if any1 bite it
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...stwood-regency

Fantastic view, is this 1 of the penthouses?

Eastwood area got regular plane noise.

Maybe too near airport routes.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing

LOL, i visit a friend regularly at Eastwood. Maybe i am getting on age and a bit deaf but WHAT PLANE NOISE?

That place is serene and quiet. Near to good food, east coast and a good jogging track at the park. Too bad though, he just sold his house.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing

The sound generated by the planes on the landing approach is alot more quieter than MRT trains.

I quite like watching planes doing the approach from the comfort of my sofa. .

Default whoa

EASTWOOD REGENCY* EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 588,000 409 Strata 1,438 Jun-11

EASTWOOD REGENCY* EASTWOOD ROAD Apartment 1 588,000 409 Strata 1,438 Jun-11
    Incredible pricing for Eastwood area. Eastwood Green, Fairmount, Laguna 88 (all leasehold) are still transacting below $800psf.

Incredible pricing for Eastwood area. Eastwood Green, Fairmount, Laguna 88 (all leasehold) are still transacting below $800psf.
    Yeah, but take a first hand look at these developments.. they are basically small projects that are pretty jaded.

The sound generated by the planes on the landing approach is alot more quieter than MRT trains.

I quite like watching planes doing the approach from the comfort of my sofa. .
    Hi! your post was about about 6 months ago when Singapore was in the NE monsoons, this means that the aeroplanes land facing NE approaching from the South.

Now that Singapore is in the SW monsoons and therefore takes off in the SW direction, can we get an update of the noise level of aeroplanes taking off? I think it is would be much be noisier than an MRT.

Someone told me that at night it is even worse because the flights at night are mainly the longer haul Europe departures. They are therefore are heavier and more power is needed to get them into the air, so they generate more noise.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Hi! your post was about about 6 months ago when Singapore was in the NE monsoons, this means that the aeroplanes land facing NE approaching from the South.

Now that Singapore is in the SW monsoons and therefore takes off in the SW direction, can we get an update of the noise level of aeroplanes taking off? I think it is would be much be noisier than an MRT.

Someone told me that at night it is even worse because the flights at night are mainly the longer haul Europe departures. They are therefore are heavier and more power is needed to get them into the air, so they generate more noise.

Cheers!
    No, you dont generally hear the noise of the jet engines. I have yet to notice any sound perhaps only twice when i left home for work at 6.30am and i notice the planes climbing with the "ooooo" sound.

It is definitely a lot more quiet than the MRT (less frequent that is for sure).

I suggest you drop by for dinner at the Bedok Hawker or Eastwood Centre Hongkong restaurant to have a feel of the area and listen for the planes.

No, you dont generally hear the noise of the jet engines. I have yet to notice any sound perhaps only twice when i left home for work at 6.30am and i notice the planes climbing with the "ooooo" sound.

It is definitely a lot more quiet than the MRT (less frequent that is for sure).

I suggest you drop by for dinner at the Bedok Hawker or Eastwood Centre Hongkong restaurant to have a feel of the area and listen for the planes.
    Confirm plane noise is almost non-existent in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Confirm plane noise is almost non-existent in this area.
    I wouldn't say it is non-existent. It depends on your sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Yeah, but take a first hand look at these developments.. they are basically small projects that are pretty jaded.
    I will agree with you in a way - design wise, you can't match the newer ones. But what you have units that are squarish and not planter boxes.

I would say maintenance well, they are not too shabby considering these projects are already hitting 12 years old.

Ok thanks for the update.

I have heard of Stratford Court residents complaining of either or both the MRT and aeroplane noise depending on their facing. Some have even described that the vibrations from the jets make the windows rattle(only at night for some reason), but I guess that was probably an exaggeration.

Cheers!