Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

i could still remember visiting the showroom at The Arte a year ago and the psf for a 3BR was ranging between $800-$900+

a year later, located about a minute's drive away, we have this development priced at a premium of at least 60%.

moral of the story - propertism rules and kicks ass!!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Sure, in the disease centre you have highest chance of catching the disease. Outside of the centre, it is where the nurses' home are and hang around that will determine how many people they get into contact with and who they spread to. Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway. They are more likely to be spreading in some HDB / mass market housing estates. If there are diseases that can spread from human to human (and when that can happen it is material where you are such as SARS which can spread to HK, US, SG, everywhere).
    On the other hand, if you have any other emergency, staying close to hospitals will save your life and you from permanent disabilities. That is a fact (regardless of whether you want to accept or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Aiyoh. That is so lame lah. Those nurses caught their SARS at TTSH area lah. Goodness me. They may move around, but it doesn't change the fact they caught their viruses at the hospital where they are most exposed to the virus. Whatever. No point discussing this. We're talking about RISK - which area has higher risk - that's all. Of course the disease center will have the highest risk of catching any outbreak lah. But whether people will catch it or not is another matter.

If living around disease center is such an important consideration, how come none of the brochures go around marketing these projects are surrounded by hospitals and the largest disease center 1 and disease center 2 in Singapore? Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway.
    wah, if a pretty nurse married a rich surgeon leh?

On the other hand, if you have any other emergency, staying close to hospitals will save your life and you from permanent disabilities. That is a fact (regardless of whether you want to accept or not).
    this i agreed, life is more previous when ppl hv multiple ppty.

A lot of the foreign nurses (most nurses are foreign) rent in the neighbouhood and not far away in Changi - a few of them could rent a unit.

Stop being lame. I've nothing against Soleil or the condos around the Communicable Disease Centers. I'm just stating staying near Communicable Disease Center is a MINUS point. Every project has plus and minus points - no need to get so defensive right? As long as the good points overwhelm the bad points, it's ok. There's no need to keep arguing that everyone loves staying near disease center and it is a PLUS point - it sounds really lame. I'm sure there are other redeeming features that makes this location attractive - no need to keep harping how everyone loves to stay near disease center.

Sure, in the disease centre you have highest chance of catching the disease. Outside of the centre, it is where the nurses' home are and hang around that will determine how many people they get into contact with and who they spread to. Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway. They are more likely to be spreading in some HDB / mass market housing estates. If there are diseases that can spread from human to human (and when that can happen it is material where you are such as SARS which can spread to HK, US, SG, everywhere).

Anyway the old CDC will be moving away soon. The land is zoned for residential use.

Don't understand your logic here. I am saying good points about staying near hospitals in Novena area and you start saying about the communicable disease centre near TTSH and that it is bad to live nearby there. I said the nurses can't afford to stay in the novena area and hence CDC & their nurses doesn't affect Novena area and you are now telling me that foreign nurses in Changi rent in the neighourhood and not far away in Changi? What has CDC to do with Changi?
    When did I said people like to live near disease centre? I only said people like to stay near hospitals especially the Novena area with TTSH and Novena Medical Centre and up & coming Parkway Novena Hospital, that is why the private property prices there are so much more expensive than else where. Another good example is the property prices in Cairnhill around Mt Elizabeth Hospital which are also more expensive compared to those along Kiliney Road in Orchard. I said Apple & you said Orange. Who is the one barking up the wrong tree? By the way, the CDC nearby still doesn't affect the prices in Novena & Newton! You sour grape want to talk down the price there to buy cheap cheap is it?

A lot of the foreign nurses (most nurses are foreign) rent in the neighbouhood and not far away in Changi - a few of them could rent a unit.

Stop being lame. I've nothing against Soleil or the condos around the Communicable Disease Centers. I'm just stating staying near Communicable Disease Center is a MINUS point. Every project has plus and minus points - no need to get so defensive right? As long as the good points overwhelm the bad points, it's ok. There's no need to keep arguing that everyone loves staying near disease center and it is a PLUS point - it sounds really lame. I'm sure there are other redeeming features that makes this location attractive - no need to keep harping how everyone loves to stay near disease center.

Read through the thread. It started with H10N10 (its a communicable disease ok?) and about rushing to the disease center in TTSH first. Obviously there are hospitals everywhere lah - but there is only one disease center handling the likes of SARS and H1N1. For goodness sake. I would like to think like others that you're just kidding but looks like you have no credibility.

Read your own post below. I didn't even say it's a bad area. It's just when someone mention about diseases, you started about how much you love to be able to go TTSH when you get H10N10. Whatever, you're written off - no credibility.

If H10N10 hits, that areas residents the safest to guarantee a place for recovery because they can rushed to TTSH first. those late too bad, die outside with no proper medical care and spread to family members, neighbours, relatives and friends etc.
    Same for those who got heart attack there over those having heart attack in Sentosa (for e.g. or East Coast, stuck in bad traffic jam trying to get to get to hospital).

Ok lah, we all know who has better credibility.
    The one who keep harping about the CDC and how bad it is to be staying near the CDC and started about H10N10 spreading in Singapore??
    Never mind, regardless of what you said, the private property prices around the CDC is still going up. Give up your desperate attempt lah!

Read through the thread. It started with H10N10 (its a communicable disease ok?) and about rushing to the disease center in TTSH first. Obviously there are hospitals everywhere lah - but there is only one disease center handling the likes of SARS and H1N1. For goodness sake. I would like to think like others that you're just kidding but looks like you have no credibility.

Read your own post below. I didn't even say it's a bad area. It's just when someone mention about diseases, you started about how much you love to be able to go TTSH when you get H10N10. Whatever, you're written off - no credibility.

BTW, move where?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Anyway the old CDC will be moving away soon. The land is zoned for residential use.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Of course, when Novena price increase much, sure government will move away this CDC and lease this huge land to take big profit. No point holding this CDC in such Prime area. That`s matter of time.

Actually Novena is the only place in Prime which has large empty and undeveloped government owned-land. They were all zoned for residential use in MaterPlan.
    There will be quite huge project which will push up all nearby Novena house prices.

When I rented out my unit in Novena area, people were from nearly 10 different countries, and when I said there were number of hospitals nearby, almost everybody felt relieved and safe, and some japanese and Aussy people were even happy!!
    What they only cared is how far from Novena MRT.

Most of condo in Novena area are chosen for investment purpose, and this area is best for that. That`s why house prices are keeping up & up.

If you don`t believe, visit malls in Novena on Sunday afternoon, then you know how much ambience was changed. It is so brisk and fun and nothign with hospital things! A lot of activities are organized by malls every weekends, like Sports, Concert and Performances!
    You got no chances to bump into those hanging-out Filipinoes, but will see people so relaxed drinking day-beer outside of Harry`s bar.
    Last edited by trump7; 25-06-10 at 05:04.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    According to Kim Eng Research this morning, they understand that it could possibly be launched around end june.

so maybe 30th june to 2 july preview?
    A Business Times article dated June 25 stated the following:

"And within a few weeks, City Developments is expected to soft-launch 368 Thomson on the former Concorde Residence site. Prices in the 26-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-$1,500 psf."

So I think it will be launched sometime in July now.

Passed-by the site this morning and saw the lights in the show-room were turned-on. The exterior of the show-suite looked pretty much a finished product.

yeah, i read this BT article which also mentioned today's preview of waterfront gold. maybe if city dev see response is good will launch it next week afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    A Business Times article dated June 25 stated the following:

"And within a few weeks, City Developments is expected to soft-launch 368 Thomson on the former Concorde Residence site. Prices in the 26-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-$1,500 psf."

So I think it will be launched sometime in July now.

Passed-by the site this morning and saw the lights in the show-room were turned-on. The exterior of the show-suite looked pretty much a finished product.

seems like preview is on 8th july. 2 weeks to go.

This development is partially shielded by the traffic noise from the PIE by Cube 8. It is quite well design with the carpark block acting as a buffer between the residential block and the neighbouring block. This is worth looking at, I think.

anyone here doing the guessing game agian.

how long will it take to reach 'sold out' status?

The Business Times reported today (June 28) that developers of Waterfront Gold had sold, as at Sunday June 27, 68 of the 150 units launched. Nothing was specifically mentioned on the average price achieved from these 68 units. Again, it was stated that the project is priced at $950 psf on average.

The cheapest unit sold was about $555,000 for a 581 sq ft one-bedder on the 2nd level. The two penthouses released were sold at an average price of about $1,025 psf or $2.1 million each.

Wonder whether CDL will proceed to launch The Concorde next week after knowing the sales results of Waterfront Gold?

i think they will still try to preview on 8th July. afterall, huttons agents are claiming cheques flowing in and "in the form of ballot" hahaha

The Business Times reported today (June 28) that developers of Waterfront Gold had sold, as at Sunday June 27, 68 of the 150 units launched. Nothing was specifically mentioned on the average price achieved from these 68 units. Again, it was stated that the project is priced at $950 psf on average.

The cheapest unit sold was about $555,000 for a 581 sq ft one-bedder on the 2nd level. The two penthouses released were sold at an average price of about $1,025 psf or $2.1 million each.

Wonder whether CDL will proceed to launch The Concorde next week after knowing the sales results of Waterfront Gold?

also, last weekend still school holidays mah, july is the time to whack out all the launches before chinese seventh month. they will be happy even if they sell 50 or 60 units.

Are they going to ballot the "Treehouse" style which I still do not understand how was it? Someone told me that potential buyers had to ballot for the unit they had shortlisted. How to conduct and manage this type of balloting man!?!

Or the VVIPs just ballot to see who get into the showroom first as in the case of Cube 8?

i am not sure, could be either way. but firstly, are u sure balloting is needed?

i think the treehouse style is, supposing more than 1 buyer indicated interest for a particular unit, they will ballot for that particular unit? put in all the cheques into a box and conduct lucky draw.

Are they going to ballot the "Treehouse" style which I still do not understand how was it? Someone told me that potential buyers had to ballot for the unit they had shortlisted. How to conduct and manage this type of balloting man!?!

Or the VVIPs just ballot to see who get into the showroom first as in the case of Cube 8?

Huttons very "hiong" one. Treehouse is ballot-to-queue which is to see who go into the showflat first - similar to 76 Shenton. And cheques have to be submitted in order to go into the balloting box. This should be using the same method. Typical Huttons style

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i am not sure, could be either way. but firstly, are u sure balloting is needed?
    Full agreed. Logically should not require balloting under the current demand situation.

But then market, in particular, the buyers may not necessarily behave in a logical manner!

Huttons very "hiong" one. Treehouse is ballot-to-queue which is to see who go into the showflat first - similar to 76 Shenton. And cheques have to be submitted in order to go into the balloting box. This should be using the same method. Typical Huttons style
    I agree and disagree to the statement.. Certain projects really needed to submit in order for 'securing'. This method is used by every agent.. Not only huttons.. Don get me wrong.. i am not from huttons though i am an agt too but i have to say this in favour for the agency. Every marketing agency will use this tactic.. But those gd projects really need cheques to submit for 'securing' yr choice units.. As most known, pte properties buyers who make profit normally are those VVIP preview when early bird discount comes in handy..

Balloting is one of the best marketing manoevre invented in modern property sales!

Agents convince people to just put in a cheque to go into the showflat, dont buy its ok one. This is true.

BUT BUT BUT! once there are enough of these "put in cheques only" people, it inevitably form a queue which agents can then brag to each other and their clients of the "demand".

I once went to a recent "enter by cheque" showflat. Got in, took my time to look see. Overhear agent telling this poor uncle "your #10-03 got people very interested, you want to quickly book first then see showflat?" Uncle panicked and quickly followed the agent to do up the option! And the end of the whole affair, the development collected more than 170 cheques for abt 100 units released .. and guess what ? only sold less than 30 units ...

Seasoned players know when to buy, but I do pity the amatuers who fall prey to such gimmicks. I really think the government should step in to allow these poor buyers a "cooling off period" of say 1 week to allow them to return the option and get a refund. Those who qualify are 1) First time buyer 2) People who have not bought a private property for the last 3 years 3) People who qualify under the Lehman Brothers refund scheme also can.

Just sharing my thoughts, while agents are busy earning that $5-10K, do they ever think that the buyers are undertaking a lifetime risk ? Usually they dont.

So, invest with care!

DKSG

Looks much better than the Arte.

land quite big but no tennis court...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    land quite big but no tennis court...
    No sky terraces also. Thought these are the IN things now for new developments.

Saw from the ST Classified Ads today that preview will be 3 days from now. So the preview is on Thur or Friday

A hutton's email i received, "368 Thomson by CDL has set a confirm date that the preview will be on 9 July 2010. Cheque submission cut off will be on 8 July 3pm." u are right on both days.

Saw from the ST Classified Ads today that preview will be 3 days from now. So the preview is on Thur or Friday