Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It is quite slum-like lah. Just drive in the "groves" and "drives" and u will know the condition of the houses there. Sometimes people don't ask themselves why buy landed? If your so-called landed house bedroom has no windows, is it a nice environment? If your so-called landed house has no garden and rooms have no windows, why bother? And why is the landed at Serangoon Gardens only 650-700psf while most other area including other suburbs are very close to 800-900psf? There is a reason for everything. That probably explains why the "Scala" can command a $1150 psf while those Serangoon Gardens windowless inter-terrace only transact at 700psf. Not forgetting those landed has no facilities, no views no gardens no windows, no ventilation. Just sharing another point of view.

And I just think why bother with such slum-like windowless home? If buy landed, buy a real one which is a minumum semi detached. Those inter-terrace - don't waste time unless you're that desperate. Quality of life counts as well. A bedroom with no windows? No way.

sorry

pls explain what you mean by NO WONDOWS ?

which room in which landed house have no wondows ?

be it single or double storey ..inter terrace or semi D ..the bedrooms sure have window ?

unless the rooms are situated in the middle of the house .. then the only opening is the door .. but i dont think this is so common until the whole estate becomes 'slum' or windowless estate ya ?

inter terrace almost always have the rooms located front and back ..so the rooms will definitely have a window ..

i seriously dont understand what you mean NO WINDOW

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    sorry

be it single or double storey ..inter terrace or semi D ..the bedrooms sure have window ?

unless the rooms are situated in the middle of the house .. then the only opening is the door .. but i dont think this is so common until the whole estate becomes 'slum' or windowless estate ya ?

inter terrace almost always have the rooms located front and back ..so the rooms will definitely have a window ..

It's a horror story book.

No Door, No Windows by Joe Schreiber is, at its heart, a haunted house story; although it might be more accurate to say it is a haunted character story.

The novel is filled with characters who cannot escape their pasts, or their present, which means that their futures may be in jeopardy. Schreiber’s characters are haunted by guilt, regret, and emotional inertia as much as they are by supernatural forces. Schreiber wields both realistic and otherworldly horrors with deft and subtlety in this suspenseful novel.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Why people who stay in landed properties cannot eat "simple meals"?

Even Ng Teng Fong ate $2 mee from Newton hawker centre.

Mr Ng was a tycoon who guarded his privacy jealously, and never liked to have his picture taken. As he told The Straits Times in 1981: ‘I’m an ordinary working man. And I often take my $2 mee from the Newton hawker centre after work.'
    newton hawker centre is considered a high end hawker centre!
    not surprise if he ate there cos its near his house in bukit timah...
    $2 mee in 1981 was not cheap also during that era.....

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    newton hawker centre is considered a high end hawker centre!
    not surprise if he ate there cos its near his house in bukit timah...
    $2 mee in 1981 was not cheap also during that era.....

Adam road hawker centre lagi near ...

i think average at that time 1981 was like $1.50

so you are right ..$2/- in 1981 is considered HIGH END

No Door, No Windows by Joe Schreiber is, at its heart, a haunted house story; although it might be more accurate to say it is a haunted character story.

The novel is filled with characters who cannot escape their pasts, or their present, which means that their futures may be in jeopardy. Schreiber’s characters are haunted by guilt, regret, and emotional inertia as much as they are by supernatural forces. Schreiber wields both realistic and otherworldly horrors with deft and subtlety in this suspenseful novel.

hahahah solid lah

really respect you

I am your fan

Landed has to be at least LH999. Otherwise, it is not worth it unless there have special attributes like in prime area, etc.

Hmmm didn't know KR is that expensive now. Those agents posting 850psf must be calling bluff. Anyway, yes I do agree that Lor Chuan has more Ang Mo factor due to proximity to the nice houses. The landed properties ard Kovan are more like serangoon gardens - some quite old but rapidly changing as many boutique strata units sprouting.

Note though that the American school at Lor Chuan is only a temp site. It will be moving next to 8@Woodsville in two years. On hindsight, Woodsvile condo seems like a good buy.

On landed property it really isn't easy finding a good one. We went house hunting for almost a year last year. Although prices are low but not many good ones on sale. Vs condo, there's a lot more to consider. Most times, the problem with inter terraces is that you have some really old and run down neighboring houses. But I believe in a few years, the serangoon, Kovan and balestier area's architecture and population mix will improve a lot.

By the way, the catchment area around Nex mall has one of the highest concentration of private pty population in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    latest subsale transacted for kovan residences:
    1A Kovan Road #15-06
    99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
    $1030
    $920k
    06 Jul 10

high flr 2bedder, 893sqft at 1030psf...920k

over at scala:
    better stack 2bedder high flr ard 1150psf, 850sqft, ard 980k

scala roughly around 10% higher den kovan residences now....

both shd command similar psf for similar sizes....so, kovan residences stand a good chance to hit 1150psf upon TOP which is around early next yr.

but buy now...just to make 10%...err...but existing owner to hold longer...yes

You really have to check on all days. A house adjacent was sold about 5 months ago and the owner found the roof is leaking. The other thing to look for is illegal structure. It can be dangerous and also cost money (fine by authority) and worst of all is that plan has to be submitted and if it is not approved, structures will have to be pulled down. I guess some of the better FH landed is either near sixth avenue and sennett estate where they will and are near to mrt stn respectively. May not be for adults but good for kids.

proud owner, one example is the sembawang hills estate. The 3 bedroom inter terrace there. One room is in the middle so there are no windows. The entire estate is like that. I believe casuarina and some of those in seletar have this issue as well. All developed by the same developer many years ago.

sorry, i read it twice and still cannot figure out wat u r trying to say???

anything wrong with my strategy mentioned above? u mean we shd buy and keep flipping ppty when it gets old??

by the way, i nvr say LH no good wor? i owned many LH condos...recently acquired ones mostly all 99LH...but for tat long term strategy to work...probably holding a FH ppty for 30yrs is better den a 99LH? agree?
    If the person can only effort to buy one property, then may be FH is a better bet then LH.

But if that person own multiple properties, then why you hack care it is FH or LH? Just go for location. When it accumulated enough appreciation, then sell and move on.... That is businessman mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    If the person can only effort to buy one property, then may be FH is a better bet then LH.

But if that person own multiple properties, then why you hack care it is FH or LH? Just go for location. When it accumulated enough appreciation, then sell and move on.... That is businessman mindset.
    a person's investment perspective/strategies/goals changes as time goes by...there is NO one size fits all strategies/location/investment for everyone.

i mentioned b4...if one person keep buying and selling all den buy again....he/she will gets old....tink deeper...

by the way, i am not comparing LH or FH....i am sharing one of the many ways of investment.....buy a FH and keep forever....but to keep a 99LH forever(more den 20yrs)....i will not take the risk ....better dun say 99LH no gd...den who am i going to sell my LH ppty to later...haha

Is it meant to be a storeroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    proud owner, one example is the sembawang hills estate. The 3 bedroom inter terrace there. One room is in the middle so there are no windows. The entire estate is like that. I believe casuarina and some of those in seletar have this issue as well. All developed by the same developer many years ago.

This shows that you have NEVER visited some of the landed at Serangoon Gardens or Sembawang Hills Estate.

In a Serangoon Gardens single-storey inter-terrace, 2 of the bedrooms will have no windows. The front bedroom has a window but the hall is too small and the front bedroom door will face the living hall which is horrible layout. Many will knock out the front bedroom to extend the living space. In short, all bedrooms might have no windows. I'm not kidding. That is the living conditions for the landed there. Go visit a unit when you're free.

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Is it meant to be a storeroom?
    it's a very big room. Not meant to be a storeroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    This shows that you have NEVER visited some of the landed at Serangoon Gardens or Sembawang Hills Estate.

In a Serangoon Gardens single-storey inter-terrace, 2 of the bedrooms will have no windows. The front bedroom has a window but the hall is too small and the front bedroom door will face the living hall which is horrible layout. Many will knock out the front bedroom to extend the living space. In short, all bedrooms might have no windows. I'm not kidding. That is the living conditions for the landed there. Go visit a unit when you're free.
    Bro, if you say original design built in 1950s in Ser Gdns, yes agree for inter terrace, some are like that. Normally 1 bedroom no window.

But many inter terrace there are not 1st Original state built by British anymore. Most if you buy are buying from 2nd or 3rd owner even for old looking ones which has been reno slighly before.

If u buy original 1950s state built by British last time, then basically u may need to tear them down and rebuilt...

I stay there for long time and in-laws also since 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Bro, if you say original design built in 1950s in Ser Gdns, yes agree for inter terrace, some are like that. Normally 1 bedroom no window.

But many inter terrace there are not 1st Original state built by British anymore. Most if you buy are buying from 2nd or 3rd owner even for old looking ones which has been reno slighly before.

If u buy original 1950s state built by British last time, then basically u may need to tear them down and rebuilt...

I stay there for long time and in-laws also since 1950s.
    how much $$ i nid to fork out to tear down and rebuild to a 3storey hse...let say i get one of those inter terrace of land size 1800sqft

can i start a thread on landed?? u guys/landed experts all join in ok!!

how much $$ i nid to fork out to tear down and rebuild to a 3storey hse...let say i get one of those inter terrace of land size 1800sqft

can i start a thread on landed?? u guys/landed experts all join in ok!!
    look out for this in your other thread...pass u some comments from my contractor

anywhere between 500k to 1m.

wow...u noe wat an agt from scala told me....take train from Lor Chuan can hit citihall within 15mins!!! den i say if tat the case, i take train from simei aso can hit citihall within 15mins....and u noe wat tat agt told me...from simei will take 25-30mins!! haha....telling lies without a blink...can sue them for misrepresentation? haha

mabe tats y many investors kena conned into buying scala.

That's why do your own research. Agents have their own agenda. Rather difficult to sue to them for misrepresentation unless it is in writing. My agents have given me floor plan of Scala 3 weeks ago. Still not convince on the pricing and rental yield potential.
    wow...u noe wat an agt from scala told me....take train from Lor Chuan can hit citihall within 15mins!!! den i say if tat the case, i take train from simei aso can hit citihall within 15mins....and u noe wat tat agt told me...from simei will take 25-30mins!! haha....telling lies without a blink...can sue them for misrepresentation? haha

Yes, yes. Better 'C' carefully. Otherwise, SCALA may become SALA for some.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Yes, yes. Better 'C' carefully. Otherwise, SCALA may become SALA for some.
    the name of this condo really sound funny!!

Thumbs down

never trust a salesman words...
    Btw this project really that solid???

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    That's why do your own research. Agents have their own agenda. Rather difficult to sue to them for misrepresentation unless it is in writing. My agents have given me floor plan of Scala 3 weeks ago. Still not convince on the pricing and rental yield potential.
    i visited the showflat mah...den one agt whom i toked to b4 spotted me...jus now called me asking me wana get a unit anot lor...i say exp leh...den she start to tell me all these stories....den i tell her tat this scala reminds me of Bishan 8 wor

i received so many sms'es for this project, i always delete every one instantly. 1k+ psf for this location is really crazy, especially for a 99yr. Reminds me of telok kurau with majority of the projects being freehold with a few odd 99yr projects

i visited the showflat mah...den one agt whom i toked to b4 spotted me...jus now called me asking me wana get a unit anot lor...i say exp leh...den she start to tell me all these stories....den i tell her tat this scala reminds me of Bishan 8 wor

any update on trevista? i saw their ad recently....i tink trevista is a better buy den scala even when both of them same psf.

i think trevista only left with 3 bedders and bigger last i heard some weeks back. D12 is definitely better than Lor Chuan imo. actually for that price, i would go for some old projects in D11/12 which are better buys than say new projects in ulu seletar (Greenwich) or serangoon (Scala).

any update on trevista? i saw their ad recently....i tink trevista is a better buy den scala even when both of them same psf.

Should be about 20 min. Bishan to city hall sightly over 15 min.