Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

No need 2-3 hours commuting lah Buy a car and at worse 30 minutes each way. I actually enjoy the drive to work in the morning and I don't find it a "waste" - listening to my favourite music, wind in the hair. To each his own.

I will NEVER want to live beside my office. Dunno why. When I go home, I just don't want to see my office.

If not for government regulations on min size, I'm sure the developers will start selling cages in SG. Just like HK, such cages will fetch the highest PSF for both rental and base value. As you've pointed out, there will be people who prefer to stay in cages in the city then commute to work.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah...I think many will prefer to stay in the cage within the city then to wake up early everyday and squeeze in sardine tubes to go to work and to go home...wasting 2-3hrs of their life everyday.

if your office is next to the mrt station even better. i love to take the train in the morning. sit or stand back, relax and listen to music. the impatient drivers and bad road manners amidst the jam is a pain to drive through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No need 2-3 hours commuting lah Buy a car and at worse 30 minutes each way. I actually enjoy the drive to work in the morning and I don't find it a "waste" - listening to my favourite music, wind in the hair. To each his own.

I will NEVER want to live beside my office. Dunno why. When I go home, I just don't want to see my office.

If not for government regulations on min size, I'm sure the developers will start selling cages in SG. Just like HK, such cages will fetch the highest PSF for both rental and base value. As you've pointed out, there will be people who prefer to stay in cages in the city then commute to work.
    dun work better

few have the luxury of that option.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Unless you live close to the place you work, it is more like 1-1.5 hours to drive if you live in Suburbs and work in the CBD area...

not true lah... take CTE only 20mins from AMK around 8am....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    not true lah... take CTE only 20mins from AMK around 8am....
    20 mins from AMK to where ? at 8 am

have to pay a few ERP right ?

price to pay for a smooth ride ...

during peak peak hrs....mrt definitely faster den driving....but mrt goto stand and mabe kena molest when its super duper sardine packed...although i dun really mind

yes, have to pay ERP.
    parking in CBD is paid for by company, so ERP cost is a non issue.
    i think 2 gantries at CTE plus one at CBD total cost around $7.
    for me and my wife, that's $3.50 each

sometimes, ppl only know how to complain but don't see the overall picture.
    if me and my wife were to take a bus to MRT and then MRT to work back and forth, it will cost the same.
    but takes longer, less comfort, inconvenient, etc.
    of coz ppl are also going to say must factor in petrol, road tax, etc....

but that is life isn't it? it's all about choices.
    do you drink $1 kopi every morning or $4 from starbucks?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    yes, have to pay ERP.
    parking in CBD is paid for by company, so ERP cost is a non issue.
    i think 2 gantries at CTE plus one at CBD total cost around $7.
    for me and my wife, that's $3.50 each

sometimes, ppl only know how to complain but don't see the overall picture.
    if me and my wife were to take a bus to MRT and then MRT to work back and forth, it will cost the same.
    but takes longer, less comfort, inconvenient, etc.
    of coz ppl are also going to say must factor in petrol, road tax, etc....

but that is life isn't it? it's all about choices.
    do you drink $1 kopi every morning or $4 from starbucks?
    some say take taxi cheaper

Thankfully I don't work in the CBD.....

Taxi is cheaper if it does not work out to be more than S$1000 per month. (factoring in fuel, maintenance, road tax, car park, monthly installment into the TCO of a car costing 60K).

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    some say take taxi cheaper

How can it be? Unless you stay in the north via CTE issit? For some strange reasons, my morning drive is always very smooth. Maybe because my company is very flexible and I leave my home at 9am and reach office by 9:15am. I love the drive - very smooth all the way. No, I don't like taxis. I can't stand the wait and queue for taxis. By the time my taxi comes, I would have reached the office. On the way home probably takes more time, but never more than 40 minutes during evening peak. And if I go home after 7:30pm - it would be very smooth on my way home as well. Maybe I'm lucky lah.

I love cars by the way - so maybe that's why I love the morning drive to work. It's therapeutic to me. I cannot imagine living next to my office. You miss an important aspect of life, which is "travelling" and "commuting" within your own country There're always new things to discover every day - MRT construction, new buildings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Unless you live close to the place you work, it is more like 1-1.5 hours to drive if you live in Suburbs and work in the CBD area...

How can it be? Unless you stay in the north via CTE issit? For some strange reasons, my morning drive is always very smooth. Maybe because my company is very flexible and I leave my home at 9am and reach office by 9:15am. I love the drive - very smooth all the way. No, I don't like taxis. I can't stand the wait and queue for taxis. By the time my taxi comes, I would have reached the office. On the way home probably takes more time, but never more than 40 minutes during evening peak. And if I go home after 7:30pm - it would be very smooth on my way home as well. Maybe I'm lucky lah.

I love cars by the way - so maybe that's why I love the morning drive to work. It's therapeutic to me. I cannot imagine living next to my office. You miss an important aspect of life, which is "travelling" and "commuting" within your own country There're always new things to discover every day - MRT construction, new buildings etc.
    the traffic at 8 and the traffic is VERY different. lucky you have a flexible job and hours.

Surely it's not all about money? If you really count like that, one will NEVER buy a car, let alone performance cars. When one has enough (for his or her own purpose), that is when he/she starts thinking about what stuff makes him/her happy - and that is not necessaily relating to making more money or investment returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Taxi is cheaper if it does not work out to be more than S$1000 per month. (factoring in fuel, maintenance, road tax, car park, monthly installment into the TCO of a car costing 60K).

hmm... so quiet here... thought i see many activities on site when i pass by at night during the weekend...

any Q ?

Surely it's not all about money? If you really count like that, one will NEVER buy a car, let alone performance cars. When one has enough (for his or her own purpose), that is when he/she starts thinking about what stuff makes him/her happy - and that is not necessaily relating to making more money or investment returns.
    Correct... when one has enough to live on without working, say 100 years old.... the excess money beyond that is for splurgingggg....... who live forver? just enjoy it while it last. Bill Gates, Warran Buffet choses to "throw away" their money to others instead of their kids ...

any comments/review on this project? is it a waste of time to go down?

Yup. You are right. However, we have to know the numbers at the back of our head and it helps when you just started work.

People only look at making themselves happy when they have worked a while and their wallets get thicker...

The land used to be part of NYJC right?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The land used to be part of NYJC right?

really ?

NYJC ground is not that big actually ..

I believe there was NYJC's football field where the project sits.

I think not the actual field with the running track but the weekend warrior's field.

Actually the best plot of land there should be where NYJC building is because it is on a raised plot of land.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I believe there was NYJC's football field where the project sits.

I heard this one is sure sell-out one because of the MRT station. Nowadays any condo in the suburbs near MRT station sells better than those prime properties not near MRT station. The name of the condo is interesting - it's like a fusion between "secali" and "sala".

So Scala = secali sala = secali wrong buy? What a name...

here... the devil puts it on the plate

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u all vy notti!

i wud rather they use old fashioned names like chuan residences...

definition of Scala

Scala

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Look up scala in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Scala may refer to:
    • SCALA, the Student Chapter of the American Library Association
    • FF Scala and FF Scala Sans, typefaces by Dutch typeface designer Martin Majoor
    • Scala Sancta or Holy Stairs, a staircase in Rome, Italy
    • One of several fluid-filled cavities in the cochlea
    • Scala (unit), a unit of area equal to 1,600 square yards (1,300 m2), used in Cyprus, 20th century
    In music:In computing:Entertainment establishments:Places:People:Snails:

a new definition for my nickname: devil on the plate

I understand today is the actual launch day, for "real" VIPs and "insiders" so to speak.

this forum is surprisingly quiet. a new big 470 unit condo near MRT and Serangoon area should have a lot of interest...

maybe most of them had been absorbed by Minton already... this one is in a better location though

this forum has been quiet for a long time and is no longer representative of actual sales. the haig 162 thread was pretty quiet too but that still sold most of its units in a day. we need one of the forumers here to go down tomorrow and update us on the sales stats.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I understand today is the actual launch day, for "real" VIPs and "insiders" so to speak.

this forum is surprisingly quiet. a new big 470 unit condo near MRT and Serangoon area should have a lot of interest...

maybe most of them had been absorbed by Minton already... this one is in a better location though

I wouldn't be surprise if the 2 bedders are the first to move. Size wise it's still liveable, price wise, I'm not so excited based on the guided price. 3 and 4 bedder size a bit squeezy.

when PPI is at all time high, lots of people sit on the side lines...
    No harm anyway... since under construction.
    What's the hurry?