Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I understand today is the actual launch day, for "real" VIPs and "insiders" so to speak.

this forum is surprisingly quiet. a new big 470 unit condo near MRT and Serangoon area should have a lot of interest...

maybe most of them had been absorbed by Minton already... this one is in a better location though
    sure bo? today sales started for internal staff? strange to start on tues...usually on thur...den public preview on fri....

duno y...this scala doesnt appeal to me....it is actually not near to city by physical distance or number of mrt stations....kovan area is better? the only project tat i am interested in tat area is The Chuan....but asking prices r sky high

mabe forumers r busy buying from secondary market now.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    when PPI is at all time high, lots of people sit on the side lines...
    No harm anyway... since under construction.
    What's the hurry?
    hurry to get choice units la if really keen....8th,18th flr etc

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hurry to get choice units la if really keen....8th,18th flr etc
    haha #18-18 hot right?

ha

Very good location and neighbourhood. I think this project should sell like hot cakes. If not it shows that market is really slowing.

First there are not that many posters in this forum. It has become a very "cosy" forum where a few "regulars" come in to TCSS. Secondly, I believe many of the bros and sis here already have at least 1-2 private properties (some have LOTS!), so the need to purchase that "elusive" home sweet home is no longer there. If there is a good deal, then buy for investment. If no good deal, then just give it a miss. That's why there isn't a lot of "constructive discussion" on Scala other than some jibes on its "unconventional" name somewhat related to a snail.

I know the northeastern of Singapore is an "up and coming" area. It also has pretty good public transportation with the northeast line and now the circle line. But it just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe, it just lacks "charisma" and personality. I always know the northeast part of Singapore as the area where the "northeast MRT line passes through". That's how indescript it is.

Think Minton thread also very quiet nowadays.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Very good location and neighbourhood. I think this project should sell like hot cakes. If not it shows that market is really slowing.
    100+ units sold. Today, they will be serving those submitted cheque. 1000+ cheques collected. This is total madness!

If you want 1/2 bedroom @ The Scala and not yet submitted cheque, subsale is your only hope liaw. One bedroom may hit 1.5kpsf by today.
    Last edited by isaaclim; 28-07-10 at 08:01.

I believe this place will have quite a lot of upgraders.

at 1k plus psf it will no longer be affordable by upgraders unless they are willing to shrink their lifestyle and accept a small area.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    100+ units sold. Today, they will be serving those submitted cheque. 1000+ cheques collected. This is total madness!

If you want 1/2 bedroom @ The Scala and not yet submitted cheque, subsale is your only hope liaw. One bedroom may hit 1.5kpsf by today.
    serious!!!!

how much!!! wah lau...later i must go down kaypoh liao!!!! stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    at 1k plus psf it will no longer be affordable by upgraders unless they are willing to shrink their lifestyle and accept a small area.
    with HDB fetching record prices and 30-50k COV, y not

as with recent new launches, looking forward to your update.

but actually i thought this would be the response after the clues we got from terrene, 368 and haig 162 sales. how come u so surprised?

serious!!!!

how much!!! wah lau...later i must go down kaypoh liao!!!! stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    as with recent new launches, looking forward to your update.

but actually i thought this would be the response after the clues we got from terrene, 368 and haig 162 sales. how come u so surprised?
    bcoz i wud tot this one will mainly attract upgradders....and 1000+ chq collected....WAH

368/haig not surprised....especially HAIG.
    but terrene i am pleasantly surprised

anw, gd for us who got vested interest in D13 or even 19

with HDB fetching record prices and 30-50k COV, y not
    that 30-50k doesn't count for much when they shop for a condo nowadays... And the V vs the condo's V is heaven and earth in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    that 30-50k doesn't count for much when they shop for a condo nowadays... And the V vs the condo's V is heaven and earth in some places.
    as long the proceeds enuff to cover for first 20%....some will cheong liao

i thought upgraders is where the power is since hdb is so well supported?

quantum is "affordable", guess hdb upgraders does not care so much about psf as was the case with the hdbs they sold. quantum more impt to them.

bcoz i wud tot this one will mainly attract upgradders....and 1000+ chq collected....WAH

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i thought upgraders is where the power is since hdb is so well supported?

quantum is "affordable", guess hdb upgraders does not care so much about psf as was the case with the hdbs they sold. quantum more impt to them.
    ok lor...i shdnt be so so surprised...

market is turning HOT...HUAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim

omg....1.5k psf for lorong chuan?!

i got vested interest in D19 hdb counted or not

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    i got vested interest in D19 hdb counted or not
    counted!!! i always hear agents saying the condos nearby so so expensive and small when they r selling HDB...

wonder wat they will say about scala...how to justify the high psf...by the way...wats the psf for 2/3bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    First there are not that many posters in this forum. It has become a very "cosy" forum where a few "regulars" come in to TCSS. Secondly, I believe many of the bros and sis here already have at least 1-2 private properties (some have LOTS!), so the need to purchase that "elusive" home sweet home is no longer there. If there is a good deal, then buy for investment. If no good deal, then just give it a miss. That's why there isn't a lot of "constructive discussion" on Scala other than some jibes on its "unconventional" name somewhat related to a snail.

I know the northeastern of Singapore is an "up and coming" area. It also has pretty good public transportation with the northeast line and now the circle line. But it just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe, it just lacks "charisma" and personality. I always know the northeast part of Singapore as the area where the "northeast MRT line passes through". That's how indescript it is.
    maybe should ask that guy who owns 92 properties mentioned in the papers if he is buying this

My guess 3 bed -$1,100 psf, 2 bed -$1,200 psf, 1bed 1,400 psf.

counted!!! i always hear agents saying the condos nearby so so expensive and small when they r selling HDB...

wonder wat they will say about scala...how to justify the high psf...by the way...wats the psf for 2/3bedder?

sure bo? today sales started for internal staff?
    see I told u yesterday

should have run down and hoot yesterday mah

I think this is targeting at "Serangoon Gardens" crowd. a lot of ppl like this.

see I told u yesterday

Hong Leong/CDL projects sell like hotcakes!

see I told u yesterday

targeted at the minton crowd ~~

anyone kind to post some showroom pics?

go to h88?

Maybe the people there are the Axe'd agents.. so many agents kanna...

I was there at 10am and the carpark was already full, had to park on the side of the road. Went in and saw a lot of ppl in the tent waiting for balloting. Couldn't be bothered with putting in a check, and obviously would be too long before walk-ins are allowed, so decided to fall out and see some other places.

Only just received a call to go have a look but sian liao, weather so nice to slp. Heard from the agents there to expect abt 12xxpsf for a 2bdrm and 11xxpsf for a 3bdrm. Anyway, waiting eagerly for updates. July really shaping up to be a pretty solid month.

Just came back from the showflat. There are studio, 2bedder and 3 bedder for you to see. Most of those released were sold, including my targeted stack 13. Anyway the word to describe the place is claustrophobic.

The common room is ultra small, can only fit a standard single bed. The 2 bedder's common room was join up with the master bedroom to give an illusion of space.

The studio showflat gave me an idea how small my 8@W studio will be...

the ID is so similar to Waterfront Gold... haha, same ID firm, by SuMisura

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just came back from the showflat. There are studio, 2bedder and 3 bedder for you to see. Most of those released were sold, including my targeted stack 13. Anyway the word to describe the place is claustrophobic.

The common room is ultra small, can only fit a standard single bed. The 2 bedder's common room was join up with the master bedroom to give an illusion of space.

The studio showflat gave me an idea how small my 8@W studio will be...