Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HDB Resale - still can buy?

东方

User Info Menu

Default HDB Resale - still can buy?

I may be experienced in private property but a goon when it comes to HDB. Asking the experts here, come early next year I can buy HDB (add another property to my portfolio, plus since HDB is citizen 'privilege' don't waste it) - should I? Or wait till prices crash... considering the PPI is at all time high for HDB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I may be experienced in private property but a goon when it comes to HDB. Asking the experts here, come early next year I can buy HDB (add another property to my portfolio, plus since HDB is citizen 'privilege' don't waste it) - should I? Or wait till prices crash... considering the PPI is at all time high for HDB.

Wow, is it that high?
    Not sure if current COV is as high as in 2007 when 30~80k was a norm then.

HDB being in tight supply is a sure thing, but not sure when it is considered a good entry point. Gonna check location, lease and again location...

Dunno who can consistently timed the crash? Not me...

User Info Menu

erm, u have to stay 3 years in a HDB before you can sell/rent it.... u gotta really move in if you are serious about buying one.

HDB prices kinda tough to crash. But having said that, I do like the HDB landed along Jalan Ma'mor (Balestier) area. Pretty quaint and some of them are done up really nicely.

东方

User Info Menu

Well I not looking to flip HDB. After 3 years I will rent it out and move back to my private. Just don't wanna pay for it at the absolute high with PPI at the highest recorded in history that would be '. . .'

Exalted

User Info Menu

there r still some cheap flats ard...4rm flat next to little india mrt less den 350k

some area 3rm flat still can get ard 250k...

at such prices, how to drop

Junior

User Info Menu

i pondered over this too in 2009. In the end decided not to ...

Exalted

User Info Menu

jus look ard lor...cant find any gd deals...dun buy lor...just dun spoil the HDB market can liao..many buying for own stay

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    jus look ard lor...cant find any gd deals...dun buy lor...just dun spoil the HDB market can liao..many buying for own stay
    Haha that's the thing, I dont want to go stay for 2 years (now 3) to fulfill the MOP, and let the $$ stuck in an empty HDB doing nothing.

User Info Menu

Can i ask, with regards to the MOP, must one really stay there (at the HDB) or does it mean cannot rent out. can one say let relatives and frens stay there for free?

Junior

User Info Menu

Don't get caught lor.

Think your HDB address will need to be your official residence, so no tax rebate will be given for your private property.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Can i ask, with regards to the MOP, must one really stay there (at the HDB) or does it mean cannot rent out. can one say let relatives and frens stay there for free?

[CENTER][COLOR=#804000][B]BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @ [URL="http://www.eightwoodleigh.freeforums.org/index.php"][/URL][/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast