Thread: HDB Resale - still can buy?

Default HDB Resale - still can buy?

I may be experienced in private property but a goon when it comes to HDB. Asking the experts here, come early next year I can buy HDB (add another property to my portfolio, plus since HDB is citizen 'privilege' don't waste it) - should I? Or wait till prices crash... considering the PPI is at all time high for HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I may be experienced in private property but a goon when it comes to HDB. Asking the experts here, come early next year I can buy HDB (add another property to my portfolio, plus since HDB is citizen 'privilege' don't waste it) - should I? Or wait till prices crash... considering the PPI is at all time high for HDB.

Wow, is it that high?
    Not sure if current COV is as high as in 2007 when 30~80k was a norm then.

HDB being in tight supply is a sure thing, but not sure when it is considered a good entry point. Gonna check location, lease and again location...

Dunno who can consistently timed the crash? Not me...

erm, u have to stay 3 years in a HDB before you can sell/rent it.... u gotta really move in if you are serious about buying one.

HDB prices kinda tough to crash. But having said that, I do like the HDB landed along Jalan Ma'mor (Balestier) area. Pretty quaint and some of them are done up really nicely.

Well I not looking to flip HDB. After 3 years I will rent it out and move back to my private. Just don't wanna pay for it at the absolute high with PPI at the highest recorded in history that would be '. . .'

there r still some cheap flats ard...4rm flat next to little india mrt less den 350k

some area 3rm flat still can get ard 250k...

at such prices, how to drop

i pondered over this too in 2009. In the end decided not to ...

jus look ard lor...cant find any gd deals...dun buy lor...just dun spoil the HDB market can liao..many buying for own stay

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    jus look ard lor...cant find any gd deals...dun buy lor...just dun spoil the HDB market can liao..many buying for own stay
    Haha that's the thing, I dont want to go stay for 2 years (now 3) to fulfill the MOP, and let the $$ stuck in an empty HDB doing nothing.

Can i ask, with regards to the MOP, must one really stay there (at the HDB) or does it mean cannot rent out. can one say let relatives and frens stay there for free?

Don't get caught lor.

Think your HDB address will need to be your official residence, so no tax rebate will be given for your private property.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Can i ask, with regards to the MOP, must one really stay there (at the HDB) or does it mean cannot rent out. can one say let relatives and frens stay there for free?

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

strictly cannot rent out.

if let relatives stay for free, who will know?

better dun discuss such matters here...its a public forum afterall

it just means cannot rent out... of cos can let relatives etc stay (and maybe even collect token "money" hehe), just keep one room for urself in case neighbours rat to the authorities ~

Nothing to stop me from letting my dogs or cats 'stay' there while I remain staying in private apartment... when officer come and check sorry my dog not smart enough to open the door for you. LOL

The MOP is just plain stupid as a policy designed just to be an excuse for gahmen to charge you 10% property tax on all your non-public housing.

Nothing to stop me from letting my dogs or cats 'stay' there while I remain staying in private apartment... when officer come and check sorry my dog not smart enough to open the door for you. LOL

The MOP is just plain stupid as a policy designed just to be an excuse for gahmen to charge you 10% property tax on all your non-public housing.
    haha... my ants & cockroaches prefer to squeeze through the gaps then open the door... so sorry officer..

or bio those gona enbloc...buy a smallest 1+1 hdb flat and left it vacant...

got restriction lah, unless income damn low, i think minimum can only buy 3 rm flat. (but i m not very sure on this).

why?? u get a brand new HDB but MOP becomes 5 yrs

Price crash? Wait long long....
    Pls see the hdb resale historical data:
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p..../Annex+A-1.pdf
    The last time price crashed was during 1998..

If price crashes, existing house owners will not be happy.
    With Election due 2011, it's unlikely to see price crash..
    I think stabilised over the next few quarters....
    Note that HDB resale price trend is related to Mass-market condo pricing trend too!

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    Price crash? Wait long long....
    Pls see the hdb resale historical data:
    http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p..../Annex+A-1.pdf
    The last time price crashed was during 1998..

If price crashes, existing house owners will not be happy.
    With Election due 2011, it's unlikely to see price crash..
    I think stabilised over the next few quarters....
    Note that HDB resale price trend is related to Mass-market condo pricing trend too!
    the Executive Committee will only try to cool down the rise in prty prices while not crashing it... Else GE coming no support how?

too hot ... BAD
    too cold ... laki WORSE

just keep it warm & fresh.... BEST

Maybe 'crash' is a wrong word. 'Moderate' sounds more correct. Pvt sales jux dropped by half. That must hint at something...

Could be the possibility of more ECs on the way.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Maybe 'crash' is a wrong word. 'Moderate' sounds more correct. Pvt sales jux dropped by half. That must hint at something...
    give those miss the boat followers smthing to cheer about

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Could be the possibility of more ECs on the way.
    Ya, by the time EC is launched next year... most would be $600-700psf
    but big advantage of having HDB concessionary loan...
    but at far far non-white sites...

sigh... I was aiming one in the past but damn long to trigger the launch...
    now so actively trigger but too pricey liao....

EC dun have concessionary HDB loan at 2.6%, must take bank loan. Only have 30k grant for 1st timer. Only DBSS have concessionary HDB loan but DBSS has no facility and is still considered as HDB flat.

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    EC dun have concessionary HDB loan at 2.6%, must take bank loan. Only have 30k grant for 1st timer. Only DBSS have concessionary HDB loan but DBSS has no facility and is still considered as HDB flat.
    oops, thanks for correcting... EC also bank loan... but got grant also good but EC so many limitations..

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    oops, thanks for correcting... EC also bank loan... but got grant also good but EC so many limitations..
    with grant even more restrictions! Last time 50k still worth it to bite it. Now only 30k. Not only is the amount smaller but also quite insignificant as % of total price. If you think you will likely move to private in a not too long future, the grant will become a real hindrance.

prevously those upgrading from HDB to EC must pay levy, now no need liao right? If that's the case, u pocketed 40-50k liao.

even buying at 650psf, after 5years MOP i assume prices would be higher than.

With the new EC launching at $600-$700psf, how much do you think the old ones will go up to? Now most of them already fetching $550 -$650psf....do you think it will go up further since most of them are going to privatize soon when they reach 10 yrs old? Will it attract more foreigners to buy since its much cheaper compare to those mass market condo selling at $850-$1000psf?

Quote Originally Posted by shoobie
    With the new EC launching at $600-$700psf, how much do you think the old ones will go up to? Now most of them already fetching $550 -$650psf....do you think it will go up further since most of them are going to privatize soon when they reach 10 yrs old? Will it attract more foreigners to buy since its much cheaper compare to those mass market condo selling at $850-$1000psf?
    EC at 650psf dirt cheap..some HDB oredi 600-700psf

look out for the only EC at buangkok which is next to MRT
    the rest all CMI