Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Terrene @ Bukit Timah (D21, 999 years leasehold, UOL / LaSalle)

Default The Terrene @ Bukit Timah (D21, 999 years leasehold, UOL / LaSalle)

Anyone knows what is the price psf?

indicative 1100psf - 1200psf

Quote Originally Posted by orange7
    Anyone knows what is the price psf?

hhhhmmmmmm

Terene or Terence ?

think its TERRENE...double R.

yup, its Terrene

was told estimated price range: 1100-1400psf

so 1bedder shd be 1300-1400psf...any keen takers?

i recce the place...not easy to walk to future mrt...

nearby signature park sellers r asking 900psf on average now...so bigger units at 1100psf sounds alrite

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...93729,00.html?

Published July 7, 2010

UOL, CDL to release condos for preview this week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

AT least two new condos are expected to be released this week - 368 Thomson and The Terrene @ Bukit Timah.

Terrene: The 999-year leasehold project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 505 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft)

UOL Group and LaSalle Investment Management are jointly developing The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area.

The 999-year leasehold, 5-storey project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 506 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft). It will be close to two green lungs - Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Bukit Batok Nature Park - and about half a kilometre from the Beauty World MRT Station, which is being built.

Prices of typical units are expected to be in the $1,200-1,400 psf range. However, one bedders could touch around $1,500 psf. Ground floor apartments with private enclosed areas could be priced closer to the $1,000 psf mark, BT understands.

In October last year, UOL announced it had taken a half-share in the Rainbow Gardens site, which had been bought by the LaSalle Asia Opportunity II fund in a collective sale a few years earlier.

Terrene is being marketed by Knight Frank and Jones Lang LaSalle.

For UOL, the preview of The Terrene follows the virtual sell-out of its Waterbank at Dakota, a 616-unit condo fronting Geylang River and next to Dakota MRT Station. The 99-year leasehold condo's launch in April was timed with the opening of the station.

Over in the Balestier/Thomson Road area, City Developments Ltd is getting ready to preview 368 Thomson later this week on the former Concorde Residence site.

Prices in the 36-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-1,500 psf. The condo's 157 units range from one-bedders to penthouses, with unit sizes of 689 sq ft to 3,391 sq ft. The project is being marketed by Huttons.

Meanwhile, over in the Bedok Reservoir location, Frasers Centrepoint and Far East Organization have sold 93 of the 150 units released since June 25 at the Waterfront Gold condo. The average price for the 99-year leasehold project is $950 psf. Waterfront Gold comprises 361 units and will be the first condo in Singapore to feature a skypark. This will be on the roof of the 15-storey project.

Property consultants say home sales are still slow, with many potential buyers still glued to the World Cup, which ends in the wee hours of Monday next week. More developers are then expected to begin releasing projects again.

'Buyers will do their homework and evaluation, but the good thing is that the Singapore stock market has still fared relatively better than some overseas markets,' notes DTZ executive director (consulting) Ong Choon Fah.

'The underlying desire to buy a private residential property here is still there among owner occupiers and local investors, as there's still a lot of liquidity. And our market is quite unique, with a large part of our population living in public housing, which provides a natural feed to the private housing market,' she added.

Sounds really pricey for the area. Suddenly Hillvista, Beverly and Parc Natura seems cheap! I suspect units might be made smaller though because I recall Parc Natura and Hillvista have fairly large units as they were launched during 2007 when large units were popular - let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sounds really pricey for the area. Suddenly Hillvista, Beverly and Parc Natura seems cheap! I suspect units might be made smaller though because I recall Parc Natura and Hillvista have fairly large units as they were launched during 2007 when large units were popular - let's see.
    no nid to guess...just refer to this website

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Update...nd+floorplans/

pretty standard and quite good layout except for the 3bedders(the 2 common bedrms r meant for doggies?)

Default GreenRich Enbloc ?

Anyone know what happen to GreenRich Enbloc which was closed on
    8 Jul ? Just kaypoh !

i think they have those normal 3 bedders which are similar to your waterbank type. the one in the link seems to be the 3 bedroom compact option (made popular by far east since centro/vista residence).

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    no nid to guess...just refer to this website

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Update...nd+floorplans/

pretty standard and quite good layout except for the 3bedders(the 2 common bedrms r meant for doggies?)

is it near the beverly? beverly is transacted at below $1kpsf, it is FH.

its near but a few key differences:

beverly units are slightly bigger, thus, quantum bigger. the few hundred metres more makes daily walking distance to beverly from beauty world mrt very difficult since we concluded that terrene barely passed the test.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    is it near the beverly? beverly is transacted at below $1kpsf, it is FH.

terrene took me 10mins to hit mrt. i prefer within 5mins...if not i sure drive out. hehe

imagine wear nicely and den sweat like a pig again

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Any actual walking distance (not straight line measured distance through the walls of buildings or private estate compounds etc) more than 500m (or 5 mins) is also too far for me, especially in hot and humid weather like Singapore!
    >500m from MRT station to me means "no MRT station nearby" (not to mention that many of these advertised distance is straight line distance as though we are super-humans and can walk straight through walls of building and through fences of private estate compounds).

terrene took me 10mins to hit mrt. i prefer within 5mins...if not i sure drive out. hehe

Looking at the overall layout, it looks like block to block was pretty close to each other.
    hmmmm....maybe too close for comfort.

similar to sixth avenue residences. personally, i don't know how pple can feel comfortable like this but these projects still sell well anyway. so i guess most pple think its alright. distance most definitely closer than hdb blocks!

Quote Originally Posted by someone
    Looking at the overall layout, it looks like block to block was pretty close to each other.
    hmmmm....maybe too close for comfort.

If need to walk 10 min to MRT, this means NOT within walking distance liao - in fact this is the worst because it's neither here nor there. Actually most of condos around Jurong Kechil (e.g. Highgate, High Oak, Signature Park) are not within walking distance to Beauty World station as they are too deep inside. In terms of views, the view at Jurong Kechil/Toh Tuck will be inferior to condos along Southhaven stretch, Hillview and Dairy Farm stretch. I suspect when the MRT is up and running, this Toh Tuck section of Upper Bukit Timah will have lower upside.

heheh ya lor

my prada leather shoes .. i heart ache when i wear to work and walk in manhattan .. the road condition in NYC is one of the worst i have seen

bck from the showflat. quite packed. see a few tables signing OTP...

quite a handful of 1/2bedders to choose from....and 3bedders r doing much better!!! I quite like the penthouses and was eyeing at a smallest 3bedder penthse of 17xxsqft priced at 99xpsf(totally no loyalty discount )

duno wats the psf for typical 3bedder as all the released 3bedders r sold....and i din ask the agt to check the prices....i guess shd be ard 1200psf

the 1bedder is nono due to much higher psf at ard 1450-1500psf and i wud say most buyers bot for own stay.

2bedder priced at ard 1250psf(up slightly from yday prices for the new releases) and still quite affordable at 1.1xmil. but i still tink suites de laurel its a better buy which cost slightly less den a mil

the 3bedder PH vs a typical 3bedder is only 200-250k difference in quantum which makes the PH more value for $ ....however, is it really worth paying 1kpsf for PH?

bck from the showflat. quite packed. see a few tables signing OTP...

quite a handful of 1/2bedders to choose from....and 3bedders r doing much better!!! I quite like the penthouses and was eyeing at a smallest 3bedder penthse of 17xxsqft priced at 99xpsf(totally no loyalty discount )

duno wats the psf for typical 3bedder as all the released 3bedders r sold....and i din ask the agt to check the prices....i guess shd be ard 1200psf

the 1bedder is nono due to much higher psf at ard 1450-1500psf and i wud say most buyers bot for own stay.

2bedder priced at ard 1250psf(up slightly from yday prices for the new releases) and still quite affordable at 1.1xmil. but i still tink suites de laurel its a better buy which cost slightly less den a mil

the 3bedder PH vs a typical 3bedder is only 200-250k difference in quantum which makes the PH more value for $ ....however, is it really worth paying 1kpsf for PH?
    Too much supply there.... if want to compete... lower rent to studio rate and give 1 or 2 bedder free...

Studios a waste of time for rental. They are competing directly with service apartments in better location and shorter term leases...
    Last edited by cashrich; 10-07-10 at 20:46.

Good news for this area if most buyers are gunning the big units. It means buyers have deep pockets and are mainly owner occupiers. It's comforting that developers deem it unnecessary to go MM here to keep PSF high. This is a lovely area for self-stay. Upper Bukit Timah has the potential to come a "upmarket" suburb with spacious units and surroundings. The locale never tried "too hard" and organically has developed into a laidback and cozy area surrounded by natural rainforest. Beauty World/Bukit Timah Shopping Centre may not be your typical shopping mall like Jurong Point or Parkway Parade but it has more character with the bizaare combinination of independent peranakan restaurants, pet shops, Korean eateries, tour agencies, butcher house and sleazy massage parlours - and they live together in harmony. It never tried too hard to be the next "Holland V" or worse still everyone pretend to be some "Peranakan" when they are not .

Agree with you that suites de laurel is a better buy.

PH at above $1k psf... too expansive. For those who never stayed in penthouses before. It can get really hot and windy (high ones). Low ones... no privacy when there are high ones around it.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Agree with you that suites de laurel is a better buy.

PH at above $1k psf... too expansive. For those who never stayed in penthouses before. It can get really hot and windy (high ones). Low ones... no privacy when there are high ones around it.
    i tend to buy PH in these type of low rise devt...hehe...nvr like to buy PH in high rise devt

i must say Terrene PH is nicely designed ...sad to say no view at all...either facing opposite stack or facing the road....better for me, if not i will be so tempted

i suppose it is good news for you as well coz u r vested in the area. anyone who buys a condo this period will end up like those in 2005/6 that lamented they bought at a high in 1996/7, just that this time their fingers will get burnt even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Good news for this area if most buyers are gunning the big units. It means buyers have deep pockets and are mainly owner occupiers. It's comforting that developers deem it unnecessary to go MM here to keep PSF high. This is a lovely area for self-stay. Upper Bukit Timah has the potential to come a "upmarket" suburb with spacious units and surroundings. The locale never tried "too hard" and organically has developed into a laidback and cozy area surrounded by natural rainforest. Beauty World/Bukit Timah Shopping Centre may not be your typical shopping mall like Jurong Point or Parkway Parade but it has more character with the bizaare combinination of independent peranakan restaurants, pet shops, Korean eateries, tour agencies, butcher house and sleazy massage parlours - and they live together in harmony. It never tried too hard to be the next "Holland V" or worse still everyone pretend to be some "Peranakan" when they are not .

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i suppose it is good news for you as well coz u r vested in the area. anyone who buys a condo this period will end up like those in 2005/6 that lamented they bought at a high in 1996/7, just that this time their fingers will get burnt even more.
    so when u tink prices will crash and by how much...PPI will drop to wat point?

I read quite a lot of condos bought during the 1997 peak are no where near their original price, e.g. Bishan 8 was launched at $1,100psf in 1997 and is now only trading at around $800psf. But in all fairness, Bishan/Sin Ming has lost its lustre over the years. Used to be "hottest" place for property 10 years ago. I suspect it's something to do with the 99LH stigma - If one stays in Bishan apartment, you're 100% sure the place is at best a 99LH property - an area with only 99LH properties will never rise to the same level of prestige as another area dominated by FH condos - e.g. Bukit Timah (both lower and upper), Holland, West Coast or East Coast.

Upper Bukit Timah at $1,250 psf to $1,450 psf is indeed "forward" pricing. I thought it would suffer the same fate as "The Sound" and "Flamingo Valley" but looks like units are moving... strange. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators