Thread: June price a jump from May 2010

Default June price a jump from May 2010

Nowadays the price of condo at suburb is getting higher and higher , notice that a jump obvious jump (not gradual increase) start from end june ...this is crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Nowadays the price of condo at suburb is getting higher and higher , notice that a jump obvious jump (not gradual increase) start from end june ...this is crazy...
    Really?
    Which district you looking at?
    I saw bargains in Parkview(D23) last weekend advertised in the newspapers.

which apt posted a jump in late June?

real jump shd be last yr May and June....not this yr

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Really?
    parkview already jumped since last year...the one I referring is at choa chu kang, bukit panjang and some jurong area ...may and june price increase quite linearly but JULY prices whole shit of difference is a bloody step increase...

parkview already jumped since last year...the one I referring is at choa chu kang, bukit panjang and some jurong area ...may and june price increase quite linearly but JULY prices whole shit of difference is a bloody step increase...
    the price jump happens in beginning this year Feb-Apr. Now, market has quiet down.. even if developer increase their price, people must bite then counted lah..

are u referring to resale mkt or new project? new project subsale or old condo subsale? centris??

yeah, may and june price increase contributed to price index increase. pple see the july announcement of price rise of course raise ASKING price steeply to new record but whether pple bite or not is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yeah, may and june price increase contributed to price index increase. pple see the july announcement of price rise of course raise ASKING price steeply to new record but whether pple bite or not is another thing.
    It is really a STEP rise....hope people will not bite if not the price is going up really exponentially...

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    the price jump happens in beginning this year Feb-Apr. Now, market has quiet down.. even if developer increase their price, people must bite then counted lah..

I know, I have mentioned the price has been increasing since last year...however, the july price increase is really a step jump...absurb...

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    are u referring to resale mkt or new project? new project subsale or old condo subsale? centris??
    new project no lah(west side new project only wait for keppel this year)...the resale market la...esp the july price...bloody shit a huge step increase...for iinvestment, yield also low low..only can buy for self stay but hope that people will not bite..price too high as compared to buying price last time...

new project no lah(west side new project only wait for keppel this year)...the resale market la...esp the july price...bloody shit a huge step increase...for iinvestment, yield also low low..only can buy for self stay but hope that people will not bite..price too high as compared to buying price last time...
    now the trend is seller ask high price mah, riding on the buying momentum. but activities seems to slow down......

I know, I have mentioned the price has been increasing since last year...however, the july price increase is really a step jump...absurb...
    sellers can ask for quantum leap, when the buyers bite then it's a different story.

Really?
    by the way, parkview is not in a good location...but have u taken a look at the unit with bargain price? usually there is a catch...

let them ask all they want. the market is ultimately efficient and there will be a certain "market price" where more than just 1 transaction change hands.

It is really a STEP rise....hope people will not bite if not the price is going up really exponentially...

find prices exp..dun buy lor...or u shd start to sell? ops

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    find prices exp..dun buy lor...or u shd start to sell? ops
    see like that...must wait still yield is good than buy...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    let them ask all they want. the market is ultimately efficient and there will be a certain "market price" where more than just 1 transaction change hands.

yes yes bro...up and down which should be the way...always up and up is bubble getting bigger?

by the way, parkview is not in a good location...but have u taken a look at the unit with bargain price? usually there is a catch...
    I don't like Parkview.

Go there during peak hours, and watch the traffic outside the entrance/exit of Parkview.

I will die young if I have to drive in and out of there daily.

I don't think so... Where did you get your real time data from? Unless you are talking about URA data which is 3 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I don't think so... Where did you get your real time data from? Unless you are talking about URA data which is 3 months old.
    Real time data is only from agents...called up agents, agents not even interested to negotiate with you..as sellers stick to their high price...

URA caveats for D23 transacted prices still climbing, asking also going up, cos owners see others transact higher than previous units, all up asking a little...

Agents working harder, but volume shud be quite low.

How much did the unit advertised?

Really?
    VL

Looking at recent caveats, prices are indeed augmenting. Fire sales are far and between. Suburban resale condos at $650-$850psf are still fairly affordable by middle class standards - there is no certainty price will crash - esp for suburbs. Affordability is there - people may just have to get used to paying that sort of price for a nice and spacious condo in the suburb.

Quote Originally Posted by Veryln
    How much did the unit advertised?
    $6XXK for 3 + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Looking at recent caveats, prices are indeed augmenting. Fire sales are far and between. Suburban resale condos at $650-$850psf are still fairly affordable by middle class standards - there is no certainty price will crash - esp for suburbs. Affordability is there - people may just have to get used to paying that sort of price for a nice and spacious condo in the suburb.
    Looking at recent launches, if someone wants to sell and buy another new one, they have to top up a fair bit, as most launched at $900-1200 psf, even in remote areas.

So, if I sell a nice condo(albeit old one), the money I get cannot buy another similar sized new condo. Can only part pay for the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

yeah lor....just imagine last year the price psf was only around S$450 to S$600....and now price is the highest since singapore history...if price keeps going up...that is a problem to be contained....