Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's no Propertism for Tessarina - Flood Part III

Quote Originally Posted by august
    condo already more than 5 years after legal completion, mgmt corporation long formed... developer no more obligation liao ~
    Not so much of asking wing tai to foot the bill, but rather for their knowledge of the development, eg, feasibility of building a multistory carpark etc. It definitely helps and will also be a excellent PR enhancing move if they do it out of goodwill.

Unfortunately, Wing Tai's shares have not been doing well for a long time, otherwise they might do it as goodwill.

Default Tessarina's neighbours

As resident of Maplewoods, confirm not a single flooding issue at Maple this past weekend. If no problem there, do not see why cascadia would be a problem if properly constructed.

Friends at other condos nearby, namely Blossomvale cross the street and Nexus (besides Cascadia) also no issues...

Tessarina project is the issue...hope it gets solved soon !

there is always a situatn when buyers are nt aware

I am always against bad agents. Definitely some would lie to get the deal. Such as problem solved, not this condo, the condo beside it, govt solve problem etc etc.... when it rains and flood... once in 50 years and even the govt cannot promise no floods... good luck to prospective buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by satomilton
    As resident of Maplewoods, confirm not a single flooding issue at Maple this past weekend. If no problem there, do not see why cascadia would be a problem if properly constructed.

Friends at other condos nearby, namely Blossomvale cross the street and Nexus (besides Cascadia) also no issues...

while maplewoods is not flooded this time, the whole area of bukit timah is a low lying area and easily flooded. even if the carpark at maplewoods is not flooded, it is hard to drive around when the streets turn into raging rivers. unless the drainage system is improved in the whole area, I would think twice about living in BT, especially after seeing the torrents on the s streets with my own eyes.

so, what is to gloat about what happened at tessarina and not at maplewoods?

Default stalingrad

There is a big difference between not being able to drive around the condo AND having car totally submerged in the car park !

hi
    was there any flooding at sterling?

the first time Tessarina car park was flooded .. i had that discussion with some friends in spore ..

we are think its the drainage system in the whole area ..

if you take a walk along Fifth Ave .. you will see a huge drainage pipe above ground .. going towards the canal ..

we believe that on a heavy stormy day .. all the water from holland road ( higher ground) are channel towards the bkt timah canal ..thru that pipe .. pouring tonnes of water MORE into the canal ..

tessarina sits on the corner of the next junction .. i believe itself carries alot of water from Old holland rd ..which is also high ground ..

with water coming from behind and from the right side .. ..it probably creates a kind of corss current at that junction .. which slows down the proper flow .. causing it to rise

i do not think it is a condo constructin issue ..

i am no expert .. but just judging by what we see in the condo surrounding .. we believe it could be another design fault on the PUB drainage ..

if you walk towards Maplewoods direction .. you will understand why Maplewoods has been unhurt ... its on higher ground ... slightly ..

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    hi
    was there any flooding at sterling?
    hi just my viewing experiences,

i have veiwed sterling on some rainy occasions (not the heavy ones, just a drizzle)

the car park is ok but the level 1 units are all soaked
    the marble floor outside the lifts leading to the units are filled with puddles of water

There is a lot more concreted surface in BT these days which enables rainwater to move much faster. In the past, some of the rainwater would have gone into the soil. With the channelling of water into drainage pipe for newater, this can lead to problem if they are not design correctly. This goes against nature. Natural is better than artificial or man-made.

did the water seep into the ground floor units at the Sterling?

Enblock this old condo lah.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    did the water seep into the ground floor units at the Sterling?
    unlikely - the ground floor units are elevated at 1001 and on a slope + elevated at block 1003

this is unbelievable

i just heard from a friend who lives in Tessarina ..
    on the morning of the heavy rain ..many residents got up and drove their cars out of the basement carpark ..went one round and park on the lane outside on the left..near the coffee shop ..

at abt 7 am ish .. Cisco came and wanted to book all of them ..

the residents fk him (verbally) , cos all already tu lan ..

and cisco said is was TP, Traffic police who asked cisco to go book them ??

even the tow truck driver..who was towing the submerged vehicles ..also fk the cisco ..

whats wrong with our dear First world Singapore?

first i read abt handcuffing a reporter ???
    do we ever see cnn reporters being handcuffed ? for safety reasons ?

handcuff a reporter ?? and yet the can let a criminal escaped from jail ? WTF ???

now cisco requested by TP to book these poor residents who are victims of flood ?

what is going on in / with singapore ??

i feel so ashame when my colleagues in NY asked me about it ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    this is unbelievable

on the morning of the heavy rain ..many residents got up and drove their cars out of the basement carpark ..went one round and park on the lane outside on the left..near the coffee shop ..

even the tow truck driver..who was towing the submerged vehicles ..also fk the cisco ..

handcuff a reporter ?? and yet the can let a criminal escaped from jail ? WTF ???

now cisco requested by TP to book these poor residents who are victims of flood ?

Is it true WKS's son stays in Tessarina?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by satomilton; 20-07-10 at 15:09.

this is unbelievable

they should have push him into the drain, then all blame the tyhoon for the freak accident. Who knows, this joker might find the real bottleneck along his way to marina barrage.

this is unbelievable

should just go look at the car label first lah. sigh. everything by the book, leave common sense at home.

this is unbelievable

Friday:U dont see cisco or TP book cars parked along double yellow lines near mosques do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    Friday:U dont see cisco or TP book cars parked along double yellow lines near mosques do you.
    but you do see them on chinese funeral at HDB void deck ..

should hang candles on the wiper to frighten them a bit