Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no Propertism for Tessarina - Flood Part III

Default There's no Propertism for Tessarina - Flood Part III

Pity those residents of Tessarina...second or third flood in a year. See Straits Times link for pics

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_554647.html

Junior

Actually this condo is more D21 than D10. Anyway, I suspect there is some construction or fatal carpark design problem in this condo. The other condo carparks nearby, e.g. Nexus, Maplewood, King Albert Park don't seem to flood. Avoid this condo at all costs - you don't want to worry about whether your car will be damaged every time it rains. Imagine you're on vacation overseas, you will be constantly worried about your car.

Deepsea

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/07...ngapore-again/

"Among the hardest hit areas were Braddell Road, Joo Chiat Terrace, Changi Road, Bukit Timah and Delfi in Orchard Road.

The Delfi Orchard, which was hit by the worst flooding in 26 years in June just less than a month ago, was again submerged in waist-deep waters."

Office Boy

Certainly have to avoid this ...

But can some experts out there explain why are there so many floods in Sg lately ? Minus all the smoke abt improving infrastructure, etc ...

Is it because it is really true that there are much much much more rain now ?

Or ... are there some other factors unknown to us ?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

But can some experts out there explain why are there so many floods in Sg lately ? Minus all the smoke abt improving infrastructure, etc ...

There is rampant speculation now Marina Barrage is the culprit...

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/vie...r=asc&start=50

Junior

I foresee the same problem at cascadia. lay of the land is even lower that of tessarina's, and similarly situated at the lowest point of a hill. i thought i read somewhere that for the longest time, it's been left almost as an abandoned construction site till the market picked up.

Senior

That's why I avoid projects built on sunken lands.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

Could it be due to sea level rising resulting from global warming and ice caps melting?

My theory is that if the sea level is much lower than the land, then the water in the canals will flow out to the sea faster.

On the other hand, if the sea level is higher than our land, then water cannot flow out to the sea quickly, and may even backflow into the land like Holland where the boy had to plug it with his finger.

Senior

can't confirm but this was my understanding: Cascadia was previously not owned by Allgreen but another developer which subsequently went bankrupt after the 97 financial crisis. thus, partially explained the delay and delay of cascadia's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I foresee the same problem at cascadia. lay of the land is even lower that of tessarina's, and similarly situated at the lowest point of a hill. i thought i read somewhere that for the longest time, it's been left almost as an abandoned construction site till the market picked up.

Senior

oops, does that mean rule no. 2 may need to be changed to air is more valuable than land becoz quite a bit of landed areas have been flooded lately?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Could it be due to sea level rising resulting from global warming and ice caps melting?

My theory is that if the sea level is much lower than the land, then the water in the canals will flow out to the sea faster.

On the other hand, if the sea level is higher than our land, then water cannot flow out to the sea quickly, and may even backflow into the land like Holland where the boy had to plug it with his finger.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast