Thread: Is HDB Owner with Private Property Eligible for SERS?

Default Is HDB Owner with Private Property Eligible for SERS?

Hi, Property experts,

I just moved from my HDB flat into my comdo unit recently. I rented my HDB flat out at a very satisfied rental. However, My HDB flat is very old and the neighbouring flats have been demolished for SERS. I have some concerns on my HDB flat:

1. Am I eligible for the replacement unit with the privileges, such as, to select a unit prior to public release of the remaining units, to be compensated financially, and to be given subsidised prices for the new flat?

2. Can I rent out the replacement new flat immediately or do I have to stay in the new flat for 3/5 years as buying a new flat?

3. Will I be prohibited from buying a new private property within 5 years as other new flat owners?

It is important for me to make decision to sell and rent the flat out. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sqmin3
    Hi, Property experts,

I just moved from my HDB flat into my comdo unit recently. I rented my HDB flat out at a very satisfied rental. However, My HDB flat is very old and the neighbouring flats have been demolished for SERS. I have some concerns on my HDB flat:

1. Am I eligible for the replacement unit with the privileges, such as, to select a unit prior to public release of the remaining units, to be compensated financially, and to be given subsidised prices for the new flat?

2. Can I rent out the replacement new flat immediately or do I have to stay in the new flat for 3/5 years as buying a new flat?

3. Will I be prohibited from buying a new private property within 5 years as other new flat owners?

It is important for me to make decision to sell and rent the flat out. Thanks in advance.
    best is to call HDB hotline.

CPF/HDB related stuff very complicated....sometimes agts also give wrong info or outdated info

Hi, Property experts,

you will be given the same privilege. But when you buy the new place at least 1/2 of your proceeds would be locked into the new place. If not, you can use bank loan (but must double check again with HDB)

must stay for 5 years if you use HDB loan as well. 3 years if you don't. Cannot rent out.

No prohibition if you already have but got prohibition for subsequent new ones cuz your HDB's brand new.

hope that answers your questions. If any doubts just ask HDB but usual lah, they'll give you different answer at different days. So best just check online and read for yourself or ask your lawyer.

Hi, Property experts,

all new HDB direct from HDB carries the same rules. the only variation i believe is point 3. if i remember correctly, if you already have private property, you can sell but you cannot buy new ones during the min occupation period. check with HDB to double confirm this point.

Thanks, guys. I have learned a lot from your replys. It looks very conplicated and I will contact HDB later.