Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wow...u r right! 1632psf liao lor!!! The Power of MM!

1460psfX1.1=1606psf...hmmm....looks like 10% gain is possible wor

253C Pasir Panjang Road #05-24
    Freehold
    $1632
    $650k
    20 Aug 10
    253A Pasir Panjang Road #05-12
    Freehold
    $1632
    $650k
    19 Aug 10
    In dream land? That WAS before the annoucement. The new annocements "Cooling Measures" impacts will be felt 3 to 6 months later. If you have patience, wait a while and you can see that real impact. You are too expert to know it and yet post it.
    Misleading others? What drives you?

Default WTS: iPhone 4 16GB for $1688

WTS Brand New iPhone 4 16GB for $1688, no box, no accessories, deliver in 5 years time. if interested, call 6253 0030

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    WTS Brand New iPhone 4 16GB for $1688, no box, no accessories, deliver in 5 years time. if interested, call 6253 0030
    Nice one...who would want to buy them in 5 years when its iPhone 5 6 7,8 or 9 then.

Is that your number to call?

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    parc imperial latest caveat lodge is $1583 psf for 398 psf. Vv is only 1460.
    That's the price 3 months ago. You come back 3 months later and see the difference.

parc imperial latest caveat lodge $1200 t $1400 psf.

Vv is only $1300 to $1500 psf ?

Not exact on the range there but just to give you an idea..it will drop

I don't know why anyone would rush to go to hell? The hell gates has just closed but people are still running into it... strange people.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    That's the price 3 months ago. You come back 3 months later and see the difference.

I don't know why anyone would rush to go to hell? The hell gates has just closed but people are still running into it... strange people.
    remember i saw an advert in Singapore sometime ago ..

a chicken flagging to his fellow chicken ...and they happily walk into some machine and come out as packed fresh cut chicken on a conveyor belt

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    remember i saw an advert in Singapore sometime ago ..

a chicken flagging to his fellow chicken ...and they happily walk into some machine and come out as packed fresh cut chicken on a conveyor belt
    hahah I like this one.

Old Ah Beng Chicken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2_EJogf2A
    Last edited by cashrich; 04-09-10 at 02:59.

cashrich, don't jump into any conclusion. I just ask her what is her unit no? Can't i?

Confirmed letting OTP lapse
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=217

PM by applelemon? God Knows what's in it. (Sour deal is hinted, Looks like apple, but when you eat the apple, it taste like lemon)
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=220

Still thinking about orginal plan of 2 or 2+1 for self stay
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=228

Confirmed Letter OTP lapse 2
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=233

Thank us guys - you guys are great
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=237

Kanna sweet talk by agent, agent disuade me 8?? Getting lost in counting~~~ seek blessings from us to wish her luck. Of course she needs luck, she needs lot of it. It may be the biggest mistake of her life. Luck cannot save her.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=244

Needs more luck
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=247

Have faith in people. Choose to believe agent (after her money) and not anyone else in the forum
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=257

She may be stuck with it for a long long time and cannot buy her dream home.

said enough and a lesson for others.

Ok ok. Let u win. Your prediction will come true. All property owners who bought the new launches eg scala, Dorsett, vv, nv, waterfront, rangoon mm will suffer great losses. I hope u will remember to pick them up at great bargains. Congrats!

Din mean to exclude W residences. I know u are cash rich. Good luck in your hunts.

Ok ok. Let u win. Your prediction will come true. All property owners who bought the new launches eg scala, Dorsett, vv, nv, waterfront, rangoon mm will suffer great losses. I hope u will remember to pick them up at great bargains. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    I am not scare of losing the 8k and I might be wrong in judgement of people. But I try to believe that there are still nice people who are genuinely sincere in helping others. The thought of giving up vv is because I find it too small for own stay. Other than that, that unit is a choice unit facing south buona vista road, no west sun. If I had gone down earlier that day to the vvip and get a 1+1, I will not think of giving up at all.
    Been buying flipping since 2008. Dispose all at 2nd quarter just wanna sit back ,relax and see the market movement. Why wrry if u got the money to buy and the time to wait? I had long given up seeing all the spiked up price. I rather not get stucked for the next few yrs wf zero growth,if property not the game anymre. And wf so many owners having hdb to rent out to cover the condo mortgages. Hdb vs condo rental prices might be attractive to the Entry level FTs..

In dream land? That WAS before the annoucement. The new annocements "Cooling Measures" impacts will be felt 3 to 6 months later. If you have patience, wait a while and you can see that real impact. You are too expert to know it and yet post it.
    Misleading others? What drives you?
    dun like dat la....i am not GOD....i dun predict the future and i am just a trend follower.

i just cut and paste FACTS. applemon says PI more exp more....supported with facts mah

most imptly, at tat point of purchase, VV buyers cannot find any units at PI selling below or same psf as VV.

compare prices with similar sized units ....dun compare a banana with an apple ok...hehe

leme post this story again:

Ah Gong A used his 30k to buy a HDB last time
    Ah Gong B put his 30k in FD instead and rent a HDB unit at $30/mth

Today, HDB worth 400k while a room rental cost $500/mth

BUT, there is another Ah Gong C who spend away his 30k on cars etc. Ah Gong B can laugh at Ah Gong C

The choice is urs

compare prices with similar sized units ....dun compare a banana with an apple ok...hehe

leme post this story again:

Ah Gong A used his 30k to buy a HDB last time
    Ah Gong B put his 30k in FD instead and rent a HDB unit at $30/mth

Today, HDB worth 400k while a room rental cost $500/mth

BUT, there is another Ah Gong C who spend away his 30k on cars etc. Ah Gong B can laugh at Ah Gong C

The choice is urs

lol..... for me it's C first, then A. Life is short, carpe diem!

Then of course there is Ah Gong D who spent on 4D, Toto, IR...

He Tong Shi (Very Know"ledgeable" Things) gone exercising.

I think after a while, its He Tio Shit (He Kanna stuck with shit)

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Yes, fully agree... that would make better sense.

Cheaper, ready and can see and touch.

Some taxi couple are in for a ride. Woo Hoo~
    This I agreed. Its an arbitrarge. Take the difference of a few years rental income if buy parc imperial over vv.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Been buying flipping since 2008. Dispose all at 2nd quarter just wanna sit back ,relax and see the market movement. Why wrry if u got the money to buy and the time to wait? I had long given up seeing all the spiked up price. I rather not get stucked for the next few yrs wf zero growth,if property not the game anymre. And wf so many owners having hdb to rent out to cover the condo mortgages. Hdb vs condo rental prices might be attractive to the Entry level FTs..
    smart.. that was what I was preaching in Apr 2010.. After the g's annoucement. I saw it all coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    smart.. that was what I was preaching in Apr 2010.. After the g's annoucement. I saw it all coming.
    sell all? sell half? 1hdb+1condo how? sell all got chance tio taxman kopi session too

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    dear hetongshi, really, how in the world did this agent manage to "plant" (aka "Inception") the idea of a "20k profit" into you ....?

what "risk" ?

you risk yourself a 500k loss now ! instead of a 8k lesson.
    Wise words indeed from Jason Lai.

Default Walking Distance

Checked the distance. Mrt is abt 500 m away. 7 mins walk. I walked myself to verify distance
    I often take that walk, the duck rice near the corner is very nice.
    The beatiful houses along the walk makes me forget I am in busy Singapore. Even it is a raining day, the road is not bad. For a shinning day, the trees take good shade.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    My view is that with the new ruling, it is in fact good news for private property with low quantum, e.g. mass market condos...

Reasoning being
    Those HDB "X generations" who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.
    They are not bound by the new ruling,
    and continue to be ready pool of buyers for mass market condos...

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
    but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
    they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
    thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...
    For those stay in HDB and want to buy Private, they need to pay 30% or fully pay thier HDB, so less money to buy Private.
    For those in Private, if what they want is return, they have other choices: bonds, stocks or REITs.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Conflict of Interest

kenna sweet talk again.. my agent says she'll help to sub-sale my unit 3mths or 1 yr later, quoting Dorsett Residences and told me not to worry lah...dun waste the 8k.....then help me find 2bd again to align to my original plan...ask me only buy in 9-12mths time...dun buy now...

Asked her I can trust her or not, wat she mia after I exercise...she says to trust her...long term relationship...she wouldn't want to see her client lose money too..

Think she will not bluff me lah...since she knows I want to buy another unit...can earn from me again...if anything goes wrong...she knows she lose another opportunitiy to earn comm...cos I will not trust and buy from her again...

Actually I'm ok to lose the 8k...but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement...

Wish me luck!
    If the buyer decides not to proceed to exercise the option, the agent will not get the commission from Developer, am I right? (You all know I am not an agent.) So there is a conflict of interests here: agent has incentive to close the deal.

Anyway, MM is not good for own stay. I have made my mistake. It is far too small compared with my HDB! So I have to rent it out ... and start to hunt (or wait) for at least a 2 bed room for own stay.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Face to Face

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    amazing, and after all the advice given as well
    Now I know the power of face to face communication. It reminds me on how people loss money when stock brokers sweet talk, or insurance agents sweet talk.

Maybe this forum will need to have face to face meeting from time to time. But we are all busy ...

How about when VV is TOP, and let's have a drink there? I really want to meet with some of you guys face to face: gfoo, PropertyHunter, Bargin Hunter, Pround Owner, cashrich, depresed, HouseWife and the dear owner.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Financial Planning

Wow...after I told you guys and gals, I'm keeping the unit... a few were offended or perhap upset, I don't know...and had posted nasty, mean and insulting remarks...

Thank you again for sharing, but please be kind in your words......
    I hope you are still reading this forum. Since we are not professioinal property players, we won't be able to time the market. My friend bought a 3 bedder at East Coast for 1.1M in 2007, it then dropped to 0.8M. But now it is 1.3M. So if you intend to hold for ever, it is ok to buy at any time. In particular, if you have no kids, it is a good idea to have income property. VV should give you S$1K - S$2.5K rental depending on the market, good suplement income to survive.
    Now you need to work out your finance to make sure you can hold it for ever.
    First, secure your loan from a bank. Use the same lawyer for your purchase. It will save cost. (Bank will normally absorb the lawyer fee, but you have to use the lawyer recommended by the bank). Try to get the max loan and the longest loan period.
    Second, put aside at least S$100K hard cash just for this property. In case the price drops to S$1000 psf, when you enter into negative equity, the bank may ask you to pay a lum sum to bring up the equity. Your future rental income might be less than monthly morgage payment for some periods, your S$100K will be the buffer. Suggest you open a joint bank account just for this property, so you will not tap it for stocks.
    Third, hold HDB tightly. Do not pay down the $50K. When you use it to buy your 2nd private property, it will be very useful for your down payment. Together with the money you borrow from the bank, you can have S$166K more to buy your 2nd property ($50K / 0.3 = S166K). S$166K is a lot - good enough for you to say good bye to MM.
    Fourth, you need to save and wait. When the next financial crisis comes (who knows, it might be in Year 2017 or 2019), you can buy your 2nd property. A good indicator is COE price drops to less than $5K (1997 and 2008). Consider 99LH if you have no kids. My other friend who has no kids are holding 3 properies - all 99LH. The rental yield is higher. If you don't mind a nice retirement place in outer city, it can be half the psf price compared with Pasir Panjang.
    In the mean time, you need to study the Web site of URA, IRAS, not just HDB and CPF.
    Enjoy the fun of being an owner.
    Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. Change your agent. You need to have control, don't let her to control you.

Default Behavial Finance

Wow...after I told you guys and gals, I'm keeping the unit... a few were offended or perhap upset, I don't know...and had posted nasty, mean and insulting remarks...

Thank you again for sharing, but please be kind in your words......
    I am learning Behavial Finance over the weekend. One interesting topic is risk averse vs loss averse. Risk averse means people will try to minize their risk. For example to avoid a possible huge amount down. Loss averse is people don't like sure loss. So when people are facing a sure immediate loss (8K in this case) compared with a potential loss ($60K in this case), most of people will indeed prefer to avoid the sure loss. So she is just behaving very normally.

Me, for example, knowing the potential of property drop is high, but will try to avoid a sure loss of paying seller stamp duty, agent fees, lawer fees, etc. So I am still holding on to my property. We are just human - living on hopes, not reality.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default Shop selling

Anyone knows how is the shop selling. I heard residential are all sold out?

Thanks,
    Richard

This must be the king of MM, TOP soon to fight with Parc Imperial

haha....not only the occupiers will become thinner and shorter.....they might hf problems to see straight and to walk straight....

haha....not only the occupiers will become thinner and shorter.....they might hf problems to see straight and to walk straight....
    If you really mount the TV on the wall and position your sofa according to the developer layout. You need a new way to watch TV when sitting on your sofa

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    If you really mount the TV on the wall and position your sofa according to the developer layout. You need a new way to watch TV when sitting on your sofa
    nid to buy sofa with rollers as well....if not remove the HS door....LOL