Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Default US Property

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    home sales tanked in july in the US. the number dropped 27 plus percent from a year ago. the sky is falling. It seems real estate is a big loser in the US. Rober shiller argued yesterday that real estate has always been a loser, earning 1% returns after inflation per year over 50 years.

it is the opposite in Singapore. our people buy up whatever shitty projects that developers have dished out at whatever prices they charge. morons!!! those that practice propertism are biggers morons.
    My friend who escaped the financial crasis in 2008, and captured the big rebounce in 2009 is now buying US property. He says you can even get 50% discount by paying full cash.

If my son is going to study in US in 2 years' time, I will sell my Singapore property and buy US - maybe too late by then.

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I really think we should have an area to discuss overseas property for Singaporeans.

unlike the 07 bull, this bull started with hdb as the base. so quantum below 1.5m is popular and snapped up. if shit hits the fence, "$ quantum risk of loans to banks" is "manageable" as a whole. but maybe too bad for individual owners, depends on whether they just bought one or multiple units liao.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    u like that say i lagi scared of MM units

meaning the mkt is supported by people who cannot really afford big units ..

if shit hits the fence .. all these not rich owner how ?

aiya i dun care already

they buy, they support the mkt .. push up surrounding projects .. all happy

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    unlike the 07 bull, this bull started with hdb as the base. so quantum below 1.5m is popular and snapped up. if shit hits the fence, "$ quantum risk of loans to banks" is "manageable" as a whole. but maybe too bad for individual owners, depends on whether they just bought one or multiple units liao.
    on that note .. we mustnt forget 80 pct of population lives in HDB

if 25 pct of them 'upgrade' to condo, which are the same size, if not smaller, and taking commercial loans ..

when things crap out .. 25 pct potentially can create a big mess ...

on that note .. we mustnt forget 80 pct of population lives in HDB

if 25 pct of them 'upgrade' to condo, which are the same size, if not smaller, and taking commercial loans ..

when things crap out .. 25 pct potentially can create a big mess ...
    any ppty will not be spared...those projects experience the biggest gain will have the biggest fall too

home sales tanked in july in the US. the number dropped 27 plus percent from a year ago. the sky is falling. It seems real estate is a big loser in the US. Rober shiller argued yesterday that real estate has always been a loser, earning 1% returns after inflation per year over 50 years.

it is the opposite in Singapore. our people buy up whatever shitty projects that developers have dished out at whatever prices they charge. morons!!! those that practice propertism are biggers morons.
    This sounds like the following article in which the writer worked out numerically that property investment didn't make any economic sense.

You open the map. If you can’t see the place (because it’s too small) but only the name, that’s the place to invest in…Singapore and Hong Kong are the best examples.’ - Ng Teng Fong

I heard stories about Ng Teng Feng....

ppl say he is crazy to pay high price for enbloc and land sale....but he say: if i submit a lower bid and miss it, i will nvr be able to buy tat piece of land in future

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...79940,00.html?

Published August 24, 2010

Over 80% of Viva Vista's shoebox units snapped up

MORE than 80 per cent of the 144 residential units in Oxley Holdings' Viva Vista were snapped up during the project's preview yesterday - indicating that there is still strong demand for small, or shoebox, apartments.

The sizes of the units in the project along South Buona Vista Road range from 323 sq ft to 1,076 sq ft, with the bulk being just shy of 400 sq ft.

Oxley Holdings said that the average transacted price was $1,450 per square foot (psf) while the absolute price started from about $520,000.

The project also has more than 100 commercial units which are yet to be sold.

Market watchers said that affordable and shoebox units continue to be popular with buyers, which could have prompted Oxley to go ahead with the launch of Viva Vista even as most developers hold back their sales activity this month - the seventh month in the lunar calendar.

Last month, 400 out of 468 units were sold in Hong Leong Group's The Scala, accounting for a quarter of July's total sales volume.

Analysts cited the project's affordable pricing tagged to its mainly small units (around $985,000 for a 839-sq-ft two-bedroom unit) as one of the reasons behind the good showing.

The popularity of shoebox units first spiked in 2009. A study by property consultancy CB Richard Ellis in October 2009 showed that small apartments have become more common.

The firm looked at caveats lodged between January and September 2009 and found that 412 new non-landed residential units measuring 500 sq ft or less had been sold - 38 per cent more than the 299 sold in the whole of 2008.

In 2006 and 2007, 171 and 275 such apartments were sold respectively.

big apple there still ok lerr...

then sell cheap cheap to those who missed the boat

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    cant tell the buyer's profile....too many assumptions liao...mabe their budget can stretch to 1mil..but decide to play safe and buy 5xxk instead?
    my main concern is those salaried paid buyers stretching max 80% loan regardless of the types of ppty they bot....

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    big apple there still ok lerr...

i think you must have read the article in spore papers that NY props are picking up ....

honestly, i have been here for over a yr ... and have been tracking the prices ...

i was quite surprised with that article

cos i dont see prices here going up alot ...

to me if not go down then is considered up liao.

if the entire states go down, i suggest u better come back.

i think you must have read the article in spore papers that NY props are picking up ....

honestly, i have been here for over a yr ... and have been tracking the prices ...

i was quite surprised with that article

cos i dont see prices here going up alot ...

if the entire states go down, i suggest u better come back.

theres a term called plateau ....

also the first home buyer credit did help pushed sales numbers up but since its expiry ... sales dropped again ...as evident in the latest numbers

[quote=noblebaby]to me if not go down then is considered up liao.

if the entire states go down, i suggest u better come back.[/quote]

hahah

actually i wish for it to come off ... so i can rent an even bigger better unit

but still... DJ refused to fall...

Geithner must be fired!

theres a term called plateau ....

also the first home buyer credit did help pushed sales numbers up but since its expiry ... sales dropped again ...as evident in the latest numbers

haha. i knew u will say that.

[quote=proud owner]

if the entire states go down, i suggest u better come back.[/quote]

hahah

actually i wish for it to come off ... so i can rent an even bigger better unit

[quote=noblebaby]haha. i knew u will say that.

i love those prewar brownstone townhouse ...really quaint

and the loft units ...down at soho , tribeca ...gorgeous

those modern Lofts in spore just cant come close

collaspe of currency will happen soon?

will SGD ever collaspe?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_dollar

Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) against a concealed basket of currencies of Singapore's major trading partners and competitors. This in theory allows the Singaporean government to have more control over imported inflation and to ensure that Singapore's exports remain competitive. All issued Singapore dollar currency in circulation is fully backed by international assets to maintain public confidence.

concealed basket!

likely... then we can go to states to visit proud owner

collaspe of currency will happen soon?

likely... then we can go to states to visit proud owner
    if usd weakens ... its inflationary

imagine 1 usd now you can get a coke

once weakens ... you need to pay 1.5 usd (example) to get that same coke

thats inflation

so you may end up paying more for the same item

noblebaby is implying tat $1SGD=$100USD in future...

its not our problem wat, we r in Singapore haha.

if usd weakens ... its inflationary

imagine 1 usd now you can get a coke

once weakens ... you need to pay 1.5 usd (example) to get that same coke

thats inflation

so you may end up paying more for the same item

u vry understand me.

noblebaby is implying tat $1SGD=$100USD in future...

its not our problem wat, we r in Singapore haha.

leow
    speak tomorrow

hutton's agent updated: left with only 8 units of 1 bedrooms and few Penthouses

Default Viva Vista

Hi, I'm a greenhorn to pte ppty, just booked a mm in Viva Vista. Orginal plan is to buy a condo for own stay and rent out my HDB when. But made a hasty decision to buy viva and intend to rent out instead cos too small already. With the new measurement, is it better to cancel my booking and pay 25% of the booking fee, about 8k and look out for bargain buy or should I hold on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    Hi, I'm a greenhorn to pte ppty, just booked a mm in Viva Vista. Orginal plan is to buy a condo for own stay and rent out my HDB when. But made a hasty decision to buy viva and intend to rent out instead cos too small already. With the new measurement, is it better to cancel my booking and pay 25% of the booking fee, about 8k and look out for bargain buy or should I hold on to it.
    The major mistake is to buy a MM for own stay. If you can hold (subject to the new property ruling), just keep it for rental and don't waste the 8k. Medium to long term property price should still go up.

Expect TOP in 2015 only, I'm thinking to let go the 8k and wait for better opportunity and bargain. Cos currently market at it's Peak, thinking 5 years down the road, with the new measurement there will be more supply and lesser demand, and buyer/tenant will have more choices, price might not go up, then my money will be stuck for 5 years or even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    Expect TOP in 2015 only, I'm thinking to let go the 8k and wait for better opportunity and bargain. Cos currently market at it's Peak, thinking 5 years down the road, with the new measurement there will be more supply and lesser demand, and buyer/tenant will have more choices, price might not go up, then my money will be stuck for 5 years or even longer.
    I totally agree with you. Save your ammo for future use. Why tie youself up with the current uncertainity. $8K is a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The major mistake is to buy a MM for own stay. If you can hold (subject to the new property ruling), just keep it for rental and don't waste the 8k. Medium to long term property price should still go up.
    I think you should hold it till TOP if you have the holding power. The TOP should be around 2014. The new measures, TLV 70%, stamp duty 3 years etc will only affect OTP on and after 30 August. You have already OTP right? I have also brought a unit there.

Think I'll be subject to the 3yr stamp duty, cos haven't exercising the option yet, deadline is 6 Sep. If I hold on to it, I will not have spare cash to buy for own stay, if the market goes down.

u bought which stack?