Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Will break this news to my agent tomorrow.....

Ya visited the show flat three times, drove along the area many times and come to the conclusion to miss this project cos feel it is 50/50 chance. You may read my earlier post on viva vista.

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    since u have already made up your mind, I can share with you what I thought abt this.

... sorry to say , this project is a total BS. u should have returned the option regardless. luckily there are these new policies that helped you to make the decision easier.

$1500 at Pasir Panjang, tiny shops nobody wants, major noisy roads, no real facilities. MM. Really purely for *speculators*. Dun join the game.

jog past the showroom 2nd time this 2 weeks...

there are many other (new & old) projects along the stretch, but mm on a spot where nearest mrt is still a sweaty walk...

buy if u could visualise yrself staying there for a minimum of 1 year

ok pal

i have a landed in that arae..

its a nice area to LIVE .. but if you have kids , now or later ... its not a good location .. NO PRIMARY SCH within 1 km at all

u have to consider this

so your MM unit is purely a bachelor pad ..

these renters will come and go .. but the MM unit will forever be a bachelor pad ..not for family .. its too small

like i said before why pay above 1200 psf for a tiny unit to target just singles ?

for below 1000 psf you can get FH , bigger units of 2-3 bedroom across the road or nearby

After reading so many post in this forum, seems like it will be a wiser choice for me to forgo my 8k at Viva vista....Maybe can get a 2bdm at NV residences for own stay instead of have to wait long long for rental yield at this uncertain market......
    did u view some units at Parc imperial b4 u decide to book a unit at VV?

if so, i wonder y u choose to buy VV instead...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ok pal

i have a landed in that arae..

its a nice area to LIVE .. but if you have kids , now or later ... its not a good location .. NO PRIMARY SCH within 1 km at all

u have to consider this

so your MM unit is purely a bachelor pad ..

these renters will come and go .. but the MM unit will forever be a bachelor pad ..not for family .. its too small

like i said before why pay above 1200 psf for a tiny unit to target just singles ?

for below 1000 psf you can get FH , bigger units of 2-3 bedroom across the road or nearby
    he only willing to spend 5xxk

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    he only willing to spend 5xxk

well then VV is not an ideal location to spend that 500k ...

Well well. Every project has its own meritS and discounts. Who knows tessarina in bukit timah will have serious flooding issues when it was first launched?

no lah, my budget was initially 600-700k 2bd for own stay, but act on impulse, from knowing the project to booking the unit, just 4 hours lor....very sotong...

called my agent, she really discourage me leh...said shld look at 5 yrs later, sell and make some profit... but very long lei...

when down Parc Imperial to view the 389sqft last week after I booked, very small loh...cannot lah... just wardrobe only got headache liao....

Just me and my hubby lah..no intention to have kids...But hor..that unit 606k 1560psf, in future really can make meh, rental according to the agent abt 2.2k-2.5k.

So where got good price for VVIP preview, the surrounding area got cheaper units, like maylea.

agent ask me hold, make a 20k then sell and she'll keep a lookout for me to buy my 2bd condo for own stay then rent out my 5rm HDB. Telling me I am very lucky, booked the unit befer 30Aug, loan not affected.

Guys, please advise. OTP deadline is 6Sep.

Help!!!!

Before that purchase, I'm actually lookin to buy one in D12,13 near mrt near my bros and mum.

Any good buy in these areas?

wow you very direct leh. But that is the feeling I got too! .....difficult to have upside.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    since u have already made up your mind, I can share with you what I thought abt this.

... sorry to say , this project is a total BS. u should have returned the option regardless. luckily there are these new policies that helped you to make the decision easier.

$1500 at Pasir Panjang, tiny shops nobody wants, major noisy roads, no real facilities. MM. Really purely for *speculators*. Dun join the game.

Before that purchase, I'm actually lookin to buy one in D12,13 near mrt near my bros and mum.

Any good buy in these areas?
    D13 is good, got upside. there are good schools around and lands yet to be developed.

You go check it out.

Wait and see for the price to stablised and go......must have money to standby else, talk so much also no use.

I love property since very young age but no $$ and dare not to throw all I have. I have waited and miss the boat twice until 10+ years later where there is a 20% correction. I bought last year FH big units in D5, big 3 bedder in today’s standard. So you have to be patience. I know some guys are better than I am in terms of property investment but I have no regrets cos I am not belonging to those jump into it and cannot recover back the $ after 10 years and worrying about installments.

I also come to this conclusion LH 20 years does not suit my investment appetite unless in very good location, bou at low psf.

I was told during my initial post, the indicative price quoted by agent for this project is 1500 psf for 1B and $1350 for bigger units (2B). Some said in this forum they bou at $520K for 1 bedder. This work out to be $1340 psf for 1 bedder 388sq sf. If my assumption is correct, I think not many investors are interested in this project.

Can some owner verify this?

The reason for agent to hold you back is they will get more commission. And at this current market, is it still easier for them to sell the return units? No one knows. Right now, the investors are staying aside and to the small developer, as long as the profit target met, sell. FEO is the only exceptions.

think 1340psf is those inner unit, pool facing, and most VV units have no cross ventilation.

Vote counts now is 6 is return, 2 is keep.

rattydrama= return
    proudowner=return
    devilplate=return
    amk=return
    patricia=return
    SCSC=keep-if can stay for a year (I can't, can only rent out if keep), so return

happily13=keep
    applemon=keep

You decide hor, sicali government make another announcement and all private shot up again.

Hey hetongshi, my situation is similar to urs, hubby and I, no kids, stayed in 4-room HDB flat.

U ve to decide this yourself..based on ur current situation...not on our comments...no regrets later,

no worries, won't hold ur all for anything lah...just some kind thoughts from you guys, I was just trying to make some fun out of this...

better keep my money to buy for own stay, thinking what for buy new condo let others stay, might as well I stay condo and rent out my HDB.

So now must accumulate more saving liao...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    wow you very direct leh. But that is the feeling I got too! .....difficult to have upside.
    hetongshi, I'm really sorry.. I thought u already decided so I was a bit direct. hope no hard feelings.

This project was really to capitalize on the mkt sentiment. $1600 psf used to be for Cainhill just a few yrs back! Singles renting outskirt is a totally untested market. Do you want to be the pioneer to test it out, with a 5y horizon ? MM near town still has a point, as single swinging angmos like it (who cares abt facility ? have SPGs and drinks nearby good enough already). What in this area is attractive to singles ? Nothing. Lecturers from NUS or engineers from science park etc all will be decent families. Not the type looking at MM.
    Dun worry abt the new rules. To be very honest, at most 70% for 2nd loan should be the way. One should not stretch too much. In fact with the new policies, all signs pointed to a cooling down of market. Small developers (the kind doing MMs) may even have to reduce price if they dun have holding power. I won't be surprised they will dangle a 2% carrot now.
    More over, look at yourself, are you a pure "investor" i.e. speculator, buying something with no intention to stay whatsoever ? Or you are looking at something that, in case cannot sell, just stay in it ? If you are the latter, you should buy something that you will stay for yourself comfortably at least. There are lots of 2bds ard, at much lower psf, even in the same area.
    one last thing, do not ever listen to the agent selling u the pty. Of course they will try to convince you to buy.

think 1340psf is those inner unit, pool facing, and most VV units have no cross ventilation.

Vote counts now is 6 is return, 2 is keep.

rattydrama= return
    proudowner=return
    devilplate=return
    amk=return
    patricia=return
    SCSC=keep-if can stay for a year (I can't, can only rent out if keep), so return

happily13=keep
    applemon=keep
    stalingrad=return and kick the agent.

Amk, no worries I like frank comments. I already doubt my decision already, just want to collate more opinions.

Thank you so much and also no worries guys, will not hold you liable to anything.

After reading so many post in this forum, seems like it will be a wiser choice for me to forgo my 8k at Viva vista....Maybe can get a 2bdm at NV residences for own stay instead of have to wait long long for rental yield at this uncertain market......
    Yes, ur right
    Firstly, it is not possible to stay in a MM unit...
    secondly, price consolidation has a downside of 5%
    Thirdly : this is not a great location

But assessing the situation, the pent up demand will be slowly gathering force in two - three years, if the economy is doing well, then the price will still be on its uptrend

I might as well pick a choice unit during this time, a mere 1% discount can recover the 8k loss and yet can stay and get rental from my 5rm flat.

I might as well pick a choice unit during this time, a mere 1% discount can recover the 8k loss and yet can stay and get rental from my 5rm flat.
    not suggesting u to buy now...

however, from my point of view: u shd buy a resale/ready ppty to move in (within ur budget) and start collecting rent from ur HDB flat...take 3 or 5yrs fixed loan and happily enjoy the low interest rate for the next 3-5yrs.....HDB rental demand will always be there.....influx of immigrants will always be there

tats the biggest loophole and privilege for the fortunate ones....apparently, i really kiss goodbye to HDB flat

I thought if u hv hdb and condo, u must stay in hdb? Cannot rent out hdb?

better keep my money to buy for own stay, thinking what for buy new condo let others stay, might as well I stay condo and rent out my HDB.

So now must accumulate more saving liao...

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    I thought if u hv hdb and condo, u must stay in hdb? Cannot rent out hdb?
    as i just said, tats the biggest loophole now!!!!

after MOP period, u can buy pte and stay in it and rent out ur HDB!