Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    Did u grab a unit a VV?[

QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?
    [/QUOTE]

VV is not going to TOP in at least 2-3 yrs.

so if VV at 6psf, wat is the rental expected? sorry i new...

oh i know liao...388*6=2328

D13 The Acacias FH 1yr old, not bad, 1+1 657sqft 3 units only, no one selling lor...

i think many many people here have already given you their thoughts and advice. it's up to you to interpret them and act as you deem fit

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    pondering whether I take the risk of gaining the 20k or loss 8k no risk?
    dear hetongshi, really, how in the world did this agent manage to "plant" (aka "Inception") the idea of a "20k profit" into you ....?

what "risk" ?

you risk yourself a 500k loss now ! instead of a 8k lesson.

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for sharing, I will say goodbye to VV....Rather pain a little bit now, coming mths will look out to buy one for own stay.... one FH and as long as i like and feel good about it, price goes down also not worry..

Ppyt is a big purchase, since VV differs from my initial intention, better steer now into the right course....

anyway my agt nvr call me back yesterday as she said, just let OTp lapse...

Cosmo at guillemard crescent 398 sq ft is tenanted at 2.6k. Personally I prefer vv to siglap v cos vv is nearer to city, sentosa, business city and mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    Cosmo at guillemard crescent 398 sq ft is tenanted at 2.6k. Personally I prefer vv to siglap v cos vv is nearer to city, sentosa, business city and mrt.
    Aiyo (stupid joke coming up) why you all like v here v there all the deVelopment got v... too many vvip preVievvs is it....

Hetongshi, check your pm

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for sharing, I will say goodbye to VV....Rather pain a little bit now, coming mths will look out to buy one for own stay.... one FH and as long as i like and feel good about it, price goes down also not worry..

Ppyt is a big purchase, since VV differs from my initial intention, better steer now into the right course....

The critical decision now is => buy for stay... buy for investment is out of the window... especially when you are not prepared to stay in it if cannot sell.

I would encourage you to buy and exercise the option if you are prepared to stay in it. But you have just revealed here that you are not going to stay there and would not exercise the option. You are smarter than most.

I wish u good luck. Buy a proper condo with facilities to pamper yourself lah.. why squeeze into some budget hotel look alike. Hotel-FH?

true

QUOTE=Condorich]The critical decision now is => buy for stay... buy for investment is out of the window... especially when you are not prepared to stay in it if cannot sell.

I would encourage you to buy and exercise the option if you are prepared to stay in it. But you have just revealed here that you are not going to stay there and would not exercise the option. You are smarter than most.

I wish u good luck. Buy a proper condo with facilities to pamper yourself lah.. why squeeze into some budget hotel look alike. Hotel-FH?[/QUOTE]

I disagree.. can afford it just buy it.. miss it and regret it.

To each his own. As long as u are happy buying or selling. At the end of the day, don't lament what should have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    wah rental for icon now being chased. btw, will u consider this project? I tot quite good since it top the rental price.
    yes quite good....last yr lows ard 1300psf and not many firesale avail....i offer a unit but seller withdrawn

so next lows will probably be around 15xxpsf if u believe future trough will be higher den previous trough...so if u can find below 1800psf 1bedder now...not bad

not bad IMO:

10 Gopeng Street #22-03
    99 Yrs From 29/01/2002
    $1732
    $988k
    30 Jul 10
    10 Gopeng Street #22-09
    99 Yrs From 29/01/2002
    $1720
    $1000k
    23 Jul 10

calculated, 1560psf if go up 10% +156=1716*388=665,888-605,280(1560psf)=60,528-40000(2 SSD)=20,528 gain vs 7,566 penalty.

Next question, can go up 10% or not?
    You have forgotten the 3% seller's tax ($20k) if it is sold within the first year, which will wipe out your projected gains. If you add the interest about $8k depending on your package, 10% rise in property price will still give you a minimum net loss of $8k. So your purchase is not meant for selling in the next 3-4 years.

Actually I stayed in a studio unit overseas for 6 months before. It was quite good actually in terms of convenience of walking around the house and maintaining it (it just takes 1-2 hour to clean the entire unit inside out every few days).

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I disagree.. can afford it just buy it.. miss it and regret it.
    I can afford to buy landed only $300k but left only 10 yr lease.

what abt I keep the mm, sell my flat when fully paid in 2013, 350k proceeds to cpf acc, cash proceed 90k, +3yrs savint+ loan 200k from bank. Then buy a 1+1 or 2bd at abt 650sqft?

what abt I keep the mm, sell my flat when fully paid in 2013, 350k proceeds to cpf acc, cash proceed 90k, +3yrs savint+ loan 200k from bank. Then buy a 1+1 or 2bd at abt 650sqft?
    Come that time... HDB flats may be much cheaper than what is selling now... when new ones are of comparable price and the waiting time is short... no one will buy an older and outdated HDB flat if they can help it.

Comes that time.. the gap for private and MM may be futher widened and you find yourself in a bigger "negative equity" than before..

Don't lose ur HDB lah... hard to get it back with the new measures introduced. Do you know that previously if you sold your private, you HAVE TO WAIT 3 years before you can buy a HDB? But I think now they would allow you to sell and buy almost immediately (but raise the MOP from 3 years to 5 years)...

Life is a gamble anyway.. do you own betting... win or loose happily.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Come that time... HDB flats may be much cheaper than what is selling now... when new ones are of comparable price and the waiting time is short... no one will buy an older and outdated HDB flat if they can help it.

Comes that time.. the gap for private and MM may be futher widened and you find yourself in a bigger "negative equity" than before..

Don't lose ur HDB lah... hard to get it back with the new measures introduced. Do you know that previously if you sold your private, you HAVE TO WAIT 3 years before you can buy a HDB? But I think now they would allow you to sell and buy almost immediately (but raise the MOP from 3 years to 5 years)...

Life is a gamble anyway.. do you own betting... win or loose happily.

i agree with Condorich ... you should keep your HDB ...

8K lesson is nothing in the world of property.

I think maybe you have already make up your mind since the first post in this thread. Just need some "backup" from the bros/sis here.

Fight again another day.

Hi all,

the easiest decision for any one to make:

(1) in the middle of nowhere
    (2) no facilities
    (3) on top of small shops and bars
    (4) so cramped and uncomfortable
    (5) and so god*** expensive.

why would anyone want to pay that price and live in it is beyond me.

Ok, decide not to go ahead with the purchase and loss the 8k.

Now start accumulate more savings for new purchase...I can pay off outstanding 50k hdb loan using CPF now and if I see something I like for own stay, pay 20% and loan 80%. Is that correct for current rules?

A 650+ unit will be good enuff for me and my husband, budget 700-800k then rent out hdb.

In future when want to downgrade to 3rm or studio flat, move back to flat and sell ppty.

Is this a better planning? Since no hurry to buy lah...must do more research first, cannot plunder again...

8k is a small lesson in 'poor' timing.

VV - I agree with Stalingrad for most part but I reckon some pple don't mind being "inside the Circle Line" (relatively near the city) and yet away from the crowds/traffic.

Ok, decide not to go ahead with the purchase and loss the 8k.

Now start accumulate more savings for new purchase...I can pay off outstanding 50k hdb loan using CPF now and if I see something I like for own stay, pay 20% and loan 80%. Is that correct for current rules?

A 650+ unit will be good enuff for me and my husband, budget 700-800k then rent out hdb.

In future when want to downgrade to 3rm or studio flat, move back to flat and sell ppty.

Is this a better planning? Since no hurry to buy lah...must do more research first, cannot plunder again...
    Wise choice. 8k loss is painful, but it is not that significant in the long run in terms of property purchase or values. Even without the newly announced measures, there are better picks out there in the market.. In fact it might be a blessing in disguise that the govt announcements made you reconsider and ultimately abort your purchase.

Good luck and hope you don't buy on impulse again the next time

tink twice b4 u fully redemn ur HDB loan....although its a small sum 50k

bank loan used to be higher den HDB loan except this very special period

True, booked the unit 23Aug, regretted the very next day 24Aug..called my agent abt my doubts...asked me not to worry... 30Aug....garment announced....make me more worry lor...

Last few days....think again and again...ask again and again....

A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone here for sharing...You guys and gals are great!!!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tink twice b4 u fully redemn ur HDB loan....although its a small sum 50k

bank loan used to be higher den HDB loan except this very special period
    this special period looks like will stretch to become a special era

Peeps, this place buy for investment ok?

I generally don't like condos on top of shops. but this one is worse than others of the same kind. the shops are small, and therefore would not be very pleasant to live next to. crowds and noise, fights would be problems.