Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

lucky for me garment announce now, cos the next day after i booked, i called my agent about wrong decision, she told me i can sell my hdb now as prices is at peak, then buy another 1+1 or 2bd for own stay, keep mm for rental.

if not i lagi siao liao...

Hetongshi,

So u returning or keeping? How big is your mm? If u hv no kids, u can actually stay there with your hub. Freehold, mins walk fr mrt and mall downstairs.

aiyoh, only 388sqft only...cannot lah, not meant for 2 pax, like I said earlier just the wardrobe cannot tahan liao... not enuff for my hubby clothings and not to mention mine.....2 person must at least 592sqft so ard 55sqm, abt the size of hdb studio flat for snr citizens.

It's quite impossible for 2 to stay in 388 lor..unless each only got 5 sets of clothings, 2 pair of shoes, one set of bedsheet....

Question

So if I don't keep, I just don't do anything, the developer will refund the balance 75% of the booking fee to me? Do I need to do anything??

Quote Originally Posted by hetongshi
    lucky for me garment announce now, cos the next day after i booked, i called my agent about wrong decision, she told me i can sell my hdb now as prices is at peak, then buy another 1+1 or 2bd for own stay, keep mm for rental.

if not i lagi siao liao...
    get a pact: ask yr agent give u his/her commission for 3yrs security keep, exclusive deal to sell mm. If poorer rental or selling price down the road, then he/she gonna forfeit the secured commission.

The agent will probably ask u fly kite

but hor, my agent seems very sincere...she said she aim for long term relationship with client rather than 1 off commission, ask me to trust her...but hor who can guarantee sure win, sekali......

Moreover, mm for rental is not my original plan lah...so pay 8k to learn not to act on impulse...

but hor, my agent seems very sincere...she said she aim for long term relationship with client rather than 1 off commission, ask me to trust her...but hor who can guarantee sure win, sekali......

Moreover, mm for rental is not my original plan lah...so pay 8k to learn not to act on impulse...
    they all look and sound sincere. I would too if my commissions are at stake.

i think they can hear u. soon they will plug this loophole..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    as i just said, tats the biggest loophole now!!!!

after MOP period, u can buy pte and stay in it and rent out ur HDB!

last time no build new 3rm flat hor, so no choice pick the 5rm since avail immed at that time. Now want to downgrade also difficult, 3rm for income <3k ,2nd timer only 5% chance in balloting, direct from HDB got to pay 45k levy.

3rm resale mkt age 25yrs and above loh.... how to buy and downsize....Basically my main purpose is to downsize rather than upgrade, must at least 600sqft...

Cleaning my 5rm flat for past 10yrs really no enuff liao, old liao no stamina,haha and just me and my husband, a waste of space.

if hdbs allow me to buy new 3rm flat, I will not buy condo liao, keep the money, buy shares more liquid and flexible..

My situation is same as you but mine bigger in size. Clean for 10 years until siao. So rent out 2 rooms for rental income and clan less. Now got kids and maid so situation slightly better. Actually plan to sell already got valuation but hor with this rule got stuck same as you.

last time no build new 3rm flat hor, so no choice pick the 5rm since avail immed at that time. Now want to downgrade also difficult, 3rm for income <3k ,2nd timer only 5% chance in balloting, direct from HDB got to pay 45k levy.

3rm resale mkt age 25yrs and above loh.... how to buy and downsize....Basically my main purpose is to downsize rather than upgrade, must at least 600sqft...

Cleaning my 5rm flat for past 10yrs really no enuff liao, old liao no stamina,haha and just me and my husband, a waste of space.

So if I don't keep, I just don't do anything, the developer will refund the balance 75% of the booking fee to me? Do I need to do anything??
    I have experienced to return my unit to developer when Lehman brother suddenly collapsed in October 2008.

It is better to write officially to the developer's lawyer before the exercise date informing them that you do not wish to exercise the option and how you want to receive the balance of the 75% of your deposit in your letter.

So garment should look into this, cater for couple with no kids kind of policy mah, die die ask to buy at least a 4rm...

last time, wrote in to them....they said 3rm for lower income but the psf selling price abt the same wat, all subsided lor....

Im sick with cleaning liao, gotten a china part timer cleaner, also headache lor....

I concur with devil's idea: buy a 2bd condo ready to move in. then rent out HDB for rental income. big HDB very good to rent. plenty of demand. yield very high.

not meant to say buy immediately, but to look out for it.

and yes this is a very big loophole. try to do it before gov plug it.

now die die cannot sell away hdb, for existing hdb owner think they will not say, think the most they can do is raise the MOP to 10yrs....

dormer,

did u regret returning? I actually wanted to return a unit in Telok Kurau and forfeit the 25 % which is abt 10k. I din in the end, 2 years later, I sold it and pocket $60k profit. Not much but better than losing 10k, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    dormer,

did u regret returning? I actually wanted to return a unit in Telok Kurau and forfeit the 25 % which is abt 10k. I din in the end, 2 years later, I sold it and pocket $60k profit. Not much but better than losing 10k, I guess
    I lost 15K that time but did not regret because I made back from buying stocks and pick up another property during the down time.

wow, my agent really trying her best to dissuade me lor....best location lah..commercial units lah, all pte ppty there lah, said 3mths help me to sell then look for own stay...say FH npb sg land scare, ppty value will go up, don't waste 8k for nothing,blah blah blah... then I ask her if i don't want just don't go banker and lawyer is it.....think she's upset lor...but seem quite geniune...if only she's my sister, I'll believe her...

Now she's with another client...will call me again later....

Die liao, I very soft ear want lor.....

wow, my agent really trying her best to dissuade me lor....best location lah..commercial units lah, all pte ppty there lah, said 3mths help me to sell then look for own stay...say FH npb sg land scare, ppty value will go up, don't waste 8k for nothing,blah blah blah... then I ask her if i don't want just don't go banker and lawyer is it.....think she's upset lor...but seem quite geniune...if only she's my sister, I'll believe her...

based on ur previous threads...u wanted to shift into a smaller sized home preferably a condo

u obviously make a wrong decision by buying new launches.....u must be firm and really noe wat u want not unless u got lots of cash...and buy another one later....

buy resale now and dun have to do so much cleaning chores 3mths later

3yrs is a long wait....may ended up with endless sleepless nite

It's true that freehold land parcels are rare now. Look at the latest sites in reserve list. They are all leasehold.

Quote Originally Posted by applelemon
    It's true that freehold land parcels are rare now. Look at the latest sites in reserve list. They are all leasehold.
    since duno when ...govt had stop selling FH land

FH land is definitely better den LH....BUT one has limited investment TIME HORIZON....SO, location still matters the most for me most impt is to choose the right project/location/price at tat point of purchase....buy ppty A instead of B or C...3-5yrs later....which one appreciates the most....

somemore no kids...who to pass the freehold ppty/landed to??? also gives back to AH GONG(govt) or ur siblins/uncle/auntie etc...haha

After reading so many post in this forum, seems like it will be a wiser choice for me to forgo my 8k at Viva vista....Maybe can get a 2bdm at NV residences for own stay instead of have to wait long long for rental yield at this uncertain market......
    If you need help, read this -> http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9065

Very long... but basically... MM units are a waste of time if you are not prepared to live in it.

8K is nothing lah... donate it to developer and catch the new sales which will be at least 3 to 5% cheaper in the short run.. and quite likely to up to 20% in the longer run (as reported in the news).

If you want to make your agent feel better... give her $500 as consolation money and be firm that you will not exercise the option.

Informing the developer early is good as developer may even counter offer or give u some discounts... or to put up the unit for sale to others quickly.

I would think that developer would give u some discounts if you inform them that you are very firm in NOT EXERCISING THE OPTION. Update us.

deleted due to duplication.

My view is that with the new ruling, it is in fact good news for private property with low quantum, e.g. mass market condos...

Reasoning being
    Those HDB "X generations" who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.
    They are not bound by the new ruling,
    and continue to be ready pool of buyers for mass market condos...

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
    but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
    they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
    thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...

U hv a pt too

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    My view is that with the new ruling, it is in fact good news for private property with low quantum, e.g. mass market condos...

Reasoning being
    Those HDB "X generations" who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.
    They are not bound by the new ruling,
    and continue to be ready pool of buyers for mass market condos...

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
    but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
    they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
    thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...
    I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?

hetongshi - how old are you and is this money you can afford to lose?

Did u grab a unit a VV?[

QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?[/QUOTE]

My agent friend in spore told me a 5 rm HDB , not sure where , was rented out at 3k ..

So garment should look into this, cater for couple with no kids kind of policy mah, die die ask to buy at least a 4rm...

last time, wrote in to them....they said 3rm for lower income but the psf selling price abt the same wat, all subsided lor....

Im sick with cleaning liao, gotten a china part timer cleaner, also headache lor....
    sigh

where is your HDB ?

if you want pm me .. i recommend you my part time maid ..shes very good and efficient ..

she cleans my house 3600 sqft in 4 hrs .. shes been doing it for me for a while so she is very familiar with how she plans her 4 hrs .. and includes ironing ...