Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cityscape @ Farrer Pk (Mergui Road)

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    your price quote for real bro?
    Of course real lah bro!! Very reasonable offer right??

User Info Menu

yah, too late
    Called to check, only 2+S left
    No more too 2br

This is the problem of not being in the mkt cos no active plans to buy
    So become lazy, now lose opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Of course real lah bro!! Very reasonable offer right??
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Banned

User Info Menu

Thumbs down

Many indian / bangalah.....near that FARRER area on weekends !

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wendytan
    But the problem is.. The price City Sq Res with over 10x times more indian/banga.. cost more than the quiet side of Cityscape over at Mergui Rd

User Info Menu

that's near Flanders sq, far from this site which's nearer moulmein

Quote Originally Posted by wendytan
    if you dont't own any property, you're short. take cover quickly

Banned

User Info Menu

uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

User Info Menu

Default Is it worth to buy the cityscape

Hi,

The cityscape price doesnt seem to drop..Will the recent property cooling measures,bring the price down ?..

Is it advisable to buy now ?

User Info Menu

The developer bought the land cheap and can afford to wait out. But if there are no takers at all over next 3 months, we shall see. Worth holding on. It's going to be buyers' market.

Quote Originally Posted by vsk
    Hi,

The cityscape price doesnt seem to drop..Will the recent property cooling measures,bring the price down ?..

Is it advisable to buy now ?

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doom
    The developer bought the land cheap and can afford to wait out. But if there are no takers at all over next 3 months, we shall see. Worth holding on. It's going to be buyers' market.
    NB! You dunno just say dunno lah..
    Developer where got bought the "land"??.. It was an enbloc deal lah..

The deal was not cheap.. that's why even after so many months.. this developer die die hold on to its asking price lah!!

User Info Menu

Default Ignorant

To someone ignorant and yet try to be worldly wise, this is the official definition which I have extracted for you:

"Land is a very important component in any property transaction. To acquire land for a project, property developers have two main sources to turn to. The first source is to buy public land from the government via GLS program. The second source is to purchase private land from existing owners via the en-bloc process. Hence, developers who wish to profit from housing demand in locations that have little (or no) public land for sale would have to turn to en-bloc deals."

SO is en-bloc deal not the same as buying land?? NB!

NB! You dunno just say dunno lah..
    Developer where got bought the "land"??.. It was an enbloc deal lah..

The deal was not cheap.. that's why even after so many months.. this developer die die hold on to its asking price lah!!

User Info Menu

Default Shocked

I am indeed shocked that for someone who had made 1,500+ posts in this forum, and has made many cryptic comments . . . and yet is totally ignorant about what is en bloc vis-a-vis buying land? Friend, you can buy land from the government or from private home owners! The latter is usually termed en-bloc. Understand??

User Info Menu

Default Final Word

Yeah, forgot to add . . . final word on this for the Ignoramus. The en bloc deal was concluded in 2007. The quantum is in public domain, do you think 2007 land prices can be higher than today's land prices? So on hindsight, the developer did have a good deal. In fact, a very good deal!

Junior

User Info Menu

Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
    Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project??

User Info Menu

En-bloc for 5 walk-up apartment projects:

Norfolk Court/Mergui Lodge/Northern Mansion/Mergui Court/The Mergui
    - $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.

Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
    Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project??

Junior

User Info Menu

- $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.
    Thanks for the info!!
    Last time even heard the breakeven is like 1.2k+ psf.. not sure is correct..
    But seeing the developer keep advertising from 1.3k psf.. I think around $1.2k+ psf is their breakeven price.. I think

Junior

User Info Menu

- $526ppr

Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be

User Info Menu

You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.

Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be

Junior

User Info Menu

You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.
    Initially nobody were interested due to its location (even through is city fringe).. cos is at the end of Mergui Road..

When OCR 99-LH projects selling at above $1.2k psf.. & price continue to climb.. suddenly ppl begin to show interest in city-fringe project.. which incl. Cityscape towards Q4 last year

Senior

User Info Menu

But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance.

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance.

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges
    Ya! what I don't like is the SUPER BIG balcony.. almost the size of a masterbdrm + the bathroom

But the city view should be very nice if you take the high floor unit