Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Cityscape @ Farrer Pk (Mergui Road)

Default Shocked

I am indeed shocked that for someone who had made 1,500+ posts in this forum, and has made many cryptic comments . . . and yet is totally ignorant about what is en bloc vis-a-vis buying land? Friend, you can buy land from the government or from private home owners! The latter is usually termed en-bloc. Understand??

Default Final Word

Yeah, forgot to add . . . final word on this for the Ignoramus. The en bloc deal was concluded in 2007. The quantum is in public domain, do you think 2007 land prices can be higher than today's land prices? So on hindsight, the developer did have a good deal. In fact, a very good deal!

Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
    Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project??

En-bloc for 5 walk-up apartment projects:

Norfolk Court/Mergui Lodge/Northern Mansion/Mergui Court/The Mergui
    - $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Wow!! So knowledgeable on this project..
    Please provide somemore.. so what is the "breakeven price" to sell for this project??

Quote Originally Posted by Doom

- $526ppr

I guess one can work out the sums, my guess is they are sitting on good profits with $1,350++psf.

A friend of mine was staying at Mergui lodge. She could have bought a Novena condo for $800psf then with the money she got. Instead, she bought a HDB and lives to regret that decision.
    Thanks for the info!!
    Last time even heard the breakeven is like 1.2k+ psf.. not sure is correct..
    But seeing the developer keep advertising from 1.3k psf.. I think around $1.2k+ psf is their breakeven price.. I think

- $526ppr

Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be

You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Novena condo now already over 2 times of the $800psf.. she must be

You're right about that!

Actually Cityscape is a good project. Still eyeing it. If price drops . . .

Freehold. Over 90,000 sqft land, only 250 units.

Compared with Bartley Residence, 200,000sft land, 700+ units. Eight Riversuites 200,000sft land, 800+ units.

Some units face CTE, so you get noise. But location-wise, it's not bad. City fringe. Walk to Farrer Park MRT, 8 minutes.
    Initially nobody were interested due to its location (even through is city fringe).. cos is at the end of Mergui Road..

When OCR 99-LH projects selling at above $1.2k psf.. & price continue to climb.. suddenly ppl begin to show interest in city-fringe project.. which incl. Cityscape towards Q4 last year

But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance.

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    But the layout cmi, ultra big balcony with planters, bay windows all over, long and useless passage way from main entrance.

The only plus point are the small a/c ledges
    Ya! what I don't like is the SUPER BIG balcony.. almost the size of a masterbdrm + the bathroom

But the city view should be very nice if you take the high floor unit

There are Pros and Cons for sure. If Cityscape very high floor 1.5kpsf vs EightRS also 1.5kpsf, then there will be takers for Cityscape FH and D8, and walking distance to 2 MRTs. And 1km to SJI Jnr etc etc

in the bedrooms, 70% of the windows are fixed panel glass and you can only open the rest of 30%

the kitchen of 2 bedroom units may not sufficient light as theirs windows face a recess area

Wow u guys are really detailed. Have not been looking at projects with such a fine tooth comb. Guess that's the way to go. Guess that's why people often go with tried and tested, been-there-done-that developers who give people what they need, what they want.

Default help required in deciding condo. purchase

hi,

we are looking to purchase a pte apt/condo for our own stay. we prefer to be around farrer park area.

understand that cityscape units which are selling at 1.5 m, are facing CTE (low floor)..

we looked at couple of other options in kerrisdale , kentish court etc.,

we liked kentish court, because the surrounding area is calm and not much crowd. But the price of this 12 year old apt, is also 1.5 m.

i feel kerrisdale has too many units and is bit crowded, but its only 6 year old..

A friend of mine told me they purchased 1.6 mil private property and sold it only for 800K around the farrer park area. Not sure at what time in singapore, the private property prices fluctuated so much..

I'm am bit worried, whether the private property prices willd drop so much in the future..

Is it worthwhile to buy a 12 year old. apt or buy the CTE facing low floor cityscape?

now is the time to get your bargain unit
    offer a low price , 30% below asking, and let the owner sweat it out
    be prepared to walk away
    you can wait until 2015 for the glut of units to materialize

cityscapes has sold only 60% of their units

also besides cityscape ,
    another developer
    has enbloced the whole row of low rise houses @ mergui road
    probably waiting to launch next year

dont rush

Quote Originally Posted by vsk
    hi,

we are looking to purchase a pte apt/condo for our own stay. we prefer to be around farrer park area.

understand that cityscape units which are selling at 1.5 m, are facing CTE (low floor)..

we liked kentish court, because the surrounding area is calm and not much crowd. But the price of this 12 year old apt, is also 1.5 m.

i feel kerrisdale has too many units and is bit crowded, but its only 6 year old..

A friend of mine told me they purchased 1.6 mil private property and sold it only for 800K around the farrer park area. Not sure at what time in singapore, the private property prices fluctuated so much..

I'm am bit worried, whether the private property prices willd drop so much in the future..

Is it worthwhile to buy a 12 year old. apt or buy the CTE facing low floor cityscape?
    I brought Southbank 2 Bedroom for SGD 535,000 in Jun 2006.

After they print money with QE1, QE2, QE3 unlimited (USD 85 Billion a month)

Guess the price of a 2 Bedroom at Southbank.

It is good to dream of price to drop to pre-QE but ask yourself is it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GORDON
    be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
    another developer

dont rush
    You are right don't rush, at USD 85 Billion a month there are lot of money flying around.

http://www.vanguardblog.com/2012.07....-about-it.html

What happen when share price go up.

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp...UcnDNYqmwAO5TQ

People feel rich, next they want to buy property.

Property supply limited due to SSD for 4 yrs.

Guess what next.

be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
    another developer

dont rush
    I am also patiently waiting for city scape to show its next move as its top draws near heh

All,

Thanks for the suggestions so far..

my case is bit different, because i'm staying now in a rental place currently..

So am thinking might as well buy quickly, so i dont waste money with the rentals.

So that's why i'm thinking whether its worth while to wait for cityscape or buy something else immediately.

cityscape told they will finish by 3Q next year..I feel brand new is always better than old

Will the 12 year old kentish court depreciate so much, if we sell after 5 to 6 years.?.'cos i feel i'm wasting money with the rentals now.

All,

Thanks for the suggestions so far..

my case is bit different, because i'm staying now in a rental place currently..

So am thinking might as well buy quickly, so i dont waste money with the rentals.

So that's why i'm thinking whether its worth while to wait for cityscape or buy something else immediately.

cityscape told they will finish by 3Q next year..I feel brand new is always better than old

Will the 12 year old kentish court depreciate so much, if we sell after 5 to 6 years.?.'cos i feel i'm wasting money with the rentals now.
    It good to stay in your own place and reduce your mortgage than to help other pay theirs. White paper, Black paper is for people on the sideline who are are undecided. When it come to property, buy when you can afford and not look at White paper, Black paper and cry father, cry mother.

VSK: If you cannot wait, then try and make an offer that while not ridiculous is in keeping with current downward trend. Bulls will tell you otherwise, but yes, it's definitely buyer's market for resale. You can start by looking at last couple of transactions for Kentish Court based on caveats lodged, which translate to about 1kpsf. So the two-bedders there are about $1m, and the three-bedders about $1.3m. Go for at least 15% lower. Should not be $1.5m. I too live in Farrer Park - Kentish Court is slightly better than Kentish Green, but both are 99 yr LH, and so-so at best. Cityscape is FH, definitely can't get it at 1kpsf. Low floor $1.3kpsf and high floor 1.5kpsf. Unless you wait and see if developer will hold current prices, again as has been advised.

I think you can consider city square residences,south bank or Citylights.these 3 projects hold well and the rental is solid and as easy as abc.the sports hub also coming up soon,I am sure the price will be even better after that.
    hi,

hi,
    the Kentish court 3 bed room - 1.3 m
    is this a good buy?
    is it possible for this to be enbloc Ed ?
    currently this apt is already 12 years old.
    if at all if they en bloc , after how long this would happen ?
    we are looking for own stay

Default Mergui road en bloc

Hey! do u know what the plans are for the recent en bloc of low rise on mergui road? heard the row of shops along Rangoon rd also en bloc recently? (next to the city scape showroom)

be prepared to walk away

also besides cityscape ,
    another developer

dont rush

Update 25th July 2013.

DSC01246 by AzeoP, on Flickr

wow ... ...
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Should be looking good like montebleu in the background next time.

Update 30th April 2014.

DSC05042 by azeoprop, on Flickr

Any idea why the prices of Cityscape still remain suppressed?