Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unit at The Arte hits $1,250psf

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Don't compare with that very unPOPULAR apartment lah. It is blocked everywhere. N can have free show opp too.
    Maybe sometimes got free show opposite.. dont even need binocular.. that's why 8raja is 1.5k psf lol

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    From my showflats viewing these few weeks (including resale), I can share with you that the foreigners are BACK!

After listening to Ah B that Sg property market will crash and sitting on the sidelines, many realized they have been sc**wed big time!

Watch the transaction by local vs foreigners in the months to come.

DKSG
    Agree maybe more foreigners now. Saw mainland chinese and Indonesians during viewing in CCR last few days, not sure whether they are back in full force but appear more than earlier in the year.

Maybe others who have been viewing can share their observations

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Sleeping Lion has finally wake up lol!!

THE ARTE JALAN RAJA UDANG Condominium $2,520,000 1,873sf Strata 1,345psf Dec-12
    I think other than 8raja big unit 15XXsf selling almost at 1.5k psf..
    Is also the spillover effect from Cube8 for a 14XXsf unit which transacted over 1.4k psf.. that push up The Arte big units crossed the 13XXpsf mark

CUBE 8 THOMSON ROAD Condominium $2,100,000 1,475sf Strata 1,424psf Nov-12

Drove by and saw the new Day Hotel, part of Wynham group, opening up for business at nearby Zhong San Park. Heard it is the sister hotel of the Ramada hotel next door.

Guess the area is benefitting from the new hotels/malls springing up....

Well if the sleaze can be kept at bay.. the area could become interesting.. else.. becomes even more interesting with the free shows!!

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Agree maybe more foreigners now. Saw mainland chinese and Indonesians during viewing in CCR last few days, not sure whether they are back in full force but appear more than earlier in the year.

Maybe others who have been viewing can share their observations
    overheard a chinese buyer telling his agent. if u found one just buy don bargain!!! they not only back but back with force

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    overheard a chinese buyer telling his agent. if u found one just buy don bargain!!! they not only back but back with force
    That's scary

That's scary
    Sounds familiar

Sleeping Lion has finally wake up lol!!

THE ARTE JALAN RAJA UDANG Condominium $2,520,000 1,873sf Strata 1,345psf Dec-12
    haha, someone should change the title to Arte hits 1348psf (and more)...
    I can see more upside coming.
    seriously, I believe its still v underpriced considering its freehold, decently sized units with good layout.
    With construction of cube8 and 368 completed and TOP in next 12 mths, as well as vista resi, I believe there is room for arte to move up some more based on pricing of surrounding ppty, regardless whether its D11 or D12... its all same area lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    haha, someone should change the title to Arte hits 1348psf (and more)...
    I can see more upside coming.
    seriously, I believe its still v underpriced considering its freehold, decently sized units with good layout.
    With construction of cube8 and 368 completed and TOP in next 12 mths, as well as vista resi, I believe there is room for arte to move up some more based on pricing of surrounding ppty, regardless whether its D11 or D12... its all same area lah.
    Yes! I agreed that is still underpriced..
    By just comparing PH unit between The Arte & Vista Res alone..
    Vista Res is asking 1.9-1.95k psf..
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sta-residences
    and The Arte is asking below 1.3k psf
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-arte-thomson

Far East is well known for sticking to its price. 1.9k psf for Balestier sounds crazy but then again if One Dusun residence can command 1700psf, Vista residence PH with views and full facilities at 1.9kpsf sounds reasonable?
    I also notice this part of Balestier road nearer the thomson side seems to be changing its landscape so value should go up gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Far East is well known for sticking to its price. 1.9k psf for Balestier sounds crazy but then again if One Dusun residence can command 1700psf, Vista residence PH with views and full facilities at 1.9kpsf sounds reasonable?
    I also notice this part of Balestier road nearer the thomson side seems to be changing its landscape so value should go up gradually.
    Not only 8raja asking for 1.5k psf for their 15XXsf unit.. behind One Dusun, Gaia is also asking for 1.5k psf for their 16XXsf unit..
    Ya I do notice this area is transforming, and it seems that even the developers is sticking to their asking price not only FEO Vista Res
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi.../for-sale-gaia

Gurus please tell me y D12 condos are so much cheaper than far far away condos?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

It depends on quantum and size.

D12 condos at Balestier areas

For the decent smaller 1 bedroom units (500-600), these D12 condos still look fairly prized ranging from 1500-1800pfs

For bigger units, 1300-1600pfs plus, there appears to be a bigger gap compared to Newton/Novena. This is when the convenience, family-friendly amenities, mrt, proximity to small budget hotels etc come into play.

Some would argue the gap reflects the value relative to D11, while others argue it is relatively cheap compared to new launches next to MRT in OCR

The question one should ask is, if one has a family with young kids, does one want to stay in D12 condo or OCR condo, or if one can afford, in D11 condo. Then the current price of D12 might make more sense.

I believe that one of the reason is that.. OCR esp. those within amenities & MRT, price is supported by the high rental yield..
    As for CCR, price was pull down by their low rental yield..

Unless economy is bad & lots of expats move out of S'pore. The one that will hold up quite well over the long run will still be the FH (D12)

Arte is a good buy when you look at the future development at the old police academy with mrt station and more PCs and landed to be built there. Strike before Concept Plan 2013 is made public.

I believe that one of the reason is that.. OCR esp. those within amenities & MRT, price is supported by the high rental yield..
    As for CCR, price was pull down by their low rental yield..

Unless economy is bad & lots of expats move out of S'pore. The one that will hold up quite well over the long run will still be the FH (D12)

well that might happen with all the complains abt haveing too much FT here. in the end we want to rental but dont want FT so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    well that might happen with all the complains abt haveing too much FT here. in the end we want to rental but dont want FT so funny.
    Yup.... no FT then no rental.
    However if all the FT start to buy then who to rent it to?

Yet another high..

THE ARTE JALAN RAJA UDANG Condominium $1,605,000 1,055sf Strata 1,522psf Jun-13

Yet another high..

THE ARTE JALAN RAJA UDANG Condominium $1,605,000 1,055sf Strata 1,522psf Jun-13
    2 bedders there were priced from around 900k during launch in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    2 bedders there were priced from around 900k during launch in 09.
    What to do.
    Some OCR 99-yr LH already pushing towards $1.6k psf lor
    This condo is RCR & is FH.. now have to play catch up game