View Poll Results: What's fair avg value of Tanjong Rhu 99 yr leashold condos?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 800 psf and below

9 20.00%
  • 900-1100 psf

13 28.89%
  • 1100-1300 psf

9 20.00%
  • 1300-1500 psf

9 20.00%
  • >1500 psf (great potential!)

5 11.11%

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Area Condo Fair Valuation

Default Tanjong Rhu Area Condo Fair Valuation

Based on current pricing Aug 2010 what's a fair value of Tanjong Rhu Area 99 yr leasehold condos?

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Based on current pricing Aug 2010 what's a fair value of Tanjong Rhu Area 99 yr leasehold condos?
    u put ur ppty on the market now and u will noe the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u put ur ppty on the market now and u will noe the answer.
    Haha I get your point so maybe this is not a good poll after all. Of course the market decides the pricing now. Current price is maybe 1000-1100 psf depending on which condo in that area. I just wanted to see what majority forummers think.

Haha I get your point so maybe this is not a good poll after all. Of course the market decides the pricing now. Current price is maybe 1000-1100 psf depending on which condo in that area. I just wanted to see what majority forummers think.
    $1000-1100psf sounds about right for old condo since meyer road new condo is already fetching $1400 onwards for new condo.

But I would rather buy into any new condo in Tanjong Rhu and forget abt the old ones. Just wondering, why aren't developers developing new condos arond that area. I see a lot of empty plots of land there.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    $1000-1100psf sounds about right for old condo since meyer road new condo is already fetching $1400 onwards for new condo.

But I would rather buy into any new condo in Tanjong Rhu and forget abt the old ones. Just wondering, why aren't developers developing new condos arond that area. I see a lot of empty plots of land there.
    not for sale yet...biggest landlord: govt

Interesting spread of poll results so far. I am quite surprised quite a number think should be 800 psf and below... Would like to hear some viewpoints from anyone who voted that price range..

wah 800 psf is ridiculously low la... Using my head, i think is worth at least 1300 since can see S'pore Flyer, so it means good location lor. From SkyPark also can see Tanjong Rhu clearly so must be considered "centrally located". But I personally will not buy there for my own stay since "not everyone drive" in my home.. or if car send servicing must call cab....too difficult. If hungry at nite, cannot get food within walking distance, so i will not buy unless is spare cash for investment. But i still personally feel should be at least $1100. my 2 cents worth...

Interesting spread of poll results so far. I am quite surprised quite a number think should be 800 psf and below... Would like to hear some viewpoints from anyone who voted that price range..

If 800 and below psfs, I will definitely like to grab a unit now. Unlikely for that to happen. Not forgeting that during times when it was 800 psf, the suburbans were only 400+ psf.

Quote Originally Posted by TS
    If 800 and below psfs, I will definitely like to grab a unit now. Unlikely for that to happen. Not forgeting that during times when it was 800 psf, the suburbans were only 400+ psf.
    Will buy too if any owner is selling at $800psf But doubt so.
    Agreed that amenities is lacking,but will buy to enjoy the waterfront living lifestyle n proximity to city. Not forgetting the potential brings when more focus is given to this area when the way overdue sporthub dev finally starts.
    My guess govt will hold back land sales till later when more amenities are ready and of course developer will market at much higher psf too.

last yr lows ard 800psf leh....at 800psf now, every1 wud love to buy...its on hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Will buy too if any owner is selling at $800psf But doubt so.
    Agreed that amenities is lacking,but will buy to enjoy the waterfront living lifestyle n proximity to city. Not forgetting the potential brings when more focus is given to this area when the way overdue sporthub dev finally starts.
    My guess govt will hold back land sales till later when more amenities are ready and of course developer will market at much higher psf too.
    Yeah I think so too. Government wants to make money too and will start to focus on land sales in that area when they think its fully valued?
    My only concern is with the views of investing in older 99 yr LH condos in that area. Banks will not be willing to loan when land is >30 yr LH correct?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    last yr lows ard 800psf leh....at 800psf now, every1 wud love to buy...its on hindsight
    True enough
    Also with comparison of all mass market condo that had gone crazy

Yeah I think so too. Government wants to make money too and will start to focus on land sales in that area when they think its fully valued?
    My only concern is with the views of investing in older 99 yr LH condos in that area. Banks will not be willing to loan when land is >30 yr LH correct?
    Depend on which condo. Some are slightly younger. Think costa rhu n PBay are older.
    Anyway your concern is indeed very valid by
    2020. So condo in tg rhu seems like good for
    own stay for a longer time and wait for enbloc as do not see govt will let this area to be extremely run down in the future. Just my own opinion

problem starts when remaining lease fall below 60yrs....it also applies to HDB..not just pte ppty