Thread: Normanton Park

Default Normanton Park

Two recent transactions are reflected on URA site at S$1.2M. Owners are asking for S$1.3M now.
    I was thinking of buying for own stay when it was S$0.8M not long ago. But the price has gone up so much - for an old 99 LH.
    Is en bloc on the way?

With the newly annouced HDB rules, the prices for HDB will drop. That means the 99 LH cannot claim. If interest rate incrases, those who have paid S$1.2M will be under presure.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Two recent transactions are reflected on URA site at S$1.2M. Owners are asking for S$1.3M now.
    I was thinking of buying for own stay when it was S$0.8M not long ago. But the price has gone up so much - for an old 99 LH.
    Is en bloc on the way?

With the newly annouced HDB rules, the prices for HDB will drop. That means the 99 LH cannot claim. If interest rate incrases, those who have paid S$1.2M will be under presure.

Thanks,
    Richard
    already heard of en-bloc few years back. but heard there is some restriction. the land seem to be co-own by mindef or something related to mindef which make it difficult to en-bloc. my friend bought a unit (decent size unit) there in around 2005 (< $400k). after he bought, he heard the news of en-bloc and the price immediate increase to >$600k. there are few round of negotiation for en-bloc but unsuccessful. in the end he sold after living there for > 1 year, pocketed nearly $400k profit.

believe mindef have say in this, so unless they relinquish to ura/hdb, if not maybe 4ever...come to inter government agencies..yours and mine ministry..very tough..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    believe mindef have say in this, so unless they relinquish to ura/hdb, if not maybe 4ever...come to inter government agencies..yours and mine ministry..very tough..
    Mindef has some reserch labs nearby, that might be the restrictions coming into the picture. The new developer might face a lot of restrictions on where they can put the new blocks.

Just my guess.
    Thanks,

Think Mindef might have sold the common properties to the estate office by now... anyone has updated info on this?

Sellers are asking for > $1K psf now (more than a month after govt measures are announced)...Quite unthinkable.

Please check the MASTER PLAN and then make decision.

Thanks, just wondering if you or anyone has any info on the current plot ratio of NP site....
    Cheers.

Forget tis place... A lot of cash rich ex SAF would not wanna sell or pay the huge ptesation fees !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jgu
    Thanks, just wondering if you or anyone has any info on the current plot ratio of NP site....
    Cheers.

NP site plot ratio is 2.1.