Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact of New Measures

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    One thing is for sure

New Lauches Dead except for a few exceptions, can launch anytime category (in boom and bleak times)

Resale Mass Market Condo.. hotter than resale HDB. Resale Mass Market as
    1. Owners liquidating
    2. Private buyers picking up bargains.
    3. HDB owners who can affording to upgrader

Rental Market goes up due to people forced to sell their property.

No up side at all for the next 1 year..
    i like the

I like it too.

Wasted, should have placed more bets on Mass Market. That's where the largest number of transactions going to be. News report yesterday said so to.

I like it too.

Wasted, should have placed more bets on Mass Market. That's where the largest number of transactions going to be. News report yesterday said so to.

so next year rental all up liao...

I like it too.

dun make me happy for nothing leh....i always find my ppty severely undervalued when compared to new launches.....Its time for resale ppty market to shine finally???

with 70% ltv and 3yrs SSD....new launches will be the greatest hit as speculators/flippers will be gone....no incentive to buy new launches at higher price to flip flip here and there oredi....

so theorectically, more genuine investors will turn into resale market whr they can collect immediate rental income since they r more or less prepared to hold the ppty for at least 3yrs.

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    dun make me happy for nothing leh....i always find my ppty severely undervalued when compared to new launches.....Its time for resale ppty market to shine finally???

with 70% ltv and 3yrs SSD....new launches will be the greatest hit as speculators/flippers will be gone....no incentive to buy new launches at higher price to flip flip here and there oredi....

so theorectically, more genuine investors will turn into resale market whr they can collect immediate rental income since they r more or less prepared to hold the ppty for at least 3yrs.

hmmm....
    In fact, still can play Mass Market Projects that is still in early stages of construction, TOP in 2013, 2014 and 2015. When it comes to TOP, can earn the 3% stamp penalty for selling within 3 years.

New ones, developer all keep or defer launch. When developer keep and defer launch, you know that something is not right. Developer are smarter than average folks. They will launch only when they need the money or when the profit is MAXIMUM.

how long can developer keep or defer Leasehold launches? The government has set a restriction right?

Yes, some investors will go for completed projects now as they can get immediate rental income to build up their cash nest again.

Uncompleted projects will not have this benefits. So for new launches, unless the location is near school, amenities or MRT, the price will not give any incentive to buy if it is a second property.

the upside of price can be very limited once TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    In fact, still can play Mass Market Projects that is still in early stages of construction, TOP in 2013, 2014 and 2015. When it comes to TOP, can earn the 3% stamp penalty for selling within 3 years.

New ones, developer all keep or defer launch. When developer keep and defer launch, you know that something is not right. Developer are smarter than average folks. They will launch only when they need the money or when the profit is MAXIMUM.

below is the results after govt cooling measures:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...prices-jump-70-
    shanghai buyers gave up the waiting game after 4mths....

Interesting....HK buyers dun bother about cooling measures
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...e-33-in-august

if buyer i.e PR/FT/foreigner buying for own stay, shld not be any impact from the longer Sellers' stamp duty

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    how long can developer keep or defer Leasehold launches? The government has set a restriction right?

Yes, some investors will go for completed projects now as they can get immediate rental income to build up their cash nest again.

Uncompleted projects will not have this benefits. So for new launches, unless the location is near school, amenities or MRT, the price will not give any incentive to buy if it is a second property.

the upside of price can be very limited once TOP.
    yup, they have to keep to the schedule. But can sell to their subsidiary units or get their brother developer to buy from them, you buy mine, I buy yours? we put the units up for resale/subsale. Get it?

Always a decision to choose between

1. Built projects (In demand when market is not bullish, rental market is hot)
    2. Under-construction projects (In demand when market is bullish, rental market is not hot)

That's general, excepts do apply.

Upside very limited once TOP is correct as owners who bought and hold till TOP gain the most. Thereafter, the price is rather stable [generally]

You are totally right that investment is out of the window now. Now is rental or for self stay.