Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rio Vista Condo

Default Rio Vista Condo

Hi gurus,

I'm looking at Rio Vista for own-stay. Property Guru has someone selling a 1055sqft at $705k nego.

Wonder what will be the appropriate asking price for a 2-bedder in this development?

Thank you so much!

Blessings,

Quote Originally Posted by glwk9
    Hi gurus,

I'm looking at Rio Vista for own-stay. Property Guru has someone selling a 1055sqft at $705k nego.

Wonder what will be the appropriate asking price for a 2-bedder in this development?

Thank you so much!

Blessings,
    Own stay no need to think so much as long as you like the unit and the price is reasonable. How to define reasonable, look at similar units in the same development and their transacted price.

You can also look at psf basis, facing and condition of unit. Range should be mass market prices $500 psf to $650 psf (guide only). Appropriate asking price is subjective. Crazy people ask crazy prices. The one beside much cheaper but...

Hi gurus,

Thank you so much!

Blessings,
    quite low asking....fishing ad???

3bedder oredi hit 700psf for above 10th flr....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Just 3 yrs ago my friend sold her 3 bedder for 550k...how times have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Just 3 yrs ago my friend sold her 3 bedder for 550k...how times have changed...
    how paper money shrinkssss

The purchasing power of a dollar *within* Singapore will shrink further due to US and Europe problems. Any demand of goods will still come from the asia e.g. China, Indonesia etc. So Asia will get richer at the expense of US and Europe in the next few years.

However it takes many years for infrastructure such as schools to be built up. Hence many richer Asians will come to Singapore to bring up their family or use it as a base for their regional business. The problem is exacerbated by the current immigrants who bring back the good news about the living standard here and more will come in to buy up the properties. And we haven't talked about Americans and Europeans who want to come to Singapore to look for work...

But we got to watch out for increase in interest rates (because many who are buying now are likely to be taking up large loans), and possibly a biological threat e.g. SARS because of our high population density and inadequate hospitals.

I feel the price is still quite market-rate. A check from URA on the previous transactions indicated 2-bedder is below $700k.

Any comments on the this development?

Thanks to all who replied... Appreciate =)

Any comments on this development despite leasehold @ 99yrs?

Thanks to all who replied... Appreciate =)

Any comments on this development despite leasehold @ 99yrs?
    is this the only area you are looking at ?

Quote Originally Posted by rainy
    is this the only area you are looking at ?
    Preferably within D19,20,26,28. Need to send my daughter to child-care in AMK. Did also consider Tangerine Grove (price is pretty steep), Castle Green (more than 10 yrs and psf quite high), other smaller boutique projects like Jansen Residences etc

Any recommendations? Pls share... thanks =)

I feel the price is still quite market-rate. A check from URA on the previous transactions indicated 2-bedder is below $700k.

Any comments on the this development?
    u actually called and viewed oredi??? genuine ad?

Preferably within D19,20,26,28. Need to send my daughter to child-care in AMK. Did also consider Tangerine Grove (price is pretty steep), Castle Green (more than 10 yrs and psf quite high), other smaller boutique projects like Jansen Residences etc

how abt florida/evergreen park...

At a time like this (when property prices are so high), it might make sense to buy a lower quantum apartment. Did you consider ECs in AMK (e.g. Nuovo)?

To travel from D19 (depend on which part and timing) to AMK every day can be a headache.

Regentville ? Serenity park ? not masny condos in amk except grandeur 8

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Maybe some fire-sales from Centro?

u actually called and viewed oredi??? genuine ad?
    I have not viewed the unit yet. Looking for FH or 999-leased first. Went to see Tangerine Grove over the weekend. Asking psf rather steep.

how abt florida/evergreen park...
    Compare among these 3 developments (Rio, Florida and Evergreen), my take is still Rio...

Regentville is a no-no for me...

Serenity Park...though it's a FH but quite an old development from Far East.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    At a time like this (when property prices are so high), it might make sense to buy a lower quantum apartment. Did you consider ECs in AMK (e.g. Nuovo)?

To travel from D19 (depend on which part and timing) to AMK every day can be a headache.
    haha... Nuovo offers pretty large sqft sizes and hence the quantum can be rather on the high side.

May look at The Florentine project...

Care to share why not regentville, as prices still looks reasonable to me?

Regentville is a no-no for me...

Serenity Park...though it's a FH but quite an old development from Far East.

I thought this was the condo that appeared in the papers..the litter always raining down on the patio unit...

Care to share why not regentville, as prices still looks reasonable to me?

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I thought this was the condo that appeared in the papers..the litter always raining down on the patio unit...
    Same condo where fire broke out too...

quite a dielama, get high floor maybe trapped by fire (think Towering inferno) get ground floor maybe hitted by killer litter.

Possible solution is to go for the low floors

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Same condo where fire broke out too...

a girlfriend of mine stayed in Rio Vista. Visited the place one. The unit is quite well spaced out and dun feel crampy as compared to those newer condo. The facilities and landscaping is quite good, nice big pool.

For a 2bedroom, more than 900 sft is consider good size.

quite a dielama, get high floor maybe trapped by fire (think Towering inferno) get ground floor maybe hitted by killer litter.

Just kidding.
    This project does not really have a good track record. Not in my list of development to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by timsumgirl
    a girlfriend of mine stayed in Rio Vista. Visited the place one. The unit is quite well spaced out and dun feel crampy as compared to those newer condo. The facilities and landscaping is quite good, nice big pool.

For a 2bedroom, more than 900 sft is consider good size.
    Yeah agree! The only thing is that it's 99-yr LH and over 700 units in this development.

Just kidding.
    I think it might be a case that the patio owner tracked down the culprit and set his house on fire. Anyway that is a joke.

LITTER STARTED THE FIRE...

WE DID NOT START THE FIRE...

IT WAS THE OWNERS FAULT....

just joking.

Just to put a couple of comments as i stay around the area...

there are 3 ECs and this pte condo Rio Vista surrounding Punngol park. In terms of pricing, all these 4 condos are roughly in the same ballpark.

Among these 4 condos, Rio Vista has the worst view and it literally faces the drain and do not have direct park view compared to the 3 ECs. The outlook of the estate is something which I do not personally find desirable.

W/o parkview, it is also not near enough to ameneties like the MRT or supermarkets. The Florida besides it is alot better in terms of these. I believe you still can do a 10-12 min walk to Hougang Mrt.

If one die die wish to stay around this area, my best bet is The Rivervale if you do not mind the outlook of the estate (more HDB-looking). The location is very good and walking distance to Buangkok Mrt. It offers park view for most units (pls buy 7th floor and above). It has a supermarket and coffee-shop just across the road.

Park Green (where I stay) is newer but has far lesser amenities. It is a quiet place and if you can drive all the time, I will more highly recommend it to you. H/w, pls note that there are no 2-Bedders in Park Green. It is either 3 or 4 bedders.

Anyway, I am moving out in a couple of months. I will certainly miss the Parkview. It is a the best part of staying in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie

there are 3 ECs and this pte condo Rio Vista surrounding Punngol park. In terms of pricing, all these 4 condos are roughly in the same ballpark.

Among these 4 condos, Rio Vista has the worst view and it literally faces the drain and do not have direct park view compared to the 3 ECs. The outlook of the estate is something which I do not personally find desirable.

W/o parkview, it is also not near enough to ameneties like the MRT or supermarkets. The Florida besides it is alot better in terms of these. I believe you still can do a 10-12 min walk to Hougang Mrt.

If one die die wish to stay around this area, my best bet is The Rivervale if you do not mind the outlook of the estate (more HDB-looking). The location is very good and walking distance to Buangkok Mrt. It offers park view for most units (pls buy 7th floor and above). It has a supermarket and coffee-shop just across the road.

Park Green (where I stay) is newer but has far lesser amenities. It is a quiet place and if you can drive all the time, I will more highly recommend it to you. H/w, pls note that there are no 2-Bedders in Park Green. It is either 3 or 4 bedders.

Anyway, I am moving out in a couple of months. I will certainly miss the Parkview. It is a the best part of staying in this area.
    certain units at rivervale offers the best parkview.....park+pond right in the middle ...nice view and breezy....last yr i chance upon a unit lor...but 14th flr leh...haha

parkgreen will no longer be quiet when construction next door starts....mabe tats y u sold ur place?

Interesting comments on the condos in the area, especially on the part of rivervale looking HDB like which i fully agree.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie