Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UOL-UIC tie-up places top bid for Clementi Ave 1 site

Default Re: UOL-UIC tie-up places top bid for Clementi Ave 1 site

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    To be precise, should be top 7. CHIJ St Nic already oversubscribed at 2A1.
    I might be wrong. Any school fully subscribed at 2A1 this year?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I might be wrong. Any school fully subscribed at 2A1 this year?
    there's a new rule which requires 40 places to be set aside for phase 2B and phase 2C.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    there's a new rule which requires 40 places to be set aside for phase 2B and phase 2C.

Yes, I understand, but 2A1 there were some schools oversubscribed and need balloting in previous years.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Nanhua Phase 2A2, 8 places, 20+ applicants.

Phase 2B 20 places, 27 applicants.

Out of 1km all no chance to ballot.

Next phase 2C also the same.

I think that about sets the record straight for the future rental and buying demand within and out of 1km.

fact: its in the top 6 most popular for phase 2A2.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Nanhua Phase 2A2, 8 places, 20+ applicants.

Phase 2B 20 places, 27 applicants.

Out of 1km all no chance to ballot.

Next phase 2C also the same.

I think that about sets the record straight for the future rental and buying demand within and out of 1km.
    So mr kelong, 2 questions.

1. Is nan hua the only school with such impressive application ratio?

2. How many of the units at parc clementais will be purchased by parents because of the p1 kid admission to nan hua? 200 units or 50 units or 15 units?

Don't forget, so many hdb flat at clementi, u think all buy parc clementais to get into your top school?

You are really trying too hard, from your sea sand argument to this... and talking about rental somemore!
    Last edited by annetyu; 23-07-19 at 23:18.

Maybe 15units per year will be the minimum.

You really have no idea how many people are renting just to be within a certain distance to primary school.

The context here is to call an Apple and Apple. To compare the two locations objectively. Call a plus point a plus point.

Quote Originally Posted by annetyu View Post
    So mr kelong, 2 questions.

1. Is nan hua the only school with such impressive application ratio?

2. How many of the units at parc clementais will be purchased by parents because of the p1 kid admission to nan hua? 200 units or 50 units or 15 units?

Don't forget, so many hdb flat at clementi, u think all buy parc clementais to get into your top school?

You are really trying too hard, from your sea sand argument to this... and talking about rental somemore!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Maybe 15units per year will be the minimum.

You really have no idea how many people are renting just to be within a certain distance to primary school.

The context here is to call an Apple and Apple. To compare the two locations objectively. Call a plus point a plus point.
    That is your opinion. Knowing that you love this project so much, we well know it is biased.

So, how many are renting to be within distance to primary school. Many of us have no idea, maybe you can provide some data?

It is indeed plus point, but definite not the kind of boost it will give to parc clementais demand or price that you are trying to describe.

As I said, there are plenty of hdb flats there. For AVERAGE young parents in late 30s, you think they able to buy parc clementais or more likely to go for HDBs?

Those rich young parents are more likely to go for Tao Nan, Henry Park or ACS...

assuming parc clematis goes for 14xxpsf, i think its still affordable. UOL will also attempt to sell their mandated bigger units for this new project at 14xx in future if possible i think.

Nah, this is not my first love.

My first loves are Park Suites and 1 Holland, but I will not be able to afford either of hem, and Park Suites is being sold not as FH as far as I understand.

I was not actually commenting on how good Parc Clematis is.

My point was merely that there are location and site-specific disadvantages of new sites that are sold, including more restrictions and lower development capacity, which helps to explain why the bidded price in this case seems a tad low. On paper, potential buyers feel better since bid price seems to have stopped increasing. But in fact, the offering has diminished in its "quality" as a way to manage the psf price.

Quote Originally Posted by annetyu View Post
    That is your opinion. Knowing that you love this project so much, we well know it is biased.

So, how many are renting to be within distance to primary school. Many of us have no idea, maybe you can provide some data?

It is indeed plus point, but definite not the kind of boost it will give to parc clementais demand or price that you are trying to describe.

As I said, there are plenty of hdb flats there. For AVERAGE young parents in late 30s, you think they able to buy parc clementais or more likely to go for HDBs?

Those rich young parents are more likely to go for Tao Nan, Henry Park or ACS...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Nah, this is not my first love.

My first loves are Park Suites and 1 Holland, but I will not be able to afford either of hem, and Park Suites is being sold not as FH as far as I understand.

I was not actually commenting on how good Parc Clematis is.

My point was merely that there are location and site-specific disadvantages of new sites that are sold, including more restrictions and lower development capacity, which helps to explain why the bidded price in this case seems a tad low. On paper, potential buyers feel better since bid price seems to have stopped increasing. But in fact, the offering has diminished in its "quality" as a way to manage the psf price.
    So UOL's development at clementi avenue 1 will be of worse quality than parc clementais. I see....

Imo, those who bought any of the recent new launches and also kena absd 12/15% will probably take at least 10 yrs to sell at breakeven price. Lol

Be patient my dear friends, one day absd will be removed.....and when that happens, nobody dare to buy lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate View Post
    Imo, those who bought any of the recent new launches and also kena absd 12/15% will probably take at least 10 yrs to sell at breakeven price. Lol
    seems like many found ways to not pay 12% absd such as dumping their hdb flats.

Actually depends on HDB location and how costly the development one bought into.

12% of a 1 mil private is 120,000.

A well located HDB can recover this within 3-4 years.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hassle free dividends from blue chip and reits anytime over pathetic rental yield for now. Even almost risk free SSB around 2% is a better bet but max 200k per person lolol.

This is call hdb upgradder....different lah.

I am talking about investors....well....buy under trust....5 kids.....buy 1 each lol

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate View Post
    This is call hdb upgradder....different lah.

I am talking about investors....well....buy under trust....5 kids.....buy 1 each lol
    buy under trust also dun pay 12% absd mah

I can fathom owning equities in trust (since they were 8 months old) for my kids but properties...not sure if I want to qualify them and all the implications of owning one in the future here in Singapore many moons from now. 5G government might have lots of policy enforcement in place circa 2040.

I was told banks will not usually loan you and more likely a 100% outlay of capital is required for your kids property since you already owed a few. Since there is no current inheritance tax (estate duties are abolished since 15 Feb 2008) here in Singapore, the transfer of wealth is relatively hassle free notwithstanding any legal contentious of the will itself.

heard Parc Clematis sold like hotcakes today clearing 300+ units. Luxus Hills also had 70+ of 78 landed homes snapped up in 2 days.

heard Parc Clematis sold like hotcakes today clearing 300+ units. Luxus Hills also had 70+ of 78 landed homes snapped up in 2 days.
    https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/bukit-sembawang-sells-91-signature-collection-preview-weekend

confrimation for Luxus. Parc Clematis should hit the news by tomorrow.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/singhaiyi-sells-324-units-parc-clematis-launch-weekend

confirmation for parc clematis