Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920212223242934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Today, 1 in every 12 Singaporeans is aged 65 and above. By 2030, this ratio will increase to 1 in every 5 Singaporeans. Wouldn't well located MMs with amenities be in demand?
    Sorry.. not at the current price. Old folks home will be in demand. Health care will be in demand.

Maybe next time they can convert the suites blocks into an upmarket old folks home.

Who says old folks home have to be lousy with limited funds and class c ward look alike rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I used to study in Netherlands. Nice picturesque place. No smell from the waterways because the waters are always flowing gently and people do not litter into them.
    No smell at all!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    one way! government enbloc flats are re rent to foreign workers only. and control rental price. if u cant get rid of speculation! fix them!
    There are insufficient old hdb blocks to be enbloc and to accomodate these previous owners, same number of new BTO flats must be built. At our current situation with a lack of supply, this project would at least take another 10 years to materialize, if it ever is implemented.

Also, this is a money losing job for HDB. Not only do they spend on building new BTO and earn less coz give to existing enblc owners, govt also need to spend to refurbish these old old blocks to ensure at least structural stability and that is another cost down the drain. It is a money losing portfolio.. unlikely it will be approved...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Sorry.. not at the current price. Old folks home will be in demand. Health care will be in demand.
    Current price in 2020 will look cheap. Old folks home in 2020 will cost $10,000 per person per month due to huge demand and no supply.

What will happen to all the MMs then? I think we are quite screwed. In order to have a vibrant economy, the gahmen has no choice but to bring in more and more foreign "talent" else we go the way of Japan. But, Japan is a huge country. It will be a huge political price to pay. Will these foreign "talent" rent the MMs?

Singaporeans are not having enough children and building MMs definitely encourages that. We are now building to accommodate a population of 5 million and we definitely need to sustain this number or else property prices will drop. With an ageing population and a slow birth rate, how else can the current population numbers be sustained?

The agent that served me behaved as if I was wasting his time. See all the showrooms but never commit on the spot. Tsk tsk. Business was good huh until he can have such arrogant attitude.

We need a balance of mid and high level workforce (Singaporean and FTs) to help to pay taxes in 20 years time in a greying population. Otherwise, garment will have to raise GST (I think it will come very soon) and all other taxes. This has already happened in developed countries. Working adults in the future may earn more but take home may not be more.
    Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Current price in 2020 will look cheap. Old folks home in 2020 will cost $10,000 per person per month due to huge demand and no supply.

What will happen to all the MMs then? I think we are quite screwed. In order to have a vibrant economy, the gahmen has no choice but to bring in more and more foreign "talent" else we go the way of Japan. But, Japan is a huge country. It will be a huge political price to pay. Will these foreign "talent" rent the MMs?

Singaporeans are not having enough children and building MMs definitely encourages that. We are now building to accommodate a population of 5 million and we definitely need to sustain this number or else property prices will drop. With an ageing population and a slow birth rate, how else can the current population numbers be sustained?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The agent that served me behaved as if I was wasting his time. See all the showrooms but never commit on the spot. Tsk tsk. Business was good huh until he can have such arrogant attitude.
    Huh yaya papaya agents ?! Normally I will bring my own agent when I intend to buy. How is sales for SL's Tampines EC, saw full page ad today
    Ride at your own risk !!!

BTW, the senior citizen in the next 10-20 years are the baby boomers who have cash and capital appreciated house(s). It is the subsequent generations that may suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Maybe next time they can convert the suites blocks into an upmarket old folks home.

Who says old folks home have to be lousy with limited funds and class c ward look alike rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Huh yaya papaya agents ?! Normally I will bring my own agent when I intend to buy. How is sales for SL's Tampines EC, saw full page ad today
    How to bring own agent to showflats if his/her company is not represented in the new project?

ha all brothers and sisters here, no point arguing about properties now, it no longer as lucrative as before, it is at all time high, buy only for staying only....

go for property stocks =) cheong >10% in 2 days

Miss out on CDL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    ha all brothers and sisters here, no point arguing about properties now, it no longer as lucrative as before, it is at all time high, buy only for staying only....

go for property stocks =) cheong >10% in 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    How to bring own agent to showflats if his/her company is not represented in the new project?
    Own agent that we bring is representing us as the buyer. The project's agent is representing the seller. Normally, the commission paid by the seller will be shared between the 2 agents.

Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Own agent that we bring is representing us as the buyer. The project's agent is representing the seller. Normally, the commission paid by the seller will be shared between the 2 agents.

Am I correct?
    It will not be 50/50 sharing. For outside agents (meaning your own agents), they will always get higher commission from the developer. Example: If inhouse agent gets 0.3%, outside agents will get 0.5%.

What some people are doing is, they bring their outside agent, get the 0.5% and then share between the buyer and the agent they went with.

Some people will also source for their own bankers because the referral fees can be as much as 0.5%. The outside agent can also share with the buyer.

Note: this methods are not correct procedure. Do it at your own risk.

Yes, that why alway good to bring Close Friends/Relatives who are Property Agent to visit the project that likely to purchase.

benefit everyone too, and they can provide better service that match our expectation, since know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503

Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Such poor attitude, even if it was a 50-50 decision, that attitude would have killed any interest.

just wait for the next project next to WT for those who have missed the 'early-bird', just wait for Wee Haur la. i am quite sure it'll be cheaper than WT - between ATT and WT prices, ultimately still next to MRT and u don't have put up with 'heartlanders' walking and screaming all over the shops below you.....

Agree, Wee Hur project price will be between Watertown & Treasure Trove.
    unless they set a price that will cause ----

$1250psf (Expensive, but possible if build many 400sqft at this price, which is $500K only)

$600psf (Cheap Cheap, this one sure all go in even crises)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    just wait for the next project next to WT for those who have missed the 'early-bird', just wait for Wee Haur la. i am quite sure it'll be cheaper than WT - between ATT and WT prices, ultimately still next to MRT and u don't have put up with 'heartlanders' walking and screaming all over the shops below you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    More like foreign workers hanging around the shops since they will be building and building HDB/Condos in Punggol for the next 10 years.. hehehe..

I try to convince myself to buy wee hur as I feel it might be cheaper. But then how cheap can it be? Most likely it's between the price of ATT and WT.
    In the end I pek chek and buy WT. Sigh.... No patience to wait, plus I dun really impressed by wee hur site which is surrounded by HDB so closely.

All also surrounded by hdb mah.

Wee hur is very near interchange and dislike bus noise.
    Wee hur surrounded by HDB very closely and feel that the price won't be cheaper by a lot.
    WT not as close to HDB than wee hur.
    I recee the site two times already.
    Furthermore I didn't buy WT more than 1.1kpsf so I think it's still reasonable.
    Anyway, tired of waiting..... Just buy lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Wee hur is very near interchange and dislike bus noise.
    Wee hur surrounded by HDB very closely and feel that the price won't be cheaper by a lot.
    WT not as close to HDB than wee hur.
    I recee the site two times already.
    Furthermore I didn't buy WT more than 1.1kpsf so I think it's still reasonable.
    Anyway, tired of waiting..... Just buy lor.
    Whatever makes you happy lor. But why must definitely get is area? The price you pay can get freehold in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Whatever makes you happy lor. But why must definitely get is area? The price you pay can get freehold in other areas.
    It's the quantum and convenience I guess.

Convenience yes, quantum low meh?

I might stay near city and freehold some more.
    But it doesn't mean I can get all the convenience, transport, shopping, makan so easily all in one.
    If I'm wrong, then let it be lor. Anyway, my quantum not high, ard 500+k for a 527sqft

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    I might stay near city and freehold some more.
    But it doesn't mean I can get all the convenience, transport, shopping, makan so easily all in one.
    If I'm wrong, then let it be lor. Anyway, my quantum not high.
    Which size are you looking at?

These days, $500k is consider a moderate and affordable amount, especially for those earning more than 150k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    These days, $500k is consider a moderate and affordable amount, especially for those earning more than 150k a year.
    Last time earn 150k, 500k is already considered affordable. 4 years and you can repay the house fully leh.

I did a comparison between seastrand, miltonia and WT.
    Seastrand 1 bedder, 570sqft already transact at 560k.
    WT 527sqft is also ard this price.
    So in the end buy WT cos got the convenience.
    Anyway I can't regret already, already sign OTP