Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 263136414651525354555657585960616671768186 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Do you know my friend took how long to sell his FH condo at jalan tua kong (siglap there)? ---- yes, 5 yrs!
    why? ----- Completely inaccessible to public tpt. Too deep in and must walk very far before you see civilization.
    5yrs... why?... its the price.

Everything has a price... if your friend is willing to drop his price he will be able to sell it in 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I feel focus on biz hub area for investment is better. At least for rental can tap on the hub growth... pure residential play far far away wonder got pple want to rent and travel so far to the hub?

if like that then I think natutcal would be good buy! coz got real sea view! can see JB!
    3 Guo Zi - Punggol zi zhan (Battle of Purple Punggol)

Actually yes since Lau Goh time have liao I remember its punggol 21?
    That is correct...

the plans that are being touted now are not new but part of masterplan decades ago. when HDB started building up in Punggol, it was touted as Punggol21. As in "21st century" Punggol... all the amenities, parks, watersports...etc were promoted.

But slowly and quietly, the "21" was dropped from the concept plan after crossing year 2000 but nothing materialised.

if like that then I think natutcal would be good buy! coz got real sea view! can see JB!
    What else can you contribute here other than nonsense?
    Pity your intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    That is correct...

the plans that are being touted now are not new but part of masterplan decades ago. when HDB started building up in Punggol, it was touted as Punggol21. As in "21st century" Punggol... all the amenities, parks...etc were promoted.

But slowly and quietly, the "21" was dropped from the concept plan after crossing year 2000 but nothing materialised.

i dont want to say more.

5yrs... why?... its the price.

Everything has a price... if your friend is willing to drop his price he will be able to sell it in 5 days.
    ya lor, sell at a loss any property can also clear in short time frame.
    what a good suggestion.

What else can you contribute here other than nonsense?
    Pity your intellect.
    Well we are comparing quantum. since punggol is far from any biz hub and non mature estate lets compare another similar ones.? And sembwang will benefit from the NS highway. so why punggol superior? morning take train squeeze with millions to the hubs be it jurong, changi, amk or town. just becoz WT have mall?

So many have malls or malls near them. compass heights also have. 1bed room at $2800pm at 660sqf rental negoable. and their yield is way better. come to crunch $2Kpm they still break even.

Got bus interchange some more!!

You have just described a HDB flat.

Btw, I am not dissing WT. All I am saying is that I think it is over-priced. Since you have lived in landed all your life I find it odd that you previously described desire for landed as conservative and old thinking. Surely you see some value in landed don't you?
    That's not my thinking, just quoting the opinions of my family. You know couple always argue cos we dont think alike, similar with this forum members. Yes I do believe in the value of landed but very slow in appreciation. But I would prefer to stay in smaller place for retirement. Maintaining a house when it gets old is not easy nor cheap.
    Agree WT pricing is over-priced but it's unique attraction is drawing buyers. What they like is not what you like and vice versa, so long everyone is happy.

That is correct...

the plans that are being touted now are not new but part of masterplan decades ago. when HDB started building up in Punggol, it was touted as Punggol21. As in "21st century" Punggol... all the amenities, parks, watersports...etc were promoted.

Ya lor, waterway point shopping mall, pungool mrt/LRT, nice landscape waterway and recreation activities at punggol all fake one lor. You statement most valid and solid only.

Well we are comparing quantum. since punggol is far from any biz hub and non mature estate lets compare another similar ones.? And sembwang will benefit from the NS highway. so why punggol superior? morning take train squeeze with millions to the hubs be it jurong, changi, amk or town. just becoz WT have mall?

So many have malls or malls near them. compass heights also have. 1bed room at $2800pm at 660sqf rental negoable. and their yield is way better. come to crunch $2Kpm they still break even.

Got bus interchange some more!!
    U comparing old condo vs new condo. Where's the validity?
    So my next qns is, sembawang got NS highway, still must wait till 2018 to 2020, what so superior when compared to WT? As if theres no KPE for WT?
    MRT is still the main tpt for singaporean. They dont like to squeeze doesnt mean they can choose not to take mrt totally.
    Last edited by Xan; 13-02-12 at 13:17.

That is correct...

If I understand correctly, read somewhere that Punggol 21 was MBT's baby or was it LauGoh's? With both no longer active, Punggol 21 may be just a dream! Let's see whether KBW has continuity.

U comparing old condo vs new condo. Where's the validity?
    So my next qns is, sembawang got NS highway, still must wait till 2018 to 2020, what so superior when compared to WT? As if theres no KPE for WT?
    MRT is still the main tpt for singaporean. They dont like to squeeze doesnt mean they can choose not to take mrt totally.

ok ok WT is best by ok..

ok ok WT is best by ok..
    No lar, u win u win, WT buyers all carrots. U only good at echoing from others remarks and hiding behind pple's skirt. This one I cannot compare with you. Take my hats off and Salute

No lar, u win u win, WT buyers all carrots. U only good at echoing from others remarks and hiding behind pple's skirt. This one I cannot compare with you. Take my hats off and Salute
    guys, seriously these are getting painful. the way i see it, the deal is pretty balanced, lose some win some. punggol may be in the outskirts but what the project make up for is proximity to mrt (which helps to negate the longer journey from punggol) and reasonable psf (vs a typical condo next to mrt). why should we dispute whether wt is the perfect condo in sg? each property is unique in its own way and each has its own USP

I bot ATT 3-bedder at $992k which is $950psf, high floor pool facing. My agents was trying to tell me that I have a paper gain of at least $100k if there is no SSD tax imposed. It sounds like i got a "good" deal having seen that WT prices is hitting new highs. But I have my doubts (that I can make a decent profit when the SSD is over) as the govt is obviously on a mission to stop or even make the ppty prices to correct downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I bot ATT 3-bedder at $992k which is $950psf, high floor pool facing. My agents was trying to tell me that I have a paper gain of at least $100k if there is no SSD tax imposed. It sounds like i got a "good" deal having seen that WT prices is hitting new highs. But I have my doubts (that I can make a decent profit when the SSD is over) as the govt is obviously on a mission to stop or even make the ppty prices to correct downwards.
    depends wat price u can sell at. 1300psf? if u make $100psf there is not much u gain.coz the $100 goes to stamp duty u pay ( assuming u pas the SSD 4yrs later) also the agent fees ard 1-2% if ur 100K is not inclusive of the above then essentially u get less than that. the Agent make more $ then u given u have take up leverage risk.

So for now.. with SSD and ABSD. buying for own stay will still be the better bet. coz too much overhead.

the way I see it is interest rate will make a big diff. if come 4 yrs later interest goes ip to 4% and if all the SSD , ABSD are not removed. Then would be hard to let go. but well maybe government by then will re look at the SSD/ABSD policies.
    Last edited by minority; 13-02-12 at 14:09.

No lah I cannot compare to u. At least u have a dead narrow vision view thats unwavering. very good. u are truly vested.

ya lor, sell at a loss any property can also clear in short time frame.
    what a good suggestion.
    Eh... bro, I didn't suggest anything.

It is still about the price.

If your friend had to wait 5 years to sell at break even price in an appreciating market, it means that he bought it too expensive to begin with. It does not matter which district.
    Last edited by howgozit; 13-02-12 at 15:06.

Totally agree.

Different housing types cater to different needs. That's what I am saying too.

While one can say WT is fantastic should not mean to say landed is conservative and old thinking right?

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    That's not my thinking, just quoting the opinions of my family. You know couple always argue cos we dont think alike, similar with this forum members. Yes I do believe in the value of landed but very slow in appreciation. But I would prefer to stay in smaller place for retirement. Maintaining a house when it gets old is not easy nor cheap.
    Agree WT pricing is over-priced but it's unique attraction is drawing buyers. What they like is not what you like and vice versa, so long everyone is happy.

Govt's intention is to stablize the price, they dont mind seeing property price to appreciate slowly over years rather seeing price hype overnight.
    This is unhealthy as it creates bubble.

The CMs are not meant to correct property price to the extend that it will go downwards so drastically so that people like Mr B and minority will
    fulfill their fantasy to own a cheap condo. (Anyway they can wait long long....lol)
    CM's existance is to curb flipping activities, price hype etc
    You should see your ATT as some kinda long term investment.
    Dont let the nay sayers affects your decision as some of these pple are here with an agenda. Cheers to your ATT purchase.

Who said it is fake?

I am saying that this is not a new development, it has always been there. But it is a fact that Punggol21 was discreetly dropped to just Punggol. Just like our Vision 2010... does anybody still remember what it was?

haha.... I think both Punggol21 and Vision 2010 was mouthed by the same person... Mr Mah.

Ya lor, waterway point shopping mall, pungool mrt/LRT, nice landscape waterway and recreation activities at punggol all fake one lor. You statement most valid and solid only.

Eh... bro, I didn't suggest anything.

It is still about the price.

If your friend had to wait 5 years to sell at break even price in an appreciating market, it means that he bought it too expensive to begin with. It does not matter which district.
    I still feel its because of its condo being poorly located and too deep in.
    His asking price is very reasonable and is base on market price.

Who said it is fake?

I am saying that this is not a new development, it has always been there. But it is a fact that Punggol21 was discreetly dropped to just Punggol. Just like our Vision 2010... does anybody still remember what it was?

haha.... I think both Punggol21 and Vision 2010 was mouthed by the same person... Mr Mah.
    Yes its Mr Mah I think

Who said it is fake?

and our World Cup - Goal 2010 dream....sidetrack....

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    and our World Cup - Goal 2010 dream....sidetrack....
    Oh yeah... you are right its Goal 2010 not Vision 2010 by Mr Mah.

It was Malaysia's Dr M that said Vision 20-20.

My bad.

depends wat price u can sell at. 1300psf? if u make $100psf there is not much u gain.coz the $100 goes to stamp duty u pay ( assuming u pas the SSD 4yrs later) also the agent fees ard 1-2% if ur 100K is not inclusive of the above then essentially u get less than that. the Agent make more $ then u given u have take up leverage risk.

So for now.. with SSD and ABSD. buying for own stay will still be the better bet. coz too much overhead.

the way I see it is interest rate will make a big diff. if come 4 yrs later interest goes ip to 4% and if all the SSD , ABSD are not removed. Then would be hard to let go. but well maybe government by then will re look at the SSD/ABSD policies.
    If it is $1300psf in 4 years time (after SDD over), I will be happy with it. I will have a harder time to decide if I should move into ATT or take profit and go.

Govt's intention is to stablize the price, they dont mind seeing property price to appreciate slowly over years rather seeing price hype overnight.

The CMs are not meant to correct property price to the extend that it will go downwards so drastically so that people like Mr B and minority will
    fulfill their fantasy to own a cheap condo. (Anyway they can wait long long....lol)
    Dont let the nay sayers affects your decision as some of these pple are here with an agenda. Cheers to your ATT purchase.
    I'm quite pleased with my ATT purchase so far so good. Read that you bot WT, so we are "neighbours" (if you bot for your stay) across the road. Sometimes the govt errs in their judgement. One wrong (next) CM will make the market falls and take years to recover. My gut feel is that the next CM is coming.

If it is $1300psf in 4 years time (after SDD over), I will be happy with it. I will have a harder time to decide if I should move into ATT or take profit and go.

Yeah thats why I ask ur $100K gain ur agent tell us is base on wat sell psf. just remember min $100 goes to overhead.. agent, stamp, lawyer fees and ur bank loan u take if is base on 100% dispersement or partial dispersement penalty.

If just compare to the 1100psf WT nothing made.. coz all go to agent etc.. maybe u get a few Ks or 10s of Ks at most factoring interest..

Since when I am trying to talk the market down? Thats Mr B u confused me with. I am pointing out if its a value investment or not. anyway I dont need to buy cheap as I already bought cheap. I am happy folks like u rush in to prop it higher. actually thanks!

Pls chase it up higher!

I'm quite pleased with my ATT purchase so far so good. Read that you bot WT, so we are "neighbours" (if you bot for your stay) across the road. Sometimes the govt errs in their judgement. One wrong (next) CM will make the market falls and take years to recover. My gut feel is that the next CM is coming.
    No worries, the CMs are to curb speculation activities. Govt will not crash the property, what good will they gain? Just to allow some hungry ghosts like minority to buy cheap and own their first dream PC? Well, they can continue to fantasize.