Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550556065 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Already sold more than 800 before today. Can sell out this weekend?

wow 800 carrots... not bad for FEO n agents. *CLAP* *CLAP*

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    I honestly have my reservations for integrated mall PC. Check out Compass Ht. Heard people complaining about the LRT noises. Then those units facing LRT station will have their windows closed most of the time coz of noise and privacy. Also, the bus interchange discharges not just noise pollution but air fumes which can get quite dirty. Also, the human movement and crowd does not provide that quietness that some people value. All that for the convenience of amenities is too high a price to pay... Anyway, its just my personal preference. Live a stone's throw away is better...
    Guess it's a good thing that bus interchange is not integrated within the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel
    This site is surrounded by HDB and next to bus interchange. Seen the floor & site plan, not as good as ATT, heard from the grapevine, developer maybe pricing around $900psf, probably following the trend of WT's success.
    Yap. Thats my initial thought as i suspect those lower quantum ones will face the surrounding hdb plus its facing interchange which might heard noise frm buses. 900+psf is kinda expected given ATT and WT recent performance. But im not sure they wld build the 1 bedder or penthouses for this project. Anyone any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    Guess it's a good thing that bus interchange is not integrated within the mall.
    I reccee wee hur site. Dont quite like it and i must agree ATT site is much better.
    Not good to face bus interchange

Don't worry. Watertown town will become resale/subsale and join the dead resale/subsale market soon. I suspect many of the buyers are not aware how dead is the resale/subsale market... and it would quite impossible for them to flip at a profit with the SSDs... Honestly, unless they die die want to stay in Punggol 5 years later when it completes, I don't see why anyone should buy this NOW.

Even H88 gives a bad review for the cramped buildings. And H88 usually gives good reviews.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Watert...+Quick+Review/

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Wow!

This time Singaporeans can't blame foreigners anymore for the prices cheonging.

I marvel at the property crazy Singaporeans. I wonder what is the income of the average buyer and what their debt-to-income ratio is like.

Not to say Watertown is no good but it is certainly not cheap. For the same price, there are a lot of options in the resale market.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    wow 800 carrots... not bad for FEO n agents. *CLAP* *CLAP*
    No. U shld say 992 carrots as this project sure sell out.
    Haha, guess ur attempt to talk down this project is futile.
    Try harder next time

Interesting to see rental demand & returns when top. own stay is no issue.
    If WeeHur is pricing at $900 then it's not worth it esp. if buy for own stay. They cannot follow WT trend, therefore they have to adjust to about $750psf for their low bid price in order to attract buyers. But this may not be realistic cos the newly launched ECs are pricing around $700-$750 psf.
    People rather invest a bit more on WT for location and convenience of everything under one roof - shopping, dining, cinemas, supermart, clinics, MRT etc. Stayers dont have to own cars - definitely benefit the retirees who can afford to buy & enjoy life without worrying about essentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Don't worry. Watertown town will become resale/subsale and join the dead resale/subsale market soon. I suspect many of the buyers are not aware how dead is the resale/subsale market... and it would quite impossible for them to flip at a profit with the SSDs... Honestly, unless they die die want to stay in Punggol 5 years later when it completes, I don't see why anyone should buy this NOW.

Even H88 gives a bad review for the cramped buildings. And H88 usually gives good reviews.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Watert...+Quick+Review/
    When resale or subsale is dead, the more reason to buy proj at good location. Something other proj cannot offer. Simple logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Yap. Thats my initial thought as i suspect those lower quantum ones will face the surrounding hdb plus its facing interchange which might heard noise frm buses. 900+psf is kinda expected given ATT and WT recent performance. But im not sure they wld build the 1 bedder or penthouses for this project. Anyone any idea?
    Quite similar to HDB design, smaller units on long corridors. Biggest unit 3+1 not more than 1,400sf - target to launch in 2nd half.

Quite similar to HDB design, smaller units on long corridors. Biggest unit 3+1 not more than 1,400sf - target to launch in 2nd half.
    So smaller units roughly what size? Where u get the info btw?

ka ka hoot la....buy buy buy...cheong cheong cheong AHH....mai tu liao ah...

maybe u r not aware that they are many subsale units at good locations - its
    very difficult to change the mind concept of current buyers who want only
    brand new from developers

further to that many buyers will like to calculate how much profit the seller is
    making since its a sub sale and that sets in their mind - " better buy direct from developer and there are profits to be made" - so that mindset is to change if
    sub sale is to move like new launches

When resale or subsale is dead, the more reason to buy proj at good location. Something other proj cannot offer. Simple logic.

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    maybe u r not aware that they are many subsale units at good locations - its
    very difficult to change the mind concept of current buyers who want only
    brand new from developers

further to that many buyers will like to calculate how much profit the seller is
    making since its a sub sale and that sets in their mind - " better buy direct from developer and there are profits to be made" - so that mindset is to change if
    sub sale is to move like new launches
    Hi bro ppty, you actually make a very valid point and I must agree with you most people like new things and they would prefer to buy from developer. Maybe because this is my 3rd time cashing out from property, I also notice that sometimes buyers look for factors that is more than what you can imagine. For example, some bought subsale at specific location just because they wanted to stay near parents, stay near their work place, stay near good schools, stay near good amendities or even stay near their gfs. Some die hard fans staying @ bedok for 20 yrs will die die look for housing at bedok. Some Jurong die hard fans (even that area got cocoa smell) they will also die die choose jurong. Some who loves punggol for its exciting development will die die go for punggol. There are still people with such mentality. Sometimes you cannot get from new sales as these location you looking for is already taken and filled with existing housings. Thats when subsale happens.

Of coz buying proj at better location will put you in a better advantage when you looking to sell off in future lah. But bor bao jia lah.
    Any forms of property investment no sure win one lah. History already got so many cases.
    Thats why some gurus keep saying dont buy property now, subsale is flat. You can listen or u can defy. I choose to defy and I shall bear the consequence.
    Thats life.
    Last edited by Xan; 05-02-12 at 15:31.

I want to buy, but the price seems too much for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Just curious, why u die die want punggol?
    Then why u didn't go on the early preview? Is it because that time u are still deciding?

Well said, good luck!

Hi bro ppty, you actually make a very valid point and I must agree with you most people like new things and they would prefer to buy from developer. Maybe because this is my 3rd time cashing out from property, I also notice that sometimes buyers look for factors that is more than what you can imagine. For example, some bought subsale at specific location just because they wanted to stay near parents, stay near their work place, stay near good schools, stay near good amendities or even stay near their gfs. Some die hard fans staying @ bedok for 20 yrs will die die look for housing at bedok. Some Jurong die hard fans (even that area got cocoa smell) they will also die die choose jurong. Some who loves punggol for its exciting development will die die go for punggol. There are still people with such mentality. Sometimes you cannot get from new sales as these location you looking for is already taken and filled with existing housings. Thats when subsale happens.

Of coz buying proj at better location will put you in a better advantage when you looking to sell off in future lah. But bor bao jia lah.
    Any forms of property investment no sure win one lah. History already got so many cases.
    Thats why some gurus keep saying dont buy property now, subsale is flat. You can listen or u can defy. I choose to defy and I shall bear the consequence.
    Thats life.

Default Greeting from snow Town.

Then why u didn't go on the early preview? Is it because that time u are still deciding?
    I was not aware that there will be a Watertown.

As mentioned, Punggol is new, young and lead by Deputy Prime Minister Mr. Teo Chee Hean; I believe the area will be well-taken care and developing well under his care and leadership.

Is $800psf affordable for you? Do you need good primary and secondary schools? Nearer to town. If yes, can get Bartley residences launching mid Feb.

Is $800psf affordable for you? Do you need good primary and secondary schools? Nearer to town. If yes, can get Bartley residences launching mid Feb.
    Hi, my quantum budget is small. Yes, I need a good school for my boy. I cannot give a definition on affordability until I have a clear idea on the average pricing.

I am hoping to have 2 rooms so my boys can have their personal space.

Normal mentality of individual choices. People who are born and raised in one area are so used to it that they dont wish to relocate. Most people who live in East Coast would not wish to move to West Coast.
    Secondly, also not many people knew about the preview only those who expressed their interest early were updated .
    Another mentality is people love to cash in when the market is hot, similarly to food - long queues must be good.

Normal mentality of individual choices. People who are born and raised in one area are so used to it that they dont wish to relocate. Most people who live in East Coast would not wish to move to West Coast.
    Secondly, also not many people knew about the preview only those who expressed their interest early were updated .
    Another mentality is people love to cash in when the market is hot, similarly to food - long queues must be good.
    Like I use to say, when uncle and aunties are buying it time to start thinking of selling.

Remember those days after a blizzard where I have to clear the driveway from snow before I can drive my car out of the house. It is really a hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon

this not only show the herd mentality, it also demonstrates the "expensive is good" mentality...good luck!

Bartley is not cheap, they are targetting at $1,000psf at least. Some agents are already marketting it at $1,100psf. The only advantage of this project is near to MRT and some schools, no good amenities like shopping, eating, bus interchange
    Wee Hur will be a better bet than Bartley in terms of pricing & location, although further away from town but how many people need to travel to the city everyday. Even so, it takes about 30 min from Ponggol to Chinatown or CBD by NEL

Hi, my quantum budget is small. Yes, I need a good school for my boy. I cannot give a definition on affordability until I have a clear idea on the average pricing.

I am hoping to have 2 rooms so my boys can have their personal space.
    A good school is only good when the child is in school, once the child is at home and the home is not good then back to square one. The child is at home most of the time, a good home is more important than a good school when they are young.

Bartley is not cheap, they are targetting at $1,000psf at least. Some agents are already marketting it at $1,100psf. The only advantage of this project is near to MRT and some schools, no good amenities like shopping, eating, bus interchange
    Wee Hur will be a better bet than Bartley in terms of pricing & location, although further away from town but how many people need to travel to the city everyday. Even so, it takes about 30 min from Ponggol to Chinatown or CBD by NEL
    Thanks for the valuable views.

Do you mean people staying in Punggol works mainly in the north? I don't think so. I know quite a no. works in CBD. You could be looking for owner occupied unit but investors are looking for growth potential and rental too.

Unfortunately, students spend on average about 10 hours in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    A good school is only good when the child is in school, once the child is at home and the home is not good then back to square one. The child is at home most of the time, a good home is more important than a good school when they are young.

Dont think bartley is launching at 800psf.
    Should be ard 1000 plus to 1200psf.
    Anyone can verify?