Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 80859095100105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3440

Thread: Watertown : Punggol Waterfront Living

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    or barb wire electric fence ? LOL!
    Not a bad idea actually ! Why didn't I think of that ?! Ha ha.

A good article on Waterway Point.

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/co...chored-success

It's going to be crowded as another 60,000 housing units will be coming up in Punggol.

Luckily there's enough amenities in the pipeline. There's 3 neighbourhood centre planned with Oasis Terrace and North Shore Plaza under construction, the third should be at Matilda district.

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    A good article on Waterway Point.

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/co...chored-success

It's going to be crowded as another 60,000 housing units will be coming up in Punggol.

Luckily there's enough amenities in the pipeline. There's 3 neighbourhood centre planned with Oasis Terrace and North Shore Plaza under construction, the third should be at Matilda district.
    Nice pic from above link.

Some nice pic from FB taken by others.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ha ha ha!
    minority,
    you are the biggest liar and twister here everybody also know, you wanna say other people?
    No twisting and turning can change the fact lah!!!!!!!

Ehh if u learn to read. I am saying from a renter perspective comparing Coralis and WT... Rent is not much diff and Coralis have more to offer. Why u cannot read or something? or basically you are like the Lairing bear who cherry pick part of the conversation and mis represent? LOL you LAN LAN is it? STUCK with a WT?

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    Nice pic from above link.

Do you still find the mall crampy ? I personally think that the walkway is quite spacious.

Do you still find the mall crampy ? I personally think that the walkway is quite spacious.
    The small lane at the east wing, but thats not an issue, problem is...its damn packed, why ppl like to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7 View Post
    The small lane at the east wing, but thats not an issue, problem is...its damn packed, why ppl like to come here?
    Could be the novelty factor because it is new?

The shopping isn't that fantastic but most of the popular brands are there. It might be more crowded once Uniqlo and H&M opens.

Might also be due to the sheer number of F&B choices.

Just wondering if the crowd will be worse when all the shops are opened?

I am actually surprised there's Giordano and Watsons as the original list didn't have them.

Aiyo... dun say people cherry pick part of conversation leh...
    Their cherry picking skill still not as steady as you....
    i like your style.... made an effort to do a search on pptyguru or caveat and steadily pick a 1976 TOP one to compare!
    But then no need so troublesome to compare to WT... just compare next door condos lah.
    Those buyers for those next door condos, like martin place residence (TOP 2011), who paid like >$2k psf in recent resales, not as smart as you... they should have bought pacific mansion instead which is solid 'bang for bucks' at half price!

Ehh if u learn to read. I am saying from a renter perspective comparing Coralis and WT... Rent is not much diff and Coralis have more to offer. Why u cannot read or something? or basically you are like the Lairing bear who cherry pick part of the conversation and mis represent? LOL you LAN LAN is it? STUCK with a WT?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What can you expect from minority????
    The biggest liar cum twist-and-turn here will always try to throw an accusation most befitting of himself at others..............
    May be can throw banana at that monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu View Post
    Aiyo... dun say people cherry pick part of conversation leh...
    Their cherry picking skill still not as steady as you....
    i like your style.... made an effort to do a search on pptyguru or caveat and steadily pick a 1976 TOP one to compare!
    But then no need so troublesome to compare to WT... just compare next door condos lah.
    Those buyers for those next door condos, like martin place residence (TOP 2011), who paid like >$2k psf in recent resales, not as smart as you... they should have bought pacific mansion instead which is solid 'bang for bucks' at half price!

WT is suitable for those who prefer to be away from hustle and bustle of city living. Not everyone works in town nor like to shop in Orchard areas due to congestion and higher pricing in shopping cos rental rates for retail, office and residential are so high.
    Living in the north-east is also more healthy in environment as far as annual haze is concerned, those living in the city are the most affected by the haze, being nearest to Indonesia. Lately, Orchard area is marred by many unfortunate happenings and the most vulnerable to be hit by terrorism.
    Humble people live in humble areas, Orchard Road are for high flyers and for the rich and famous. There is no end to comparison, hence it boils down to individual choice so long ppl are happy with their decisions whether they buy for investment or for own staying, it's their money and whether they win or lose it's still their own business. We win some and lose some in our lives but can never win all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel View Post
    WT is suitable for those who prefer to be away from hustle and bustle of city living. Not everyone works in town nor like to shop in Orchard areas due to congestion and higher pricing in shopping cos rental rates for retail, office and residential are so high.
    Living in the north-east is also more healthy in environment as far as annual haze is concerned, those living in the city are the most affected by the haze, being nearest to Indonesia. Lately, Orchard area is marred by many unfortunate happenings and the most vulnerable to be hit by terrorism.
    Humble people live in humble areas, Orchard Road are for high flyers and for the rich and famous. There is no end to comparison, hence it boils down to individual choice so long ppl are happy with their decisions whether they buy for investment or for own staying, it's their money and whether they win or lose it's still their own business. We win some and lose some in our lives but can never win all the time.
    Best post in this forum for quite a while !

If only everyone think like you but unfortunately, there will always be people who has a superiority complex and think they know it all and want to run down other people.

For those who bought Watertown, you should have received a SMS notifying you that you can collect the waterway point tote bag from B1.

It is still as crowded 5 days after the opening.

For those who bought Watertown, you should have received a SMS notifying you that you can collect the waterway point tote bag from B1.

It is still as crowded 5 days after the opening.
    Just collected mine from the booth promoting FE projects right in the centre of Market Square. Unless you are visiting otherwise don't waste time travelling all the way there, place is too crowded for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by chanel View Post
    Just collected mine from the booth promoting FE projects right in the centre of Market Square. Unless you are visiting otherwise don't waste time travelling all the way there, place is too crowded for comfort.
    Yes, agree ! I hope the crowd will subside.

Alot of the trash bin are overflowing and toilets has long queue.

The Plaza and The Cove were packed and even the surrounding waterway area was full of people. I have never seen so many people around the area.

It seems that suddenly, people are interested in the area and find it worthwhile to linger and hang out around the waterway.

Nice pics. The view and feel should be quite shiok

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Nice pics. The view and feel should be quite shiok
    Yes, nice view and feel but just too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    What can you expect from minority????
    The biggest liar cum twist-and-turn here will always try to throw an accusation most befitting of himself at others..............
    May be can throw banana at that monkey?
    LOL!!! THE LIAR KING IS OUT PROWLING... Talk about the bull shit you can crap out of ur gap.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Just two words for minority.... "Plain stupid". Lol

coming from some one who is stuck with a DUD....
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Truely a twist n turn liar.
    At one point, you claim to be looking at investor's perspective, at another point, you claim to look at renter perspective. You are beyond hope I Guess. Lol....contradicting yourself from time to time.

Guess you have forgotten the list of rubbish recommendations and comparison you have put up here by recommending a 40yr old condo with only two transaction betw 2014 to 2016. Trying to mislead others here? I'm too familiar with your tricks.

Haha stuck with WT? Most of us here are so damn happy that we bought below 10xxpsf with all surrounding amenities.
    But from your reaction, I can see that you are damn jealous. Is it because that time you got no $$ to buy? Hahaha
    My deepest condolence.

LOL! From a investor perspective a renter is important. from a renter perspective is important to a investor coz investor need renter. You must be 1st time doing this is it? LOL! No wonder ........

Happy coz lan lan.. wondering security is concern, lan Lan wondering if everything must be so crowded and cramp when come home. At least when I come home its peace and quiet yet a short stroll out of my place its bustling with all the amenities. I guess you have to LAN LAN find happiness.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

LOL! From a investor perspective a renter is important. from a renter perspective is important to a investor coz investor need renter. You must be 1st time doing this is it? LOL! No wonder ........

Happy coz lan lan.. wondering security is concern, lan Lan wondering if everything must be so crowded and cramp when come home. At least when I come home its peace and quiet yet a short stroll out of my place its bustling with all the amenities. I guess you have to LAN LAN find happiness.
    I'm surprise you can even afford a home. Lol
    Your hallucination looks serious.
    you are a complete disgrace here when everyone all agreed you r a big liar. Lol

Like Chanel, I bought WT because it's within my means and I don't mind living in a humbling district - so long as I am Hua Hee.

Seriously, I paid $1025psf for my Sky Patio during the VVIP. And that's b4 the stamp duty and furniture rebates from FEO. A pretty good deal imho.

Minority being a minority sees things different from the rest and from the relentless rantings and name calling of WT buyers for the last 4 years, this guy/lady ain't gonna budge! Lol.

Notwithstanding, I salute his/her firm stand on his/her version of property investment.
    But Minority, maybe a little toning down and better research might make thing a little friendlier here.

One question though, why are u so up against WT and the buyers?????
    What's your agenda?

There are ppl who has nothing to do but like to stir sentiments to seek attention. Best solution is to ignore totally and dont rebut at all to any posts that one disagrees and move on. It's not worth stressing our short lives with unhappy posts. Moreover, there is no right nor wrong to squabble over comments, afterall this is only a discussion forum meant to share and make friends or be future neighbours. We should try to respect each other's opinions and not habour ill thoughts against one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    Like Chanel, I bought WT because it's within my means and I don't mind living in a humbling district - so long as I am Hua Hee.

Seriously, I paid $1025psf for my Sky Patio during the VVIP. And that's b4 the stamp duty and furniture rebates from FEO. A pretty good deal imho.

Minority being a minority sees things different from the rest and from the relentless rantings and name calling of WT buyers for the last 4 years, this guy/lady ain't gonna budge! Lol.

Notwithstanding, I salute his/her firm stand on his/her version of property investment.
    But Minority, maybe a little toning down and better research might make thing a little friendlier here.

What's your agenda?
    Wow ! That's a seriously great deal you got for the Sky Patio ! I guess it must be the waterway facing units at either Tower 8 or 9 ? I was offered Sky Patio but due to the larger size, the quantum is too high for me so I didn't buy it.

Not vested in this project.

I have been explaining since 2012 about decentralisation and the upward strive / growth of OCR in hotspots. There are some diehards though that refuse and reject this possible long term trend; for them, absolute macro-location is what they look for (perhaps they are mainly private car drivers?). And that is fine for their preferences. But when they insist that the market must follow their preferences, that's when they get disillusioned. How each individual derives satisfaction and happiness is different as well.

The current trend is that there is a majority (large group at least) willing to pay for micro-location factors. This is especially true for own stay / holiday home. A potential valid risk is whether there are rental demand supporting these prices in the long run. My view remains unchanged in that with the continued beefing of transport and other infrastructure, many people will find it still attractive as a destination to stay.

In the continued push for car-lite Singapore, I foresee a divergence of strategies, each as valid as the other. Several more central locations are presenting great value propositions for investment or diversification, while outskirt hotspots will also continue to attract home buyers and to some extent, tenants. While yields might not be high if one buys around 1500 or 1600 PSF, it is probably the same scenario islandwide as tenants become price sensitive in a potentially fragile economic climate. And for own stay, yields is not even an issue.

What's your agenda?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Wow ! That's a seriously great deal you got for the Sky Patio ! I guess it must be the waterway facing units at either Tower 8 or 9 ? I was offered Sky Patio but due to the larger size, the quantum is too high for me so I didn't buy it.
    T9.
    Actually can't blame Minority much - my purchase was met with alot of "what!" " But why???" " U crazy ah!!" 4 years ago by a handful. And the ill-famous : "Punggol???"

Now that the beautiful mall is up and the condo is taking shape, I think I made the right decision as far as I m concerned ( I know our beloved Minority will beg to differ LOL). I song enough liao.

By the way I m an existing Punggolian (very vested some might say).

Happy Year of the Monkey to one and all ah!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Not vested in this project.

I have been explaining since 2012 about decentralisation and the upward strive / growth of OCR in hotspots. There are some diehards though that refuse and reject this possible long term trend; for them, absolute macro-location is what they look for (perhaps they are mainly private car drivers?). And that is fine for their preferences. But when they insist that the market must follow their preferences, that's when they get disillusioned. How each individual derives satisfaction and happiness is different as well.

The current trend is that there is a majority (large group at least) willing to pay for micro-location factors. This is especially true for own stay / holiday home. A potential valid risk is whether there are rental demand supporting these prices in the long run. My view remains unchanged in that with the continued beefing of transport and other infrastructure, many people will find it still attractive as a destination to stay.

In the continued push for car-lite Singapore, I foresee a divergence of strategies, each as valid as the other. Several more central locations are presenting great value propositions for investment or diversification, while outskirt hotspots will also continue to attract home buyers and to some extent, tenants. While yields might not be high if one buys around 1500 or 1600 PSF, it is probably the same scenario islandwide as tenants become price sensitive in a potentially fragile economic climate. And for own stay, yields is not even an issue.
    Thanks for sharing your views. Are the hot areas those that are defined by the master plan i.e Woodlands, Jurong and Paya Lebar ?

To me, property is a illiquid and long term investment. In order to gain good capital appreciation, you will need to identify areas with good potential and invest early. Those that are looking at rental yield will typically look at the current state rather than future state.

T9.
    Actually can't blame Minority much - my purchase was met with alot of "what!" " But why???" " U crazy ah!!" 4 years ago by a handful. And the ill-famous : "Punggol???"

Now that the beautiful mall is up and the condo is taking shape, I think I made the right decision as far as I m concerned ( I know our beloved Minority will beg to differ LOL). I song enough liao.

By the way I m an existing Punggolian (very vested some might say).

Happy Year of the Monkey to one and all ah!
    I am glad you are very happy with your purchase.

I never thought much of Punggol to be honest. My grandma used to have a farm at Jalan Kayu and I used to stay there when I was a kid. Sometimes, we will walk all the way to Punggol jetty. The government acquired the lands in the 80s and the next time I visited Punggol was probably in the early 2000s when one of my friend had a house warming. I wasn't too impressed as that place was very barren back then.

I only visited Punggol late 2011 when I went to see the showroom of ATT. I was quite impressed with the environment as the Waterway was up. Most units at ATT was sold except for a few low floor units. The agent there told me that if I am really keen in Punggol, I could wait for the project opposite (Watertown) which was going to launch in a few months time and that started me on research (master plan) and I register myself for the VVIP preview. The rest is history.

WT is quite unique in the sense that it faces the waterway which leads all the way to Punggol point and Cony Island and the plus point of not being blocked by high buildings. Healthier lifestyles for the older and younger generations to cycle, jog, scooter ride and outdoor activities after office & school hours and during week-ends. No worries about transport as it is surrounded by bus interchange, mrt and lrt to all parts of Singapore and don't have to own cars too.
    Another unique design of WT is the balcony is enclosed by full height louvres, which can double-up as the dining area.
    Never a regret when invested in properties which are long term assets and it will definitely appreciate in value although it has it's ups and downs.
    Most importantly, one must be happy and contented.

personally i do find it quite packed, as the developer tries to maximize profits by setting stalls along the walkways.. not sure if there should be crowd control measures...

hope the crowd will subside after the novelty fizzles out.. hate to see the beautiful mall to end up like NEX...