Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    cross the river u r district 3 already. neighbours with rental flats.

also, river place 600+ units, pier "exclusive" and part of the "action" just downstairs.
    true...
    Pier neighbourhood has an expat feel. Clift neighbourhood has a chinatown feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    area of 1 bedder pier = area of 2 bedder clift.
    the rental for 1 bedder pier about 5000, same for 2 bedder clift a few months back.

also dont know why pier is consistently higher than riverplace, which is directly opposite, or the other robertson area/mhd sultan condos.
    The price conparison was psf price. So, generally psf of one bedder is higher than psf of 2 bedder of same size?

no. generally, the psf of one bedder is higher than the psf of 2 bedder becoz the 2 bedder is a bigger size than the 1 bedder.

but in this comparison, its same size, say 700 sq ft. 700 sq ft 1 bedder if fetch 4k and 700 sq ft 2 bedder can fetch 5k, of course psf for 2 bedder is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    true...
    Pier neighbourhood has an expat feel. Clift neighbourhood has a chinatown feel.

The price conparison was psf price. So, generally psf of one bedder is higher than psf of 2 bedder of same size?

That's what i thought too. Thanks!

Clift one bedder is small compared to pier one bedder

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    seletar rd rental doesnt make sense leh
    neither does Duke's road. you can count the nb of condos there in one hand

The monsoon drain beside the ECP Carpark near Fort Road confirmed my thoughts. I remembered 5 years ago when MM first suggested the idea of the Barrage, the image of a crystal clear Singapore River flashed across my mind.

This morning, after a little jog along the ECP jogging track and while enjoying the sun rise, it struck me to approach the monsoon drain to have a good look.

There was like 3 feet of clear water floating right on top of the sea water .The clear water is very easily identifiable and unlike the sea water at the beach.

The Marina Barrage is doing its job very well indeed- it is like a fish tank filter- filtering out the dirt and black slug with every release of the river's water into the sea beyond. As I turned to leave, I saw our former President having his morning walk. We exchanged smiles. Then, the next thought came to my mind.

The Singapore River is undergoing a major ecological transformation. In less than 10 years, the Singapore River shall be transformed into the most famous river on Planet Earth- the only river that you can clearly see the fishes and aquatic life underneath the river surface.

This river will be the vital vein of our tourism industry, connecting the human activities above right to the mouths of the Barrage and carrying the good energies to the Gardens by the Bay.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 19-04-12 at 11:47.

I went down over to the StarBuck cafe formerly known as "BIG SPLASH". I was with a very famous Hong Kong actress but none in the cafe seemed to recognise her. We picked a table near the windows overlooking the ChildCare Center and settled down.

"How is that possible ? The river water turning crystal clear !", she asked me in Cantonese.

" It is possible. Well, I am no engineer but here's my logic: previously without the barrage, the water flows slowly out of the river mouth. This time, the Barrage will release with great force the river water out into the ocean, taking all the sediments with it. ", I took a sip of the coffee and paused. I looked at her beautiful eyes and then continued.

" You see, the river water will be replaced by fresh rainwater everytime the Barrage releases the full tank. Over time, you should see clear water...very clear. The more it rains, the faster it will clear. "

Then, the billionaire Mr. Beng drove his lamborghini to the cafe entrance and waved to us , signaling that it was time to go for our shareholders meeting.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    I went down over to the StarBuck cafe formerly known as "BIG SPLASH". I was with a very famous Hong Kong actress but none in the cafe seemed to recognise her.
    神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!
    I always enjoyed reading ur postings, this famous HK actress is it Deborah? wahaha...ur next kopi trip bring her to chinatown, more will recognise her.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    I always enjoyed reading ur postings, this famous HK actress is it Deborah? wahaha...ur next kopi trip bring her to chinatown, more will recognise her.
    why, brother maisonjai! that is so nice of you. for your praise, I shall reveal one more aspect of the Singapore River mouth. Look at my previous image of the Singapore River mouth- did you see the outline of the Fairy of Fertility ?

why, brother maisonjai! that is so nice of you. for your praise, I shall reveal one more aspect of the Singapore River mouth. Look at my previous image of the Singapore River mouth- did you see the outline of the Fairy of Fertility ?

i only see the female anatomy, vagina, ovary, hymen.
    so if terrorists rammed an oil tanker up the barrage, then singapore is screwed.

here's the clue:

Like tt also can?! V imaginative on e erotic side.

Waiting for FT peneration?

so if terrorists rammed an oil tanker up the barrage, then singapore is screwed.
    haha...u made my day.

Ha ha ha ha ha ........ thanks for livening up a dull day.

Default emerald garden

value appearing suddenly in march?

3 transactions at 1466, 1480 and 1548psf. previous 8 transactions in 2011 at 15xx to 16xxpsf.

Default st martin residence

last june, $3.75m gets you a 2153 sq ft p/h at 1742psf.

in apr-12, $3.75m gets you a 2885 sq ft p/h at 1300psf.

another one in apr-12 at 2684psf. still significantly lower than the 2933 to 3641 range of 2010 and 2011. maybe developer has decided to absorb 10% ABSD?!

Orchard View $6,360,000 2530 sq ft 2514psf Mar-12

Bro dtrax, is this a NEW developer sale of low floor unit?

coz previous 9 caveats lodged are from 2933 to 3641psf

Published April 21, 2012

Wheelock setting its wheels in motion
    Group exploring local and overseas projects, mixed-developments
    By
    Mindy Tan

MS TAN
    Believes in the strength of the luxury market. A matter of time before it starts moving again

- FILE PHOTO

MARKET watchers can expect more activity from Wheelock Properties looking ahead, says Tan Bee Kim, its executive director.

"We are actively looking at investments both locally and overseas," says Ms Tan, sharing that the group is interested in Singapore's residential, commercial, and retail markets, and is not ruling out the possibility of a mixed-development.

Its latest project, Ardmore Three, located along Ardmore Park is launch-ready, noted Ms Tan, adding that the group is keeping an eye on the market before deciding on a launch date.

"There is strength in the Singapore market (and) upgraders are still buying. I think there is a lot of liquidity in the market and with low interest rates ... everyone is putting his or her money in the stock market or property market.

"However, the luxury market is not that active. I still believe in the strength of the luxury market. There still is a lot of cash available and I think it's just a matter of time before that market will also start moving. As the lower end of the market picks up, you will see pricing of the suburban market move up ... so when the time comes, as a consequence, the luxury market has to go up as well. Maybe this year (or) next year."
    The group's freehold 36-storey luxury development comprising 84 three-bedroom units, is expected to be completed by 2014.

The group has also been noticeably active in its overseas foray. In February last year, Wheelock Properties surprised analysts when it announced it was buying five sites in Fuyang City, China, for 1.44 billion yuan (S$285 million), with the intention to build about 1,900 residential sites.

In March, the death of Wheelock Properties' David Lawrence had raised questions regarding succession planning, which were addressed in yesterday's annual general meeting.

Says Ms Tan: "Previous to this, David Lawrence used to be CEO, and he had both Tan Zing Yan and myself working with him to run the company. In turn, David worked with the chairman of the group, Peter Woo. However, with David's passing, the current setup is that both of the executive directors work directly with the chairman, who is in constant contact with us."

Wheelock Properties' stock yesterday gained four cents to close at $1.83.

read from The Edge that this is a mid floor, resale transaction. Seller could possibly have bought at 2933psf or more!

i also did a check on wheelock. they are super well capitalised, probably the listed property developer with the strongest balance sheet sitting on 1.1b of NET cash and another 1.26b worth of Wheelock Place and Scotts Square retail podium that is debt free.

their remaning stock of Orchard View, Scotts Square and even Ardmore 3 is a small % of their net assets.
    they are unlikely to have cut price, i have wronged them.

Orchard View $6,360,000 2530 sq ft 2514psf Mar-12

Bro dtrax, is this a NEW developer sale of low floor unit?

coz previous 9 caveats lodged are from 2933 to 3641psf

why S MR sold at $1300psf?

Default Is this #11-06 with a nice bay view?

The Sail @ Marina Bay $3,520,000 1701 sq ft 2070psf Apr-12

Default Altez

Altez $1,013,800 549 sq ft 1847psf Apr-12

Is this a firesale or just a unit which the loan only started just kicking in?

The Sail @ Marina Bay $3,520,000 1701 sq ft 2070psf Apr-12
    #11-06, yes this stack is the one with the view.

btw this one seems to be a gd px:

RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 3,250,000 1,755 Strata 1,852 Apr-12

rivergate one dunno is it the stack 7/9 3-bedder or the stack 1/2 4-bedder leh? its important whether 3 or 4 bedder rite?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    #11-06, yes this stack is the one with the view.

btw this one seems to be a gd px:

RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 3,250,000 1,755 Strata 1,852 Apr-12

another orchard view transaction at 2617psf. 4 in a row in mar/apr 2012 at 2514 to 2684psf vs 2933 to 3641psf before 2012 and looks like sub sale cutting loss more than developer cutting price.

Default st thomas suites

someone bought 2 * 2605 sq ft units in a 1958psf deal. good deal for buyer psf-wise also but quantum is huge.

to be honest I think there are "bargain hunters" eying good deals in CCR now...
    it's like whenever it's 10% lower than current level there will have takers. Paterson Suites just gave a 5% rental guarantee then immediately cleared most stocks.

paterson suites was attractive wor. 5% guarantee for 4 years leh!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    to be honest I think there are "bargain hunters" eying good deals in CCR now...
    it's like whenever it's 10% lower than current level there will have takers. Paterson Suites just gave a 5% rental guarantee then immediately cleared most stocks.

1755 sq ft shld be 4 bedder.

I checked the iPhone app version of the URA caveats, and it states that the unit is in 6th to 10th floor.

But still a very good price!

rivergate one dunno is it the stack 7/9 3-bedder or the stack 1/2 4-bedder leh? its important whether 3 or 4 bedder rite?

stack 7 and stack 9 3-bedders also have 1755 sq ft in size, no?

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    1755 sq ft shld be 4 bedder.

I checked the iPhone app version of the URA caveats, and it states that the unit is in 6th to 10th floor.

But still a very good price!