Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parc (D5, Freehold, Chip Eng Seng & Lehman Brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    not bad lah ...

at least from where he is ... he can see others ..others cant see him ..

if i have this unit .. i can sleep naked with the windows open ,without the need to draw curtains ...

compared to others who look into another unit .. this is very good already .. i am sure have a nice sunset view

second that. you won't need to worry other people's kitchen overlooking into your master bedroom.

it's a great view in today's context. and as long as there's no en bloc in the shophouses below, this view is secured.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    The blue thing is just the protective film for the balcony glass...isn't it?
    haha, I was going to say that. but I decided let him remain stupid. who am I to educate these ignorant people. let them be.

and he had the nerve to call himself property investor. just a greenhorn pretending to be an investor of any kind.
    I thought they were trying to imitate the Carabelle's blue glasses, which I think also look very nice.

(I haven't been to Carabelle, it's just based on these pictures).

This is exactly what I was talking about. a basic singapore trait. always grabbing a chance to insult other people to get ahead. you see it everywhere. at work, in movie theaters, in IRs. as I said, these are just peasant farmers transplanted to a major metropolitan area, but still acting the way their ancestors did.

by the way, I really don't think the parc is near an MRT station, unless you are a road runner, bee bee.
    Hey, remember you married a peasant farmer's daughter and give two half-peasant kids for you? Hmm..bet you like to be with peasant farmers afterall..

Strange but your remarks below about CLEMENTIWOODS aren't insulting?

haha, relax, no one is attacking your little mouse hole called Home. No one is attacking your little snake called a pool.

Just because I made some smart alexy remark about your condo doesn't mean you should engage in a personal attack on me. No, I am not fat. I am 5 feet 10 inches, and I weigned 150 lbs.

you guys should watch Yip Man 2.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Got much better ones nearer to MRT stations you know. Below are the ones which is just across the road from the MRT station:
    - D9 got Parisian (just walk diagonally across the road to Orchard MRT station).
    - D10 got Newton One (diagonal across the road but has to walk a big detour because of the stupid Newton Circus).
    - D11 got Thomson Euro-Asia (just walk across the road to Novena Square shopping mall and Novena MRT station is just underneath this shopping mall).

What else I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    The Parc selling points are mainly due to its amienities nearby, I do not see much freehold projects in Singapore that are close to MRT stations, the one that i remember should be Alexis in Alexandra, moreover Parc is near to the future Clementi Hub, waliking distance to MRT + shopping malls + market for good food, these are the selling points.

As for our dear friend who stay in Crappybelle, he will take his time to crawl there I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Got much better ones nearer to MRT stations you know. Below are the ones which is just across the road from the MRT station:
    - D9 got Parisian (just walk diagonally across the road to Orchard MRT station).
    - D10 got Newton One (diagonal across the road but has to walk a big detour because of the stupid Newton Circus).
    - D11 got Thomson Euro-Asia (just walk across the road to Novena Square shopping mall and Novena MRT station is just underneath this shopping mall).

What else I missed?
    There r plenty in D9 and D11 FH and within 5mins walk to MRT...Maybe he is refering to OCR...really not many...hehe

Problem with OCR properties are that the MRT tracks are mostly above ground, so would prefer to be further than to be nearer due to noise from the MRT trains!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    There r plenty in D9 and D11 FH and within 5mins walk to MRT...Maybe he is refering to OCR...really not many...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Perhaps you didn't read his posting on one's mother. Is there a need to bring in one's mother in an argument?
    Noted. Yes, bring one's parent into argument is bad indeed. Never relate to this cause I never equate "parent" to "elderly", they are at a level much much higher.

What else I missed?
    You missed the entire DTL2. Full of 999 or FH that are near MRT from RCR to OCR ro CCR.

What you said was a load of hogwash. I never initiated any attack on any condo. Normally it was someone saying something that I agreed with that got me involved in the discussion. For example, someone said how can the parc be so ugly, so much like HDB estates and such, and following that, I said something to the same effect. That is called discussion, not vicious attack. What you, avatar and xebay, and all those obnoxious singaporeans do is whether the concerns are valid or not, you immediately take offense and engage in personalities, either saying the attackers have ulterior motives, or he is trying make his own properties look better, and such.

Before I came to this country to work, I had a lot of respect for singaporeans. After all these years, I realize that you guys are no better than poor peasants in china. after all, you all descended from the same stock. so, stop pretending to be superior to all those poor peasant farmers in china. you are as graceless and obnoxious as all those PRC immigrants you singaporeans are fond of attacking.

by the way, I always suspected that you were not telling the truth when you said "I am not vested in this condo." Now you are telling the truth.
    Why make such sweeping statement?

Westerner has their fair ugly share during factory outlet holiday sale or abuse of return policy.

No doubt you see narrow minded people here that just can't swallow critic or plain tissue "booking" table at foodcourt but still, there is no ground for such sweeping statement.

BTW, it Beep Beep, not Bee Bee.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    You missed the entire DTL2. Full of 999 or FH that are near MRT from RCR to OCR ro CCR.
    did any1 ever compile all the FH/999 condo within 500m away from MRT?

It will comes handy...

Why make such sweeping statement?

Westerner has their fair ugly share during factory outlet holiday sale or abuse of return policy.

No doubt you see narrow minded people here that just can't swallow critic or plain tissue "booking" table at foodcourt but still, there is no ground for such sweeping statement.

BTW, it Beep Beep, not Bee Bee.
    yes, I agree I went overboard. While many singaporeans have no class, others do have class. I guess I have met more that don't than do. And that is the problem. for example, I have seldom seldom, almost never, met singaporeans who are gracious enough to give up their seats on MRT for me with young sons when they were just 1 or 2 years old, although many seats are designed for the elderly and young. It would be a different story in Toronto or even Sydney (many australians are known to be racists). the country does score low on graciousness and class.

No lah, because:
    (1) DTL2 will be ready only in or after 2015 (Is the date right?)
    (2) Even when DTL2 is ready, still very difficult to find FH or 999LH private properties that can reach MRT station by just crossing the road (something like just 1-2 mins to reach the underground MRT station).

In a word of fairness, I have to say that the situation is improving compared to many years ago.

However, there is an interesting observation ever since the media started emphasizing on "graciousness". People are deliberately not taking the "reserved seats" in the MRT and buses first. With such deliberation, it is pretty obvious that it is in the subconscious mind that the expectation is that the person taking the reserve seat should give up their seats first. If they don't, then maybe I will.

The legal boundaries of reserved and unreserved seats on public transport is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. At the end of the day, every seat is a "reserved seat" and graciousness should come from within.

yes, I agree I went overboard. While many singaporeans have no class, others do have class. I guess I have met more that don't than do. And that is the problem. for example, I have seldom seldom, almost never, met singaporeans who are gracious enough to give up their seats on MRT for me with young sons when they were just 1 or 2 years old, although many seats are designed for the elderly and young. It would be a different story in Toronto or even Sydney (many australians are known to be racists). the country does score low on graciousness and class.

I can't actually disagree with you on this. Well, hope you will be more lucky then, to meet gracious people AND those with a broader mind to take critics.

No lah, because:
    (1) DTL2 will be ready only in or after 2015 (Is the date right?)
    (2) Even when DTL2 is ready, still very difficult to find FH or 999LH private properties that can reach MRT station by just crossing the road (something like just 1-2 mins to reach the underground MRT station).
    Yup, DTL2 only be ready said estimated 2015.

Hey.. 1-2mins is too short lah.. Said 5 mins? Check out the DTL2 stations, it may be more difficult to find a 99LH properties around the station then a 999LH/FH.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    In a word of fairness, I have to say that the situation is improving compared to many years ago.

However, there is an interesting observation ever since the media started emphasizing on "graciousness". People are deliberately not taking the "reserved seats" in the MRT and buses first. With such deliberation, it is pretty obvious that it is in the subconscious mind that the expectation is that the person taking the reserve seat should give up their seats first. If they don't, then maybe I will.

The legal boundaries of reserved and unreserved seats on public transport is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. At the end of the day, every seat is a "reserved seat" and graciousness should come from within.
    i agree too ...

but i find when it comes to PUBLIC issues like 'reserved seat' on MRT .. if a man sit and not give up ..women sneer at men

but the biggest culprits are the women at raffles place ..

knn put a packet of tissue paper and reserve their seat ??
    they take 10 mins to get their food ..during which time ..i could have finished my food .. reserving seat this way is so selfish

once i didnt care and sat on one where a woman placed her tissue ..
    i also finsihed my food then she came ..
    and she said to me " thats my seat"

i said" its open to all, and it was empty when i came.

she said " i place my tissue there"

i said " thats littering even if its not on the floor.. leaving it on the table is both littering and inconsiderate"

then i finished my food and left .. meanwhile she found a seat at the next table ..

people says the TISSUE paper is a spore culture and can laugh about it ..
    when you are holding your food and have to walk a few rounds just to find one empty seat without tissue paper ..is very frustrating..

dont women realise that the time the take to get their food, someone else can use that seat and possibly finish before they come back ?

so Graciousness aer expected of Men only .. unfortunately .. and women who talks so much about it ..dont realise they are the biggest culprit of not practising it

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i agree too ...

but i find when it comes to PUBLIC issues like 'reserved seat' on MRT .. if a man sit and not give up ..women sneer at men

but the biggest culprits are the women at raffles place ..

knn put a packet of tissue paper and reserve their seat ??
    they take 10 mins to get their food ..during which time ..i could have finished my food .. reserving seat this way is so selfish

once i didnt care and sat on one where a woman placed her tissue ..
    i also finsihed my food then she came ..
    and she said to me " thats my seat"

i said" its open to all, and it was empty when i came.

she said " i place my tissue there"

i said " thats littering even if its not on the floor.. leaving it on the table is both littering and inconsiderate"

then i finished my food and left .. meanwhile she found a seat at the next table ..

people says the TISSUE paper is a spore culture and can laugh about it ..
    when you are holding your food and have to walk a few rounds just to find one empty seat without tissue paper ..is very frustrating..

dont women realise that the time the take to get their food, someone else can use that seat and possibly finish before they come back ?

so Graciousness aer expected of Men only .. unfortunately .. and women who talks so much about it ..dont realise they are the biggest culprit of not practising it
    haha, the tissue issue. I am sure you don't have that problem in the big apple. people say that new yorkers are the rudest. but even there, you don't have the tissue issue. it is so bad that even youngsters are doing it, obviously having learned from their parents.

going back to the seat issue, we do have a car, but my sons when they were young, they liked to take buses, for fun. I noticed that the moment we got aboard the subway train, all the passengers avert their eyes, afraid of making eye contact. those on the priority seats would cover their eyes with newspapers, books, or whatever is handy. It is so comical that even my sons laughed. "hey hey, look that uncle, he is covering his eyes."

Small issues aside...at least i feel safer to walk alone on the streets in SG compared to many other countries.

western countries keep borrowing and printing....asian countries keep lending...dare not imagine the consequences....hope does not happen in my lifetime.

Any The Parc owner here got any news on the TOP of this project? Me bot from sub-sales and do check out the site every week, don't think they can finish the job by this month

In Sunday times article yesterday,
    The Parc Condo was the Top 2nd popular property for sub-sales in Q1 2010,
    (One Amber being the 1st), though the sub-sale market level is still low at 13% of all sales compared to the peak period of 2007/8 where it's at 35%.
    So not much speculations as compared to 2007, mostly on real demand from investors/own stays.

Picture taken today:

More pictures can be found in this forum :
    http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid...lt.aspx#212039

To all Parc owners in this forum, let's count down to TOP

Entrance and Club House 90% done

All swimming pools filled up with water already

Click Here for more pictures :
    --> http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid...lt.aspx#213489

I like the design of this dev. looked "superior" among the HDB, but the multistorey carpark make it looked cheapo...

The Parc actually build above the ground level by raising it by 1.5level of earth. 80% of the carpark lots are in ground level(upon driving in from the main entrance). The higher level of MSCP is actually almost same level as those resident staying in 1st floor. The top level of the MSCP is actually meant for facilities.

I think the parc is okay if you can just look beyond the fact that it looks so much like an HDB estate.

Besides, the asking prices are quiet reasonable, less than those for the adjacent condos, and less than $1,000 psf. I couldn't find units for sale at botannia or carabelle for less than 1,000 psf.

But with more than 1000 units for sale on Propertyguru.com alone, I guess few people are buying.

But with more than 1000 units for sale on Propertyguru.com alone, I guess few people are buying.
    There are people waiting for the prices to fall...

Updated from streetsine.com

Transaction Date 21st May, 1516sqft @ $1030/psf

Already over 1k psf liao

Majority of the owner asking for over 1k/psf, those below 1k/psf are lower floor and not good facing.

yes I dun believe the owners of The Parc will be asking less than Botannia / Carabelle especially it is Freehold.

I just hope the so called Hong Leong Garden Shopping Center will be truly turned into a shopping centre with so many residents around