Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

then that would bring in security issues as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Stone Stone
    I think Carpark is the major issue.
    For example, i do not have any car, but I still pay for monthly Maintenance Fee. I will like to register my friend or relative car that stay near to the condo. So they get the free parking. In this case, 1 unit 1 lot is important.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    then that would bring in security issues as well!
    This is a chain reaction.
    From Carpark issue to Security issue.
    From Security issue to Manpower issue.
    From Manpower issue to Money issue.
    From Money issue, back to Carpark issue.....

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Singapore's policy for passenger cars might be 0 or negative growth in near future. No point providing so many parking lots.
    Parking woes may become a potential big issue. Even for those owners that do not own cars right now....but given the fact that these people can afford to buy a condo, it means that buying a car is definitely within their means. This seems to be more of a plot by Sim Lian to maximize profits.

Even if no car now, family needs may change. One can't expect aged parents, pregnant wife etc to take MRT or cab everyday. Eg: Your wife going into labour at midnight and you start to call for a cab or take MRT? Your children fell sick and need to go hospital or 24hrs clinic for treatment and one start to dial for a cab? There will also definitely be some rich folks who own not just 1 car in this development.

Is it possible to ask the developer to add in more lots at this juncture? More definitely better than later not enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Parking woes may become a potential big issue. Even for those owners that do not own cars right now....but given the fact that these people can afford to buy a condo, it means that buying a car is definitely within their means. This seems to be more of a plot by Sim Lian to maximize profits.

Even if no car now, family needs may change. One can't expect aged parents, pregnant wife etc to take MRT or cab everyday. Eg: Your wife going into labour at midnight and you start to call for a cab or take MRT? Your children fell sick and need to go hospital or 24hrs clinic for treatment and one start to dial for a cab? There will also definitely be some rich folks who own not just 1 car in this development.

Is it possible to ask the developer to add in more lots at this juncture? More definitely better than later not enough...
    Every family wants to own at least one car. But can they afford? Car ownership cost will only go up. My sense is the general profile of this project's buyers are more price sensitive. They prefer to divert the money from car purchase to buying a larger unit. Most mass condos I visited and not so near MRT have about 20% empty lots, so this one will give owners more reasons to save the car ownership costs (>$1700/mth) by travelling via public transport. If there are really not enough lots, additional lots can be easily drawn like those in shopping malls. For this psf, really cannot bargain too much.

This is a chain reaction.
    From Carpark issue to Security issue.
    From Security issue to Manpower issue.
    From Manpower issue to Money issue.
    From Money issue, back to Carpark issue.....
    Provided the friend you have registered his car under your unit is a trustworthy friend, it should be fine. Anyway, security is a problem in some condos.

I have visited my friends frequently in his condo that the security guards now opens the gate to me without even stopping my car or taking down the number plate. He even waved to me as if I am a resident of that development as I drove in. Security threats come in all shapes and sizes.

Residents can also pass the friend the security pass to access the pool or something which is not an uncommon practice too. How secure can that be? Its up to the owners to be responsible for their actions...

Why is it that difficult for a developer to cater one car lot for each unit? There'll definitely be demand from the 3-4 beddersd for 2 carpark lots to make up for the lack of demand for lots from some of the units.

Development near mrt can have less than 1:1 ratio of carparking lot to units. It will be a problem looking at the mix of buyers. HDB dwellers are not uncommon to have more than 1 car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Availability of parking lots is a big concern here. Why can't Sim Lian give a minimum of 1 to 1?

They have to park at the mall or take train to visit people at ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    visitors got to park at the road side.

Is this allowed?
    For example, i do not have any car, but I still pay for monthly Maintenance Fee. I will like to register my friend or relative car that stay near to the condo. So they get the free parking. In this case, 1 unit 1 lot is important.

Duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-northvale

my friend got 1 unit there, rent out 3k. seems quiet good to me
    if 2 bedder can rent 3k is really good. ur friend one is a 2 bedder or 3 bedder?

If I am not wrong, there was a guide issued not too long ago that if condo is near to MRT, the developers can offer less than 1 lot per unit.

The worst one I come across is Sentosa Cove, one lot per unit. The price there is $5m and above per unit...so, the sale of that project is very poor...who own just one car there?

For carpark, most condo have the by law
    1. only resident can park. In other words, if ur SP, but not resident, ie, tenanted ur unit, then no parking entitlement to the SP.
    2. only car in the name of the resident can register for carpark, cars of frn and relatives are out.
    3. only first car lot is given free. Second car then depends on the bylaw.

Proof is needed for #1 and #2.
    if there is more cars than lots, most of the time is by ballot...depends on the bylaw then

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Why is it that difficult for a developer to cater one car lot for each unit? There'll definitely be demand from the 3-4 beddersd for 2 carpark lots to make up for the lack of demand for lots from some of the units.
    Its not so difficult. Its a matter of choice. Developers are here to squeeze every opportunity for profit so building less parking lots is definitely one possible way to maximize profit coz carparks will be smaller. The interest of the buyers are never in the minds of developers otherwise they will not buy lands at such high price and then sell them at record prices.

For many condos, they will check the log card of the car to ensure the address in the log card is indeed the condo's address. So you cannot anyhow take parking lots for your great grand uncle or friend living miles apart and hardly parks there. To be fair, one needs to be a resident to be entitled to a parking lot. So, a person with 2 cars registered at the address should be given priority to someone who has no car and wants to chope a lot for an uncle living 100 miles away. In any case, live in condo don't be so fussy lah. If u have no car, so be it. Why die die must take a space that you don't need right? And if u have more than 1 car, then go find a condo that allows parking for more than 1 car. There are lots of older condos can park many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Provided the friend you have registered his car under your unit is a trustworthy friend, it should be fine. Anyway, security is a problem in some condos.

I have visited my friends frequently in his condo that the security guards now opens the gate to me without even stopping my car or taking down the number plate. He even waved to me as if I am a resident of that development as I drove in. Security threats come in all shapes and sizes.

Residents can also pass the friend the security pass to access the pool or something which is not an uncommon practice too. How secure can that be? Its up to the owners to be responsible for their actions...

But the reality is 1-2 station apart prices got a lot of difference. I agree sometimes the difference might be too huge. But look at current trading, e.g. look at Novena and Toa Payoh OR Clementi and Jurong.

And I'm not saying the entire D19 is bad. Look at the map, I'm merely saying D19 is darn HUGE. The distance is like from Bishan to Woodlands. Obviously the price differential can be substantial. And Punggol is like the "toilet bowl" of D19 for lack of a better description, and deserve a lower price tag than the Kovan or even Serangoon or Hougang.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    by your logic, the entire NEL properties would have suck liao. But the prices have been holding up well proving that market and consumers don't mind the walk at dhoby gault station..

I think most comparisons are betw ATT and luxurie since they are 1 mrt station apart.. so far, nobody compare it to kovan residences right?

Anyone been to showflat yesterday?
    Wondering whether got anymore 2BR available or new release. My frens quite gian after I told them of my purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    But the reality is 1-2 station apart prices got a lot of difference. I agree sometimes the difference might be too huge. But look at current trading, e.g. look at Novena and Toa Payoh OR Clementi and Jurong.

And I'm not saying the entire D19 is bad. Look at the map, I'm merely saying D19 is darn HUGE. The distance is like from Bishan to Woodlands. Obviously the price differential can be substantial. And Punggol is like the "toilet bowl" of D19 for lack of a better description, and deserve a lower price tag than the Kovan or even Serangoon or Hougang.
    I agree. My wife said the world has gone mad when I told them that people thought that ATT is cheap at $870psf and had snapped many units. For people like us who have lived in the city fringe for more than 15 years, Punggol is very very far, and may as well be Siberia. that price is not low at all.

It is about expectation. To the HDB upgraders in the vincinity, it is an improvement. To you, becos you are in city fringe will expect better than that. It depends where you are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I agree. My wife said the world has gone mad when I told them that people thought that ATT is cheap at $870psf and had snapped many units. For people like us who have lived in the city fringe for more than 15 years, Punggol is very very far, and may as well be Siberia. that price is not low at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Anyone been to showflat yesterday?
    Wondering whether got anymore 2BR available or new release. My frens quite gian after I told them of my purchase
    bro, u buy for home stay or investment?

And anyway, u can just sms your agent to help u lookout for new releases...

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo

i no more bullet la. sms agent scared play up her expectation. the agents there expect to close deal for every customer seen

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo

might got a chance you can get referral discount as well...

i no more bullet la. sms agent scared play up her expectation. the agents there expect to close deal for every customer seen
    thought u bought a 2br? you intend to sell or rental? and which stack?

seems like good stacks all sold off liao...

Yeah bro, could see the crazy in their eyes...

My agent said "like buying cheap vegetables in the market".

Quote Originally Posted by masterkey

there are double meanings to that statement... depends on how u interpret it...

Maybe they were sold on the good ol "Punggol 21" story that might FINALLY take off in the 21st Century.

I think it's not cheap, but the price is fair if it's similar to Yishun Woodlands pricing. Many Punggol residents are quite young (mid 30s) and are in a position to upgrade after making money from their HDB.

some ppl who frequent markets to buy groceries would say vegetables are sold cheap because they are not fresh and risk going bad....

It takes 20 min to travel from punggol to dhoby gaut on the mrt, is that considered far? Apart from the air pollution from pasir gudang, I personally think punggol is a very livable estate and the hdb flats there look far nicer than any housing estate I have been to in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    It takes 20 min to travel from punggol to dhoby gaut on the mrt, is that considered far? Apart from the air pollution from pasir gudang, I personally think punggol is a very livable estate and the hdb flats there look far nicer than any housing estate I have been to in singapore.
    and it takes 15 mins of driving time to reach Geylang from Punggol. via KPE.

I thought this is relatively cheaper than Estuary in Yishun which may have the view but got mrt tracks but not station.
    Maybe they were sold on the good ol "Punggol 21" story that might FINALLY take off in the 21st Century.

I think it's not cheap, but the price is fair if it's similar to Yishun Woodlands pricing. Many Punggol residents are quite young (mid 30s) and are in a position to upgrade after making money from their HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    They have to park at the mall or take train to visit people at ATT.
    all the new condos will have this problem....at most 1to1 now so dun expect to have any visitor lots.....got mrt and near hdb estate vy good for visitors oredi.....can park at nearby hdb carpark or take mrt

some landed area r worse to do house visiting......i park along the roadside and kena summon! den i swear i wun visit tat fren again