Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Soleil

Some don't like hospitals. It is almost surrounded by hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng1
    It's all about demand and supply.

Convenience vs residential feel

OCR has risen so much over the past 2 years as compared to CCR. The price difference is so small that I would rather top up a little and get CCR.

E.g.
    Potong Pasir MRT - Nim Residence LH going for $1200psf
    Redhill MRT - Asentia LH going for $1400psf
    Farrer Park MRT - Cityscape FH for $1400psf
    Novena MRT - Parc Infinia FH for $1850psf

If you can get Soleil at $1600psf today, it's relatively reasonable as compared to other projects provided one likes living near places of convenience.

I forget to add that there are no HDBs nearby which adds to the upper class residence feel.

Don't forget that 85% of locals live in HDBs. So that puts one in the upper class.
    No hdbs but got many sick patients ....

OCR has risen so much over the past 2 years as compared to CCR. The price difference is so small that I would rather top up a little and get CCR.

E.g.

If you can get Soleil at $1600psf today, it's relatively reasonable as compared to other projects provided one likes living near places of convenience.
    In terms of convenience/distance to MRT and novena Sq, Sq2, , Soleil is definitely better than most of the condos in novena/newton.
    Maybe a better comparison should be with Amaryllis, also LH, but looks like a cheaper (though older) option. For own stay at Soleil, some might mind the really close proximity to hospitals, but would foreign tenants, who may be less superstitious mind?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    In terms of convenience/distance to MRT and novena Sq, Sq2, , Soleil is definitely better than most of the condos in novena/newton.
    Maybe a better comparison should be with Amaryllis, also LH, but looks like a cheaper (though older) option. For own stay at Soleil, some might mind the really close proximity to hospitals, but would foreign tenants, who may be less superstitious mind?
    Rental shd b ok....

But for own stay, i wud avoid lor....not tat i am superstitious but its kind of depressing to be surrounded by hospitals rite?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Rental shd b ok....

But for own stay, i wud avoid lor....not tat i am superstitious but its kind of depressing to be surrounded by hospitals rite?
    Always peee pu peee pu lor...

Those you have quoted are RCR. You forgot about Centro Residences Ang Mo Kio starting from $1400psf, My Manhattan Simei $1200psf, etc

E.g.

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    No hdbs but got many sick patients ....
    Agree with you. Some of my friends say that they are not comfortable living next to hospitals, including myself. I am looking at it as an investment where it's easily tenentable and I should be able to recoup this flat for free in 15 years. Easy $$

Perhaps that explains why condos near Mount E, Mount A, Gleneagles etc are not cheap either.

I personally prefer a more residential feel like The Anchorage, Four Seasons which I'm vested in as well.

Is it fair that private flat owners cannot purchase HDB flats yet HDB flat owners can purchase private flats?

I'm not trying to burn bridges but am asking that HDB flat owners be barred from purchasing private flats. Somehow these heartlanders cheapen the residential feel.

Agree with you. Some of my friends say that they are not comfortable living next to hospitals, including myself. I am looking at it as an investment where it's easily tenentable and I should be able to recoup this flat for free in 15 years. Easy $$

Perhaps that explains why condos near Mount E, Mount A, Gleneagles etc are not cheap either.

I personally prefer a more residential feel like The Anchorage, Four Seasons which I'm vested in as well.
    Hi ginseng1
    Based on your previous post, you should be owning a sizable unit facing south. So will not see the hospital directly so the "hospital" feeling should be lessen.
    My feel is the place is pretty bustling but cannot say so during epidermic time like SARS.
    Went to kapo last weekend kind of find units having city view is nice and the pool gives a posh feeling too.
    With conveniences overall still good
    Still like high floor studio but out of reach as studio mid floor asking $1.2m. Sigh. Anyway congrats to your new apt gotten TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Record caveat $1,967 psf lodged in June.
    Yet again, another record breaking in September caveat of $2,174psf for a 506sf unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Yet again, another record breaking in September caveat of $2,174psf for a 506sf unit.
    Mm rules! Hehehe

Wifey kept reminding me of prices then during the SARS period..

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    Ur wife got vy gd memory

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    Guess u will "siam" Novena area for shopping & dinning ....since it bring back bad memories..& nagging..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Guess u will "siam" Novena area for shopping & dinning ....since it bring back bad memories..& nagging..
    Congrats to owners of Soleil. Whenever I pass by Novena I wished I had a unit there.

Sigh....

Is it fair that private flat owners cannot purchase HDB flats yet HDB flat owners can purchase private flats?

I'm not trying to burn bridges but am asking that HDB flat owners be barred from purchasing private flats. Somehow these heartlanders cheapen the residential feel.
    OMG.....

Ginseng1, are you born with a silver spoon? Why did you say "heartlanders cheapen the (Soliel) residential feel"?

Today, I entered the side gate which was opened by the security guard. He asked whether I'm a resident before he realised that I was carrying my groceries from NTUC. Anyway I replied that I'm before he realised that I was probably one of the few residents who bother to wave or say hi to the guards at the guard room.

I'm glad that he's doing his job but can't help wondering if I was a non-local, would I have been asked this question? Really sad that locals somehow get a different kind of treatment. I'm expecting more of such questions as I head to the swimming pool this weekend.

Today, I entered the side gate which was opened by the security guard. He asked whether I'm a resident before he realised that I was carrying my groceries from NTUC. Anyway I replied that I'm before he realised that I was probably one of the few residents who bother to wave or say hi to the guards at the guard room.

I'm glad that he's doing his job but can't help wondering if I was a non-local, would I have been asked this question? Really sad that locals somehow get a different kind of treatment. I'm expecting more of such questions as I head to the swimming pool this weekend.
    Nxt time shop at cold storage lor....see any diff anot....hehe

This comment reminds me of the Holland V girl Samantha who went on radio and created a hoo-ha with her derogatory remarks on "heartlanders" who cannot afford to go to her Holland V

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Ginseng1, are you born with a silver spoon? Why did you say "heartlanders cheapen the (Soliel) residential feel"?

Now how does that feel?

Is it possible that the security guard stopped and questioned you bcoz he thinks that you are one of the "heartlanders that cheapen the feel" and therefore he doubts that you live there.

NTUC still ok wat...
    Next time, just for fun, try to bring in groceries from Sheng Siong....
    Then see how they react...

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    1.2m can buy D1 already wor

I just think it is not rational to pay 1.2mil for 99yr lease hold in Novena. But each to its own....

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Now how does that feel?

Is it possible that the security guard stopped and questioned you bcoz he thinks that you are one of the "heartlanders that cheapen the feel" and therefore he doubts that you live there.
    Are you a heartlander?

I have never been and never intend to unless circumstance does not allow. Reason being I'm doing my National duty in not competing with the rest who truly need a subsidised housing.

I don't see the link between CS, NTUC & SS. I shop at Tekka Market too for the fresh fish and it's situated in Little India. I drive a humble VW Jetta. And I live at Soleil.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    I just think it is not rational to pay 1.2mil for 99yr lease hold in Novena. But each to its own....
    Neither is it rational to pay $1000 psf in OCR areas but it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantgizmos
    NTUC still ok wat...
    Next time, just for fun, try to bring in groceries from Sheng Siong....
    Then see how they react...

Sheng Siong public listed company, you know. don't play play...

SS things are no longer cheap as before.

Neither is it rational to pay $1000 psf in OCR areas but it's happening.
    I wonder how long this will sustain.

It's a people's perception issue.

Previously - property loan period was framed as a 15 - 20 years duration.
    Then it was 25 - 30 years. Now its retirement minus age - so can stretch to even 40 years. So quantum can increase.

The wage earner gets screwed and works all his life to own a piece of property. Tough...

Are you a heartlander?

I have never been and never intend to unless circumstance does not allow. Reason being I'm doing my National duty in not competing with the rest who truly need a subsidised housing.

I don't see the link between CS, NTUC & SS. I shop at Tekka Market too for the fresh fish and it's situated in Little India. I drive a humble VW Jetta. And I live at Soleil.

Peace.

Hey peace bro...

If you must know, like you I am not a "heartlander" (as you term it) and has never been. But it is not my intention, I would have loved to be able to get all those grants and subsidy. And no, I don't consider that as a national duty.

I just find it amusing that you think "heartlanders" cheapen the feel but at the same time you feel indignant that a guard questioned your residency at the Soleil. Don't you see the irony of it?